Maldives

ah_faith

Wu> Wow wont your toddler's presence lessen the 'romantic mood'? kekeke! Be careful when u are there with ur son coz I remember young kids are also more prone to mozzie bites!

My friend was kidding abt the Tsunami season, hahaha! He was like amazed how come such a big price difference comparing April and May hahaha!

My first choice is Hilton, follow by Olhuveli. So far have yet to find another villa that I like, in terms of water villa and rates. =\

Among the 3 resorts u visited, which is the best? *I'm guessing u're gonna say Conrad, no?* I always like having a dark tan but as my wedding's ard the corner, I refused to go swimming as I'm afraid of uneven tan lines.. =(

I will only be visiting Maldives once, I guess. Much as the place is so beautiful, I am probably gonna set aside future holiday funds for other countries coz I've so many places in mind that I wanna travel to. Also, I am already foreseeing that my Maldives trip is gonna be a real fantastic one which I wont want to risk losing this memory of the place, if I were to make a second trip which may offer lesser than expectations. Hence, one and only trip to Heaven-on-Earth is good enough for me. =)

Pat> This trip to Maldives' my honeymoon trip. Initially I thought of going to Europe too but gave up that thought coz too many newly wedded couples are flocking to Europe for their honeymoon. And I dont really want to be packed in a tight schedule in my honeymoon trip, like waking up early and knocking out early during the night due to hectic schedule during the day time... Another reason I wanna go Maldives is becoz since I'm still young, can go there and wear bikiniS! Hahaha coz I believe I can visit Europe when I'm much older and financially capable (coz my friends bought many many branded bags from their Europe trip which I cant afford when my wedding's just over and gonna collect the keys to my new house nxt yr.) I think the expenditures in Europe is less predictable than Maldives coz I may shop a lot in Europe but in Maldives, there's nothing much to shop except the spa services. Just wanna relax in Maldives with no worries, just this trip. XD

Nvertheless, the choice is yours mah. I just gave my 2 cents worth of thoughts. =)

ryo

Hi Faith... Nah... now with kids, it add up to another kind of Mood. Parenthood is as fun too.
happy.gif

Oh yes.. I got a shock on the rates as well. Try comparing Dec/Jan with May-July, even more shock. Ha.

You are good in ur research... and I reckon those 2 are really reasonably good water villa at that rates. But I guest Hilton is a better choice.. USD287 per nite is unheard off, and with really good size villa and amenities... Olhuveli looks dated, and their WV range from 45SQM onwards.. That's really small though. hmmm..Maybe take a look at the following resort as well:-

1)Beach House Maldives (WV starts at about USD443) Need domestic flight up north
2)Velassaru Maldives (Water Bungalow ~ USD413), Speed boat, Previously know as Laguna), looks pretty chic after refurbised

Hmm... each resort that I went got it's pro n cons...share with u some photos as well for ur reference. The beauty of Maldives brought me back again n again. I would also like to visit other many beautiful places, but I'm plain lazy to walk and rush for places, so watching discovery channel will do for now. Thus a resort is a ideal place for us to spent holiday and just relax (just as u said, dun need to buy things ie bags... HAAAA.)

Conrad
Pros:-
I simply love the Sunset water villa at Conrad, which I spent 3 nites in it. A special upgrade package for us then...beach villas are huge and private and conrad amenities and facilities, seasports etc. It chic and lots of space with 2 huge islands.
Plentiful restaurants and good food.
Cons:- A bit too rowdy at times at the beach villa island... house reef practically non existence. Expensive special dinner.
http://ryonpepper.multiply.com/photos/album/30/Hilton_Maldives_2005_Enhanced_Version
http://ryonpepper.multiply.com/photos/album/2

Mirihi(means little yellow flower)
Pros:- A very small quiet 4stars resort, only 36 rooms. Feels like we own the place... kampong feels reminds me of my childhood(really good feeling) Love the food over there esp lobster n lamb chop, and very private WV due to it's design. Sunbath there naked too. Haaa... no tan lines.
happy.gif
Just becareful of seaplane flying over. One of the best house reef just door steps away where your pet fishes greets u every morning...house reef practically surrounds the island and lots of fishes. Nice beach with white and powdery sand. Best Spa experience in Maldives, skillful Balinese massage.

cons:- no swimming pool nor bath tub in room. limited restaurant, only 2 plus 1 bar(but I survive there for 8 nites). ppl always pumping sand from sea to the sand bank due to erosion...Water villa getting more n more ex even since I recommend alot of ppl to go. Sianx.
http://ryonpepper.multiply.com/photos/album/8/Maldives_2006_Mirihi_Resort
http://ryonpepper.multiply.com/photos/album/19/Mirihi_Maldives_2006_Album_2_Enhanced_version

W REtreat & Spa

Pros:- Super small island. Lovely ocean villa with huge sundeck with plunge pools. Free drinks(coke, milo etc) n Ice-cream(Magnum) around the island... no limit to take(I probably ate more than 20 magnum during my 8nites stay). The most comfy award winning super king size bed that simply wraps around ur body. Bose surround HiFi system inside and even outside ur villa. House reef is super healthy surround almost half the island, and there's a resident turtle over there. Lots of fishes!! Nice food(esp the BBQ) and unique whatever/whenever concept while u order food.

Cons:- Super small island( can be pros also). Expensive food at FISH restaurant which serves seafood(2 prawns cost me USD20++). Spa experience not so nice(not skillful enuff also) and room is too bright for spa. Beach villa 2nd floor literally not used during our stay. No house reef around the water villa.. thus no pet fishes.
http://ryonpepper.multiply.com/photos/album/53/W-resort_Spa_Maldives_2008
http://ryonpepper.multiply.com/photos/album/54/W-Resort_Spa_Maldives_2008

Do budget well in Maldives also... cos if u opt for special dinner/excursion, the extra cost can be ex as well. Ooo... there're branded shop in Conrad as well u know...
happy.gif

HAve fun and have a happy new year !!
happy.gif

mooncloud

Wah... The thread so happening suddenly. Ha... Was busy clearing work in the last few days of the year. Procrastinate coz went on hols. Ha...

Wu> Pop by Maldives on the way to Europe??? Ha... Sounds very familar leh. Think someone mention to mr before also. Who huh??? Tsk tsk.

I like your description of mirihi. But I will die without my bathtub. Sigh. Can they revamp the room and put a bathtub there? Ha...

Pat> go with your heart. See which place u are pining for more. If your points are enuff, try what wu suggest? Prob can redeem sg to male, Europe to sg, then just get a one way flight from male to Europe? I dun had pts to redeem. Soone way flights for such an itinerary can kill me. I will end up sleeping on the roadside in male. Pay airticket already no money left. Ha...

Faith> wu helped me a lot in my planning. Good thing he's back. So he can offer good advice. Hilton's room is big. Dun worry. Both my hubby and I were playing catching. Ha... But I did look at velassaru during my research coz the rooms look good too. Wanted to save on seaplane and pay for room. But during my trip it was too exp. Just for consideration. ;)

Happy new yr in advance to all of u! May all your beautiful trips come true!!! Ha...

ah_faith

Wu> Your photos are very well taken! So enticing!!!! They look good enough to advertise! I shall probably explore my photography skills when I'm there since there'll be lots of free time! hehehe

I haven think of having kids at the moment and dont really want to think far till parenthood yet. Probably 2 more yrs then shall start planning for a family. =)

I did research on Velassaru and it is quite comparable to the two I have shortlisted. But because its website is not user-friendly so I din really go further from there. =x

I also came across W hotel from the past threads in this forum and I quite like the two-storey villas. Kinda interesting as most others i've seen were just one single storey. W Hotel's so huge! But their prices are very steep that I dont think I can afford it. =S Else, this will also be shortlisted.

My hubby & I love spa and massages but dont think we will spend a lot on the services though... Probably lazing around the island or in our villa will be enough to keep us entertained the whole day due to the glorious view. \(^.^)/

Lol I cant afford for branded stuff at the moment leh... coz need to set aside funds for renovations and furniture.. =( So must have strong determination to curb luxury expenditures! And since Conrad's underwater restaurant's closed, I don think I will go to Conrad since it's prices are steep. I'm rather price sensitive though. =S

Anyway, Happy New Year to every one here and I shall definitely share the good news once I make the bookings! Yay~

ryo

Yo Christie, Haha... year end more free ma... so always come back here talk loh. By the start of next year, sure busy again liao.
sad.gif

The ugly truth about bathtub... actually it's full of bacteria hor... probably as many as the toilet bowl. HA. Saw it on some documentary. :p However, the dirtiest thing around would be Computer keyboard... as no one would bother to clean the keyboard.
Errr.... so far no new about any refurbishment in Mirihi. The villas are in good condition though. Yes, a bath or jacuzzi would be nice. I would also want a bigger balcony too.
happy.gif

Faith> Nah... just take for fun. I took 8000 photos during my 2006 trip, with my 1st DSLR, alot of the photos are crap. Shoot more and you'll be better.
happy.gif

Take it easy... enjoy couplehood 1st. My days are over, so enjoy to the fullest before starting a family.
Haaa.. I cannot afford also, just spent most of my saving loh, and save again. But now is saving period for us liao, no more expensive tour.

If u opt for velassaru, you'll save on the seaplane and pay for the difference in room rates. about USD130 diff between Hilton/Velassaru. But as u say, if going there once, seaplane flight will be interesting though.

Yeah... the beauty of Maldives will awe you liao.. dun need other thingy. U know alot of Ang mo actually go there for say 3 weeks and read books by the beach or swimming pool?Early Morning they will chop the place for whole day. :p

Yeah.. I know what u meant, need to curb the buying thingy.. but be prepared, Spa and excursion are ex too. Need to budget properly.
Wha.. u really into underwater restaurant thingy? Becos it's close u strike Conrad out from ur list ah.....kekeke. Eh serious, Conrad got other interesting things other than that restaurant. They got a spa village that do spa, restaurant that serves healthy food(probably organic?), lots of sea sports to do, a library, gym facing the sea etc...

Seriously, if you can Dive, opt for diving over there in Maldives, or go for a intro course, it'll be more interesting than staying in the undersea restaurant.
happy.gif

There's another resort call the Huvafenfushi, quite ex resort as well and they have a underwater Spa room.
happy.gif
FYI.

CheerS!... see u folks next year!

ah_faith

Happy New Year babes,

Wah 8,000 pics! I'm sure my camera will be laggy as hell! I will probably bring along a laptop for my trip so I can upload some photos into it so as to save space on my camera. There's complimentary internet access in Hilton if I'm not wrong. =D

Ang Mos are so rich lor, can afford to go to a high class library for 3 weeks! Goodness, that's really like living in heaven! No worries for 3 weeks... Bet they dont even need to worry post Maldives...

I first saw the underwater restaurant through my research and I was immediately attracted to it! It's so awesome and never seen before! And I found that it was under Conrad and did check out the prices and it's definitely overpriced... =( I striked Conrad out coz of the $$. Really cant afford to go for so expensive when I can go there with a comfortable budget in a comfortable Hilton =) Have to save up for my BTO coz dont wanna end up with huge debts post wedding/honeymoon....

I shall check out the resorts u recommend... Till now, still no signal from hubby that I can proceed to book the trip. =S Hopefully before March I can get a confirmation. Wish me luck! XD

ryo

Happy new year folks... ;)

Hi Faith, yeah, just bring ur notebook, able to surf net there, and upload instant photos for your friends to view. Ha.

It'pretty norm over there in Maldives. I went about 7-nites each trip. When I reach there, saw the same angmo at the swimming pool reading books. on my last day during departure, they are still there. Faint.

IMHO, Conrad rates is not overpriced for that quality and amenities. I would think it's just right. Off cos if u compare what I paid during 2005(Post Tsunami), it's only USD150++ for beach villa and USD250++ for deluxe one. It's 3 times the rates now. If u compare to alot of other 4stars resort, Conrad is still considered really good deal. However the Hilton now offer a price that is unbeatable... and for that rates I would also go for it. If not for my new born kid, I would have gone there in the year 2009. I had since recommended a friend to Hilton, who went there in 2009, becos of the affordable rates.

yeah, understand what you all are going through... now the flats are ex. everything is much affordable during my time when we got the flat... HDB price is ridiculous now.

Normally u can still wait becos Mid May ~ July consider low season and the take up rate is slower... but try to book at least 3 months in advance to ensure availability.

Very best of luck to you!!
happy.gif

patndrew

Happy New Year!!!!!

has been busy but still reading.....

Ah Faith, go during off peak, not much diff on weather, $$$ alot diff!!!

mooncloud

Faith> yup.. go during off peak bah.. can save more...

Wu> guess wat? Ha.. my hubby was free during work today and he used his office pc to surf on Maldives photos!! Wahaha.. i was blur when he ask me if there was another hilton. After a while then i ask him if it was conrad rangali. Then he say 'yah... rangali... tat island very nice hor'... I was even more blur coz i wondering how come he noe.. Only when he say he surf then i was stunned. Ha.. first time i hear him looking at photos loh. Tsk tsk... Just showed my sis in law the maldives photos. She also feel like gg. Ha.. too bad her bubby say he will get bored there.

Now i also getting busy le... So never post much here as well...

ryo

Christie>.... ur hubby is getting "poison" liao. Wahahaha.
happy.gif

most hubby use bored as reason, but my "research" told me it's all about money. wahahaha....
There's so much thing to do over there in maldives, the only concern is money. If I got money, I can do Sea safari tour(island-hopping trip), I wanna to go diving at more of the dive spot(or for those who dun have license, go for a open water dive course there). I would go for Robinson Crusoe trip....I would enjoy spa everyday, I would have special dinner every nite, I would like to learn catarmaran, wind/kite surfing, jetski, glassbottom boat ride, Sports fishing, Do yoga, Gym, bring my telescope there to star gaze.... the list go On n On n On n On....how can one be bored?? kekekek..... but all these things cost money.

So there's a chance for u to visit conrad liao eh?? Ok lah.. got time then post, things still pretty quiet here at my side, probably CNY is near, and everyone is still in the mood.
happy.gif

Cheers Folks!
happy.gif

persianahcat

hi all,

i had just booked my Maldives trip and the resort i choose was Hilton Irufushi Beach and spa Resort . I would like to know more from ppl who had been to the resort before. Thank you

joycelyn2011

Hi All,

I'll most prolly get married by Jan 2012. Date not booked et. ;p Was thinking to go Maldives for honeymoon.. Which is the best time to go with good weather and not so ex as to not to burn a hole in our pockets? ;p And hilton is good?
happy.gif

ryo

Hi Joycelyn,

good choice in choosing Maldives as a HM location.
There are probably over 100 resort/hotel in Maldives for you to choose. Hilton Irufushi is a pretty good choice as it's now managed by Hilton. Firstly, It's good to have a budget for the trip, so that folks over here are able to help you on saving money, and planning for the trip.
happy.gif

Cost that you would want to budget in includes SQ flight returns, Resort stay per nite basis(including food), Transfer within Maldives thru Speedboat/seaplane or internal flight, and not forgetting the daily expenses that might includes spa,excursion, fine dining, seasports etc.
The low season(AKA cheapest period) to go is during Mid May ~ Mid July. The rates will shoot up to 2-3X towards year end.
Weather in Maldives is rather unpredictable...at times there'll be passing showers, and even storm.

I've been to Maldives for 3 times, during the period of July, weather was generally good, with occasional shower, and I'm able to get a very good Tan during the trip.

Hilton Irufushi is currently quite affordable, and the rates was kept low after it took over from the previous owner. The additional cost involves a seaplane transfer to irufushi is a must., and will cost up to USD400 per pax return. other than that, you'll need to have a overnite stay in Male(capital island) or airport hotel if u choose to take SQ nite flight.

What activities you couple would like to have in Maldives, sea sports, spa, excursion etc? different resort offers various type of activities. Generally, a 5 stars resort would include most of the activities...unlike a 3-4stars one.
Do you like a less crowded resort(good for couple rather than family). Some resort there are so call Mass-market type. It'll be rather rowdy.

Jan 2012 is consider a long time, and you'll have alot of time to plan for the trip!
happy.gif

joycelyn2011

Hi ryo,

Thank you so much for your info! Appreciate it very much!

Is Hilton Rangali nice? The one where i saw in your pics with glass fooring below the sofa??? Super cool..! Which one is nicer Hilyon Rangali or Hilton Irufushi? Which one is more less crowded/ For couple time? ;p

SQ has morning flights now rite??
happy.gif
But seaplane USD400??? Supeer exx...
sad.gif

But from Jan to May quite a long wait to go for my HM yar.... Wanna go straight after... :p

Hmmm...what do you meant by excursion? Hiking? ;)

Currently planning for wedding too.... So many things to plannn.... X)

ryo

Hi Joycelyn,

Hilton Rangali is now Conrad Rangali... they rebrand it and it becomes more expensive.

A couple of the forum folks here went to Rangali as well... I would say it is probably the top 10 resort in Maldives, if not better.
The pros of conrad is lots of space... with 2 big island joined by a 500metres bridge(Impressive structure). cons is you'll have alot of walking if u wanna to visit places.
I've not been to Irufushi but I would say it's probably equally nice in terms of the sand, sea & sun.. HA
happy.gif

Conrad sure have much more amenities, in terms of room choices, restaurant and other activities. Yeah the one with glass flooring is the sunset water villa I stayed in.... special rates though.

Yep... SQ got morning flights. I reckon that they'll have another promos during the May period, as usual. probably will cost about S$700 vs the current about $900.

Seaplane is a must if u haven try it before... Especially if you fly during the noon time... It's really an eye opening experience.!

Hahaha... no hiking in Maldives. The highest ground on Maldives is probably a few metres high..The buildings are basically build on sand patches/dead corals.
Excursion includes fishing, snorkelling, sailing, sport fishing, glass boat trip, Island Hop-ping, sunset/sunrise sailing etc etc.... these are extras.

yeah.. it's a long wait from Jan to Mid May... but the price diff is pretty significant. Mid May you can opt to go for more days with the same price as compare to high/shoulder season.

Maldives is a unique place. I reckon Rangali or Irufushi... except for meal time, you'll probably hardly see the crowd. Most will be hiding in the rooms... and most resort do have villas for privacy(such as Rangali).

If you really wants privacy, more ex resort are able to meet that but it's really ex. Places such as Shangrila, One & only, Soneva Gili, Four season, Banyan tree madivaru, Naladhu, W resort&Spa, huvafenfushi.

A cheaper alternatives for lesser rooms resort would be Mirihi and islandhideaway.

If u want less crowd..Try to avoid mass market resort that are advertised in the paper such as Bandos,sheraton, holiday island, paradise island, kuredu etc..
Not that they are not good, but these resort are larger and you'll get all sorts of traveller. However, I would say they shld be equally good in terms of the sand, sun and sea.
happy.gif

Yeah... I know the hassle of wedding planning... you'll be alright!
happy.gif

persianahcat

I am excited of going to Maldives.. it had been a childhood dream of mine to be able to be there in my life time.

I had booked my airticket and resort by myself and hope everything goes well.

Maldives Irufushi is required to take the air plane. Though i know that is expensive but still i guess once in a lifetime. Must give it a try.

;)

ryo

Hi PersianCat,

Enjoy your trip... it'll be a memorable one.. you soon you will want to revisit again n again.
happy.gif

Cheers!

joycelyn2011

Hi PersianCat,

Am excited for you too! It was my dream since young too! Looking at the beautiful pictures..... AWESOME!!! Hope you both enjoy yourselves!

How much did you paid for how many days?

Hi Ryo,

Thank you so so soooo much for your info! Really appreciate it very much!

So no more hilton Rangali, only Conrad Rangali?
sad.gif
More ex yar....

You were saying the cost of $700 vs the current $900. May I knoe what is this rate for? Seaplane? Price is per pax or per couple?
happy.gif

The excursions are included or extra cost?

Meal time no crowd? Thay don't eat???? hahaha

Which website should i go to book the honeymoon package?

Thank you once again! :D

Smiles,
Joycelyn

ryo

Hi Joycelyn,

Haa... just call me Wu. Ryo is my Doggie name ...kekek..

Yep. It's Conrad Rangali now. However, no much has change as this is resort is pretty new, practically rebuild in 2005. The has creep up after name change, but it came down recently. The cheapest room now is about USD360 per nite/room, a 150sqm big beach villa.. drop from the high of USD600++.

The $700 vs current $900 is the SQ flight return to/fro SGP/Maldives, per pax. Seaplane is around USD400 return per pax to Conrad. Depends on which resort, some will be cheaper based on resort/distance.

Yup, all others are extra cost except Room with breakfast for 2.

haaa... Meal time is when crowd comes out from nowhere, especially dinner and breakfast.
Lunch normally less becos most have eaten full enough during the breakfast to skip lunch! Save money eh.
happy.gif

Currently, the cheapest one is from Agoda. you can do some research on the resort in the website. I use to book from www.mal-dives.com(Impex), but since they are getting ex, I'll only do my research using their webby. Some forum folks book from holidaytours(singapore). HOwever I find they have hidden cost such as fuel surcharge and taxes...
For Agoda and impex, you'll need to book your SQ flight separately, unlike holidaytours(comes with SQ flight).

For Maldives, normally we'll talk about package for 2, becos it charges per room per nite basis.
Take for example Conrad beach villa 5 nites(bed n breakfast, SQ flight return and seaplane flight, you.
Package for 2(low season):-
SQ flight:- about S$2000
Seaplane:- about S$1000
Conrad 5 nites beach villa - about S$3230 (price just went up by S$1k as we speak...probably due to low USD)

So you are looking at about S$6230 for 5 nites during low season. Shoulder/high season you should be looking at room rates easily 1.5-2X or even 3X the room rates.. depends on where u booked from.

For meals, I can survive on about less than S$100 per day. Excursion can cost from S$50 per pax onwards. So you are probably looking at about S$4k min per person for conrad.
Hilton irufushi beach villa, you're probably looking at about half the price of Conrad beach villa... where you'll get smaller rooms(125sqm) and probably less expansive rooms(conrad beach villa got very very high ceiling for the bed room).

hope I've not confuse you.... but it shld be about S$8k you need to save for a reasonably comfortable trip in a reasonable resort. off course you can get it at a lesser price at a lesser resort(i.e. cheaper and nearby that do not need seaplane transfer). But hey... it's your honeymoon. You need to be treated as kings n Queens at least for once!
happy.gif

Set a budget that you're comfortable, I'll then walk u thru on which resort to choose.

Cheers!

Wu

persianahcat

Hi jOcelyn,

I had booked my air ticket for 2 at $1800

As for my hotel i book from www.agoda.com i am going for 5 days 4 nights that the hotel cost about $3k with daily breakfast.I had booked for the Water Villa as many were saying u can jus snokel once out from the room. * Excited* I did not book for halfboard of full board as many were saying that the cost of eating at the restuarant is the amount paid to the halfboard. But i get to try differ restuarant daily. The hotel booking includes the seaplane already.

I went to Natas Fair to ask for the same resort but the price with air ticket etc is about $5300. That is why i book the trip myself. Too bad i am not entitled to the honeymoon peaks as we ROM since last year Sept. Honeymoon peaks valid for 6 month from the date you ROM.

persianahcat

Hi Wu,

I love sea and beaches.. i am afraid i will want to go back again after i went once.. but i guess there are many more places to explore.. i cant afford to spend too much on 1 location.. haha.

But if have chance, i may want to return to the paradise again n again.

Will update once i am back from the trip.. my trip is in June so its like 2-3 months to go. Cant wait.. hahahaha

ryo

Hi PersianCat,

Congrats on your booking! that's a pretty good rate for the water villa. At about USD360 nett?
happy.gif

I presume you'll have going on a morning SQ flight right?
Yeah, water villa you can just snorkel out, hopefully there're coral reefs right at your doorsteps(from the pictures, there could be coral reefs near to those water villa right at the very end... but not those nearer to the Irufushi island itself).
Nevertheless the water is so beautiful that you just wanna to have a swim... thats all!
happy.gif
You'll have fun as well.

yeah.. you are absolutely right. No point taking half board... breakfast will be sufficient. Dinner as u say, can ala carte in different restaurant.

You still can negotiate with the resort directly for HM perks... as far as I know, most resort have 1year validity... try your luck ba.

You will definitely be hook.... with the beautiful sea and beaches and a perfect place to relax...
FYI from pics..I saw a nice big sand bank near the restaurant area! Enjoy the fine powdery sand!

I'm as excited as you too.... hope that I can revisit the paradise again.
happy.gif

persianahcat

Hi Wu,

Ya i will be taking the morning flight and straight to the resort. Not going to stay in Male as i heard nothing much there. My main intention is the lovely beach. And i saw from the pictures its all white sand... i am really excited to see how beautiful the place is.

Hilton water villa is not that expensive compare to many others resort that i try to google on. That is why i decided to stick to that resort.

I did drop a message when i do my booking to see if we are able to get the honeymoon peaks.. Like what u say.. i guess i may have to bring a copy of my marriage cert to proof to them. haha.

persianahcat

oh.. i just check on agoda and i say that Medhufushi Island Resort got very good deal for water villa which is even cheaper than my Hilton. The last time i check is pretty ex so that y i nv try.. its look pretty new also..

joycelyn2011

Hi PersianCat,

Oh! 6 months from ROM date??? icic... I most prob ROM-ing in Nov or Dec, Church wedding and dinner in Jan. But dunno wen to go honeymoon..... Wu say go low season can spend more withthe same amount but i super eager to go after wedding! ;p

So excited for you to go experience the powdery sands and the lovely water!

Enjoy yourselves! I wanna view your pics when you r back!;)

Have a safe trip yar!
happy.gif

Hi Wu,

So sorry! Btw, i have a doggie too!
happy.gif

Hmm, The water Villa is it in Conrad Rangali? wiv the glass flooring @ the sofa? Jaccuzi and bathtub included?
happy.gif

Thank loads!

Smiles,
Joycelyn

persianahcat

Jocelyn: no problem. shall share with u when i am back.. i cant wait to go too. MY wedding is in end April, afterwhich i still need to wait for 1 month plus to go there.

Yes, the low season is from May to about Aug. Pricing for tickets n resort is cheaper.. so u can spend the money for food n activites there. That what i plan to do.. if not i will be going in year end. Anyway i cant wait to go there too.

joycelyn2011

PersianCat,

Wa, good good! Yr wedding is NEXT MONTH! CONGRATS! Eh, side trach a bit, will you be having a wedding dinner? If yes, where n the price?
happy.gif

Hmm, My wedding is in Jan.. Wait til may.... WA 4 months...! But weather ther during that time should be okie? Cuz i thought the best weather there is till feb?

Quite blurr with the hotels as for now.. So many names.. hahaha

Eh may i know what is half board and full board meals?(Sorry ah, new to all these) ;)

So the package and the air tickets are seperate?

persianahcat

Jocelyn,

Thanks for the wishes.. wedding preparation is stress when at the last stage.

My wedding banquet will be at Parkroyal at beach road. 1 table is around $840 per table i sign last year when they have fair. Free flow of beers and free 1 wine per table. Only thing is ballroom got 4 pillars which many will not want. But me n my hubby feel that food more important. After the event ppl only talk about food so.. we didnt mind the pillars.

Weather in Maldives is mostly the same.. many had review to say no different in peak n non peak season. The peak season is mostly cos ppl in cold countries will go over in Nov to March to runaway from cold. But i did see that they mentioned April is the best time cos very hot so water is calm.

Halfboard = breakfast n dinner included
Fullboard = breakfast, lunch n dinner included.
Basically if u see the price they quote for halfboard or full board or breakfast only.. you will see that the price for per meal is added to it. Per meal there about 50 plus per pax, if u got for half or full board, the amount u pay is about there too. So that y i decideded to have breakfast only so i can go try differ restuarant for dinner. As for lunch.. maybe some cup noodles or so.. haha i rather use the money to go for some sport activites
happy.gif

ya.. i booked resort from www.agoda.com and my air ticket from Singapore airline.

joycelyn2011

PersianCat,

My name has an extra 'y' in it. ;)

Wow, good deal yar.. Prices keep going up.
sad.gif

Hmm, muz ask HTB if he's willing to wait till April. haha
happy.gif

So the best is juz breakfast provided and dinner find yourselves? Seen in websites that restaurents need to book in advance? Can bring cup needles???
happy.gif

So its two seperate place you book. Hmm... How much did u pay for agoda and SQ for 2 pax?

Afraid it might increase price next year...
sad.gif

But looking at Wu's pics, very worth it!!!
happy.gif

persianahcat

Jocelyn,

Its me who cant wait not my Hubby.. he is very alright that when i choose to go. My fren went before and she told me she brought cup noodles and tibits to have when they are hungry as things sold there are expensive.

Total cost of my airticket with resort include of seaplane transfer and stay at water villa is $4800. "( tax included)

ah_faith

Seeing all of you tested or going to Maldives soon makes me so sad...

Actually planned to go Maldives after my wedding in Feb but due to Hubby's work, need to postpone... but after the wedding, we found that we should save up more hard cash for the upcoming house instead of going for our HM... T_T

Looks like my HM trip will be postponed to next year le... *depressed*

Anyway, hope all couples here going to Maldives soon will enjoy themselves there! Be sure to post ur comments here k? My hubby and I are still insistent on going Maldives after our house is settled... felt consoled afterall...=)

ryo

Morning ladies,

Congrats to both of you on your upcoming wedding!!.. the most exciting part of the marriage life.
happy.gif

Hi PersianCat,

You'll love the sand n water for sure... and yes, nothing much on Male unless u are interest in their fish market and commoner's life/culture there.
Yes indeed, Hilton rates is attractive and really worth the money. I don't think the rates will stay low for hilton... soon after they pull in the crowd(just like Conrad), price will go up.

Hi Joycelyn,

its' ok... what breed is your doggie? I've a golden retriever(8yrs old) and a English cocker spaniel(13yrs old)
happy.gif

There's only 2 water villa(called the sunset water villa) in conrad with glass flooring at the living room. It comes with a personal swimming pool now, and it's 250sqm big with 2 en-suite room. It'll cost you about USD3,500 per nite for low season.
I got it at USD750 per nite during my stay there in 2005... a special upgrade rates for us, as it's low season and vacant during our stay there. So we negotiate with the manager there till we agree on USD750 per nite.
No point spending so much money.... there are other option at a cheaper rates.
happy.gif
.. but who knows.... if u go there, lucky enough you might have special rates too.
happy.gif

PercianCat got all the answer for you.... and yes, just go for bed n breakfast will be sufficient. Most likely you'll be full after the breakfast and will not be hungry till late afternoon. If you are going to Conrad, there are free afternoon teabreak(comes with free flow of pastry, cakes, tea, coffee etc...)... so lunch is really not necessary.

FYI, my 1st trip there, I brought a big carton of food there(cup noodles, biscuit, can food, titbits etc... like a small NTUC). We ate cup noodles just to save money, but gave up after 3 days... as it taste awful with the boil desalination tap water. Too salty. bottle water also not enuff for drinking. Beware that 1 bottle of mineral water(1.5ltr) will cost you USD10++ over there, and most resort will only provide 2X500ml per day.
We threw away the rest of the food and went out to the restaurant to eat proper meal. The resort folks actually knew we ate cup noodles for 3 days, haaaa... very paisay.

My advice is just budget yourself nicely, have a decent food at the restaurant... ala carte food pricing is like those in SGP hotel but in USD. Generally it comes in big portion. So normally I'll normally order 1-2 main course and some finger food...shld be less than S$100.
You can also write to the resort now to ask for all the price list(food, meal, excursion, spa etc etc) for budgeting.
Most restaurant, you do not need to book in advance, unless it's a special dinner or theme restaurant.

For Spa, it's good to book before your trip, as most resort encourage that. Most of the time it'll be fully booked when u are there.

If I may suggest, since ur wedding is beginning of the year, maybe can go for a short HM somewhere else before your Maldives trip in May-July...(as if you gonna booked Maldives in FEB, the difference in room rates is able to pay for you mini-HM trip to elsewhere liao).
happy.gif

If you dun plan to Dive or learn diving, May-July is the most worth period to go. Current tends to be quite strong during July period... I had a hell of a dive during that period... and really tired out.

If possible, bring some extra mineral water from Singapore. Not only bottle water are ex, so does soft drinks... it cost USD5 per can.
sad.gif

persianahcat

ah faith: i can understand how u feel ..at 1st we were waiting to plan the honeymoon after my wedding.. but i was the one who insist to do it before cos i really wish to go. If my house is here now.. i will also have to postpone but my house only come 4 years later.. so i die die want to go.

Will share with u more info on Maldives.. but right now i have very limited info as i nv been there before n still need to wait till June

ah_faith

PersianCat> I have no choice but to postpone my HM coz we dont want to end up broke and not enough cash for the house. This yr's a very taxing year for us coz we had our wedding, supposed planned HM and house but concluded that the HM could be postponed till we are financially stable after our house's settled. Worse was that we decided not to apply for bank loans for reno so everything has to be paid in cash. =( But I'll still insist on a Maldives trip no matter what! XD

I'll check out this thread again, when my Maldives trip is confirmed!

persianahcat

Wu : Oh need to book the SPA before the trip? ok .. i shall ask them to send me some information. This wasnt something i know as normally i book it when i am there.

ryo

Hi ah_faith,

I know you feelings... although I've been there, still seeing so many people going there, though feeling excited for all...I'm abit down inside for not able to go this year.
DOn't worry... settle your housing n wedding first... Maldives will still be there for ya.
happy.gif

Hopefully the USD can stay low and rates don't go up too fast.
(60yrs later I'm not sure though... studies say it will be submerge if global warming continue to goes on). Currently the Maldives govt is planning to buy land from another country to build their new country.

Do visit us here often... we'll be here if you need any help.
happy.gif

Hi PerisianCat,

It's advisable to book before hand. For my 3 trips there, the spas are mostly full, as session is being snap up even b4 guest arrive. furthermore, Hilton irufushi is consider a pretty big resort with more rooms/guest.
Write to Hilton for advise first, to see if they have such scenario... and at the same time request for all the price list, so that you can do a better budgeting. Becos you're going to be "Stuck" on the island for a few days and nowhere to go... so that at times, ppl might just overspend by doing more excursion/dining etc....it's like hey, I already here, why don't we do this do that. It happen to me and when the bills come... faint.

My 2 cents.
happy.gif

persianahcat

Thanks Wu,

I just email to them.. and awaiting for their reply to me. And while entering to their website, they had just mentioned in the webpage mentioning the fuel charges is up due, felt so lucky that i had book it before they adjusted. Seaplane is already expensive and with additional fuel charges.. oh no.. pocket going to have a big hole.

patndrew

Dear Honeymooner,

just tell them that you are on honeymoon.As i book direct with the hotel, Conrad Rangali, i indicate on the booking comments.

we were given a 3 course dinner, a bottle of bubbly, a flora bath prepared in your villa (time and date as per your request) and a day excursion. all FOC!!!
we were not told of these freebies until we got there....

They did not ask for cert or and things to verify....

an Angmo friend of mine, he told us, he did that to all resort he check-in!!
Dont worry, just try your luck!

patndrew

I brought some 4 cup noodles and some chips there too, was there for 6 nights, most of the time eat at the restaurants.
if you want to have the dinner on a private beach, about 500USD per couple, you have to book in advance.
We went for lobster buffet dinner, 250USD per pax, nice, but too much food.... very wasteful. if you not big eatter, dont go for buffet....

Try the private dinner, i think its a BBQ with personal chef, very special especially if you are on honeymoon!!!

ryo

Hi Pat,

Seriously.... Your Angmo friend will do that whenever he goes? Just tell them you're HMooner?

Hi PersianCat,

No problem... yeah... fuel surcharge is getting higher n higher. I'll hope there'll be a SQ discount during May. Then I'll see whether worth going back Maldives.

Yo Joycelyn,

Saw a resort in Noonu Atoll, quite near to Hilton Maldives, Irufushi. The name is Zitahli Resorts and Spa.
Pretty interesting resort, only 50 rooms on island and rates for beach villa starts at USD255. It's 175Sqm big.
A deluxe one with pool would cost only USD340 at 220sqm big.
Water villa starts at USD314... and the one with pool at USD448.
All price in Agoda.

Very reasonable rate indeed. Can KIV..
happy.gif

joycelyn2011

PersianCat,

Thank you.
happy.gif

Ah Faith,

I know how you feel.. Don't worry, maybe we can go together next year! ;) Look on the bright side, you are STILL going Maldvies.
happy.gif
Maldive will wait for you.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Wu,

YOU WANNA GO SO MANY TIMES??? ENVY AH!!! I think i'll only go for my honeymoon.... ;)

Mine is a shih tzu, his name-Mocha..
happy.gif

Hmm... good idea... shall discuss with my HTB when he's back from his trip.
happy.gif

I'm gonna ask you lots of questions wen they dates get nearer yar...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
heehee

Patn Drew,
Thanks! Noted!
happy.gif

ryo

Hi Joycelyn,

It's because we prefer to go somewhere that we can relax and no traveling/Shopping.... just to "Nua". So a beach resort is a perfect place for us to "Nua".

sure.. no issue. All the forum folks are most willing to help you out.
happy.gif

Anyway, SQ just have another discount flight to Maldives. At S$738 nett per pax. Booked by 31st March.
happy.gif

Cheers!

persianahcat

I had got the response from Hilton and they had inform me that the honeymoon peaks will be valid for 12 months. Heheh so i will have a free half day excursion, bottle of wine, $50 Spa voucher. Not too bad.. with that i can have some saving.hehe

mummyauni

Hello ladies..i've been a silent reader all this while. It's been interesting reading all ur posts regarding the beautiful Maldives.
happy.gif
I've been wanting to go Maldives and finally now i'm planning to go.

Persian cat : When will u be going to Irufushi?
Did u get a package through a travel agent or did u book on your own? I have been looking at some resorts and irufushi is def one of my fav.
happy.gif

Wu : I def envy u. U've been to Maldives soooo many times...lucky U!
happy.gif

persianahcat

Affarita: I will be going to Irufushi in 3 June for a 5 days 4 night trip. I booked everything myself. Flight from SQ and resort with transfer of seaplane with Agoda.com.

I had ever check with Travel Agent, the price is more about 400 to 500. so in the end i decided to book everything by myself.

When u intend to go? i am very excited of the trip. hehe