Mandarin Orchard Singapore

seiko

hi phy
happy.gif
u can try calling the general line 67374411 n request to speak to their Banquet sales team on enquiry for wedding pkgs.

loulou

Hi Phy,
My wedding coordinator there is Adeline, sorry I misplaced her namecard, so don't have her number or email address for now.
She is nice, you can try looking for her to help.
happy.gif

phy_o

Hi loulou and Seiko, thanx for the information! I'll call Meritus on Monday and check out their wedding pkgs. Will update you all how things are!
happy.gif

timeflies

hi Loulou,
My co-ordinator is Adeline too. yes I agree she is a nice person to talk with.

Phy,
Adeline's no. is 68316079
Call her, she is a great person to talk with.

To everyone,

how are your preparations?

phy_o

Hi timeflies,

Called MM today but no one was there to reply. It seems that they are pretty busy during this festive season. I'll try again tomorrow and hope for better results.

By the way, how many tables are you having? Mind sharing with me how much MM charges you?
happy.gif

niuniu

hi all,

u can call angie. She's the snr catering sales mgr. You'll be in good hands if you are getting her to take your case. We have no problems at all & the whole process is fuss-free. We have no worries at all. She's very patient & she hears you. & 1 very important thing, she don't give empty promises, unlike another 5* hotel. Glad that we have her with us throughout the whole process.
proud.gif
Her DID is 68316077. If she's not around, her secretary Bonnie will be able to help u.

timeflies

Hi Phy
Mine is 35 Tables.

Hi Sweet
Wa Oct, not to far from now. So your PS locations you chosen?
Which bridal shop did you sign up with?

jitpong

Hi phy - my co-ordinator is Henry, he is great too, very accomodating and will give you the best advise, you can called his mobile at 90617748.

Hi timesflies - my wedding is only 3 weeks later, just met up with Henry last nite to finalised some of the details, thk i will have a wonderful wedding with MM

loulou - I am using MC and have 37 tables, saw the table arrangement layout, seem like blockage by the pillars not a problem

mayng

lou lou: i suppose to have my AD at MC... but i change my AD date to earlier, and MC was occupied. so i was given GB with an increase of tables too.
happy.gif

those looking for MM's banquet... can oso contact Malcolm, Asst director of Catering sales.. he is a Excellent guy... he appeared on tv too... kekkee...

cottoncandy

hi timeflies

havent chosen my PS location yet but have selected my PS gowns liao..me with Milan..u confirm your BS already?

hi jitpong

congrats! so u went for the food tasting liao?
happy.gif
and wat wedding favours did u choose? understand that MM is planning to change their old seat covers to new ones starting from this mth onwards, did henry said anything about it?

tulipblue

hi gals...

mind if i join in?
smile.gif
My AD is this Nov (seems like quite far away..hehe but got countdown liao)...coordinator is Henry..nice chap and accomodating...took the Belverdere..anyone else doing at Belvedere too?

jitpong

Sweet - ya i went for the food tasting two weeks ago, overall still ok..i chose fruit cake and chocolate for my favours, the bear is quite nice can be used as as handphone acccessories, but i thk something for them to eat is better than them bringing something home to throw.

Yup, henry did mentioned about that, they are changing the seat covers batch by batch. He informed that they will have to team on my AD, one to place the seat covers, another to check all the seat covers to have those tear replace, very happy to hear that they have this extra effort made.

I let him handle everythings including my decor, can have less hassle.

zonkkie

Hi ,

Thats great news abt the seat covers. Is there any news on whether there will be new decor themes?

Jitpong - Can find out what flowers Henry has chosen for you?
happy.gif
Am taking Mandarin Court, and wondering what kind/ colour of flowers will work better in that setting.

jitpong

zonkkie - they are using roses and henry recommeded champagne colour for the flowers..they got blue, red etc thought.i am not very particular on the decor so din really request for much change just take whatever Henry recommended and they looked nice too.

They only got 2 types of flower stand for the aisle, i chose the one that looked more dreamy and elegant. Henry recommended that too mentioning it is more suitable for MC.

You get to choose the colour scheme of the lighting, but i chose blue, the photos that Henry show us is very nice, no longer the initial feeling that MC is too white.

One thing is only your 2 VIPs tables got sash around the chairs, all the rest will only be with seat cover, but i am ok with that too, have the mentality that my guests wont remember all these things too after the banquet.

I do away the signature book too.

cottoncandy

hi jitpong

glad to hear that the seat covers are being changed batch by batch and they even have someone to check and replace the torn ones..good service!
happy.gif

actually for the lighting effect, you can show different lights for different march-in, 1st dish presentation..and even have the side in 1 color and the centre aisle in 1 color.. can play ard with the colors..
happy.gif

mayng

jitpong: me too did away with the guest book. found it unnecessary and i dun like the idea of signing in, maybe i tot it was always a bad idea for my friends who were at the table helping me making them looks like receptionist.

on my AD, all the little things were in placed and there was no complains from the guests, all were compliments abt the food and wine. after the dinner till today, they still asking abt the wine n the food n my wedding invite which i sent out... kekekek...i would only say... MM's service is Value for Money. Thumb's Up for MM.

Like jitpong had mentioned, no one would bother abt the deco, i am more concern abt the food n wine.

Sweet: MM usually replaced their damaged chair covers, so rest assured. if u are not comfortable, maybe take a stroll before ur MUA arrive. As for me, i ask my MUA to be at MM at 5pm, she is done by 6pm. i went down to take a look, and at the same time.. entertain my guest as well (not wearing my WG, as i had another EG). I went up to change at 8.00pm. MC has the lighting effects... u can make use of them to make ur banquet real nice n classy. Be real careful when u choose the flowers along the aisle... ask ur coordinator for the BEST ideal deco.

jitpong

Ling - i only thought that by having a guest book it will only caused a jam at my reception table, only making things difficult for my friend who help at the reception, furthermore, i wanted 1 thing less in my storeroom...hahaha

phy_o

Hi all!

Thanx for your recommendations. Think I'm more kiasu than most of you here. I'm preparing for my AD in 2006 and here I am writing a post!

Congratulations to tulipblue! I'm so happy for you!

Managed to get MM to email me their 2006 menu. Wonder if they will follow up on the email. Or should I wait for their bridal show? By the way, do they have a bridal show?

loulou

Hi,
Anyone has experience having solemnisation before wedding dinner at Mandarin Court? I plan to have the 2 events back to back.
I paid deposit yesterday, relieved to have confirm the ballroom finally!
happy.gif

mayng

yes u indeed can have both things back to back. u can do ur 1st bridal walk in, then go on stage for the solemisation, then cake cutting... all can happen at one go... it depends on wat u wan.. u too can have it earlier, which is like 5pm. if u wan all to witness it, better do it during the dinner... the 1st Dish wont be served till u have taken ur seat after the cake cutting.. if u need to know more, u can give me a ring... 93669005, carole

loulou

Hi Ling,

Thanks in advance for your help, I will be travelling today so I will give you a ring sometime in 1-2 weeks.
happy.gif

razor

Hello. :)

Just to check with you gals (especially those who have been thru their wedding at MM liao), do we need to get ready a song for the 1st dish? Does MM have their own "show" and song for the 1st dish?

mayng

Razor: yes they do have songs for most part of the wedding, but prefer tt u have ur own. If they play a song which not of ur liking.. it might spoil ur day.

isobellies

hi everyone!

the last time i attended a wedding at MM, it had pretty "zhor-dang" pillars.. anyone have any idea which room is that? i remember once i come out from the lift i have to turn left..on the right was also another wedding couple, and i was told the ballrooms are exactly the same, just mirror image..

chipndale

hello iso,

wrt ur question, there are 2 ballrooms on the 4th floor...when u turn left there is mandarin court which is much bigger than belvedere room on the right. ballrooms are not the same at all. belvedere got zhor dang pillars even if u only have 25-30tables. whereas mandarin court can hold 30-50tables comfortably. if got less than 40tables,then there will be no blockage by pillars at all.

jitpong

hi gals

I just finished my wedding at Mandarin court on 19 Feb 05. Full of praises for the food and service for MM staff.

Thumbs up for the bridal suite as well. I will highly recommend MM for any couple contemplating to hold their wedding at MM.

Look for Henry, my co-ordinator, very responsible and approaching.

rainne

Hi everyone

Glad to know that so many gave gd comments for MM.. I m still comtemplating whether to hold my wedding at MM, cos i oni have ard 27tables, so can oni take Belvedere.. but I m worried abt the pillars.. anyone can advise whether the pillars will be a blockage?

I m liaising with Francis.. he seems like a very nice uncle... anyone manage to ask for free wines/food vouchers?

isobellies

Hi jules,

Thanks for the info! i can't remember how many tables the wedding at mandarin court had, but the pillars like not so nice.. anyway will go down and take a look again
happy.gif

mayng

rainee: free wines? i doubt so. vouchers, MM will be giving u a 150 meal voucher, 50 for F&B on ur wedding day

chipndale

hi iso,

i went down just yesterday and there was an ongoing wedding at mandarin court!!! the set up was quite grand and i barely noticed the pillars (which is a rare occurence!!)though i think they were wrapped round with chiffon sashes or someting?? yesterday the wedding had 35-40 tables i think and it looked just nice. infact i think belvedere pillars looked older, duller and HUGE. but its personal preference la. have u seen ACt 1 yet?? i was so bowled over but i have too many tables so cant fit in!

chipndale

Hi rainne,

i am liasing with malcolm who is truly a nice outgoing person but may i say a bit buaya..=) but comfortable to work w. think 27 tables in belvedere will be ok...maybe only a few pp at 1-2 tables may be blocked. why not expand to 30 and use mandarin court? sure no blockage then.

chipndale

Hi Jitpong,

congrats on finally being over and done with the wedding! am sure it must have been a beautiful affair!

do u have any pics of the bridal suite to share? was unable to view it when i went down to MM as it was occupied.

thanks!

[email protected]

jitpong

Jules - my photos not ready yet.

if you did take a catalog of their wedding package you will be able to see a small photos featuring the bedroom of the suite. The suite is separated into a bedroom and recreation room, so it is relatively very big and comfortable

cottoncandy

hi jitpong

congrats! glad that u had a lovely wedding banquet at MM.. so looking forward to mine..
happy.gif

hi jules

dun think the chiffon sashes are part of the package.. most probably the couple brought in their own.. i also chose mandarin court for my banquet, as i have less than 40 tables, confirm no blockage...

rainne

Hi jules

I also hoped that I can have more tha 30 tables then can straightaway take MC.. but think 28 is the max i can have. I asked Francis if we can take MC, he said quite difficult cos less than 30.. no choice, if i take MM, have to take belvedere.. But you were saying the pillar looked duller and older... how now?

Nvr seen Malcolm.. he is very experienced? he is a manager over there too? so far, i only liaise with Francis..

Hi Ling

My package doesnt come with the food voucher cos it's a weekday.. do u think can ask for it? Thanks.