Mandarin Oriental Singapore

winny

<font color="aa00aa">Hi nehoc, hahaha...i got it now.

You have an email.</font>
happy.gif

didee

hihi

wanna find out how is Adeline as the coordinator?

e.g.: is she the responsible kind or the nightmarish kind?

any info on her would be deeply appreciated

rockofice

Hi all

I have done some homework comparing MO and MC.. it seems like MO has less perks like the following

- No LCD complementary
- no helper room
- 1 barrel of beer only
- no ang bao box
- no free 1 bottle red wine per table

Anyone had signed up recently and manage to secure the above perks after bargaining?

rockofice

Thats amazing! Thanks for your feedback.. anything in particular that you would like to mention that can be improved after going through wedding in MO?

Anyway I saw your VG, the hotel is at orchard parade or MO?

kai9

Hi nehoc,

For the LCD complementary, what's thats? They provided a LCD TV for your montage slides show?

My package does not include ang bao box too but it's ok, i decided to DIY.

I had red wine per table thou. Thinking of asking for perks like free flow beer, helper for room &amp; LCD.

Cheers.

waxie24

LCD is the projector..

I m sure they do not provide LCD TV , cos i remember i bring my own on my wedding last sept..

i have free red wine per table too..

da230509

Hi KaiStarz,

My package includes the helper room.

I tried asking for free flow of beer but only managed to get another barrel of beer, so total 2 barrels of beer. At least better than nothing...heh..so you can try asking.

rockofice

nehoc:

Thanks! anyone trying forgoing their wedding favours and try to source one for yourself? I had hope they will reduce the costs if I dun take their favours, but they dont right?

nehoc

Lilian,
Yeap!! there are some small function room but your guest won't get lose if yours is the main ballroom because is very noticeable

Regards

da230509

Hi Lilian, they have another smaller ballroom called the Atrium Suite on the first floor. But this suite is further in and like nehoc said the oriental ballroom is more noticeable, right at the entrance of the hotel.

rockofice

Hi all

I am thinking of securing the package with MO.. as they seem to be the ONLY hotel which can fit into my desired no of tables, budget, theme, accessibility and good feedback! =)

But I do notice that they wedding show was 3rd quarter last year and they have also replied to me that there will not be wedding show for them in the next few months.. sigh!

For those who signed up with MO during their wedding show last year, is it true that you get more perks such as table discounts, more red wine, free flow beer, helper's room, anniversary suites etc only at wedding shows?

If that is the case, then I will wait for their wedding shows, although I dunno when that will be and whether there will be one in the first place...=( At the same, I dun want the good auspiscious dates to be gone.. However, since my AD is on a weekday, it should be rather safe to book one year in advance right? My AD will be 3rd quarter 2010

Comments and ideas, pls! Thanks! =)

rockofice

Hi all..

Has anyone placed a booking for 2010 3Q/4Q Oriental banquets recently? The coordinator told me the prices for that period is not out yet and hence even if you place booking now, it will follow the newly released price next year...?

yvchy8

I held my wedding early last month at MO. My guests enjoyed the food tremendously. They also commented that the ballroom is very beautiful, from the chandeliers to the table centrepiece. I have no complaints abt MO. the service is attentive, they are very accommodating and everything went according to plan w/o a hitch. Everyone, from the coordinator to the butler deserve two thumbs up.
happy.gif

jojo11

tats good... been seeing good reviews about MO
i'm thinking about holding my wedding there.. but the atrium room looks abit weird...

how does the garden suite look like?

thanks

jojo

winny

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Yve, which theme did you choose? Do you mind sharing your photos?

I have in mind the theme "Happiness" but not sure if it'll be too red.

Also, just wondering if it's a tradition to give the banquet/floor manager red packet? My fren said it's a must so that he/she will make sure everything is done smoothly.</font>

nehoc

Winny,
We did not give them any red packet. I dont know if your friend hold her wedding in Oriental...If i can give a rating i'll give them 10/10.

ekrissie

Hi all,

Does any of you have pictures of the Oriental Ballroom? I want to know how spacious it is as I will have 40 tables. Will it be too squeezy for that number of tables?

yvchy8

On the day I checked out, we gave out 3 angpows to the hotel staff - for the butler, my coordinator &amp; the bridal assistant assigned to me on the AD. My total cost was $180 for the 3 angpows. Its not an exhorbitant amt of $ nor is it miserly we feel, but it is just a token for running our show smoothly. We were truly impressed.

On my AD, the bridal assistant even helped me fasten my halter gown. She helped me to remove a running thread from my gown, and carried around a glass of warm water with a straw wherever I was, "just in case". She basically just followed me every second ensuring I dont trip over and provided reassuring company wherever I was. I felt so bad and never expected her to go such lengths.
At my friends' banquet, they were mostly moving around themselves, and had to fumble with their EGs while going table to table.

Anyway, since I didnt give the angpows prior to the wedding, so the kind of attention &amp; coordination they rendered would come from the excellent training &amp; service level at MO, not becoz they received monetary reward so they were obliged to perform better on that day.

rockofice

Hi anyone knows if we can book for Sept-Oct 2010 in MO yet? will they follow the prices for now since their 2010 prices is not out?

clairegq

hi, if this is the Mandarin Oriental we are talking about, is it 10 person in a table or 12 person? I'm so happy that MO has such good reviews.

hi, any idea what are the choice of colors of flowers that are w/in the package? I'm thinking of using dark red/shocking pink roses for the dream theme, but am unsure if they'll charge extra?

pebz

Hello. I was at Oriental last evening for a site visit. My coordinator was Eve. Anyone had liaised/spoke with her before? Overall, quite ok. Except that she kept us waiting for awhile and the stupid concierge was just not-helpful.

rockofice

Hi all

I should be meeting Mark for ballroom viewing this week. Can those BTBs who went recently share about the perks they are currently offering? Are they relaxing their perks or uptight?

yuki_81

Hi Waxie,

Are you able to share with me your poolside solemnization pictures at MO? I'm thinking of holding my solemnization there.

Thanks.

na2

chouchouchboogie,

No extra charge. But Yam roses still go with dream theme the best. I had mine change to red but back to Yam again..
happy.gif

na2

I have not receive a single bad reviews abt MO from any of my guests after my wedding last week. Many frens ask for the contact of this hotel aft my wedding as they love the food, the service, the wedding favours, the theme.. everything! They want to use this hotel for their wedding as well.
All MO BTB, rest assure that u will be well taken care by all the MO staffs like a princess. Thumbs up for their service!!
happy.gif
I gave 3 angpaos to them as well to show our appreciation aft i check out from room.

geray1008

Hi chouchouchboogie,

I would like to use the dream theme also but afraid tat it might look v dark.

Hi Na2,
I am glad to hear tat the red roses can be used for the dream theme wo any extra charges.
Btw can i know wat colour is the table cloth for the VIP table? Also black? Or is the colour very dark grey?

yvchy8

Hi elmo, I did lunch wedding at MO. The normal menu includes 7 courses but I added in 1 more course. the food is exactly the same as dinner. I got 1N stay at the suite only though. The rest of the perks are comparable. I still receive guests' comments that the food is v gd. MO is a delight to work with!

kai9

Hi Yve,

Congrats to your wedding.

Just wondering when did you sign up for the wedding lunch? What perk did you receive? Thanks.

Cheers.

na2

Hi geray1008,
Dream theme is not as dark as what we think. I have 35 tables. My hubby was a bit sad cos it was not dark enough.. But I'm very satisfied cos too dark many ppl might nt be able to accept it. VIP tables are dark as well. Not very dark as all tables have a silver translucent cloth to cover it. It look class. Our parents request to have a small red table runner on it. It looks great.

geray1008

Hi Na2,
Glad to hear tat.
I agreed tat if too dark, those elderly might be unhappy lor. My parents are doubtful abt how it ll turn out to be.
Its a gd idea to have a red table runner so it wont be so 'black'. Btw do u have the red table runner only at the VIP or all the tables?

Wondering wat colour of EG can go with the dream theme.
Thanks gal.

evocal

Hi geray, i've seen the set up for the dream theme in the ballroom and it actually is not as dark as the photos. Like what nehoc said, there actually is a gunmetal coloured organza table cloth over the black so it actually looks nice. I would love to go with that theme, but cos i'm having my dinner in the garden suite and the ceiling is lower, then it will be a little too dark and i like my photos to actually reflect the true colour of the setting so i've just decided to go with the love theme. (going white and a little bit of green)

i'm counting down peeps.....1 more month and i'll be back in singapore for the wedding!