Mandarin Orchard Singapore

fyeow

Just some comments on my experience - i first met with Tresia and she mentioned that the payment terms (deposit 5K and 2 more payments before the AD) is non-neg. I then decided to contact Marie and she offered to lower down to deposit 5K and 50% 1 mth before AD. I've decided to switch to Marie, though I feel that they are very inconsistent.

hello everyone,
for those who held ur wedding at imperial ballroom (tiered ballroom) did u manage to recover the costs from the angbao?

my fiance and i are very keen on this place, but we have got renovation costs, study loans to pay still, thus checking to see if our pockets can handle this hotel =)

thanks in advance!

ellentg

Eileen > it really depends on the people you invite... if your guests are very close friends / generous relatives, then there is a chance to recover.

if your guests bao the standard rate $100, then you will sure lose.

tapioca

hi all,

For Mandarin Orchard ballrooms, anyone knows if i can play songs off my ipod..but bring the original cds along?

dor_diego

i dont think u can. they dont have the dock station for ipod. for imperial ballroom, they dont have cpu also. u gotta bring your own, but they do have vga cable for cpu connection. THE BRIDAL SUITE IS GORGEOUS. i thought i went into a palace room.
happy.gif

tapioca

i see...means u played off your laptop?

as in your music was in your laptop or in different cds and you swap them?

Thanks.

missywinnie

Hi All,
i have a dinner package with Mandarin Orchard which i had already made a $3K deposit. However, we not going ahead with the wedding and needs to transfer to another couple who will be interested. I am going to transfer my deposit of $3K to another interested couple at $1.5K

You may consider to take over this package for any events, be in tea ceremony, lunch buffet, solemnisation, dinner banquet etc. As long as is an event and Mandarin Orchard has the space then is ok. You may contact my wedding coordinator Christine Chew at 68316078 for the wedding package and the availability. If they have the dates you want and interested to deal, please contact me at 97966224. Thanks

*ONLY APPLIES TO WEDDING IN 2011.

funtasy_ivy

Hello,
I am also holding my wedding in Mandarin Court/Silk Room/Imperial ballroom in september. Didnt even realise that they changed the ball room name again.

My package doesnt come with wedding cards, as i swopped it with compliementary food tasting. So i am trying to print my own wedding invites. Does any one have a copy of the wedding invite insert for imperial ballroom? I am trying to find out the chinese name of Mandarin hotel and the Imperial ballroom so that i can print my own.
Please email me at [email protected]. Thanks so much1!!

ellentg

ivy> you can just ask your coordinator to give you the latest names and template. asking here may not be useful since they like to change name so often.... hee hee
happy.gif

missywinnie

Posted on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 11:28 am:       
Hi All,
i have a dinner package with Mandarin Orchard which i had already made a $3K deposit. However, we not going ahead with the wedding and needs to transfer to another couple who will be interested. I am going to transfer my deposit of $3K to another interested couple at $1.5K

You may consider to take over this package for any events, be in tea ceremony, lunch buffet, solemnisation, dinner banquet etc. As long as is an event and Mandarin Orchard has the space then is ok. You may contact my wedding coordinator Christine Chew at 68316078 for the wedding package and the availability. If they have the dates you want and interested to deal, please contact me at 97966224. Thanks. only applicable to this yr wedding interested parties which hotel has the available date i can still lower dwn the trsf. price

fairical

Hi,
I just confirmed the dates with mandarin orchard. But waited for 3 weeks + for my contract to come.. grrr.. did you guys face this problem.
Getting me a bit worried abt the promptness of their service. Anyone has encounter any bad service or not-smooth running for the dinner?

Cheers!

ellentg

no leh, i didn't have this problem at all. and as i said many times above, their actual service was superb!
happy.gif

maybe you call your coordinator to remind her? or maybe she's on long leave or something?

fairical

Grr.. a bit fed up with my coordinator.. He called me last week say he preparing my contract, still havent receive it.
Good thing is he gave me another night stay at the bridal suite, else i will be fuming

dor_diego

the food is unique in its own way.
like herbal duck, thai chicken, sauteed prawn, avocado pudding. attended many weddings but never tried these type of dishes before.i find the food is unique and nice. but if u had sign the package, make sure you voice your comments after food tasting, so that on actual day it can cater to your wishes.

dor_diego

And also, the banquet manager Kenny is very pro.overall the staff in charge are excellent. so service and preparations are all in tip top style. dont have to wory about anything,even champagne pouring, cake cutting eveything they will prompt you and show you hows its done. and plus theres a small screen outside the room, before each march in you can see whats happening inside (like playing of your express highligghts, childhood montage)before you go in.after wedding, more sweet suprises from them...i am just in awe of all the little details they take note of and just happy that the $ spent was well spent.

fairical

wow.. the food sounds really good. especialy avocado pudding. Do they keep it for us to eat after the wedding?
Dora, which ballroom did you take? I'm taking the small one on level 35, the one with tiers..
And a little worried I will fall down or trip. haha.. But the room is so unique and nice...

dor_diego

i took the 35th floor one.
i think u have chance to eat the avocado pudding, they will serve it to you before the rest of the tables cause they know u need to leave early to see off your guests.

not to worry, because there are steps, you will be exremely cautious, i think it will b fine. yes the room is unique and posh!

and if you are doing ROM on that day, u can request the holding area outside the ballroom as a rom venue, its quite cosy and nice too.i can definitely say we are a satisfied couple with Mandarin orchard.

fairical

Oh that area as well. the coordinator says they may be able to provide a meeting rm for an hr. If none, that's an alternative! Thanks!!

He finally got back to me with the contract! yaay

dor_diego

it took a week for mine.
usually will send email for u to vett through the final package details, once confirmed leow, den go down to sign actual contract.

dede5114

Hi to all,

I just visited mandarin orchard recently & will like to share my experience & concern.

Commendation(several items to complement)
1. Excellent service offered by 1 of the mgrs, Jason. (thou we were late for e appt by 40mins, he still welcome us with a sincere attitude)
2. I've went to the mandarin court/imperial ballroom @ 35th floor & both my htb & me were marveled by the beautiful furnishings & e pte reception area tt it offers.

Pointers that require some advice on(grateful if u can help to share ur experiences)
1. Last yr or 2, my future sis-in-law attended 2 weddings in a span of 2 wks. The review was 1 wk e food was gd, while e next is awful to the max. Hope tt some1 can give their advise?? (any idea if it is only recently tt they had changed their chef to sunny kong, frm intercon?)
2. Noticed tt mgt of mandarin orchard can be quite fickle-minded in terms of their way of wrking. E.g Change of ballroom names, yet to finalize on 2012 banquet menu list, wedding themes.. Etc..
Is the above acceptable? Do all hotels generally practice in e same way?
3. How was e service of e Av co-ordinator on e AD? I've a fren's cousin tt held her wedding there & e music suddenly stopped halfway during their march-in. Any couple encountered e same thing?
4. Overall, frm a rate of 1-5, hw will u grade the service & overall experience with mandarin orchard??

Many thanks to all in advance for ur kind sharing..

yy2656

I dint get e same gd exp as dede..
jason was not very prompt in replies & away for meetings.
sad.gif

The imperial ballroom got a slight tinge of still smell & stage is quite small.

cleanslate

Hi All,

I have a banquet package to let for Mandarin Orchard.

You may consider to take over this package for any events - tea ceremony, lunch/dinner buffet, solemnisation, wedding banquet etc.

The date is flexible and applicable from this year till March 2012. Subject to availability of date and venues such as Grand Ballroom, Imperial Ballroom and function rooms.

Please email me at [email protected] for further details. I will be happy to go through the package and perks with you.

kichimeow

anyone has the contact of Marie or has nice coordinator to introduce for Mandarin Orchard??? Please PM me
happy.gif
much appreciated!!

cleanslate

Hi All,

My package only applies to new bookings. Please only look for the coordinator Jason Yap when you are viewing the hotel. If you go through other coordinators then come to me, the transfer would not be valid. Thanks.

pandalene

Hi everyone,

I am planning my wedding dinner for 2012 which is next yr.
I am 80% confirm taking Mandarin Orchard, still on the way of neg for the carpark complimentary and food tasting?

i like to know more about Mandarin Orchard. my coordinator seem friendly and flexible but come to talk about the FOC 10pax food tasting or increase number of carpark compliementary. she start to pause..

lyss

Hi Jolene, I'm interested to sign up with them too. Have not met up with them to neg regarding e package. Anyone can share wat perks we can ask for?

chrystella

Hi everyone! I signed up after falling in love with the place and getting advice from someone whom got married at the exact same ballroom(diff name now though) im gonna use 2 years ago! hehe.. my guy and i love the unique layout of the tiered ballroom and though it is smallish.. we signed up with marie who i must say is really prompt and efficient! She has been very obliging and friendly i must say though she is extremely busy so I appreciate it even more.. Excited but nervous. just 2 and a half mths time so gonna go look at the theme etc soon since they changed to some new stuff.. Hope it'll continue to be a good experience! Anyone needs marie's contact i can send via pm.. sorry to kichimeow.. very long since i came here.. hahah...

pandalene

hi chrystella,

congrat!
Have u seen the invitation card and wedding favors? My coordinator did not show me any of them in the first meet up. she told me all the stuff will be present on the wedding show.

pandalene

Mine is Tresia..

I am still worry whether to sign the express contract with them as the contract is so so brief.

DoraDiego,
did you manage to get the additional perks you want? my coordinator seem very preserve to give.

liquidzza

hihi

im having about 20-25 tables for my wedding.
thinking of having it at mandarin orchard or grand hyatt.. any brides have seen the ballroom or any comments?? thanks!

shu_yan

Hi,

I have seen the gallery ballroom at grand hyatt. I would say it's grand and spacious. They have a loft kitchen, a lounge and a changing room just outside the ballroom for ur usage. Overall, as a guest who has attended the wedding there 2 weeks ago, I rate grand hyatt 8.5-9 for overall package.

I am also contemplating between grand hyatt and orchard mandarin. But heard orchard mandarin might be a little cramp ( imperial ballroom). Any feedback for that?