Mandarin Orchard Singapore

shigellasg

Hi carole,

Thanks for the email add. Just sent you an email. I forgot to sign off, so just want to let you know it's me.
happy.gif

cottoncandy

Hi Bineo

Ok, we will check with him before we signed the contract...haha...

btw, u have a spare projector or u borrowing from ur frens?

trekkie

hi BBear, thks for your info. I must go and twist my co-ord's arm to make sure I pay as little as possible!
proud.gif
very broke
proud.gif

Jitpong, I actually budget abt 2 bottles per table. Shd be sufficient cos I checked with my friends and they said abt 1.5 btls per table was used.

bineo

Hi Sweet
I am intending to borrow the projector. So still asking around to see who can lend to me.

Too late for me to go back to negotiate for backup now. Sigh....

bbear

Hi Trekkie,

Me too, cash flow is tight, so I asked for less deposit. Talk to ur coord, should not be a big problem

Hi Jitpong,

The number of wine depend on ur guest whether many of them prefer red wine. Do some homework and estimate the number. Some tables may need more bottles and others may just require 1 bottle or none.

bbear

Hi gals,

Like to start a summary list like the others,

name - AD - venue - coord - BS - PS - Home

Bbear - 29/1/05 - Belvedere - Malcom - Yvonne Creative - Everafter - Bukit Batok

Feel free to improve the list

cmy

Adding on to the list....

Bbear - 29/1/05 - Belvedere - Malcom - Yvonne Creative - Everafter - Bukit Batok

cmy - 12/6/04 - Belvedere - Henry - Julia Wedding News - Stefine - Whampoa

jitpong

hi qiqi

My co-ordinator has mentioned that no duty free liquor is allowed. But how are they goin to differentiate if the liquor is duty free...

Adding on to the list....

jitpong - 19/2/05 - Belvedere - Henry - Everbliss - SengKang

cottoncandy

Hi jitpong
Henry told u that cannot bring in non-duty free liqour? i understand from another one of my gf, can leh..they will close 1 eye...

it can be easily differentiate coz the size of the bottles are different and there is a sticker/label for duty-free liqour...

bbear

Hi Sweet,
We bought a re-sale flat in Bukit Batok East, near my fh current place. U ?

Add your info on the list ?

bbear

Hi cmy,
Your AD is coming soon. Have you confirmed the number of table? Select the foral arrangement?

How are u going to cut down the effect of the blockage?

jitpong

bbear, sweet - oic so that how they differtiate. ya henry did tell me that no duty free allowed when he is discussing the package with us...but as you said maybe they will close one eye on that day

cottoncandy

Hi bbear
I actually have not confirm and pay deposit with Mandarin yet, so cant add my info..hehe..but will do so once i have confirm them! =)..mine is at Bt Gombak, new flat..near my current's place at hillview...

carole

jitpong, No. of bottle of wine = No. of tables x 1.5. that should be enough. esp. when mandarin already serving beer... no need alot of of wine

Carole - 25/11/04 - Mandarin Court - Handsome Malcom - French Bridal - Jurong/AMK/CCK (my home/PIL/our home)

bineo

Hi Jitpong
I intend to have abt 40 tables and I ordered 48 bottles ( think it should be more than enough). In any case, my intention is that if its consume earlier than dinner finish, than its just too bad. No need to worry too much abt the wine not enough.

Carole - 25/11/04 - Mandarin Court - Handsome Malcom - French Bridal - Jurong/AMK/CCK (my home/PIL/our home)

Bineo - 13 July 04 - Grand Ballroom- Angie- Flamingo- The Edge- Pasir Ris

jitpong

Hi gals

Thanks for all your advice on the wine....my mum also tell me that jsut tell the guest no more wine if really not enough....no one will talk...

hi cmy - can share how much is the package for stefine....if not convenient on the web can email me at [email protected]

icecream

Hi Shinchan,
I understand that you had Kevin from yappies as your videographer. How did you find his service and end product? Did you have express edit to be shown during the banquet? So did Mandarin provide the projector and all Kevin had to do was plug in the video?
So sorry for all the questions! :p

zonkkie

Hi gals,

I'm a Mandarin BTB too. We have just been down to view the wedding set-up at the Beldevere.

Also found the flower arrangement very bare. The 6 flower stands look rather sparse and each table only had a small glass pot with three pink roses and some ferns!

Anyone had experience or some tips on how to improve the decor at Beldevere? Do they have alternative flower designs?

bbear

Hi Zonkkie,

I had took up Belvedere too.
Also agree the floral arrangement was quite plain.

When is your AD? How many tables do u plan to have?

bbear

Hi zonkkie,

U have more than a year to prepare.

Maybe we did meet each other at Mandarin Hotel during our viewing.
happy.gif

We are having around 30 tables too.

The pillars are our concerns too.

Who is ur coordinator?

zonkkie

Hi bbear,

Our coordinator is Francis.

We went to view the Beldevere last Saturday and there were about 3 other couples walking ard. Were you there as well?

Saw a coordinator there talking to a couple. Not sure if that is "Handsome Malcolm".
happy.gif

bbear

Hi Zonkkie,

We were not there last Sat, but we did pass by when we were in Orchard few weeks ago.

Our coordinator is Malcolm.

Want to share your other wedding info.(Bridal Studio, photographer, videographer,etc)
Add yourself to the list created previously.

Is Beldevere your first choice?

zonkkie

Here are our details
happy.gif
Our coordinator reserved the ballroom for us based on the number of tables.

Zonkkie - 25 June 2005 - Belvedere - Francis - The Bridal Wardrobe - Benny Ang

carole

lol.. handsome Malcom.. he is so lovely.... felt so bad that i have to trouble him on my ROM on 10 May... Anyway.. Malcom: if u are reading.. Thanks a million...

sandgirl72

Hi Carole

Congrats on your 'promotion' to Mrs!

Don't feel bad to trouble the ever handsome and helpful Malcolm.. cos he loves to help people...
happy.gif

carole

Thanks bbear....yes we had our Lunch at Mezzanine, with the recommendation from Malcom... the lunch was great and we had a good spread of Asian Food.

lol sandy.... thanks.... oh dear.. i really feel bad.. but he is really really nice.... kekeke... he deserves our compliments.

cottoncandy

hello all

we just met up with henry yesterday! and we have confirmed taking mandarin for our AD liao...now waiting for henry to send us the draft contract, then we are ready to sign and pay deposit...hehe

nanshee

gals .. I'm interested in holding my ROM and AD in Manadrin ... ROm will be end Oct 2004 .. not too sure how can it be done with the JP around .. any advice??
uhoh.gif

if i want to have a private function .. with only families and closed friends, how much will the cost be like?

thanks a zillion

carole

Sweet: Welcome to e Mandarin Gang.. whahah Congrats!

Nanshee: try calling Mandarin and ask for the quotation... they have smaller function room to accommodate to ur request.

luckygoat2002

Any bad or good comments about the food at its Wedding Banquet? Meritus Mandarin Hotel is located at Orchard Rd and is related to Marina Mandarin Hotel.
Hear from from ya……Have a nice day.

cottoncandy

Thanks bbear & Carole

Here are my info :

Zonkkie - 25 June 2005 - Belvedere - Francis - The Bridal Wardrobe - Benny Ang

Sweet - 1 Oct 2005 - Mandarin Court - Henry - Milan - Bt Gombak

okipoki

Hi gers,

Thanks
happy.gif

Here are my info :

Bbear - 29 Jan 05 - Belvedere - Malcom - Yvonne Creative - Everafter - Bukit Batok

cmy - 12 Jun 04 - Belvedere - Henry - Julia Wedding News - Stefine - Whampoa

jitpong - 19 Feb 05 - Belvedere - Henry - Everbliss - SengKang

Carole - 25 Nov 04 - Mandarin Court - Handsome Malcom - French Bridal - Jurong/AMK/CCK (my home/PIL/our home)

Zonkkie - 25 June 05 - Belvedere - Francis - The Bridal Wardrobe - Benny Ang

Sweet - 1 Oct 05 - Mandarin Court - Henry - Milan - Bt Gombak

Okipoki - 28 Dec 04 - Belvedere - Doreen - TWD - Dover

carole

Hi gers... my ROM pics... some pics taken in MM swimming pool and other nice MM venues...

Special Thanks to Malcolm, Asst. Director of Catering. Malcolm has taken lots of effort to make my ROM a nice and cosy one. He arranged our good Lunch at Mezzanine and the Photo taking session at the Hotel. Both my hubby and I like to share our experience at MM with all of you.

My gf held her wedding at MM, Act 1 on Sunday 23 May. Malcolm went down to help to decorated the Function Room and look into extreme details and co-ordinated the whole thing well.

Girls, if you are still deciding who to get for ur co-ordinators in MM, try Malcolm... Or if you are deciding which hotel for your Banquet... MM will be the choice. What's more... Free Flow Beer leh... where to find?