Maldives

Wannie19

Hi Wu,

Thanks for your advise! Appreciate it.
Yup! We have since decided on Vilamendhoo. hehe

We did research for several resorts, Mirihi, Vila, Veli.
Like you mentioned, the reef at Veli is not comparable to Vila or Mirihi.

But Veli’s beach looks amazing...very scenic in photos.
To me, they do have a better room(jacuzzi with unblock sea view) as compared to Vila and Mirihi.
The reasons y I’m still holding on to it. Hehe.
We chose Vila instead of Mirihi because of room layout and jacuzzi. :)

Thanks again and hope we made a right choice! :)

ryo

Hi Effie,

I will reply u later tonight... ok? :) Cheers! :)

Hi Ryo...

Me and my BF planning for honeymoon around mid-Nov this year, care to share the packages with me based on my request below?

Budget: SGD$5K for 2 pax
Nights of Stay: 4 nights.
Room Type: Water Villas
Meal plan: Full Board
Transfer type: Speed boat (Airport / Resort / Airport).

Thank you very much!
Effie Ee

ryo

Hi Wu,

Thanks for your advise! Appreciate it.
Yup! We have since decided on Vilamendhoo. hehe

We did research for several resorts, Mirihi, Vila, Veli.
Like you mentioned, the reef at Veli is not comparable to Vila or Mirihi.

But Veli’s beach looks amazing...very scenic in photos.
To me, they do have a better room(jacuzzi with unblock sea view) as compared to Vila and Mirihi.
The reasons y I’m still holding on to it. Hehe.
We chose Vila instead of Mirihi because of room layout and jacuzzi. :)

Thanks again and hope we made a right choice! :)

Hi Wannie,

please kindly see your pm... Cheers! :)

ryo

Hi Wannie,

Pmed you... :)

The reason why Mirihi charges so much and why it's a hidden gem is becos of that pure kampong feel...
with only 30 rooms, privacy and quietness is guaranteed. Powdery white sand beach with house reef just stone throw away. Room wise yes.. Vila room is bigger with Jacuzzi.
I was there in Mirihi for 8 Nights in 2006 and during low seasons..... it's more worth and cost much less during low seasons.... can consider next time round. :)

ryo

Hi Ryo...

Me and my BF planning for honeymoon around mid-Nov this year, care to share the packages with me based on my request below?

Budget: SGD$5K for 2 pax
Nights of Stay: 4 nights.
Meal plan: Full Board
Transfer type: Speed boat (Airport / Resort / Airport).

Thank you very much!
Effie Ee

Hi Effie,

I would recommend Cocopalm bodu Hithi for your case. :) They do have a 4 nights package deal with 1 free night. All rooms comes with oversize pool, speedboat transfer takes around 40mins.

For meal plan, I would suggest just go with breakfast plan will do..... as normally a heavy late breakfast, plus a alacarte dinner would be sufficient. :) Not many ppl takes lunch while they are in a Maldives resort, and an ala carte meal would be so much cheaper than buffet. No queuing, no rushing.... just sit by the seaside, enjoy the view in alfresco dining. :)

Would you consider Seaplane transfer resort as well? CHeers! :)

lemonzil

;) no need eat lunch.. just pack potato chips and coke from SG.

Reactions: ryo

lemonee

Hi Effie,

I would recommend Cocopalm bodu Hithi for your case. :) They do have a 4 nights package deal with 1 free night. All rooms comes with oversize pool, speedboat transfer takes around 40mins.

For meal plan, I would suggest just go with breakfast plan will do..... as normally a heavy late breakfast, plus a alacarte dinner would be sufficient. :) Not many ppl takes lunch while they are in a Maldives resort, and an ala carte meal would be so much cheaper than buffet. No queuing, no rushing.... just sit by the seaside, enjoy the view in alfresco dining. :)

Would you consider Seaplane transfer resort as well? CHeers! :)

Hi Ryo,

Ya, would consider seaplane as well.
So we shall have brunch there ya...Skip the lunch!
Are you able to PM me the packages available?

Thank You!

lemonzil

actually not a lot. just 2 packs of those party packs chips. can't even finish! :D
we usually have our breakfast at 10plus. heavy one... wont feel hungry at all. we can't even finish the complimentary ice cream they gave us lor. so sad.

we also packed in 6 cans of coke... cos my hubby is a coke addict.

cavegirl5110

i have just check clubmed maldives..it cost $11400 for 4 nights on the water villa..but all food and drinks provided. and $2700 for 4 nights at the superior room that is not on the waters.

:( so sad. i feel already go until there must stay on the water villa. but the price difference is so huge........

ryo

Hi Ryo,

Ya, would consider seaplane as well.
So we shall have brunch there ya...Skip the lunch!
Are you able to PM me the packages available?

Thank You!

Hi Effie,

Just PM you.... :)

Oh yes.... just brunch + follow what lemonzil did.... and you'll be fine... :)

Cheers! :)

ryo

i have just check clubmed maldives..it cost $11400 for 4 nights on the water villa..but all food and drinks provided. and $2700 for 4 nights at the superior room that is not on the waters.

:( so sad. i feel already go until there must stay on the water villa. but the price difference is so huge........

Hi cavegirl,

Don't be sad.... Maldives is more affordable than u think. At $11k ... you can stay in a water villa with huge in room pool!
Skip clubmed..... there are better resort at a fraction of that price. There are near to 200 resorts in Maldives and many are much better than clubmed.
No point going for the AI plan (i.e breakfast, lunch, dinner + drinks)..... just go with breakfast plan, enjoy ordering ala carte meals...... sit and wait to be served
instead of queuing for meals.... in the end you still can have spare change in your pocket.

Perhaps something like this.... :)

Niyama-thumbnail1.jpg

lemonzil

NIYAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA miisssss~!!

on second thot... that room view looks very alike to the one i stayed in.. issit the same?

ryo

NIYAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA miisssss~!!

on second thot... that room view looks very alike to the one i stayed in.. issit the same?

Haaaa... good morning. :) probably we stay in the same room :) Still remember which room?

If I can remember... mine is 62. :)

lemonzil

Haaaa... good morning. :) probably we stay in the same room :) Still remember which room?

If I can remember... mine is 62. :)

Good Morning~! yes of course remember.

it's 70. just x 10 from my wedding date. Hehe.... few units only right? landscape looks the same.. :D

ryo

One really bad news to share. If any of the forum member had booked a trip from the largest Maldivian agent called Atoll Paradise, please get back to them as soon as possible. Their travel license had been suspend and currently they are unable to honor any rooms. Currently the company is being investigated by the police for allegation of defrauding both customers and travel agents alike. Some Singapore local agency could have been affected if they got their packages from Atoll paradise.

The best you can do now is to write direct to the resort with your confirmation number.... and make sure your rooms are paid for and booked. It's such a pity because they are once the pride of the Maldivian tourism industry... and many had try to mimic their success......

If there's any question do kindly pm me for more info. Cheers!

lemonzil

Oh dear... that's really bad news...

ryo

Oh dear... that's really bad news...

Oh yes... it's bad. News had surface months ago and now it rocks the entire Maldivian travel industry..... really worried that this would be a chain effect and many thousands of tourist could be affected.... :(

lemonzil

Oh yes... it's bad. News had surface months ago and now it rocks the entire Maldivian travel industry..... really worried that this would be a chain effect and many thousands of tourist could be affected.... :(

They do for other areas apart from Maldives right? Will that in turn affect (slow down) the increasing tax rate for Maldvies?

ryo

They do for other areas apart from Maldives right? Will that in turn affect (slow down) the increasing tax rate for Maldvies?

Indeed... they started out from Maldives.. and expand their tour packages to Thailand, Bali, Mauritius etc.... expanded too fast......and probably got into cash flow problem. They even have a office here in Singapore. I'm just worried that those what deals what deals one also got packages from them ...... that will make alot of ppl really unhappy.

The TGST is set by the Govt.... unlikely will affect anything... however 2014 TGST is not finalised yet. Could be still staying at 8%. :)

lemonzil

Indeed... they started out from Maldives.. and expand their tour packages to Thailand, Bali, Mauritius etc.... expanded too fast......and probably got into cash flow problem. They even have a office here in Singapore. I'm just worried that those what deals what deals one also got packages from them ...... that will make alot of ppl really unhappy.

The TGST is set by the Govt.... unlikely will affect anything... however 2014 TGST is not finalised yet. Could be still staying at 8%. :)

oh.. yeah. nowadays got a lot of groupon, deal.com packages. all look very cheap too... but look is one thing... not convincing enough. heh...
definitely it will leave a scar on the tourism industry lo... :(

Hope it will stay... for longer period... :D

revlis

hi ryo,

i planning for a anniversary trip with my hub :)
can you help to recommend a water villa with bath tub, pte pool and sea plane transfer, plan to stay for 4N, budget about 1k per nite.
if possible, is there any water villa with a hammock as well?
oh as i will be flying in at nite, can help to recommend a cheap hotel near the airport to stay a nite before we take the transfer to the resort? thks :)

cavegirl5110

Hi ryo,

Which villa is it the one on the picture? Please share! I am still planning for my honeymoon and would really love to go there if the price is less than 6k

ryo

Hi Cavegirl,

That's Niyama Maldives, Water studio with pool . :)

Where are you planning for your Honeymoon? and kindly know how many nights are you planning.... Cheers! :)

Rates for Maldivian resorts varies from period to period.... i.e. Most resorts low season rates ending July while some ending August ~ Sept.

The most expensive period we call it the festive season.... around Dec ~ Jan period.

Kelvin8888

Hi, im planning for my honeymoon in next year end of oct...intend to stay abt 4/5nites over dere...would prefer to stay on water with nice view and facility....kindly advise any nice resort and how much would the package cost?

Kelvin8888

Hi, im planning for my honeymoon in next year end of oct...intend to stay abt 4/5nites over dere...would prefer to stay on water with nice view and facility....kindly advise any nice resort and how much would the package cost?​

Budget: SGD$4-5K for 2 pax
Nights of Stay: 4 - 5 nights.
Meal plan: Breakfast only.
Transfer type: Seaplan

Requirement: Private pool/Jacuzzi, house reef, nice view.

ryo

Hi, im planning for my honeymoon in next year end of oct...intend to stay abt 4/5nites over dere...would prefer to stay on water with nice view and facility....kindly advise any nice resort and how much would the package cost?​

Budget: SGD$4-5K for 2 pax
Nights of Stay: 4 - 5 nights.
Meal plan: Breakfast only.
Transfer type: Seaplan
Requirement: Private pool/Jacuzzi, house reef, nice view.

Hi Kelvin,

Perhaps you like to check out Vilu Reef Maldives. They have a water villa with pool.... rates does fit into your requirement. It comes with Half board, a private pool, pretty ok house reefs plus nice view. :)

I'll PM u later.... :) Cheers! :)

lemonzil

I'm planning for my honeymoon, Maldives is a good place but dun know want free &easy or go by agency

maggie88, u just need air tix and good accommodation with book for Maldives... :)

lemonzil

Are you refering to travelling in Male? If you have no intention of staying in Male i.e. direct to your resort in Maldvies, then the resort should be able to provide you the transfer over...

PatChan

Hi there!

Can anyone advise me more on Maldives?? I'd been craving to go years back... Now that i'm planning my HoneyMoon for Jan 2014, Maldives is on top of my list!
I'm looking for a Water Villa (that have a Bathtub/jacuzzi tub) just right by the sea!

Any recommendation and/or anything to look out for??

Regards,

Pat

lemonzil

Hi Pat,

There are lots of resorts in Maldives but i guess more importantly is to find one that suits your budget best. How many days/nights are you planning for?

PatChan

Hi Pat,

There are lots of resorts in Maldives but i guess more importantly is to find one that suits your budget best. How many days/nights are you planning for?

Hmmm... Perhaps a 4 - 5 days trip, i supposed there isnt much things there right? if the stay is too long i'm afraid my HTB would be bored.

lemonzil

Hmmm... Perhaps a 4 - 5 days trip, i supposed there isnt much things there right? if the stay is too long i'm afraid my HTB would be bored.

i went for my honeymoon in apr... if u refer to the picture ryo posted above, it's Niyama Maldives. there's no bathtub by the sea but there's a pool facing the sea. so it's likea small infinity pool of it's own.
they have a huge bathtub in the enormous bathroom though. it's huge, can fit 2 adults or more. you can leave the curtains open, then u can see the face the sea in ur bathroom~

PatChan

i went for my honeymoon in apr... if u refer to the picture ryo posted above, it's Niyama Maldives. there's no bathtub by the sea but there's a pool facing the sea. so it's likea small infinity pool of it's own.
they have a huge bathtub in the enormous bathroom though. it's huge, can fit 2 adults or more. you can leave the curtains open, then u can see the face the sea in ur bathroom~

can you advise me on the price range that you spent per pax (including flight)?

lemonzil

I spent about 5.4K+ on a 5D4N stay at Niyama Maldives. Exactly the same resort as the picture in my profile pic (the view we see daily). It's free upgrade to half board and flight wise, took SQ, spent about 1.4K plus for 2. Economy Class of course. :) all in all to travel there is about 7K for a relaxation trip.

Of course, yet to include all the expenditure utilised there e.g. fishing, diving, private sail trip, spa etc. The fun part, will depends on how much u are budgetting for...

PatChan

i just got a text up from a fren, saying that in Maldives there's an island for burning waste, does anyone know where is there that i need to avoid and steer clear from?

lemonzil

No idea.. but generally i think most resorts are quite safe from that.. there are 100 over islands/resorts in Maldives.. i think it's a bit hard to find it unless one is super familiar with it

lemonzil

i think the price just keeps going up...

msyeo

My fiancée and I finally decided to spend our HM at Maldives. :)
We spent 6 long hours at the Natas fair during the passed weekend.:confused: And come to a decision for a 5D4N stay at Adaaran Prestige Vadoo, water villas.
Yes, I agree that the rate just keep going up. In fact, the package we got was so so only. The last Natas rate was much much better as the package included half/ full board... but not for this time round:(

lemonzil

We spent 6 long hours at the Natas fair during the passed weekend.:confused: And come to a decision for a 5D4N stay at Adaaran Prestige Vadoo, water villas.
Yes, I agree that the rate just keep going up. In fact, the package we got was so so only. The last Natas rate was much much better as the package included half/ full board... but not for this time round:(

Oh... Well since you've already gotten the package, then just enjoy yourselves there?!

revlis

msyeo how much is your package?

msyeo

We have got tight budget, thus we found this package suited us most and got it for 5.8K:D But that is for Bed & Breakfast only. Lunch and dinner not included. By speedboat as it is rather near. No plan to fly.
It has a plunge pool (which is suitable for me as i can't swim) The pictures looks ok to us, therefore we just took up the package though.
If you are looking at 1k per night, you may like to consider other villas. Constance Halaveli, which was recommended by one of the member. A very luxury resort :cool:

lemonzil

msyeo, how many nights? airfare included?

msyeo

In total of 4N. Yes, airfare is included, fly SQ. Nearly took Sri Langka flight as our intended date was fully taken. Only left with night flight... Ended we changed our date instead:D

lemonzil

ms yeo.. icic... well dont fret about it.. just look forward! :)

msyeo

yes yes, already looking forward :p
Other then heavy breakfast and skip lunch, pack our own snacks which most of you advise, is there anything else I should look out for upon arrival? Things to do or to save big?!? hehe :D