Maldives

lemonzil

$750 USD for 4 hours? My goodness... I don't think we will be doing that, lol!

yeah, it's expensive.. but it's a private charter on their dhoni.. you'll be served likea boss all the way. u need anything, just request, they'll try their best to fulfill it.

like they know i wan to see dolphins so badly, they waited for 3 times and i got to really see them up close.. then we went snorkeling twice.. for both diff experience.

lunch is also provided ! :)

msyeo

I signed up with them too! Wait! did i saw you there at the booth?? I remember seeing the invoice for Vadoo on the table for this year after a couple left. =P Were you served by May then another lady took over while May was answering my queries?

I'm flying on 24th Jan 2014. Just a waste they do not have morning flight on the date i wanted so end up have to push it 2 days further. Mine is more costly =( due to the popular season... around 6.3K for 2.

You need to share your tips when you return! =P
Hi Pat! I am back from my honeymoon or rather i was back for a month already, hee! Couldn't find time to update till now.

i guarantee you will be smitten by the place even if you don't have a good impression of it!

small island, really small. when we were there the angmohs took up 60% of the occupancy?

nothing much to do. we did try to sign up for the submarine tour and the island picnic but they will only go ahead if they hit a min. pax in the end there were no takers and we pretty much rot in the room other than snorkeling.

bring entertainment too, because their variety of tv channels suck big time!

they have some special activities on certain days like cultural dance and disco nights but we dont really fancy joining so i cant advice much on it.

food wise.. the menu is the same everyday. we ate at the main restaurant every day except for the last day we decided to give their japanese a shot.. and turns out the japanese food is actually not bad! we have no boarding so our meals cost about 400 usd over a period of 5 days? we usually skip lunch.

massage service is excellent, but overpriced and nothing fantastic. all the masseuse came from bali.

Just realised that you are flying on 24th Jan, I am flying too! But to Taiwan, hehe! :p A very last min arrangement lah:D

PatChan

Hi Pat! I am back from my honeymoon or rather i was back for a month already, hee! Couldn't find time to update till now.

i guarantee you will be smitten by the place even if you don't have a good impression of it!

small island, really small. when we were there the angmohs took up 60% of the occupancy?

nothing much to do. we did try to sign up for the submarine tour and the island picnic but they will only go ahead if they hit a min. pax in the end there were no takers and we pretty much rot in the room other than snorkeling.

bring entertainment too, because their variety of tv channels suck big time!

they have some special activities on certain days like cultural dance and disco nights but we dont really fancy joining so i cant advice much on it.

food wise.. the menu is the same everyday. we ate at the main restaurant every day except for the last day we decided to give their japanese a shot.. and turns out the japanese food is actually not bad! we have no boarding so our meals cost about 400 usd over a period of 5 days? we usually skip lunch.

massage service is excellent, but overpriced and nothing fantastic. all the masseuse came from bali.

Just realised that you are flying on 24th Jan, I am flying too! But to Taiwan, hehe! :p A very last min arrangement lah:D

Thanks for the updates! can start planning on my movie downloads! wahahahahahhahahahahaha

hmmm.... 400usd over 5 days just for dinner? i didnt take up boarding as well. was thinking that it may be rather boring to keep eating at the same place.
did you travel to their main island for "shopping"?

lucky you get to travel so much!!! so envy!!! after my trip i got to save up big time for my coming new home.. have to restrict my travel till then.

btw did you do any research on Credit cards rebates for your banquet? I want to find out which card provides better rebates/benefits.

lemonzil

i stayed niyama, they have in-house movies... so many of them, can't even finish watching leh. ?
i think it really depends on which resort you are staying at. what kind of 'entertainment' do they offer.

out of my 5 days there, we have activities almost everyday!

Btw, Pat, CC rebates, only Manhatten card has it. otherwise, UOB One card, u need to swipe 1.5K for 3 continuous mth to enjoy the rebate.

Brother ready to get married next year in February knot Maldives honeymoon! Think ask two people to a month in higher consumption and fun, but how much money is 6 Star Island? Find good people to know what to tell!

Hi there, we just booked ours, tying the knot on 22feb this year and leaving for Maldive on 24feb.
It costs us 10k for a 5-6 star resort... excluding meals. at Constance Halaveli.

PatChan

Hi there, we just booked ours, tying the knot on 22feb this year and leaving for Maldive on 24feb.
It costs us 10k for a 5-6 star resort... excluding meals. at Constance Halaveli.
Wow! that's pretty ex!!
I had just return from my honeymoon trip from Maldives.
I went to Adaaran Prestige Vadoo (5D4N), the package was booked without full board as we wanted to have our choice of meal instead of restricted to the only few. a Honeymoon villa + flight costs us 6.2K for 2.
Took up quite a bit of tips from the forum to pack my luggage with lotsof cup noodles and snacks, my overall damage there was 1K SGD lolx!!! Super cheapo me having cup noodles for lunch every day.

My advise for packing your lug
- for guys bring my t-shirt (some restaurant have dresscode, my hubby was being rejected for wearing singlet)
- Dun forget your sunblock/tan lotion!!!! it hurts when i return with the burnt
- bring along a good camera
- throughout the trip the only excursion i regret taking up is the Male City Tour which they keep telling me is interesting place to visit.... IT's so boring that it took me not even half an hour to finish the tour with a boring "private guide"

Wow! that's pretty ex!!
I had just return from my honeymoon trip from Maldives.
I went to Adaaran Prestige Vadoo (5D4N), the package was booked without full board as we wanted to have our choice of meal instead of restricted to the only few. a Honeymoon villa + flight costs us 6.2K for 2.
Took up quite a bit of tips from the forum to pack my luggage with lotsof cup noodles and snacks, my overall damage there was 1K SGD lolx!!! Super cheapo me having cup noodles for lunch every day.

My advise for packing your lug
- for guys bring my t-shirt (some restaurant have dresscode, my hubby was being rejected for wearing singlet)
- Dun forget your sunblock/tan lotion!!!! it hurts when i return with the burnt
- bring along a good camera
- throughout the trip the only excursion i regret taking up is the Male City Tour which they keep telling me is interesting place to visit.... IT's so boring that it took me not even half an hour to finish the tour with a boring "private guide"

Hi Pat!
Mine is 6D5N, I hope that justifies the price a little bit. ;P The seaplane cost us USD460/pax which is steep!
Do you recommend full board? We are still considering this option.
We plan to go cheapo as well! wahaha, yes cup noodles as well, was alcohol expensive as well? we are thinking of buying from DFS instead.

Thanks for the advise!

PatChan

Hi Pat!
Mine is 6D5N, I hope that justifies the price a little bit. ;P The seaplane cost us USD460/pax which is steep!
We plan to go cheapo as well! wahaha, yes cup noodles as well, was alcohol expensive as well? we are thinking of buying from DFS instead.

Thanks for the advise!

it depends on how much does the full board cost and if they cover all dining place or just restricted to their "main" dining place. to me it's better not to take full board, as i have my freedom to choose where i want to eat, further more if you are going fishing you will be topping up to have your catch as a meal, that will means a meal wasted or double paid for. and you have a free breakfast that you can have till 10.30, just take a heavy breakfast and last you till your cup noodles/snacks time.
The cheapest drink is evian - USD 4.50 hahahahahaha what do you think about the alcohol
We didnt really drink much there as we have 2 bottles of complimentary (1 champagne, 1 white wine) and the road back to our resort... we dun really dare to drink too much before we reach our resort. hahahahahahahha dun wish to fall over into the sea drunk. =P

Hope these helps!

it depends on how much does the full board cost and if they cover all dining place or just restricted to their "main" dining place. to me it's better not to take full board, as i have my freedom to choose where i want to eat, further more if you are going fishing you will be topping up to have your catch as a meal, that will means a meal wasted or double paid for. and you have a free breakfast that you can have till 10.30, just take a heavy breakfast and last you till your cup noodles/snacks time.
The cheapest drink is evian - USD 4.50 hahahahahaha what do you think about the alcohol
We didnt really drink much there as we have 2 bottles of complimentary (1 champagne, 1 white wine) and the road back to our resort... we dun really dare to drink too much before we reach our resort. hahahahahahahha dun wish to fall over into the sea drunk. =P

Hope these helps!

Ah, okok, thanks for the advice! We probably might go for a half board instead.

jane1606

Hello ladies! My fiancé & I just started thinking about going to Maldives for our honeymoon after dropping our initial idea for Europe. Any travel agency to recommend for a good package deal? (Flight + accommodation)

Does the seaplane comes with all/most package too?

Would appreciate some guidelines on what to lookout for. :)

lemonzil

I went for my honeymoon at Niyama Maldives last Apr for a 5D4N trip. seaplane transfers included. recommended by a fellow forummer here. he has various contacts for maldives resorts and he can recommend you base on your budget.

the accomodation itself costs 5K plus. flight via SQ was about 1.4K. and we budgetted about 3K for spending there.
we had free upgrade to half board = heavy late breakfast, early dinner.
dont need to eat lunch. just packed our own chips and can drinks over.

most of our spendings are really on activities e.g. diving, fishing, private sail, spa. hence our total damage was about 10K.
overall, it was an extremely good experience... do let me know if you need contact! :)

lemonzil

Hi Pat!

Thanks for the advise!

i understand that no alcohol can be brought into male/maldives. but u can buy from within.

jane1606

I went for my honeymoon at Niyama Maldives last Apr for a 5D4N trip. seaplane transfers included. recommended by a fellow forummer here. he has various contacts for maldives resorts and he can recommend you base on your budget.

the accomodation itself costs 5K plus. flight via SQ was about 1.4K. and we budgetted about 3K for spending there.
we had free upgrade to half board = heavy late breakfast, early dinner.
dont need to eat lunch. just packed our own chips and can drinks over.

most of our spendings are really on activities e.g. diving, fishing, private sail, spa. hence our total damage was about 10K.
overall, it was an extremely good experience... do let me know if you need contact! :)

Thx for the info! :) Wow that's very expensive overall ><! I realized Maldives got this full-board half-board thing...can elaborate?

Our budget not so high... Probably just $5k for hotel+flight. Any good hotel with nice sea view to recommend? :)

lemonzil

Thx for the info! :) Wow that's very expensive overall ><! I realized Maldives got this full-board half-board thing...can elaborate?

Our budget not so high... Probably just $5k for hotel+flight. Any good hotel with nice sea view to recommend? :)

you're most welcome! the accomodation itself was expensive. about 1.3K per night. but of course you can look for something within your budget.
right now, SQ has promo for flights to male. if i'm not wrong, it's about 688?

From my understanding, full board means all meals included. mine was a free upgrade to half board i.e. breakfast and dinner included. i've pm you btw! ;)

Paid about $6400...

Incl of SQ flight, daily bf and dinner, free upgrade to water pool villa, and free 4th night stay...

I find it quite affordable.. was considering between Club Med Maldives and this and decided on taking up the latter. Hehe...

nkengleo

Paid about $6400...

Incl of SQ flight, daily bf and dinner, free upgrade to water pool villa, and free 4th night stay...

I find it quite affordable.. was considering between Club Med Maldives and this and decided on taking up the latter. Hehe...

It is a good deal. Which tour agent did you get the package from?

JaceJace

i went Maldives 2yrs ago.. it was really a nice place to spend with your love1... stayed at sheraton full moon.. price consider cheap compare with other resort thr.. i wish i ll hav the chance back to maldives but will try out others resorts for next time round.

shavaine

It depends on the resort that you are going to. Most resorts are reached via speedboat. There are some that give you the seaplane option too, like the one that we are going to later this month is reachable only via seaplane as the speedboat route doesn't go there yet.

shavaine

We didn't get a package, as we figured that once you get there, boat/dive trips can be arrange from the hotel. So, we booked one of our flights on the recent SQ offer and redeemed the other using frequent flyer miles. I also heard that Scoot and other budget airlines fly there too, so you should be able to get affordable flights. The resort we are going to is Gangehi Island Resort and booked directly with the resort. The rooms range from 100+ to 400+ (for water villa) per night. Its a pretty small resort, but the pictures of the reefs there looked pretty good and the waters immediately around the resort looks to be full of sea life. In addition, the water villa prices were quite reasonable, so we decided to pick this resort. They don't have speed boat service in place now, but we don't mind going by seaplane (which is operated by another company but arranged by the resort), even though its an extra cost, as we figured that the view will be quite nice. :)

cinderwella

Thanks for the updates! can start planning on my movie downloads! wahahahahahhahahahahaha

hmmm.... 400usd over 5 days just for dinner? i didnt take up boarding as well. was thinking that it may be rather boring to keep eating at the same place.
did you travel to their main island for "shopping"?

lucky you get to travel so much!!! so envy!!! after my trip i got to save up big time for my coming new home.. have to restrict my travel till then.

btw did you do any research on Credit cards rebates for your banquet? I want to find out which card provides better rebates/benefits.

You could try earning air miles for your banquet instead of going for rebates. Its possible to redeem free flights to honeymoon using air miles if you use the right credit card to pay for your wedding expenses. You can see how its done at how my wedding expenses paid for free sq flight for honeymoon . From what I know the UOB Prvi miles card gives a pretty gd rate for air miles.

Its better to plan for your honeymoon yourself so you can choose your own hotel, flights and itinerary. In most cases, you also save more money planning yourself as you can find ways to save on the various items.

Partypopper

Party Supplies

pandame

For those interested in going to Maldives, snorkelling equipment are not free usage at the resorts, its about USD9 for 1 day. Not very worth it if you plan to snorkel for a few days. I looking to let go my snorkelling equipment (used during my honeymoon) cheap. PM me for more details