Mandarin Orchard Singapore

ginjean

Meritus Mandarin = mandarin orchard? i chanced upon their latest menu and noticed that they serve hashima for their premium vegetarian menu.. super WRONG! hashima is NOT VEGETARIAN! its frog ovaries! called them up last week but have yet to receive their reply and clarification. future brides, please take note if you have vegetarian guests...

I asked. Mandarin orchard said they are not able to extend the perks enjoyed during the wedding show as it's over.

Do they charge for Corkage of hard liquor?

Hi ladies, if all along it's Tresia who has been in contact, isit possible to change to other coordinators?

Is she good? She seem inflexible abt perks. Or are all coordinators the same? I am still considering, yet to confirm.

lina83

Hi Jean,

Sounds scary.. That is what i am thinking also.. I just asked them to email me their vegetarian menu.. cos mine is FULL Veg so cant do that.. Their ballroom is nice.. Price also very nice hehe:p

ginjean

Hi Lina.. suggest you bug them to give you a answer on the dessert.. they didnt get back to me after i emailed and followed up with them with a phone call. Cannot imagine how disastrous if this was served to vegetarian guests...

lina83

Hi jean.. this sounds bad.. their normal menu shows double-boiled snow fungus with almond. I knoe snow fungus is not living thing.. Shd be okay.. How is yr coordination with them? Am thinking of giving them a visit nxt weekend..
sad.gif

pandalene

Hi Lynnie,

my coordinator also tresia..
i still waiting for my contract, it has been two wks since the wedding show. she just come back to work.
i found out that the price is lower in the wedding show compare to the price, i took b4 the wedding show. My husband is checking with her.

she said i will get the additional perks of free flow of beer or wine.

evanthlyn

I also signed before the wedding show. Is it possible to throw in additional perks? Cos I already signed the contract so dont think can. Sigh.

Wedding this Dec and not much infor about this hotel in this forum. Nervous

pandalene

Hi Eva,

I get my coordinator to write down the additional free peaks on the temp contract. you can try to neg with your coordinator.

I feel safer to be in black n white.

evanthlyn

Hi Jolene,

We already signed the final contract
sad.gif
What free perks you got? Wedding show each table much cheaper is it? When is your wedding date?

pandalene

Hi Eva,

Ic u have sign the final contract.
Mine is next yr June, on sunday. I taking the imperial ballroom.

b4 wedding show - table $1018++
on wedding show - table 988++
$30 diff for per table...

evanthlyn

$30++ per table and including gst, save so much more. I am taking the mandarin court which has changed name to Silk Room. Dont know if this is the final name.

I missed the wedding show. Tresia said those who got to enjoy wedding show perks are weddings before 31st August 2012, is that true?

I'm waiting to sign my contract too. Tresia seems very busy, took quite some time for her to reply emails.

lina83

Hi i managed to cooordinate with Jacqueline.. Thinking of signing for Wedding lunch@ Grand ballroom with min 8 tables.. Ard $928++ for weekends. Same price as u gals?

evanthlyn

I signed last year around December way before the wedding show. 988++

Do you know the new name for Mandarin Court? the min.15 tables ballroom?

Wedding show did you all see any themes? That time I was told victorian and garden theme. Dont know if they introduced new ones.

lina83

Imperial Ballroom is the new name from the quotation she sent me.. Min. 15 tables ballroom.. shd be same as the one u mentioned..I am looking into Grange ballroom lunch package cos mine is small wedding of 8 tables..

Eva, i did not attend any wedding show
sad.gif
btw my wedding is nxt year Dec 2012 so thought of booking the venue early or else no more slots.. I will pop back nxt week and keep u updated. When yr big day?

evanthlyn

Thanks Lina!

I did not attend wedding show too. My date is dec 3 this year. Someone wanted the date but luckily they backed out. If you really like the room then book early ba if not will regret. Or you can tell your coordinator your preferred date and inform you if another couple is interested. So you are informed (can faster chop before them) and at the same time can look at other places.

Let's keep each other updated :)

lina83

Thanks Eva!

Wedding can be a stressful event cos is once in a lifetime.. Did not manage to get the coordinator on the phone that i coordinated with.. so i emailed the manager & her to ask for a site visit... For me due to strict vegetarian, not much options cos mostly banquets are Not vegetarian.. so Furama City Centre & Mandarin Orchard are 2 good choices for me
happy.gif

pandalene

Good date must faster chop chop. At first, i choose Marine M but the date I wan was book. it was lucky that it was book. I prefer Imperial Ballroom.
I sign the pkg so fast is also because of my date.

Eva,
congrat for your big day^_^

evanthlyn

Lina: Oh you're a vegetarian :) Read in this forum that there is a prob with one of the vegetarian dish so maybe you would like to clarify with the hotel. So excited for you! Let us know your decision :)

Jolene: Which date in June? June hols right must be a hot date. I like imperial cos of the 3-tier ballroom. Thanks Jolene. Will tell you how it goes after my wedding in dec haha

Hi Eva, my wedding will be in Dec 2012.

Lina: Our wedding will be in the same month! I think now it's a good time to source & book for AD banquet cos quite a few hotels I enquired, there are dates either booked or tentative booked.

evanthlyn

Did you girls go for good dates (seeing tong shu and ba zi etc) or any dates will do? If the date you want coincides with the good dates.. then must faster book

lina83

Hi Lynnie, so happy to hear we are getting married in Dec 2012, mine is 29 Dec 2012. Which coordinator is better? I need someone more attentive to details..
happy.gif

Eva, i never check but i know 30 Dec 2012 is good day on tong shu 2012. The veg dish harishma is removed in lunch changed to White fungus.. hee

Hi Lina, I'm not sure which coordinator is better. I've been liaising with Tresia all these while.

Btw, I was told the menu for 2012 is not out yet. Probably by sept .,

pandalene

Hi Eva,

Mine is on 24 Jun 2012, i got two feng shui master to calculate. they give me the same date.
So i am happy with the date. haha

evanthlyn

Jolene: wow. 2 gave you the same date? good good. Mine was Master Tong.

Kichi: haha better early than late. I book one year in advance that time. My friend asked for 16june 2012 but unavailable already.

I juz found out that the grand ballroom can be divided by 3.. It is possible if u have less than 50 tables.. If u are able to find another couple wanting the same date as well. Maybe each couple at least 25 tables. The bad thing is guests may go wrong wedding so muz be careful and the reception have to divided by two so smaller.
What u guys think about this idea?

dor_diego

hi vera, my coordinator is marie goh

hi jolene, yeah now they are quite strict on perks, that time, the banquet manager gave me quite good perks as she was leaving i think...

nonetheless, even if i were to decide now without the perks, i would still go ahead and sign it. for me, the coordination was tip top, food was unique, ballroom is one of its kind, suite was beyond words. felt like i am living in a castle for a day.

evanthlyn

Dora: my coordinator is marie too :) When is your AD? I havent gotten the chance to see the suite. Heard that they have 2 suites and one of them dont have bath tub?

pandalene

Hi Dora,

Not sure why. I try to ask for more. but reject. I still waiting for my final contract to be done. I decided this hotel also because of the ballroom. The New theme also attract me.

Hi Eva,

During the wedding show, they show us the bride suite is with bathtube one.

dor_diego

hi eva: mine was in feb, i dont remember they have bath tub for both suites. but anyway i have no time to use also...haha...

hi jolene: i got not much freebies also even though i signed in mid 2010. most importantly is the wine n beer thing...and helpers room...

evanthlyn

Jolene: there is new theme? That time I only have garden and victorian. The bridal suite they told me have 2 so maybe the bathtub is for the grand ballroom cos like pay more. just speculating

khl812

Hi,

Can someone advise if the contract offered has the signature of the assistant director? I thought it should be signed by the hotel before we sign?

Many thanks!

khl812

Thanks Lynnie!

Just wondering if its the norm. Coz i thought the contract offered should have a signature from the hotel rep.
happy.gif

kristinlee

Lynnie - can i check with you, for the 2 washrooms you have seen, the 1 that do not have bathtub, does it have a shower? or just toilet bowl + basin?

Thanks

chrystella

Hi guys! I just got married on the 9th July 2011 and I must say it was a magical experience! I signed my package last year with Marie (coordinator) and she is a gem! She serves from the heart and never fails to do her best to make not just your needs but your dreams come true! I did my tea ceremony, wedding ceremony and my wedding dinner all at Meritus Mandarin and my husband and I think that it is the best decision we have made. Everyone in the hotel truly goes out of the way to ensure that things go smoothly; from the front desk to the sound coordinator and the banquet manager, nothing is too much. Even the staff who just pass by will offer water or assistance to my wedding helpers and us even on during rehearsals! What service! On the wedding day itself, being the bride I was cooped up in my room but everytime I appeared (for the ceremony and the dinner) everything was wonderful!!! My only regret is not getting to taste all the food! Although they ever so thoughtfully sent warm bento boxes of some of the food served during the dinner to our room later that night, the raving reviews from the guests of our food makes us regret not getting to taste the other delights! hahhaha... What we can say is a huge thank u to Marie, Sara and all those who made the experience so memorable for us! Hope to go there for our anniversary! hahaha..

leyash

A wonderful night for me and my husband, just like chrysrella prathap above.

BUT..not so for my guests.

One whole table did not have any door gifts. When asked, the management claimed (in his own words) "It's impossible, it's impossible". So either me and my husband were lying, or my entire table of 10 guests were lying.

2 of my guests had hot tea drenched their pants, and dress + seat cover. Apparently so much tea was spilled during serving, that my guests were left commenting that the table cloths were half soaked.

Guests complained that their drinks were not topped up, even after repeated requests were being made, even for the VIP and bridal table.

Chicken heads were plated out and served to our appalled guests, who could only yelp in shock / disgust! What disrespect for my guests!

At least one server was wearing a name tag that did not belong to him. Upon questioning, the management claimed their servers were sent back to the agency if they had coloured hair etc. Coloured hair is so much better than the lousy service experienced by my guests.

The 28 bottles of wine we brought ran out by the 3rd / 4th dish (we only have 21 tables for our dinner). But neither my husband, I, nor our wedding coordinator was informed. We had specifically informed our wedding coordinator to open bottles, regardless what time it was. But how could we, if we were not even informed?! Our guests had to go without wine for the rest of the dinner. As chinese hosts, this made us extremely embarrassed, for our guests were left to think we were stingy.

We were told my the hotel management that they would not keep the empty wine bottles for our inspection. And, when further probed, the management claimed they had forgotten to record down (as again claimed to be their usual practice) the number of empty bottles. How peculiar!

And to make things worse, a table with Caucasian guests had privileged treatment. For that was the only table which has wine throughout the dinner. Again, the management claimed "It's impossible, it's impossible."

What I mentioned above, are not even all of the complaints we received.

And did I mention, my Mont Blanc pen went missing from the ROM table.

Never once, in the 3 email exchanges before the actual 'meet up for discussion' did they get our names right. How horrifying!

We did not seek compensation for ourselves, but instead for our guests, many of whom left with bitter disgust, never to patronize this so-called 5 star hotel again.

We seek only answers, to give our guests an explanation for their service lapse. Only to get brushed off, questions side stepped and swept under the carpet. We were even told by the management to 'move on, since it is already over'.

Totally disappointed with the night's service for our guests, and worse, the management's response.