Maldives

lemonzil

yes yes, already looking forward :p
Other then heavy breakfast and skip lunch, pack our own snacks which most of you advise, is there anything else I should look out for upon arrival? Things to do or to save big?!? hehe :D

Hmmm remember your sunscreen!!! it's gonna be hot and burnt there. Oh, am not too sure, but if you are buying and souvenirs, i found the resort's own gift shop has lesser varieties compared to the ones at Male, at least from my own experience.

oh yes, i think they are quite particular over in Maldives if you are using US Notes. I remember I had a note which had some ink and it was rejected. In the end, we used it in Male airport, no issues! ;)

lemonzil

from what i understand, most resorts u dont pay for anything until you check out. all spending charge to your room account during ur stay.

so upon check out, you can either choose to pay by cash or credit. and they accept USD for sure over at Maldvies. I'm not too sure about MVR though - can be use in Male if you run out of USD.. You'll probably have to confirm with your resort on this.

lemonzil

no worries! I've only been there once... but it was in apr.. so will try to share as much as possible..!

revlis

msyeo nice, that was one of my option initally :) but realised is by speedboat, i wanted seaplane resorts so didnt choose that.

msyeo

Yeah, I wanted seaplane too... But never mind lah, taking speedboat is another form of excitement too :p
An excuse for me to visit Maldives again perhaps?! :cool:

msyeo

Depart on 28th Nov. Initial plan was to fly the following day right after our customary. But SQ morning flights were taken, unless Sri Langka flights. Ended changed date…
So have you found your dream villa?

PatChan

My fiancée and I finally decided to spend our HM at Maldives. :)
We spent 6 long hours at the Natas fair during the passed weekend.:confused: And come to a decision for a 5D4N stay at Adaaran Prestige Vadoo, water villas.
Yes, I agree that the rate just keep going up. In fact, the package we got was so so only. The last Natas rate was much much better as the package included half/ full board... but not for this time round:(

Hi There!

I've finally got my Maldives Package from NATAS too, I'm also going to Adaaran Prestige Vadoo. When are you trravelling there? We can share tips depending on who goes first. =P

PatChan

Depart on 28th Nov. Initial plan was to fly the following day right after our customary. But SQ morning flights were taken, unless Sri Langka flights. Ended changed date…
So have you found your dream villa?

Opps! just realized i missed your last posting. Lucky you, yours should be cheaper. which booth did you sign up with? I'm travelling next Jan, similar to your case, wanted to go right after customary, but there are no morning flight, so had to change my date. =(
Mine is also B&B only.

msyeo

Oh, you too indented to fly off after customary? More dreamy feel right, hee! :p
I signed up with Reollo. They are mainly doing Maldives so I find it quite good. What about you? Which agency did you tie up with and can I ask what is the cost like? When will you be flying?

PatChan

Oh, you too indented to fly off after customary? More dreamy feel right, hee! :p
I signed up with Reollo. They are mainly doing Maldives so I find it quite good. What about you? Which agency did you tie up with and can I ask what is the cost like? When will you be flying?

I signed up with them too! Wait! did i saw you there at the booth?? I remember seeing the invoice for Vadoo on the table for this year after a couple left. =P Were you served by May then another lady took over while May was answering my queries?

I'm flying on 24th Jan 2014. Just a waste they do not have morning flight on the date i wanted so end up have to push it 2 days further. Mine is more costly =( due to the popular season... around 6.3K for 2.

You need to share your tips when you return! =P

msyeo

I signed up with them too! Wait! did i saw you there at the booth?? I remember seeing the invoice for Vadoo on the table for this year after a couple left. =P Were you served by May then another lady took over while May was answering my queries?

I'm flying on 24th Jan 2014. Just a waste they do not have morning flight on the date i wanted so end up have to push it 2 days further. Mine is more costly =( due to the popular season... around 6.3K for 2.

You need to share your tips when you return! =P
How coincident! Hehe!:p But I did not notice the surrounding as my brain was almost dead! haha! Could be us... lol. We were rather late, almost to closing?!
They told us our indented date was fully taken and the earliest flight is 2days after too. Strange...
Yeah, will definitely share with you ;)

PatChan

Hmmmm... i was there till 5+ 6pm... not sure if it you, or maybe another couple. LOLx, i went around checking with other agency and there's another one which charges much cheaper, but later i came to understand that they were quoting based on night flight. Which i dun find it worthwhile when you save hundreds of dollars but wasted a day and to extend it cost more than the amt you save on the night flight. Did you take up a full board or just B&B?

PatChan

LOLxxxx
To Male: 10.05am
To SIN: 14.20

@ Lemonzil.... i'm afraid too long would be boring. it's always good to leave an excuse for me to return if the trip is too short. =P

lemonzil

honestly, it's true to keep it short. cause the activities there are somewhat limited and expensive.

that's also what made the place more desirable to keep revisiting...

lemonzil

gotta save up a lot if plan to stay there longer... the accomodation there isn't really cheap... hahaa

msyeo

Both Revlis and Pat funny lah, haha!:D

PatChan: I think they do away with the meal thingy this time round. Don’t be sad. Just enjoy and have fun, and spend reasonably since it is your honeymoon. ;)
We visited the booth afew times actually. Went around checking out on the package deal. Guess the rest of the agency deals were not as good though. BTW, we went on Sat. And you?

Revlis: My flight time is almost the same as Pat. 10+am and noon back. What about yourself? Is your package costly? Cos Niyama suppose to be a very nice & good villa:rolleyes:

Rabber: You are staying in Maafushivaru? Did you sign up with ClubMed? And how many nights will you be staying?

Lemozil: So how did you spend your days during the trip?

As of now, Pat, Revlis and myself signed up for 5D4N, B&B; And Rabber, full board:)

rabber

Hi there, yes, am going to stay at Maafusivaru but it's not with ClubMed. This is their website. We wanted a private resort to romance away. :p

This hotel is under the same hotel group as Baros Maldives ,(view here) and I was so tempted when I saw Baros Maldives. Good thing they no longer have available dates or I may take long time to make up my mind.

I'm staying there for 6 nights in Feb. Right after CNY so it's the peak period. :cool:

revlis

msyeo: i didnt took package :) i book plane and resorts separately, took malaysia airline abt 1k for two pax, one transit at kl, journey abt 6hrs compare to SQ direct 4hrs plus. i check sq is abt 1.7k for two pax, tot save on air tix for resorts hee :)
my flight reach there at 9plus pm, will stay a nite at cheap hotel in male then go over to resort in the morning, coming back flight at 11plus, reach sg 7plus in the morning, so actualli i going 6d5n keke just that stay 5d4N in resorts :)
ya niyama quite exp, abt 1k plus a nite (exclude seaplane), seaplane about 1.3k for two pax, is realli way over our initial budget but dec is one of the peak seasons, my initial budget can't book a resort with pte pool and bath tub :( somehow manage to convince hub since is our 1st yr anniversary but feel quite bad cos we just back from our honeymoon in europe in may :( super broke already but i wanted something special for our 1st anni :p then i say why not we go for a cheaper one this rd, then maybe two yrs later go for a more exp one... then he say oh well might as well spent the $$ now else wait i ask him to go back maldives again in near future.. become double spending..
of cos i would love to go back maldives again but not in the near future.. maybe can go celebrate 5th anni or 10th anni haha at least got something to look forward to and most special and meaningful if is on 5th or 10th anni :)

lemonzil

Revlis: it's about 1.3K with seaplane for niyama, free upgrade to half board for me. I mean i gotten the deal through Ryo. did you go through him as well?

msyeo: mine was a 5D4N trip as well, first day after arrival, didnt do much. Just plain exploring my studio, getting excited with everything and it's dinner time. haha.
only manage to visit their underwater club and the overwater restaurant (they are at the same place, gotta take speedboat over).

I got mixed up with my 2nd and 3rd day... either one of the day was a private sail (dhoni) out for 4 hours (lunch included on board) to see dolphins and snorkel. The other day was a rest and relax (snorkeling outside our villa plus swimming at our pool) plus diving trip.

4th day was spa and night fishing... manage to get our catch served for our breakfast on the 5th morning.

it's supposed to be served during lunch/dinner but because we were leaving, they did the special arrangement for us. Very nice of them.

That was about it... the room was so nice, half the time we also don't really feel like leaving it...

talking about it now... urgh.. wished i could just be zapped over now.. :p

rabber

We went with full board so that we won't have to worry about bringing money and overspending. I heard the drinks and food can be quite ex and we don't want to limit ourselves.

Anyway, I told HTB that we will spend this once and if a kid comes along, maybe I won't bear to spend anymore. So this may be my first and last time there? Haha.. so might as well spend a little more.

There's so many other places in the world I want to see.

lemonzil

rabber: hehe. initially i was worried about the lunch cos mine was only half board. in the end, it's actually not necessary... for us luh. cos we packed our own tidbits plus, we always have heavy breakfast... kinda money-saving technique too..:D

revlis

lemonzil ya i heard abt that promo but is end in sept haha i going dec :(
rabber: just to let u noe full board usually dun include drinks, drinks are still chargable and if i not wrong, usually one only restaurant u can eat at.. so can be quite boring.. but i think if u dun eat at that particular restaurant, they allow u to have x amt of credit to use at other restaurants.. do check out with the resorts :) i mean that is so far i research. hope this helps :)

revlis

np :) yup if wat i say is true, better change half board, cos i heard u take buffet breakie already v full le, can skip the lunch part :)

PatChan

Msyeo, I think the couple i saw was someone else, hahahahahaha, my HTB told me that couple bought the package for Oct. I went on Fri and Sunday =P Spent too much on the lodging might end up packing instant noodles into my luggage!!!!

lemonzil

revlis: icic... yeah Dec is the peak period.... well nevertheless, enjoy urselves!!!

rabber: Do pack enough tidbits if you guys are planning to stay indoors most of the time. for us, we are often outside so we didnt really feel hunger.
more important is late breakkie, early dinner... with tidbits snacking in between, it's really more than enough for us... :D

lemonzil

revlis: you're most welcome! which accomodation did you take? the normal water villa or the very big one?

lemonzil

water villa is already very nice~!! Ryo arranged for me the sunrise side.. so it's viewing of sunrise every morning...