Maldives

cal

Hi Amore,

Do you have to take the seaplane to reach the resort? Its pretty pricey for a round trip right?
But the resort looks lovely!!

icemilo

For us, we took Hilton. Choose it also becos of water villas. Had a look at the beach villas, it just seemed like chalets to me. Erm, not so romantic. (Just my view)

For the water villa (not very sure abt the beach villas), It's full board (dun have to pay a cent for the buffet... unless you choose to eat other stuffs at it's restaurants and you also have to pay for the drinks as well), renting of snorkelling items are free (such as goggles, flippers, etc), some of the water game are free (eg water bicycle), free drinks during happy hours (like house cocktails, beers, juices), free usage for internet (but a bit slow). Hehe, thaz all I can think of at the moment.

We spent abt 5k + SGD. It's ex, but then we have no regrets. The water, scenery are awesome!

april

HI! Amore,

I love the resort u picked! Thinking of going in dec, so can ask u some questions?

Where did u do your resort booking? Can't find it on the website

Wat type of villa r u staying in?

Th price u quoted is per villa? Full board?

Wat about the transfer from airport?

Sorry for being so long-winded!!

icemilo

Hi Ahboo,

We book our package thru internet.
happy.gif

amore

cal... in the asiatravel web site it stated air taxi... so i supposed is sea plane.... it's USD$165/person.....round trip....

april... all the info i got from the asiatravel web site.... try to look for Maldives on the first page.... then u'll see Veligandu Island Resort under best for honeymooners....u can do reservation online....

I had dropped the person to contact an email on the date I plan to go and she had quoted me the price... so now wat I need to do is confirm my air tics and sent her my confirmation on the bookings.... I'll be staying in the water villa... yes... the price i stated there is full board....

icemilo.... saw the pics for hilton!... love it!... too bad... got tight budget..... if not... heheheheee

ahboo

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">hi gals...not sure if there is monsoon season at maldives?? :p sorry if i ask stupid question..can't seem to find the weather info leh..</FONT>

cala

Hi icemilo,

May I know which website you booked through for the Hilton water villas? Which type of water villa did u get? Thanks a lot!

louie

icemilo... you are fr the SB thread rite?!
happy.gif

Your 5K plus was for 2 persons? Not too bad a price I wld say... how many days was ur trip?
happy.gif

icemilo

Hi Cala,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm unable to tell you which website I went, as it was my hubby who made the booking. Paiseh. But then, you can try going to Hilton website. From there, you should be able to search for Maldives. Hope it helps.

For water villas (Hilton), there are 3 type (if I'm not wrong): 1)Water Villas 2) Delux Water Villas 3) Sunset Villas (where you can see sun set)

In the end, we took Option 1. Cos the rest was too high above our budget. But no regret though. I think it's big enuff for just the 2 of us. Nice too.
happy.gif

icemilo

Hi Louie,

Yeah, me from SB thread. Hey, I have only see 1 of your photo. Where's the rest. Hehe..

Yup... 5k plus is for 2 pax. I think that pricing is quite alrite. To think that it actually comprises a lot of stuffs. (it also include sea plane fare).

Me went there on 17 July, return to S'pore on 22/7 (Morning).

louie

Hi Icemilo...

Sorry, the rest of the photos only partially uploaded. Paise!!

So, you stayed at Hilton for 5 nites? The price seems quite reasonable.... How long is the flight fr Sg to Maldives? Wat else is there to do in Maldives?
happy.gif

Me considering going to Mauritius actually, haven't decided which one yet. Initially, supposed to go Mauritius in April but got cancelled coz of SARs. So, wondering if Maldives or Mauritius nicer?
happy.gif

lovelydolphin

hi ladies

I'm looking Maldives 4 my honeymoon 2.

Does anyone know which are the resorts/hotels that that hv water bungalows?
only accessible by air-place &amp; not speedboat??

any gd resorts there?
better 2 book direct wif resorts/hotels thru " DIY" or thru travel agency?

icemilo

Hi Louie,

Hey, after your sucessfully upload your pic, remember to email me ok. Hehe.. just in case, my email is [email protected]

Actually I din stay 5 nites in Maldives.

I reached Male in the nite. Then was arranged to stay at 1 hotel near the airport.

Then the next morning, had to wake up early to catch the sea plane to go Hitlon. From there, we stay 3nites at Hilton.

Flight from S'pore to Male (Maldives) will take 4 hours. There's a time difference of 2 hours from Male. and 3 hours from Maldives.

Basically, you just go there for relaxation. Nothing much for you to do except sea sports, swimming, Spa, feeding fishes, etc. But then, thaz wat we call relaxation rite?
happy.gif

Frankly speaking, though it's not cheap to go there, but we dun have any regrets for going there. In fact, I almost dun want to return to S'pore on our last day there. To relax liao.
happy.gif

A

april76

Hi all!

When do u guys do your booking? 1 month before? Thinking of booking but the rates from the local agencies is not out yet..Better to book thru an agency here or direct with the resort? I'm slightly worried that if i book direct, i'll have to make the arrangements like the one night stay in male and the transfer to the resort myself....how??? And yes, which agency is good? Really excited about the trip, anyone has pixs to share?

maldives

hi april76,

when are u gg for your honeymoon? me gg in feb next year
happy.gif
i have the same concern as you abt booking direct instead of gg thru agency. think the price for resorts like paradise will be cheaper if u book thru agencies. but for more exclusive ones like hilton, it shd be cheaper to book direct. tis is what i observed

lovelydolphin

hi ladies
happy.gif

I'm looking into Maldives 4 my honeymoon 2.
happy.gif

I'm still sourcing ard 4 infos as well lately,however seems that most of the local agencies dun really hv the ones we'r looking 4.
happy.gif

pageup

U can refer 2 UOB Credit Cards Promo 4 more,think u can redeem it wif ur pts,wif additional tops up of $1100.
as for banyan tree, u may reach the local rep direcly 4 the bookings.
from wat i know,both of them are just beachfront.seaview or sort of villas.
happy.gif

as for us,we're looking into water bungalows,anyone which are the betters water bungalows over @ Mal?
happy.gif

however, budgets are wat most of us r looking 4.-hehe!
happy.gif

smurfy

Hi maldive,

I am also planning to go Maldive in Feb next year. We make some enquires at the travel agent and they told us that the rates for next year Feb is not out yet.

I have a friend who had been there for her honeymoon. She stayed in Baros Resort and said its not bad. For water bungalows, she said must book early. But the how early is early??? rates not out yet..

maldives

hi smurfy,

yeah most agencies do not have the rates yet for feb. which resorts do u have in mind? at first, i was thinking of going to hilton, but due to budget constraint, will most prob choose barosor paradise.

A

april76

hi all, saw on newpaper, one of the agency,holidayjet, offering Taj Exotica 5d3n for $1400-water villa. The resort looks quite good on the website but the price is only til october...i'm goin in december

pageup, i'm considering other resorts cos banyan and angsana don't have water villa, i tot its really a must to stay in a water villa there, its like staying in paradise, especially those that has bathroom looking out to the ocean!!!

smurfy

Hi Maldive,

I am actually thinking of some resort with Fullboard rates. Actually looking at Paradise Resort and April's infor on $1,400 Taj Exotica is a good deal.

My friend told me to get 'Fullboard'. The things there are just so expensive. She quoted: "try to bring your own food like (tibits, biscuits, bread, can tuna, instant noodle..etc..plus Lotsa of Mineral water) cos everything is expensive..1 buffet dinner cost us about S$60+++ each..try go for full-board which includes all 3 meals bcos food N drinks is super exp there...1 bottle of
1.5L mineral water will cost you about $4.50..even their beer is cheaper than plain water"

Oh, she is going to lend me a book on maldive. I'll see what infor I can get from there.

C

c-monster

Hi all,

We are heading Maldives in Dec and would appreciate if someone can help with the following queries:

1) what is the difference between a beach bungalow, water bungalow and standard/deluxe rooms?

2) what is the difference between full and half board? What is provided for the latter?

3) North and South Male Atoll - which is better?

4) Anyone stayed in Male itself?

Thanks.

pageup

Hi April76,

Water bunglow is great, esp the water looks crystal clear over there. Yar.. what a pity banyan tree and angsana doesn't have water bunglow. But I like the private jacuzzi, which this 2 resorts offer.

Is there water bunglow with private jacuzzi facility?

thanks.

cheers

Q

qqbear

hi hi to all,

I have book from GSA travel .. a jaccuzi beachfront villa for 5D 3N trip at angsana.. by SQ and fullboard and cost $1500 per pax with extended late check out till 6pm on the last day ....

thought angsana dont have water villa but infact you have the whole beach by your self....

heard that the food in taj exotica is very indian style ....

A

april76

c-monster,
1)beach bungalow - a bungalow on the beach, water villa - a villa over water, standard room - usually in a 2-3 storey building, may not face beach?
2)Full board - Breakfast, lunch , dinner
Half board - breakfast and dinner
3&amp;4) Dunno

Pageup, i guess can't have best of both worlds...i like jacuzzi too, but think will go banyan tree bintan for it instead. But i think angsana or banyan tree in maldives would be spectacular!

qqbear, when r u leaving? Share pictures when u r back!!We r thinking of going in dec, but rates not out yet but worried that rates will go up!!!

maldives

hi qqbear,

really envy you ;p

anyway, i will wait nearer to feb before i begin booking my trip to maldives. cos asiatravel does not have hilton's rate out yet. got to compare compare a bit first before making a decision cos it's quite a lot of $$

hi april76,
tink the rates will most prob go up cos nov to apr is the peak season! be prepared!

princesslin

Hi C Monster and all,

We went to Banyan Tree in Maldives lats Dec for our HM.

Lets see if I can help with yr qns:

1) Beach bungalow or beach front villa, would be one where yr room is facing the beach and so when u open the door to step out, its the sandy beach u step on and the sea u see.
happy.gif
When we stayed in the beach front villa, we can see the beach and sea when we are on the bed and u can hear the waves and all, very relaxing.
happy.gif

water villa shld be those above the sea...../water.

standard deluxe would be those doesn't face the beach and just a chalet like room.
happy.gif

2) Full board means all meals provided and usually its buffet style, some days they offer set meals. However beverage not included. Half board means no lunch.

3) I think it depends which island/resort u wanna go, so can't say which is better.
happy.gif

4) I ám not very sure if u can stay in Male itself coz its really small.
happy.gif
And not too much to do there anyway.
happy.gif

Hi Page up,
Nope Banyan Tree doesn't offer water bungalow, but I can tell u tt the beach front jacuzzi villa is superb! one of my fave moments was dining by the beach outside the villa. with yum seafood cooked right in front of u and wine, on the beach, where u hear the waves and under the stars and with yr loved one, its one spectacular romantic night. hee hee
happy.gif

T

triciahew

hi princesslin

How much did you spend on your trip and how long were you there? How much does a simple meal cost?

princesslin

hi triciahew,

We were there for about a week in Maldives. Stayed in Banyan Tree in a deluxe jacuzzi beachfront villa (3 nights) , extended a day in oceanview jacuzzi villa and extended stay at another resort.

Altogether we spent about $8k plus, including air tickets (SQ) and full board, spa treatments (which are really really good!!!!),dining by the beach, wine, other beverage and stuffs.

If its full board, u dun have to worry abt the meal, cos the buffet spread is more than enuff!!!!! As for beverage, evian water is US $5 a bottle........

Here's a pic of one of our meals. hee hee.
30806.jpg

mexx

Hi qqbear...

$1500 for 5D3N full board/person... sounds pretty alright ! cheaper than I calculated if I buy air tickets and hotel stay separately.
Does this include airfare and the overnite stay in male cos SQ reaches male late at nite and there'll be no speedboat to the island. Does this amount include speedboat transfer ?

T

triciaew

hi princesslin

any idea if spa is expensive in maldives? what treatment did you have and how much you paid for it?

princesslin

hi triciaew

i only went to the spa at Banyan Tree. My husband and I went for several treatments thruout our stay there.

The most memorable one was the Vabbinfaru Rainmist ..........u can find out abt the pricing of other treatments and packages from the banyan tree website, www.banyantree.com.

Here are the details of the Rainmist we had which was really really good!

Spa Session: 3 hours
Single US$190
Couple US$350

Imagine the sensation of a tropical rain shower soothing you from head to toe. The aromatic RainMist Room, with its glass walls, is a spa experience in a tropical island paradise.

The session begins with an invigorating polish for the body, either with an ylang ylang salt scrub or a refreshing orange and yogurt mix. Once your senses are tickled by the rain shower, an enriching moisturizer of honey and spices restores the skin's natural balance and radiance. The body is then coated with a splash of milk after which a mist envelops you as you enjoy an aromatic steam bath lying down. Our skilled therapist will seal this experience with a signature massage, leading to a relaxed state of mind, body and soul.

Mint footbath
Choice of Body Rub (see below)
Rain Tease
Honey and Herb Soother
Nourishing Milk Splash
Aromatic Mist Bath
Rain Spell
Choice of Massage (see below)
Refreshments and relaxation

Choice of Body Rub:
Orange Yogurt Polisher
Romance Salt Glow

Choice of Massage:
Asian Blend
Essence of Earth
Balinese
Lomi Lomi
Swedish
After Sun

--------------

We also signed up for a lesson on how to massage each other. It was really good coz now we give each other massages with the techniques the therapist taught us. Its a 1 therapist to 1 couple session. shld go learn. hee hee
happy.gif

D

daphne79

wow... maldives is sure expensive! How much does a meal cost? Is it buffet style or ala carte?

C

c-monster

Some resorts only offer half board or worse, bed &amp; breakfast. Read somewhere that a simple meal costs about US$50 per person. Really?

If the resort does offer full board, would I risk missing a meal should I be out somewhere (ie. island hopping)?

princesslin

Hi C- monster, it depends on where u eat and what u eat....i guess.....and which island u are on.

The buffet spread at Banyan Tree offers such a wide choices of dishes , that u can eat breakfast, then go island hopping and miss lunch, and still not feel hungry when u are back for dinner.

We missed a few meals, sometimes deliberately coz we are still not hungry yet. hee hee.

Dun think u need to worry abt food, its the drinks tt costs, they dun serve iced water, if u want water, u will have to buy Evian at US$5 per bottle.

bonjon

Hi gals,

I'll love to Maldives for honeymoon. Care to share the package that you are paying with me? Any recommendation for accom, water sport, good food?

april1976

princesslin, does banyan tree provides water in the villas for its guests? going there for 3N and want to be prepared. wat about the activities there? variety?expensive?

still considerin to extend our trip at banyan or not cos its pretty ex even for 1 nite...which other resort did u go? Good? Thanks!!

mexx

hi all,

just came back from maldives. quite a relaxing trip, the sea there is really clear. Stayed at 2 different resorts, laguna n banyan tree.

laguna is not bad but one major complaint is the strong smell of diesel on most parts of the island. food is pretty alright and the rooms are decent enough.

banyan tree was great. very good service and nice big villas w jacuzzi. island's very small and there's nothing much to do... so think 4D3N would be sufficient else might get bored. They do provide 2 500ml bottles of mineral water everyday, for meals, if you want water, it's US$5 for Evian.

Angsana seems nice too... it is near Banyan tree and there is a ferry service between the 2 islands.

To all those considering Maldives for honeymoon, it is definitely a nice place to go for honeymoon if u just want to relax, listen to the waves, do some sea sports. No shopping though.
We had a good time there.

bonjon

Hi Gem,

Great to hear that you had enjoyed yourself there. Care to share your photo? Me might be considering to go there for honeymoon. Hb wants to go fishing.

How much did you spend for trip (airticket and accomodation )? Full board?

mexx

hi bonjon,

I spent about $5-6k for 5 nites in the 2 resorts. we booked during Natas fair, so it was cheaper. The amount above includes all our expenses there except for souvenirs (not much to buy anyway). It also includes a 2 hr spa session at banyan tree.

daphne

allo,

i just came back from club med faru. so can only comment on that...
it is a pretty basic set up. the rooms are not luxurious, no tv, no phone. however your rooms faces the beach front so it is almost like your own beach resort. very quiet, relaxing. excellent if you are keen on water sports.. water and beach are fantastic !

both hubby and myself love it cos it is really quiet and relaxing. the day schedule is eat, sleep, swim, zzz, eat etc... wonderful if you just want to lounge the whole day