Maldives

cc2

Hi Oraia,

Soneva Sili is equally nice too. Hilton is good too! Saw the pic on the glass panel, cool manzzz... when I just came back from maldives.. i just stare the book every nite. Inside the book, there have some very nice resorts which I din came across throughout my search for resorts.

oraia

hi cc2,

think i must go and do more research. tt book u bot is not available in singapore, is it?
hmmm.. shall go browse the bookstores.
happy.gif

do u think it's too kiasu if i book in june for a dec date? hehehe.

eternity

starfruit,
would very much like to see your pictures... can share??

CC2,
yah i saw pictures on the Hilton resort as well... *drool*
happy.gif

which book did u get? i tried looking around and there seems to be limited books on maldives resorts... i hope to look for one with house reef as well....
happy.gif

cc2

Hi oraia,

Not sure if this book is available in SG. It’s quite ex but thot it will come in handy if I choose to go there again for holiday. The book which I got is called Resorts in Maldives.

U r definitely not KS to book a date for dec. I thot I could take my own sweet time to choose the resort which I want to stay in but to my surprise most of the resorts were fully booked for the period which I’m going and in the end I stayed at a resort which is not really my 1st choice. Nonetheless, it’s quite a nice resort to stay in!

Hi eternity,

Ya… Hilton rooms are very nice but ex too. The book which I got is called “Resorts in Maldives”.

starfruit

Hi Eternity:

no problem. if u dun mind passing me ur email. i can send u the pics.
happy.gif

There is a difference between going for a resort with house reef and one without. If u r the following:

Non-diver: House reef are for non-divers because u can just walk right out from the beauch to it. U can also snorkel there easily. However, resort without house reef does not necessary mean that u cannot snorkel cos they will have smaller coral patches all around the island for you to do ur leisure snorkelling. Moreover, all resorts offer boat snorkelling trips that are FOC to the guest. U can just register with the front desk and hop on they will bring u to the bigger snorkelling spot further out at sea.

Diver: House reef its even better if u r a diver cos they allow u to dive in these house reef without a guide. If u want to dive and ur resort do not have a house reef, all their dives will be boat dives. The disadvantage to this is that the dive operator will have a daily schedule on the dives they will take per day (usually 2 timming) and if u miss it or if the boat is full, u will not be able to go. But of cos since its a boat dive, they will bring u to some of the quite fantatsic diving spot around the island which is only accessible via boat.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

starfruit

Hi oraia,

Ya best to bring ur own water, if u forget or u feel u didn't bring enuff, u can buy at the Male airport. Its cheaper there as compared to the resorts.

The reason i DIY was beause the travel agent was not able to give me the resort i wanted. And because i DIY, the price might not be as attractive as those given by the agency.

oraia

hi cc2,

thanks! tts what i thought too.. better quickly decide and "chope" a date for my choice resort hehehe. *so kiasu* ;p

shall look ard for the book u mentioned. hope i find it.
happy.gif

hi starfruit,

thanks!
happy.gif
i think i shall cart alot of water there hehehehe... sounds quite funny.
is tap water there safe for boiling and drinking? i assume not?

if u don't mind, can i take a look at ur pics too? which resort did u stay at?
[email protected]

momoechan

hi starfruit
thanks for sharing about the weather in nov and about house reefs. hee hee, we've been lazy, never really do any research and i'm solely relying on experiences of previous travellers.

can i have a look at your pix as well? my email is [email protected], thanks
happy.gif

For those interested in going to Maldives in Nov and Dec and still waiting for the package tto be out, I would suggest you book the air tickets first. Tried to book tickets for Dec but the cheaper fares are already fully booked.

joycelyn_chia

ya but i suggest u go by SQ. I jus came back from there. Went to medhufushi resort. very nice place wif gd food. Can see baby shark etc. Tour package is $3.6k halfboard by SQ... try to take a tour in their city-Male.. very nice (town) and gd place to shop for sourvenirs... oso nice food there too. the city tour include dinner.

nana1977

I will be going in August for 15 days and all excited about it! Will be hopping around at least 10 islands, enjoying the sun, snokering, diving!

I booked my air ticket at $600 exclude taxes.

happy.gif

dyeo

Hi Nana,

Sorry me new in the tread... (always in BS & Banquet)..
Now , planning honeymoon... we tot of going Maldives/ Mauritius/ ...resort area in DEC04.

Hm.... S$600 is a good deal.Care to share with me? Accomodation wise, how?

mexx

try booking during natas in sep. there are usually very good discounts there.

stayed in banyan tree & another resort... Laguna. big difference in the quality of accomodation and service. banyan tree experience is really good
happy.gif

they don't have over water bungalows though

nana1977

Hi Sotong,
$600 is only for the air tickets (exclude taxes) and I booked through Zuji.com with min 2 to go, SIA airlines.

My accom are arranged by a Maldivian friend in dormitories and not resorts, thus spend lesser due to his help.

tri

hi all

intending to go to maldives for my honeymoon... been researching but realise that rates for next march/april not out yet... anyone knows what season is it considered to be? low, mid, regular, or high? rainy or dry?

considering 4 seasons water bungalows or hilton after hearing about the glass paneled thingy...

should i try to book during natas fair? next one will be 24-26 sept @ suntec.....

jam

hi all,

we're seriously considering going Maldives for honeymoon. thinking of staying in banyan tree. but got a bit worried when we hear that they do not provide tv in the room! is that true?

well, considering we're the kind of pple who don't mind leaving the tv on until we fall asleep, think better to have a tv in the room lor. any knows if there are other good & romantic hotels in maldives that provide tv?

many tks!

jam

hi pageup,

thanks for the info! sounds like u had a gd time in maldives =)

can i just check with you from which travel agent did you book your package? cos i checked the Holiday Tours website, it offers a package at Taj Coral Reef Resort. is that the same as the one you recommended?

Thks!

pageup

Hi Jam,

taj exotica is different resort from taj coral reef though they are both under Taj group.
I'm not sure if Taj coral reef is nice but our stay at taj exotica was so good that we don't like coming home.
happy.gif

We booked our package with UOB travel planner

jam

hi pageup,

thanks for the info! realised u posted the photos on this thread before. the photos are so beautiful!!

have finally found a few other agencies that provide Taj Exotica (think UOB doesn't have this anymore...). realise it's on the higher end, but FH says if it's so good, then it's worth it =)

btw, can i check if the package at Taj Exotica is full board? If not, is the food in the hotel expensive? since have to settle all 3 meals in the hotel rite?

Thks very much!

pageup

Hi Jam,

Yup yup. I'm no professional photographer and I don't know how to touch up photos, so what you see on the photos is exactly what it is like over there
happy.gif

Our package is only half board i.e only breakfast is being served. The meals there aren't cheap, we spent an average of US$50 to 60 per dinner for 2... but their serving were quite generous.

What we did is to have very heavy breakfast so that we can skip lunch.I remembered for our first breakfast there, we ate so much that we can't finish the bowl of complimentary breads and pastries.. they volunteered to tabao and send it to our room. We were so embarassed after that. Oh by the way, all their meals come with these complimentary breads
lol.gif

If you are keen on Taj Exotica, I recommend lagoon villa. Avoid the beach villa and deluxe lagoon. The former lack of privacy because unless u have your curtain drawn, anybody can walk by can see what you are doing your villa. The latter look nice from outside, but I felt that it is rather dangerous to swim there.

jam

hi pageup,

thanks so much for sharing! the lagoon villa looks really nice from your photo (i like the view from the bathroom, and my FH likes the fact that the exit from ur room is into the water directly!). though i'm not a good swimmer, will definitely try to go for that!

yah, US$50 - 60 sounds quite expensive (noted the pt abt complimentary bread though =P). btw, do you have other choices if you don't wanna have ur dinner in the hotel? now we are hoping can get some good deals at the Natas fair... shall keep you updated of our decision =)

pageup

Hi Jam,

It is quite inconvenient to travel out of the island of the resort for meals. I think the boat ride to Male takes about 1/2 hr.

Don't worry about not able to swim.. as long you stay within the house reef, the water are generally calm and very shallow.
Once in a while, you will find some big bright blue color fishes swimming pass the villa, but they were too fast for me to touch them.
happy.gif

lokera

Hi,
Would like to visit Maldives in Oct...
Did anyone went to Club Rhannali? Saw some packages that the hotel provides full board which I guess will save us a lot right?
So anyone can give me comments on the above resort or any resort to recommend?

jam

Hi sincere,

Really sorry, I haven't booked yet as my honeymoon will only be in March next year. But am thinking of going to the Natas Fair to take a look. If there are any good deals, may book it there...

art1

Hi Champ

Although I hv nt been to Club med Kani... but my friend had. Its great pl especially if u like sea sports n love the water. Food is nice... everyday seafood
happy.gif

Actually me also plan to go there, but due to time constraint, we are going to Club Med Bintan
happy.gif

Cheers
happy.gif

nana1977

Hi,
I just returned from Maldives.

Went to Fun Island and Meeru Island

Fun Island (South Male Atoll)
- 45mins
- Chalet Style like East Coast
- Fine and White Sand
- Rich House Reef

Meeru
- 30 mins
- Resort Style (Few category)
- Not much house Reef (Not fun Snorkelling)
- Very relax and friendly environment

Depending on what you are looking at, for me, I prefer snorkelling, Fun island is really great.

I went to some residential island for visiting as well such as Male, Hulhumale, Villingini etc

Hope its useful.

sincere

Hi there, anyone out there care to share which online site you used to book resorts in Maldives? I found quite a few but not sure which are secure & reliable.
Btw, I've just booked SQ flight in December at SGD700 + 102 (airport tax).

Cheers...

sincere

Hi starfruit,

Hope you are still reading this thread. Could you pls share with me your pics taken in Maldives?
I am now shortlisting the resorts island and Medhufushi in one in my list.

My email: [email protected]

Thank u so much.

crayonshinchan

hi chamonique,

i am planning to stay at Faru oso bcos they offer one dive per day.. i think its quite worth it.

Wonder anyone has stayed there??

xixi

Hi Everyone,

hmmm Maldives and Mauritius sounds great... My honeymoonn is around end October.. dunno if the weather will be fine then...

How long must we travel to get to Maldives or Mauritius

art1

Hi Felicia

I also thinking to go honeymoon at Mauritius Clud Med E/Oct.

Travel time is about 7hrs including time diff, if i did not remember wrongly.

Waiting for Natas...
Cheers
happy.gif

starmed

Hi

I've booked my honeymoon thru net n will be staying at Taj Coral Reef.. Just like to know from anyone who's been there, how's the place like? Also got my air tics liao... $600 per pax.. exclude airport tax... (think it's the promo thingy...min 2 to go) me going in mar 05...

zann

hi kokopooh,

i also thinking is quite cheap but perhaps cos she hasnt add accommodation...my gf just went maldives recently...3 night package extend one night...one night extension cost her 1.2k+...in all for 4 nights, she spent 6.5k+...ex right! ops forgot to mention is for 2 persons
happy.gif

Think she stayed in Taj Exotica...nice place nice scenery!!

starmed

hi kokopooh
yup.. zann's right.. it's only air tics... my accom not included. anyway got the tics from SIA's internet..was already a Krisflyer with them so get to book on net.. u can join them for free...
happy.gif
no worries..

hi silver
my accom's I also booked thru the net... direct with the Taj hotels & resorts group... so no agencies b/w us... all done by self.. I've calculated that if we book thru direct... it's cheaper than thru travel agencies. at least total of one hundred cheaper... (hee done my homework)
biggrin.gif
I even went on net n enquire thru internet travel agencies... still slightly more ex than booking direct. though those on the net ones offer is cheaper that what Chane Bros or Fascinating Holidays...

ok my accom for one night is US340 per night with breakfast n tax all included... n bear in mind I took the lagoon villa so it's more ex... think the beach front ones r US250 or 280... can't remember. Also if u r on honeymoon, just inform the resort.. they'll know what to do... give u what champagne lah...I find it's more convenient to go direct... if u want i can give u the resort address.

u can email direct if u want... just state u want to enquire about rates.. so far I find their reply very prompt...
happy.gif

here's their email address direct...
[email protected]

starmed

oh ya u guys have to remember the total cost for accom is for two pax... so if u calculate... one pax for a night is US175 so it's defintely cheaper than u go direct to agencies..
bounce.gif

zann

starstar,

US340 per night is so much cheaper than my gf's 1.2k+ per night!! but i wonder is taj coral reef rate abt same as taj exotica? maybe mail and ask them heehee

starmed

Hi zann
Just for info Taj Exortica n Coral reef are two diff resort under the same management. Taj Exortica is more ex... I've also check their price as it was one of my choice resort bef settling for Coral Reef. It's abt US640 for the lagoon villa... inclu taxes n breakfast... hope this'll solve your queries..
happy.gif

zann

starstar,

do understand they below to same company. Taj Exotica is one of the best in maldives. Thanks for the info!
happy.gif

ekiror

Anyone been to Taj Exotica as well?
Me going next month...any advise? What to look out for? What to eat? what to do?
Any idea?

How about Baros? Anyone been there?