Mandarin Orchard Singapore

Thank you for your interest to hold your wedding at Mandarin Orchard Singapore.

As the file of the ballroom with the themes are too large, you may email jacqueline.loh@meritushotels (+65 6831 6029) to request for the wedding packages and images of the ballroom with the up to date themes for your reference and consideration! :)

From The Weddings Team :)

Thank you for clarifying,

The wedding themes in general changes on a yearly basis to stay atop of current wedding decor trends and to offer a differentiation to our couples yearly.

From the Wedding TEam :)

slpingstarz

Would like to share my wonderful experience at Mandarin Orchard although my wedding was like over a year ago.

Frankly speaking it was really a pain checking out so many hotels and communicating with so many "unresponsive" or "rude" sales managers. Our search ended after I dropped Mandarin Orchard an email and got a reply so promptly - even when it was after office hours. Just within one business day, the sales manager sent us all the information we needed and even made an arrangement to meet up with us at the hotel. Unlike many other hotels selling packages with alot of hidden costs (e.g. for AV equipment rental) , Mandarin Orchard's package was clear and all inclusive. We signed for our package the very day without much hesitation and I can say that we have made the right choice with no regrets at all : )

Very soon came our actual day. The sales manager (a different person, as the previous lady has left the company) , made arrangements to receive us at the driveway and to bring our belongings up to the room. After which, my husband was called for a briefing , together with the hotel staffs involved. Briefing on the entire event timeline was clear and precise and the sales manager told us to rest assure that we will receive guidance and assistance as and when needed. The chief coordinator and his team did their job really well and we were very pleased with their service. The hotel even threw in some free bottles of red wine when our (own) supply ran out - It was so hospitable of them to do so! Our guests also commented that the food was good. The food was actually from the Chinese restaurant opposite the ballroom, which definitely had to be of some standard..

We were also pleasantly surprised with their spacious suite at the club floor which consists of a living room and a bedroom. We had our breakfast and check-out at the club lounge/floor the following day. Club breakfast was different from the usual breakfast buffet at triple three. It was kinda VVIP style, although the variety of food may be limited. I still remember the delicious premium cod fish served in a small porcelain "spoon"! I doubt this can be found at the usual hotel breakfast buffet!

I told myself, I gotta come back to Mandarin Orchard to stay some day! Which I did, last December on my birthday. I booked the most economical room... but was pleasantly surprised with a free room upgrade as it was my birthday. (the receptionist realized when saw the date on my I/C)

Here are some pictures taken on my wedding day ..

IMG_4260_zpsff8464ed.jpg

Love the Imperial ballroom and it's layout : ) Picture was taken by our photographer before they allowed the guests in...
wed_zps349ed499.jpg

Complementary chocolates, strawberries and champagne from the hotel : )

241628_10150322484589937_4656201_o_zps4623fa56.jpg

Complimentary Chocolate Cake under the pretty fondant : )

247960_10150322483504937_2851641_n_zps8e92e078.jpg

Hall way linking our bedroom to the living room

244362_10150322484514937_2331914_o_zpsb404b705.jpg

Our Bedroom ....

240493_10150322483599937_8100491_o_zps195526d4.jpg

Yummyz Premium Cod Fish!!! Club Breakfast @ Club Lounge

Hi babe,

Would u mind sharing ur package details with me ? Able to drop me ur email and I will email you ?
Thankyou !

brideww

Am a mandarin orchard bride this coming dec at their Grand Mandarin ballroom! Really hope everything goes smoothly.. Service is super important.. Can make or break an event. Their ballroom is really pretty! Hopefully food can be as good!

slpingstarz

Am a mandarin orchard bride this coming dec at their Grand Mandarin ballroom! Really hope everything goes smoothly.. Service is super important.. Can make or break an event. Their ballroom is really pretty! Hopefully food can be as good!

hi brideww, do you mind sharing your package ? Thank you :)

brideww

hi brideww, do you mind sharing your package ? Thank you :)

Hi slpingstarz, Sure! Would u like me to email u or? I signed up last yr during bridal show. Each table costs 1288++ for sat n eve of PH. 998++ for mon to thurs. 1208++ for fri, sun and PH. They also have a premium package at 1428++ per table.

The rest of the package is pretty similar to other hotels.. Soft drinks n tea for 4 hrs, mocktail n nuts during reception, food tasting, free flow wine for 3 hrs, 1 complimentary barrel of beer etc.

Maybe I can email u if u want to know more :) I think their prices are different for this year though..not sure bout that.

brideww

Most hotel's prices really do differ by a lot between weekdays and weekends.. Do you brides mind holding ur weddings on a weekday to save money?

slpingstarz

Hi slpingstarz, Sure! Would u like me to email u or? I signed up last yr during bridal show. Each table costs 1288++ for sat n eve of PH. 998++ for mon to thurs. 1208++ for fri, sun and PH. They also have a premium package at 1428++ per table.

The rest of the package is pretty similar to other hotels.. Soft drinks n tea for 4 hrs, mocktail n nuts during reception, food tasting, free flow wine for 3 hrs, 1 complimentary barrel of beer etc.

Maybe I can email u if u want to know more :) I think their prices are different for this year though..not sure bout that.

Hi babe !! Thanks for the prompt reply, I went down to mandarin to view the venue tt day. Pretty much like the place ... M looking at level 35 imperial ballroom. Everything is quite okie ... Just tt mandarin like abit stingy on the extra night stay and providing extra helpers room :(

Did ü manage to get an extra night stay and the usage of a helper room ?

brideww

Hi babe !! Thanks for the prompt reply, I went down to mandarin to view the venue tt day. Pretty much like the place ... M looking at level 35 imperial ballroom. Everything is quite okie ... Just tt mandarin like abit stingy on the extra night stay and providing extra helpers room :(

Did ü manage to get an extra night stay and the usage of a helper room

Nope I didn't! I agree it's pretty hard to bargain.. But when I signed up, they had this additional wedding perks thing.. For eg, if I hav a min of 15 tables, I can choose 2 more perks, if min of 35 tables, i can hav 3 more perks n if min of 45 tables, i can hav 4 more perks.. The perks include helpers room, complimentary extra night stay etc.. So I did choose e extra night stay. But decided nt to choose helpers room cos only until 3pm.. Like quite useless :( may hav to book extra room for my helpers. Such a bummer.. Before that I visited pan pac, all these perks are included in their package. Their package r really attractive but I didn't like the ballroom lol. Don't mind me asking if their prices hav changed? Any other place u considering?

Racydolphin

Hi All, I'm also going to be a Mandarin Orchard bride this coming April. I thought I will share my vague and strange experience with the catering team of this hotel. I booked the place without having been to the venue as I'm based overseas. There are 2 team members from the catering department I have encountered. They are Jacqueline and Jason. They are both very nice and helpful if I manage to get their attention. The problem I have with both had been lack of prompt response after putting down the deposit. Slightly frustrating and annoying when I have time difference to try and get them so the tip is to make sure you give plenty of time allowance for responses. Oh and most comments posted here on their limitations of generosity is quite spot on! I have not managed to get anything extra from them apart from what was included in the package. My package was booked in their wedding show last Oct.

bride24

Yes agree!

After the asst director resigned, Jacqueline took over and I was told that they are finalising a manager to take over.. meanwhile she handle to my enquiries. HOWEVER, response is soooo slow or even worse NO REPLY!

This must improve!

slpingstarz

Nope I didn't! I agree it's pretty hard to bargain.. But when I signed up, they had this additional wedding perks thing.. For eg, if I hav a min of 15 tables, I can choose 2 more perks, if min of 35 tables, i can hav 3 more perks n if min of 45 tables, i can hav 4 more perks.. The perks include helpers room, complimentary extra night stay etc.. So I did choose e extra night stay. But decided nt to choose helpers room cos only until 3pm.. Like quite useless :( may hav to book extra room for my helpers. Such a bummer.. Before that I visited pan pac, all these perks are included in their package. Their package r really attractive but I didn't like the ballroom lol. Don't mind me asking if their prices hav changed? Any other place u considering?
Okay thats the siian part. Esp when their perks are so limited. But I love the ballroom thou :(
I m having rendezvous and amara hotel in mind :) but when it comes to ballroom, Mandarin will be the first but when it comes to perks, mandarin lost out to the other two !

mandylove

I attended a wedding dinner last dec & the service was quite terrible. Female server was wearing super short skirt & it was so disturbing. And worst thing is, they serve diluted coke, it was basically flat. I asked the server to change 3 times & none of it were gassy. Then I realized that they just took the coke from the reception which was ready prepared at least 1hr before the banquet. Terrible

brideww

Sigh..its kinda worrying but can't do much about it. Usually banquet waiters/waitresses are part timers and not trained. If the banquet managers in charge can take a look at their server's uniforms and how/what they serve, that'll be best..for their reputation sake..

odropleto

any mandarin orchard bride to share the experience? I am having mine at the grand ballroom in June. I really like their pillarless ballroom. Currently I am having a hard time communicating with my sales manager. Her response is very slow! :(

by the way, anyone thought of substituting the "Rice and Noodles" course to something else? I realise that the dish is always too heavy towards the end, and there is always leftover.

bride24

Hi Sungirl,

I did not sign during the road show. I went to view the ballroom with thw asst director back then and sign after that.

Yes, I did not ask much for the perks as it is already fixed base on yiur number of tables.

I only know they revamp the whole foyer. Super nice now compared to the old one.. as for the ballroom itself, im not very sure if they are renovating or not.

sungirl

If they really renovating, I hope they put chandeliers for the imperial ballroom, more classy :)

The coordinator didn't mention that though. She seemed like she dont know much on what is going to be renovated. But confirm there will be something done and will probably be nicer than now. :)

Cara Ng

Hi anybody use the Imperial Ballroom's Foyer for solemnisation before? My wedding is in Nov and I am considering whether to use the foyer or ask for a bigger function room for solemnisation. I am afraid the foyer may be too tiny. And I wanted to do a basic tea ceremony with relative after solemnisation.

Orange_Liao

Hi,

We had a wonderful experience with Mandarin Orchard. We took their banquet lunch in their imperial ballroom and solemnization at the foyer outside the ballroom.

We are writing in to show our gratitude to their staff: Ivah, Vanan and their team for their awesome service.

We would like to compliment all the staff as we received many good feedback from our guests.

Personally, we do observe that the staff are very attentive and responsive. As for Vanan, he patiently explained and guided us through the entire event. We were very comfortable with him managing our sequence of activities.

Last but not least, we appreciate what Ivah has done for us and could not ask for more as you have been professional from day 1 till the actual event day. We are pleased with all the pre-event arrangement and the prompt replies.

With that, we want to express our thank to the entire team and will definitely recommend our friends and relatives to consider Mandarin Orchard Singapore as an event venue.

Thank you and cheers.

Regards
Alan & Alaine

odropleto

Hi,

We just finished our wedding lunch at Grand Mandarin Ballroom early this month.

The ballroom was indeed gorgeous with the theme which we have chosen. However, the whole banquet falls short of something - service. General feedback from my guests were that the service staffs were "forgetful" in refilling beverages. At a few occasions, our guests actually had to request for a drink up to 3 times. Some of them actually walked out of the ballroom to the bar to help themselves. This lapse of service angered one of my guest to write an elaborate feedback on the back of the menu card. He asked to meet the banquet manager but yet no one responded to him. He had to pass the feedback to the bride at the end of the banquet. Can you imagine how embarrassed we feel?

He was angered that the plates were cleared away during the veg course, and left the whole table staring at the dish for 10min without any new plates. During the dessert dish, the staff only scooped 7 bowls, when clearly it was a table of 9. He was appalled that after 2 hours of banquet, the service staff still do not know the number of people for that table. The wait staff was very inattentive and caused them a lot of frustration.

Furthermore, at no time did we halt the service of alcohol beverages. However, many of the wait staffs told our guests that alcohol had run out. Similarly, my guests had to walk out to the bar outside of the ballroom to get the drinks for themselves.

We certainly did not get a proper service standard for the full service charge we paid. This is not acceptable from a reputable hotel like Mandarin Orchard. This experience has tainted our memory and embarrassed us on such a joyous occasion. Worse of all, the hotel stop replying our emails.

We are disappointed with Mandarin Orchard.

-Caslyn & Ryan

Just ended my wedding with mandarin orchard. Our coordinator Ivah was a joy to work with. Very prompt and helpful with our requests and frequent texts late at night.

However like the above post, we were tremendously disappointed with the service level of the banquet staffs. The food was great however the service needs much improvement. Most of the staffs were from china and they could not even understand a simple request for a glass of warm water. The banquet staffs were not attentive and had to be asked to top up my guests' drinks.

Using SingaporeBrides app

Dizzedup

Hi All

Im considering Mandarin Orchard for my wedding next year, can anyone share with me their package details?
Am looking at a saturday dinner package at the Imperial Room... about 15 - 18 details...

As I am not doing to sign up during the wedding show, may i know how generous are they with the perks? Thanks!

yinchu

Hi, i encounter some issues during contract signing.
Im recently signed up wedding banquet with mandarin orchard during their wedding roadshow oct 2014. However i was told that additional perks (stated in normal package) do not apply when you have the wedding fair promotion.
Is this normal?
Anyone can share?
Thanks!

breeblee

hi everyone, just wanted to share our wedding experience at Mandarin Orchard. if you need any details, do contact me! we just got married in march so the experience is still pretty fresh for us.

we started by looking around for hotels that would hold about 15-20 tables and of all the hotels that we saw, Mandarin Orchard's Imperial Ballroom stood out to us the most. our point of contact was Ivah, who we recommend very highly. with her advice, we signed up during their wedding roadshow and received more wedding perks such as an extra keg of beer and one bottle of wine per table. she is very prompt in her replies and would reply even after working hours. she helped us a lot in the 3 months leading to the wedding, giving us very clear instructions and contacts on how to go about getting our wedding cards, favours and decorations done.

their banquet manager's name has slipped our minds but he was a tremendous help to us and our coordinator as well. he made everything smooth and clearly briefed us on what would be happening next. we felt very at ease with his direction and are so thankful for his help. the wait staff were also prompt and courteous.

actually in the month leading up to the wedding, we had heard from a friend that MO is known to serve not very good food during banquets and we were a little worried when our food tasting didn't go very well. but the chef had taken our comments for the dishes and improved them so well that we are still getting compliments for the food served during the luncheon. the highlights were the prawns with chilli sauce (ask for more chill sauce and egg to be served during the banquet) and the eefu noodles.

as part of our wedding package, we were entitled to a suite which was HUGE. we had two separate areas, one living room and one bedroom. each room could accommodate 15-20 people which we used to host two different groups of friends after the luncheon. there was so much space for us and no one felt cramped.

we were also entitled to use the club facilities which was amazing. though the selection may not be huge, it was of decent quality and it was quieter than normal hotel breakfast rooms, which made us feel really special. Stephanie was our club concierge and she was a great help. she welcomed us from the hotel lobby and assisted us all the way, even when we were checking out and had some difficulty clearing our credit card payments.

the team at MO were such a great help to us and we are so thankful that they helped us pull off our special day smoothly and without hiccups. i think that's the best compliment a couple can give a hotel, especially when you hear horror stories of banquets going wrong.

our experience was with the team at the Imperial Ballroom on Level 35. i have heard that the food at the ballroom at Level 6 may not be as good so i am not too sure how to advise if you're thinking of going for that. all the best in planning and preparing for your big day!

SG50

hi everyone, just wanted to share our wedding experience at Mandarin Orchard. if you need any details, do contact me! we just got married in march so the experience is still pretty fresh for us.

we started by looking around for hotels that would hold about 15-20 tables and of all the hotels that we saw, Mandarin Orchard's Imperial Ballroom stood out to us the most. our point of contact was Ivah, who we recommend very highly. with her advice, we signed up during their wedding roadshow and received more wedding perks such as an extra keg of beer and one bottle of wine per table. she is very prompt in her replies and would reply even after working hours. she helped us a lot in the 3 months leading to the wedding, giving us very clear instructions and contacts on how to go about getting our wedding cards, favours and decorations done.

their banquet manager's name has slipped our minds but he was a tremendous help to us and our coordinator as well. he made everything smooth and clearly briefed us on what would be happening next. we felt very at ease with his direction and are so thankful for his help. the wait staff were also prompt and courteous.

actually in the month leading up to the wedding, we had heard from a friend that MO is known to serve not very good food during banquets and we were a little worried when our food tasting didn't go very well. but the chef had taken our comments for the dishes and improved them so well that we are still getting compliments for the food served during the luncheon. the highlights were the prawns with chilli sauce (ask for more chill sauce and egg to be served during the banquet) and the eefu noodles.

as part of our wedding package, we were entitled to a suite which was HUGE. we had two separate areas, one living room and one bedroom. each room could accommodate 15-20 people which we used to host two different groups of friends after the luncheon. there was so much space for us and no one felt cramped.

we were also entitled to use the club facilities which was amazing. though the selection may not be huge, it was of decent quality and it was quieter than normal hotel breakfast rooms, which made us feel really special. Stephanie was our club concierge and she was a great help. she welcomed us from the hotel lobby and assisted us all the way, even when we were checking out and had some difficulty clearing our credit card payments.

the team at MO were such a great help to us and we are so thankful that they helped us pull off our special day smoothly and without hiccups. i think that's the best compliment a couple can give a hotel, especially when you hear horror stories of banquets going wrong.

our experience was with the team at the Imperial Ballroom on Level 35. i have heard that the food at the ballroom at Level 6 may not be as good so i am not too sure how to advise if you're thinking of going for that. all the best in planning and preparing for your big day!

Hi Breeblee,

I'm planning to hold my wedding at mandarin orchard hotel at level 35 next year too.
Breeblee, did you need to pay any extra on top of the wedding banquet packagge when you ask for the extra ingredients/portion? (such as the extra sauce & eggs)

Anyone work with Jeanie before ?

lzw2109

Hi Breeblee,

I'm planning to hold my wedding at mandarin orchard hotel at level 35 next year too.
Breeblee, did you need to pay any extra on top of the wedding banquet packagge when you ask for the extra ingredients/portion? (such as the extra sauce & eggs)

Anyone work with Jeanie before ?

Hello SG50,

I'm also looking to hold my solemnization and wedding at imperial ballroom too. the sales person i spoke to was Jeanie as well. She seems really nice during our visit.

Abit worried about the service and food quality too, there's a couple of comments about slow service and mediocre food. Any ideas about that?

lzw2109

Hi Breeblee,

Your feedback is very helpful! Do you mind sharing what are the perks given during the wedding roadshow? Will the usual perks from the standard package still applies when you sign up during roadshow?

Did you hold your solemnization ceremony at the hotel too? Any feedback on that if you did?

Same as you, we are considering to hold a luncheon. Was your programme very rushed?

Thank you!

nadhirahk

Hello everyone!!

I'm in the midst of planning my wedding! But I can't seem to send an email to their main email address? It keeps bouncing back? Would I be great if anyone could share with me their coordinator's email address?

I am currently considering Marina Mandarin and Fairmont and would love to add Mandarin Orchard In the list! Thank you!

xb14

Hello everyone,

Could I check for the imperial ballroom, is the ceiling very low? Anyone can share with me how's the layout like?

Many many thanks in advance!

yinchu

Mine is on Jan 2016 at imperial ballroom.
Ceiling is quite high, like theatre like that. Guest will be looking at the main stage from high. here's the photo, for your reference

Attachments

• 1443933600922.jpg
    1443933600922.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 66

lzw2109

Hi sg50 and lzw2109, im also planning to hold my wedding lunch there in 2016! Planning to sign up during their wedding show
Looks like I'll see you there! :) the wedding show event offer is pretty attractive with the unlimited wine/beer and cash rebates! are you 2016 BTB? we are looking at early 2017.

lzw2109

Hello everyone!!

I'm in the midst of planning my wedding! But I can't seem to send an email to their main email address? It keeps bouncing back? Would I be great if anyone could share with me their coordinator's email address?

I am currently considering Marina Mandarin and Fairmont and would love to add Mandarin Orchard In the list! Thank you!

Hi dear, hope it's not too late to reply your question.

You can contact [email protected]

Mandarin Orchard is having a wedding roadshow this coming weekend on 11th October. Promotion perks as attached for reference. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• Promotional Perks.pdf
    360.5 KB · Views: 150