Mandarin Orchard Singapore

ellentg

Haha actually i haven't even looked for a flat yet... now price too high liao... so likely my AD will come before my flat
happy.gif

will go for edible favour i.e. the chocolate. but, has anyone seen/tasted MM's chocolate before?
happy.gif

pekochan81

JL> Oh, so u be staying with yr in-laws first aft AD? Hehe...ya, will try for a kid, but will have to be aft we go for honeymoon! haha....Ya, my gyne oso say actually the best age to conceive is below 25! so I'm already late by 3 yrs! I definately hope to give birth before I turn 30! hahaha

Princessy> Thank You! ;)

Ellen> Yupz. Price is definately on a high side nw, but might be gg down. So u looking for resale?

csy

haha..they say generally 1st baby before 30 years old is safe...

but alot of commitment and responsibilities leh. Not easy also..somemore i am thinking of changing a new job soon..haiz..

i already so fierce to my hubby..if got tiger baby ger..i think my hubby sian 1/2..muahahahhahaha..ya i think leave it to fate lah...this kind of thing not say want, than will have 1 also..

actually i didn't know MM got chocolate flavour leh. I think that time my coordinator never let us see..

ellentg

pekochan, yea looking for resale... so still hanging there... cov is crazy now....

SY Chen, it's quite standard for many hotels that there is a choice of fruit cakes, chocolate, or wedding flavours for you to choose. This goes for MM too
happy.gif
it's also written in the package....

actually now a lot of pple are giving birth after 30... my fren gave birth at 32, my SIL gave birth at 35 and my ex boss 36... all kids are healthy and smart
happy.gif
nowadays medical technology is advanced and standard of living is higher, so not so much a problem
happy.gif

but of course, earlier is better... heard it's easier to slim down hahaha

in_truder

Ellen >> I have confirmed my package liao. =)
End up we took all the items listed in the package. My coordinator said will go thru the details with us when closer to our AD so asked us not to worry abt the theme, favours, etc. for now.

Chinook >> The Crystal theme is indeed applicable to the grand ballroom only.

pekochan81 >> Many thanks for the pics!! It was lovely, all the pics are nicely taken!! Do u have difficulty when walkin down the stairs, i'm so scare i'll trip when walkin down wor. And u mentioned got routes for march in? Which are the 2 routes coz my coordinator told me only got 1 route.

in_truder

I'm applying for BTO at punggol but haven got a luck, my ballot no. is always greater than the units offered. Got 1st time and live near parents privilege oso no use.

pekochan81 >> Did u get a resales flat coz it looked so big wor.

ellentg

haha in_truder, welcome to the MM family ^_^ so managed to have good bargains from your coordinator? hee hee

i remember my coordinator told me that we can march in together from the main entrance, and another way is bride and groom march in separately from both side of the ballroom (from different staircase la... something like that). maybe those that already had their weddings can advise better ;)

haha ya lor my fren also said she was so scared of tripping... some more her gowns were quite big one... but in the end she didn't la
happy.gif
i also a bit scared cos i'm very accident prone one haha

dslitegal

pekochan81 -> We r renting for the time-being as we wana hv er ren shi jie till we have children =) Then stay with in-laws if I'm pregnant haha...my in laws r open-minded & leave decisions to us. I definately hv children after 30 yrs hee.. not to worry as it's so common nowsdays.

Ellen -> keep con'd to ballot, u nv know when u will get it..gd luck!

pekochan81

SY Chen> Yeaps. Having a bb is definately a life commitment & responsibility. So do plan only when u're mentally & financially ready. And also, muz ensure u've got someone to take care for u, unless u intend to be a stay-home-mum at the initial stage. Hahaha...I actually made a career switch before my AD! Coz my previous job eats too much into my social life & it's not healthy in the long run for r/s with hubs & when a child comes along. So it took me almost a year before I decide to quit my previous job! Hahaha...yr description so funny la! Not all tigers are fierce la! My ex-colleague is the opp! Super mild tempered. It oso depends on the timing of birth wan.

Ellen> Yupz, COV is really quite crazy nw. But it should be coming down. Ya, my frens oso say give birth earlier easier to slim down! Plus, give birth early, still got the energy to run after yr kids when they're at their most 'hyperactive' stage! Else no stamina ah! haha

in_truder> Congrates in settling yr banquet! haha..Thanks for the compliments. Walking down the stairs was ok. Just have to hold up yr gown & walk down slowly. Dun rush and hold on tight to yr hubby's hand! hahaha...Then wear a stable & comfortable pair of heels & u'll be safe! Yes, we opted 2 routes. The first route (which for us is the longer route) is the stairs towards the end of the ballroom, before the bar counter if I rem the position correctly. The so-called shorter route is the stairs nearer to the entrance. You might wan to check w yr coordinator again on that.

Yes, ours is a resale in Punggol
happy.gif

prinsessy

Hi pekochan81, mind to share ur banquet pic too with me ? thks
happy.gif

Ellen, i'm also looking for resale unit, planning to start viewing after chinese new yr, hope e price is starting to go down by then...

pekochan81

JL> Yes, it's good to have some couple life first before having a child. Otherwise once a kid comes along, life will never be the same again! haha

Princessy> Tried to PM u but u dun accept. Perhaps u leave me yr email & I'll send u the link?

csy

The groom will help the bride to lift up the gown...so don't have to worry. Walk slowly lah..no need to hurry..like as if Ms Universe like that..enjoy the moment..haha

i think go by the 'longer' route is better...the shorter 1 is really too short and the guests from the inner side can't see you.

MM will provide rose petals for the guests to throw. I didn't know tht until i march in.

Get a flat near yr parents...coz can help to take care of kids...before work can drop them there..n collect after work...free dinner somemore..haha

in_truder

Ellen >> Geez.. thanks. I got the wavier of corkage fee for wine too. March-in from diff sides of the ballroom sounds gd, will bear that in mind and work out the routes when nearer to our AD. =)

I tink getting the rite shoe for wedding plays a part coz if get those veri high and thin heel, may increase the chance of unbalance... not sure if people will have this prob but definitely applies to me coz i seldom wear heels... hee...

pekochan81 >> Thanks.. again, another item has been settled. Thanks for tips, will work out the routes when nearer to our AD.

May i noe your flat is at which part of punggol coz we are finding a flat which is near to the mrt station. And how did u manage to find this flat? Thru agent?

SY Chen >> Thanks for the advice. I have told my HTB hold me tight and dun walk too fast.... if i fall, i'll pull him to fall together with me too... *evil me*... haha....

I din noe MM will provide rose petals wor coz my coordinator din mention abt it. Izzit fresh or fake petals?

I wanted to live near my parents too but haf tried many times bto and half yearly sales flats exercise, all cannot get... sigh... my ROM and AD will be next year so definitely haf to live with IL at least for a few years wor.

leyash

pekochan81, I would like to see your photos too, if you don't mind.

Roughly how long is the longer route?

Did any of your guests complain about the stairs being dangerous etc?

prinsessy

Pekochan81, Sorry i just realised i didn't activate my PM. I already activated it now. Thks
happy.gif

Ashley Ng, Have u gone down to view the mandarin court ?
I think u nd to view it ur self to have a better picture of the 2 different routes from the 2 staircase leading down the stage.

csy

no worries on the stair..it's not very steep.

got railing by the side so your guest can hold when they walk up and down

my mum got difficulties in climbing but no issue for her. Try to arrange those elderlys to sit on the top tier..so that they can go to the toilet easier.

AW i saw yr PM..sorry ah...i need some time to upload the pixture before i can advise you coz i just got them from the PG..

leyash

nope I haven't gone down to see Mandarin Court yet. Just from the pictures, I'm trying to envision how the march in would look like.

prinsessy

leyash, u can call e coordinator & arrange to view e place.
For me, i think e march in will take some time cos u need to go down e stairs, so for me it's long enough compared to other normal flat ballroom
happy.gif

I think for us who choose mandarin court, it's becos we r really in love with e unique tier room, vr special.

pekochan81

in_truder> No worries! Hope the info helps. Our flat is @ Punggol Central. The LRT station is Riveria. Just behind is actually Punggol Plaza, which is actually a 10 mins walk away. Yes, we got it thru an agent. It's best to do some research on yr criteria before u get the agents to find for u. If u're unsure which cluster u're interested in, u can start first with going to the "mass open house". So at least u'll be familiar & noe which cluster u'll wan to zoom in. From there, go recce with yr hubs on tat area again...take the lift to the differnt blocks & levels & have a feel of tat plc. Bring a camera along too. After tat, then tell the agent to look out for u in tat particular area. HTHs! Btw, the petals are fresh flowers
happy.gif

AW,Ashley,Princessy> Have PM u the link. ;)

Ashley> The stairs are ok. Dun worry too much abt it, especially if u're having a sit-down dinner. Ours was a buffet and there wasn't any complaints either. Partly coz we had the food plated for the elderlys. So was ok. Haha...I dun rem hw much longer was that route. But bear in mind tat if u use a longer route, yr march-in song cannot be too short ya.

in_truder

pekochan81 >> Thanks for your kind advice again. Will bear that in mind and discuss with my HTB. =)

All >> How many tables are u intending to have?

leowceri

hi everyone...i am looking to hold my wedding banquet at meritus mandarin...any advice on the place? Is it a perfect location?

Janelo

ellentg

Cerina, think most of the brides here are satisfied with MM
happy.gif
i guess one problem will be the number of tables - you either have little number of tables (15-19) or a lot of tables (more than 45) in order to hold your wedding in MM.... how many tables are you looking at?

leowceri

Hi maoushroom and ellen thanks for the info.
ellen>i am looking at 30 plus
maoushroom> when did u hold your wedding at MM? Any photos to share??

Thanks

maoushroom

Cerina> I haven't hold my wedding yet. Holding it next year July but what I shared with you was based on my experience with the coordinator. Thus far, the best amongst the rest of the hotels I went to. Really depends on what you want
sad.gif

prinsessy

Hi Cerina, MM mandarin court only can hold min 15 - max 20 tables. MM ballroom hold min 50 up to 100 tables.
So i think u have to increse ur tables to at least 50 tables to meet e min table requirement
happy.gif

mcjace

Hi Pekochan81,
i'm Jacelyn and i will be having my wedding in Mandarin court next year as well! Do you mind sending me your photos? my email is [email protected]. with the walk in march, was it very scary walking down the steps. My wedding dress has a long train and i'm regretting my decision now!!!

pekochan81

Princessy> Thanks! Hehe...Ya, I can understand how u feel coz I've been thru the stage as well. And as the BIG day draws nearer, u'll get even more excited. Btw, do prepare early your march-in songs or songs that u wanna play during the banquet & test it out at least 1 or 2 weeks prior to your AD. Using a laptop will be better. If u're using a Macbook, do bring along the adapter.

Jacelyn> I've emailed u. Pls check ya
happy.gif
Initially I had the same concerns, but it was ok for me. I just hold up my gown higher when I was walking up & down the stairs. Infact, I moved around quite a fair bit in my gown which was quite long, coz it wasn't a MTM gown, so the length was quite 'standard' = LONG! hahah....Actually, it's not so much abt the train. You won't exactly trip on yr train, but it's the front part where u'll stepped on it more often. That's why u can see frm my pix I hold up my gown quite high. hahaha

mcjace

Hi Pekochan,
thanks loads. i checked my mail and saw ur photos! they are lovely! and your dress is so Vera Wang too! thanks again.

Cerina, I'm taking Mandarin Court....

pekochan81

Jacelyn> Thanks! Yes, I heart my gowns too, as they are simple & classic, something evergreen which will not go out of fashion down the road! And both are actually OTR! Hehehe

Audrey> I've PM you. Pls check your email ya
happy.gif

jollylove

Hi Pekochan81,

I am stunned by how everyone is asking for you to share your joy! lol. Can i also take a look at the photos? As i havent have the time to go down to Mandarin court. Who was your coordinator? Was he/she good?

Hope to hear from u soon ya. My email will be [email protected]

Thank you so much!

leyash

any 2011 BTBs? do update here if 2011 price list is out. Last I emailed, I was told will only be out in March'10.

But seems like alot of other hotels starting to release 2011 dates.. so getting abit excited and gan jiong. haha..

Really hope to get the date I want =DD

pekochan81

yuqian> Hello! I've PM u the link. Pls check ya ;) Our coordinator was Angie and she's fabulous! Very prompt with her replies, very patient with us & definately very helpful! She's very experienced and you'll feel comfortable working with her & you know you are in extremely good hands.

ellentg

leyash, think for some other hotels, if you book early enough, you can actually use the previous year's price if the new price list is not out yet. Maybe you can check with your coordinator on this?

btw, i think 20 is really the max, even 19 i found it squeezy... What did MM say about the possibility of having more than 20 tables? If they don't allow then can't even think about it....
sad.gif

leyash

Ellen >> Me and the HTB love MM! Cut out guest list to 230 liao. Hopefully can squeeze abit. Cos when I went to see the ballroom, it was 22 tables setting. Some tables even had 11 seats.

(And I read in this forum some ppl have bigger 12 seater tables)

Outta curiosity, the v top most tier, middle part, how come no tables (I forgot to ask the coordinator)? It looks spacious. Is it for ppl on the other side of the room to use as 'go to the toilet' route?

Your 19 tables you said is squeezy, which tier is cramped?

csy

u can have 12 people table only for the top tier

i think lowest tier also can..but definitely not the middle 2 tier