Mandarin Orchard Singapore

tazy

<font color="119911">hi brink_79,

my 1st choice was rasa sentosa. then my parents objected coz feel the location too inaccessible. so i decided to get a hotel more centralised. MM offers the best perks (p/s: you can try to bargain for more) but not able to offer me date. then i went back to rasa again. my fh managed to convince my parents and we even rented a car to bring my mum down to view the place. finally she relented and i am able to hold my wedding there.

in short, rasa sentosa. yipee!!
kao_cheers.gif

hey, you born in yr 79 ar??</font>

tazy

me too...kekeke but i guess i shld be slightly older in terms of months</font>

tazy

oh...coz you say i may be or may not be wrong about me being a few mths older than you mah...so i am wondering if you are a capricorn?</font>

starrystarry

Hi Ladies,

I just booked my banquet with MM.
Following are perks they offer:
-free flow beer
-complimentary 1 bottle of wine per table
-subsequent bottles at $18+++ (think this is cheaper then buying our own wine plus corkage at other hotels)
-FOC printing of wedding cards for 100% confirmed attendance
-2 nite's stay at bridal suite (with breakfast)
-Top of the M dinner vouchers
-Pre-dinner or post-dinner snack
-1 bottle of champagne, a cake and chocolates at the hotel room
-1 bottle of champagne for ceremony
-Complimentary parking for 20%

Mine's a thu package at 638+++. Unfortunately I deleted the email of the package.
This is all I remember.

jojo06

hi starrystarry, they doing printing for ur wedding cards as well?? i m surprise, 2005 package at most give u cards up to 80% of ur attendence but they dun include printing cost

ngel

Hi,

I'm new to this tread...hope someone here is able to give me some advice.

Has anyone taken any lunch package with MM? I would like to find out the perks that MM is offering.

Thanks...

taz_tt

Hi Brink_79,

Am looking at MM too! Can email me the 2006 MM package too? Thanks

Hi Joanne,

can i ask how's the food served? good?

Hi matreshka,

How's the ambience n atmostphere at Act 1 or Reception Hall ? im plannin tt plc too, but hv no idea how's the environment..can i hv some comments?

thanks heap.

jojo06

hi taz tt, food is not bad, but i guess different pple got different taste...but wat is important is also the service of the staff is good.

loulou

Hi all,

I just had my food tasting at MM last week, the dishes are nice except for the steam fish and rice in lotus leaf. Other than that, our families are quite happy with the food, portion and service of our captain
happy.gif

taz_tt

hi joanne,
i agree wit u....most important is the service. but u know, some old folk still prefer they hv rather gd food than gd service... :eek:|

do they provide free chair cover? still hestatin whether to chose Pan Pac or MM

taz_tt

starry,
hee.....can share wit me why u definitely vote for MM? im new here. searchin for some advice for my weddin banquet. plannin to do it Ritz too....

starrystarry

Hi taz tt,

It depends on what you are looking for. For us, we choose MM becos of the perks and the price.

We took the weekday package which is only 638+++. And if you look through the thread, I've listed down some of the perks they offered and I think its quite reasonable for the price that we are paying.

You mean Ritz Calton? It's really too ex...per table diff is 100-200.

As for Pan Pac, perks not as good as MM, though price is about the same.

This is what I think. Feel free to comment

taz_tt

hi starry,
638+++? u hav ur wed tiz yr or next yr? thot the 638+++ is meant for 2006? their price keep increasin....

so far hv not been to MM for wed dinner b4, so hv totally no idea how's their FOOD n Service....tho the perks r pretty attractive...

may i know wat to look out for, for those who had their wed dinner at MM already? hopefully i can hav some advice/suggestion/ideas b4 i decided on MM..

thanks

taz_tt

starry,
u tried the food there b4 u got the package? hav no idea how's the food there. i know i can hv the best of both worlds....*dilemma....*

adelene

Hi starry,

Which date in Oct06? I'm looking at MM too. Your package look attractive. Is it a weekday package? I need abt 60 tables, but hope to cut my guest to 50 tables. What kinda additional perks can I request others than those in the stad package they have given?

starrystarry

Hi taz_tt,

I've not tried the food there. Unfortunately the chinese restaurant is closed for renovations. But I gathered from this thread that the food seems ok....and you are right, we can't have the best of both worlds. For me, as long as the food is not horrible, it is fine.

starrystarry

Hi Blue Ginger,

My AD is 19Oct. The package should be quite standard. But I think you can give them a call and tell them you have 50 tables. They may give you more perks.
For me, the quote states for 250-350pax package. Maybe with 500pax would be another package.

wyy

hey blue ginger...you oso want to be MM bride....who u meeting this sat?? I oso wif MM....but is the old package i signed.

taz_tt

hi gal,
im meeting christopher tis saturdae too...wat time is ur appointment? hee....maybe we can say hi to each other....im plannin to go Marriott to take a look at their workshop after the appmt...

piggypig

hi adel not cool

its the 2006 wedding theme preview..they hv 2 new themes for next yr. 1st 40 couples get treated to some spa thingy...

jojo06

i tink the free white seat cover is a standard tat all hotels will give.
been to pan pac and work with them, i must say they are not bad also, i didnt take them is becos of location. just my own opinion..
happy.gif

rachiru

Hi starry,

Ur package is very good!!when's ur AD?? I booked my banquet with MM in May'05 for feb'06! they dun give red wine for each table leh.. &amp; the wedding cards 100%.... mine juz onli 75%.Wat a good deal u got!! Have u printed ur cards?? I printed mine at tdargon which MM asked to go there for cards.I have to said the service provided by them is very good,especially Connie.

loulou ,
when is ur AD?? Do u call up ur coordinator for making appt.My AD is in feb'05 &amp; dun knw when should go for the food tasting??

loulou

Hi Rachel,

MY AD is on 22 Dec, just 3 weeks away!
happy.gif

I had my food tasting about 2 weeks ago, we called up our coordinator to book appointment.
They recommend couples to have the food tasting session latest 1 month before the wedding banquet, so you still have some time to go
happy.gif
Anyway the chinese restaurant is under renovation, I had my food tasting at Belvedere II just next to the MC ballroom, where my dinner will be held.
Hope this helps
happy.gif

axl

loulou,
I'm gg food tasting next week.
Any recommendations for which dish?
Who is your co-ordinator? I saw the white seat covers... the whole concept is very plain. Any idea if we can change the seat covers to other colours?

loulou

Hi AXL,

Mine is the weekday menu. All of us thought that the fish was over-steamed and the lotus rice was not fragrant enough. Other than that, the dishes are OK. My personal favourite is the prawn stir fried with celery
happy.gif

My co-ordinator is Adeline, very nice lady. As far as I know, they only have white seat covers.
I know they have some new table cloth designs for the VIP tables, you can check it out with your co-ordinator.

starrystarry

Hi Rachel,

My AD is in Oct06. Heard it's a new package. Yar, I agree it's quite attractive. In fact the most attractive that I've seen after getting many many different quotes from different hotels

rachiru

Loulou,

Thanks for ur infor.At least able to get some time to relax.If I know when to choose the ballroom's decor??My coordinator is Malcolm &amp; he's oways very busy.

Axl,

Muz tell me how's the food tasting hor??

honeyc

Hi Starry,
See u here in this thread. ME also a MM bride, also Oct 06. On 17th, weekday too. My pkg is same as yours and Christopher the co-ordinator informed that next year, they will change all seat cover and new wedding favours. Their current seat covers are ugly (looks like french caps!)

As for the wedding cards, we can choose from the 100s of designs available at the printing co.

cheers!

starrystarry

Hi Honey Chia,

Oh...mine's 2 days after you.
Agree on the seat cover, looks a bit weird right? Glad they are changing it.

Heard about the change of wedding favours too. And I think they are also changing the ballroom decors.

cbkoh

Dear all,
would like to find out the details of wedding packages in 2006 for weekend. Does anybody have that? Could you email me at [email protected] please?
Hi Starry, who is your coordinator?
Thank you!