Mandarin Orchard Singapore

nanshee

hello Carole Ng .. we are thinking of having a lunch reception at MM as well ... how much is per person?? how's the food ..?? FH would like to have it at Tripple three .. did u have your luncheon there
happy.gif

carole

Nanshee: its abt 21.80+++ for Mezzanine. i know there is one Buffet Rest. but it gng to cost Double the price....

We like it a simple affair, and my Coordinator recommended us there... so witout much hassle, he arranged for us and we just proceed there as most of the things Malcolm taken care already.

carole

hmm i guess as much.... today, i met a girl in a pet shop... who is oso holding her wedding in MM... in mandarin court too.... such a small world.

Okipoki: i have yet to do mine.. but i tried my gf's wedding dinner at MM.. not too bad

zonkkie

MM is a popular spot for weddings, with its location and great perks.

Which ballroom did your gf use? And btw, do you happen to have a pet?
happy.gif

okipoki

Do u gers have any AD photographer/videographer to recommend ?? I am soucing for one now... headache.

Carole, did heard some bad comments on their food leh.. Kinda worried now.

Zonkkie, u may refer to above threat that we have update on our ballroom for reference..
happy.gif
Me dont have any pet.. keke !!

shinchan

okipoki,
Well, I think u dun have to worry abt the food portion and quality, our guests have no complaint abt. My colleagues are still raving abt the no. rounds they have for the shark fins...
happy.gif

Maybe u gotta remind ur coordinator not to serve the food too fast. Some feedback that we receive is that dishes were served and taken away too fast..

shinchan

Ice-Cream,
Oops, so sorry to have missed out ur posting Hope u r still ard...
blush.gif

Kevin din have time to edit our morning express. Mandarin provided the projector to us for free. My BIL helped us wif the montage while Mandarin technical person will be in charge for march-in songs, etc...

seiko

HI ladies
happy.gif

great to c some 'familiar'faces
happy.gif
welcome brides-to-be of MM too
happy.gif

The food portions were generous. Free use of projector. There's a 'music technician' in charge of each ballrm. For myself, i chose all the songs i wanted to be played that evening, so i spoke to the technician and how to go b playing the cd-s
happy.gif
I guess Mandarin is the only hotel offering 2 nites stay rite now? so that was really a perk *hee*

carole

zonkie: she uses Act1 and mine is MC. oh yes.. i happen t have 2 dogs.. kekeke both Jack Russells... how u know? kekekke

okipoki: i dun think mine will be affected, as i have their President of MM and others on my invited list. and i have invited a minister too... so i guess they will take note.

shinchan

okipoki,
U r welcome!
wink.gif
I have replied ur query regarding Kevin as videographer in his thread. As for phtographer, have u tried asking Yew Kuang. Have seen his work b4, pretty impressive for his price. Too bad he's already taken up on my date
sad.gif

shinchan

Hi Seiko, long time no 'see'!! heehee...
biggrin.gif
How have u been gettin on?

Yup, that's rite. Their music coordinator is quite reliable, make no mistake. We collate our own background music as well and we only wanted the song to start at the 1-minute point during our cake cutting ceremony, and all were done without problems...
happy.gif

I din get to stay for 2 nites. I swope for 2 helpers room instead...

zonkkie

Hi Carole,

Hmm, the BIG clue that you have pets is when you mentioned that you went to a pet shop
biggrin.gif
What a coincidence, I have a jack russell (cross with chihuahua) too! Your two JRTs must be quite a handful.

I like the look of Act 1 room, find it very unique with the terrace feel. No need for too much floral decorations.
happy.gif

seiko

hi shinchan
happy.gif

ive been so bz with work, that is until the hols began last wk *hee* so now i can come in to chat (ALOT) :p

I got 2 extra rooms at 99 per nite per rm. MM made my stay such a pleasant one that hubby n I still check in there for stays after the wedding. :p

okipoki

Shinchan,

Havent seen Yew Kwang's works yet !! But is he really that good ?? Any idea, for a whole day event that include tea ceromony & dinner, how many rolls of film be taken ??

carole

Seiko: i too expecting some guest from overseas... but i have yet to get the rates from them.

Okipoki: hmm alot of VIPs? not really lah.. just a handful of them... i bet they sure do a good job.. if not .. heads on chopping board.. whahahahah

shinchan

okipoki, I have no idea abt films cos I had only been looking for digital packages... Why dun u go to Yew Kuang's thread to ask him?
happy.gif

jitpong

Hi gals

My mum went for a dinner at MM grand ballroom last week she commented that the following food are not up to standard, maybe you can consider striking them off your list

1)garoupa
2) tang yuan
3) glutinous rice wrapped in leaf

She say suckling pig and shark fish is the best....The rest are nice.....she got a pair of chopsticks as wedding flavours but she say no use for her....too small a pair can't really use it and no place to showcase them...she still prefer chocolate

bineo

Hi Zonkkie
Thanks for remembering me.
Have not been visiting as getting busy with the wedding preparations. A lot of last min work now and my wedding coord is clearing leave so often. u are all done??

Hi Jitpong
I went for the food tasting last week. Out of the food you mention, I have the glutinous rice as one of my items. The taste is actually fine, but I think the ingredients in the rice is too little and thus making it very plain. But not sure what to replace it with?
I tried the noodles when I went for a wedding there too, and it taste worst ( soggy and plain tasting too).
Don't have many choices to choose from.
Anyone has any recommendations?

I agree with your mum on the wedding favours. Chocolates are still most practical. My wedding coord just show me a new favour ( a bear) but did not think its good cos it does not come in a pair ( so no meaning) and its not really useful.
I opted for the chocolates.

jitpong

Bineo - did you opt for the herbal duck, my FMIL works in Mandarin...she highly recommended the duck and even reminded us that we should take this dish in our menu.....

huh...the noodle also cannot make it....i tot of taking the noodle after hearing my mum comments....furthermore...it the last few dishes lor..rice may be too full for the guests....

Ya...a lot of BTB always complain time not enough when AD drawing near....so how is your gown...went for your final fitting oredi....

jitpong

FOr all those MM brides already...

Do MM have a wedding conceige to received you when you reach the hotel? Went to the style wedding fair and swisshotel plaza acutally has a conceign to received the bride and groom at the car porch...direct the car to the reserve parking lot and then bring B & G to their hotel room...quite impressive leh...if MM do that it will be good if not we will be very blur....

bineo

Hi Jitpong
No, I took the braised duck with sea cucumber. During the food tasting, this dish is the most fantastic. However, must discount 30% standard for AD la.

Thanks for reminding me. Realise that I have not gone for final fitting. Do BTB usually do it say abt 2 weeks before wedding? Ow, what if figure change again

carole

seiko: hmm nope... Michael & Peter are the ones i knew...

okipoki: their service is good.. but when i went for my gf's wedding.. some waiter looks like very lazy... i hope my wedding they will just do well.

sandgirl72

Hi Okipoki
I'm like Seiko - ex MM bride last Dec.. We had Yew Kwang as our AD photographer by using digital photography.. Did U manage to get his pricelist for 2004? If U need it, i can email to U..

He is a great photographer to work with, he can makes the couple feel so relaxed.. cos he is pretty familiar with our chinese customs..

He helped us to do our photo montage to be presented during our dinner.. very nicely done..

Hi Seiko
How are U? It has been a long time since we last chatted in here.. Any 'good news" like MT??

Hi jitpong
I remembered that both of us had to check in on our own.. no wedding concierge provided leh.. maybe U can check with your co-ordinator on this..

Hi Carole
Wow.. your dinner surely has a lot of VVIPS attending.. i suppose our wonderful Malcolm will give his best of attention to both of U and makes it a wonderful and memorable one for both of U..
happy.gif

seiko

hi jitpong
happy.gif

once you've arrived at MM, juz check in with yr name, the bridal suite wld have been reserved already. can call yr coordinator to inform him/ her that you're here. she'll give u instructions after that
happy.gif

hi Carole
happy.gif
oh, we invited Mr Alfred L fr MM too, but he was bz, so asked my coordinator to pass us vouchers instead *hee*

hi Sandy
happy.gif
its really been a long time. nope no news yet but hopefully will be this yr lor *Hehehh*

jitpong

Bineo - not sure about other BS...from my BS thread, got to noe that my BS only ask the bride to go for final fitting 2 days before AD...

jojok

Hi Sandy,

My AD photographer is also Yew Kwang. Yes, agree that he is very good & the photos turned out well for the digital package.

Hi jitpong,

My co-ordinator waited outside the lobby & brought us up to our bridal suite. He checked-in in advance for us. He even arrange for conceign to carry all our things/clothes etc... Very good service.

dyeo

Hi All,
I have heard so much about Mandarin's outstanding service & personal touches, esp. Malcolm's services & professionalism.
Its great honor to be a MM Bride to be.
I wonder does Mandarin maintain same standards thru out for all their coordinators? Or do they have different standards with different coordinators (ie; DOUBLE STANDARDS...)
My coordinator is Francis.

jitpong

Hi dyeo

So far, my co-ordinator, Henry, has received good comments from the brides he served. I have few encounter with him too, and he always received you with a smiling face, friendly, accommodating and help within his means....

As for francis, if i am not wrong, i thk you have to refer to the archive, thk got complain about him

You may used to add your info as below

Bbear - 29 Jan 05 - Belvedere - Malcom - Yvonne Creative - Everafter - Bukit Batok

cmy - 12 Jun 04 - Belvedere - Henry - Julia Wedding News - Stefine - Whampoa

jitpong - 19 Feb 05 - Belvedere - Henry - Everbliss - SengKang

Carole - 25 Nov 04 - Mandarin Court - Handsome Malcom - French Bridal - Jurong/AMK/CCK (my home/PIL/our home)

Bineo - 13 July 04 - Grand Ballroom- Angie- Flamingo- The Edge- Pasir Ris

Zonkkie - 25 June 05 - Belvedere - Francis - The Bridal Wardrobe - Benny Ang

Sweet - 1 Oct 05 - Mandarin Court - Henry - Milan - Bt Gombak

Okipoki - 28 Dec 04 - Belvedere - Doreen - TWD - Dover

sandgirl72

Hi Seiko
So let us both work hard and to have one this yr.. kekeke... this is our next step of life after marriage, right?

Hi jojok
Yup I agree with U on Yew Kwang. He is really # 1!

Hi Blur Sotong
Not to dampen your wedding moods.. last year when preparing for our wedding, there have been a lot of changes of co-ordinators.

"Unfortunately" we were allocated to Francis when our 2nd co-ordinator left MM, and I cant even tahan talking to Francis who is simply a bo-chap fellow. He didn't bother to make contact with us that he was the guy replacing the former co-ordinator. And I have to called him up in person to verify.

After that very 1st and last time of teleconv, I immediately requested for a change of co-ordinator bcos I cant stand his bad attitude.

Thank God, we have the ever helpful and friendly Malcolm to make our wedding a memorable one.

So if U find Francis is NOT up to your standard, I would advise U to make a change asap to avoid any disappointment cos it is your BIG day.
happy.gif

dyeo

Thanks Jitpong & Sandy,
Come to think of it, indeed he is a little "bo-chap". (ie:he won't bother to make contact with u or update u, unless you call him.)
Well, I am not sure how their system works. But I am sure Mandarin has to be responsible for each & every staffs' action & behaviour, isn't it? Otherwise, their reputation is definitely at STAKE. Since there's so many complains, didn't Mandarin take any actions? Maybe should tell the catering Director about it.
I definitely DO NOT WANT ANY DISAPPOINTMENT on the BIG DAY!!!!

carole

Hi.. i might have change my AD to 18 Oct... haizzz

Sandy:
happy.gif
VVIPs only make me more stress.

Seiko: nice nice

Blursotong: Diana .... u seems to be still bothered abt Mr F who just too busy to call u. have u spoken to his boss yet? if yes, wat's the respond? i dun think they have double standards lah... maybe just Mr F got too much to handle lor... hey.. i might change our AD to 18 Oct now.. rest assured he will get u when ur date is nearer.

carole

Bbear - 29 Jan 05 - Belvedere - Malcom - Yvonne Creative - Everafter - Bukit Batok

Carole - 25 Nov 04 (Likely to change to 18 Oct 04) Mandarin Court - Handsome Malcom - French Bridal - Jurong/AMK/CCK (my home/PIL/our home)

shinchan

Blur sotong, my coordinator used to Francis too. Was really uncomfortable with his phone ethnics. Hence, decided to change, jus in case he make any mistake and spoil the big day. Change to Henry, and was definitely very pleased with his service and had a wonderful experience with MM... If u r really uncomfortable, I think u shld change. The last ting u need to continue on things that u r uncomfortable with and regret later. Remember: There'll be no second chance!!!
happy.gif

dyeo

Carole, How come change??? Confirm? Have you check with MM for the Man-Court availability?

Ai-yo,seems like a lot of complain for Mr F hor?!
Did u guys complained to mandarin directly abt Mr F? Hm.... how should I request for a change? Any Advise?

okipoki

Hi Jojok & Sandy,

Also, overall inclusive of the photo montage how much did u spent ?? Am budgeting my AD photographer so would like to the the estimated cost
happy.gif
Also any idea how many pics he have taken for your album ??

Thanks
happy.gif

judyl

Hi BlurSotong,
My coordination oso Mr F leh. Scary leh, to see -ve comments abt him.
sad.gif

Hi Sandy & shinchan,
Ya, pls give me and BlurSotong advice on how we can request for a change?

Hi jitpong,
Is Everbliss good? I hvnt source for BS yet. My AD is Sept 2005.

Hi Bineo,
I stay at Pasir Ris too. So, wch part r u staying at?

nanshee

hai gals .. am using Francis as my coordinator, at first my FH was abit uncomfortable with his telephone communication .. as he met him in person before he called him to fix an appointment ... it was so different in the attitude .. in person he is so pleasant and friendly .. but on the phone .. he sound so bo chap .. kekeke

in the end, we decided to meet him personnally to discuss and we felt more comfortable talking to him in person then on the phone .. he is a friendly and straight forward man, which, we prefer this way too as he will be direct with our request rather than over promise and under deliver ..

we are happy with his personal service so far and have signed with MM .. going to meet him to deliver our cheque ..

so i guess .. if u really kena him as coordinator .. just have to adjust abit to his his telephone skills lor .. but rest assured .. he is different in person ..
happy.gif

Unless, u have met him in person and still feel uncomfortable, by all means, change to someone you are happy with cos i did brought this up to him and he asked me jokingly if i wanted to engage Henry ..
biggrin.gif
which i din as we felt comfortable with him after meeting thrice ..
happy.gif

greedycat

Carole - 25 Nov 04 (Likely to change to 18 Oct 04) Mandarin Court - Handsome Malcom - French Bridal - Jurong/AMK/CCK (my home/PIL/our home)

Greedycat - 25 Jan 05 - Mandarin Court - Henry - French - Tampines