Maldives

haru

hey lavendar,
can u share more about the neuro tree with me? my hubby is not into this sorta thing but i dont mind to find out more but the website doesnt explain too much details.. thanks!

hi haru,

maybe i can share abit of what i noe.
Little Neuro Tree advocates the training of the right brain. It's actually very similar to Shicida Method, except for the following:

1) No ESP/HSP training.
2) Neuro Tree conducts its lessons in 3 languages and it's rotated everyweek. Eg. 1st week chinese, 2nd week english, 3rd week Japanese, 4th week back to Chinese and so forth.
Shicida conducts lessons in English and Japanese but the latter is for Japanese kids. In the lessons, they will introduce Japanese in songs and musics. Other languages as well, like spanish. The idea is not to teach the kids the language itself but to expose the brain to new stimulation, setting the neuro path in the brain, which will aids in language development.

Other than that, most other things are the same, they do flash cards, imaginery play, memory game etc. I think end of the day, is heng or sway, which programme works for your kids depends on the teacher assigned. and most importantly how hardworking are the parents at home practise.
I am ashamed to say 5 weeks in the prog, i have done nothing...Hahahaha

zhuzhu

oh this thread is still alive..
happy.gif

tokin abt my little monster..now he is going thru the phase of no food at home..except his milk...i totally give up liao..he refused to eat proper meal..

my boy oso sometimes use his toys n hit me...i will smack his hand..n made him stand at 1 corner..let him cry till he is done..then i will sayang him..n explain to him cannot do dat..

vincass

I'm selling voucher for a 2Days / 1Night Beachfront Villa (weekday or weekend)at Maldives' Angsana Velavaru. For 2 persons, Room Only.

Voucher is valid till 30 Sept 2009. There are NO blackout dates.

Daily room rates for the Beachfront Villa vary between USD690++ per night during high season and USD640++ per night during low season.

Will consider any offer above SGD295. Pls PM if you are interested. Thanks.

vincass

I'm selling voucher for a 2Days / 1Night Beachfront Villa (weekday or weekend)at Maldives' Angsana Velavaru. For 2 persons, Room Only.

Daily room rates for the Beachfront Villa vary between USD690++ per night during high season and USD640++ per night during low season.

vincass

tmaureen

Hi all, need some advice on booking Kandooma. Am planning to be there around 2nd week Oct '09.

Am looking to book the trip without going through the travel agencies. Seems like the prices are much more expensive.

Any advices for me ?

p9939068

I see many people here complaining that holidaying at Bora Bora is expensive, especially the air travel. That's not true. There are ways to travel cheaply, but you have to plan it really well.

Get a budget airline to Sydney, at typical budget airline prices (approx $300-400).
From Sydney, fly Jetstar to Auckland (approx $100-120).
Get a Bora Bora travel package from Auckland. There are tons of them, and some of them are affordable. These packages already include round trip tickets between Bora Bora and Auckland. eg. http://www.airtahitinui.co.nz/specials/tahitivacationspecials.asp

What you need is check the departure/arrival dates of your different flights, then book your package accordingly. If you have a sense of adventure, can even stay over a night at either Sydney or Auckland airport which will make your timetable more flexible ;)

Hope this helps.

ngfifi

Dear all

Can someone advice me when is the low peak season i Maldive

Also, if i wld like 2 stay in water bungalow, which resort is cheaper?

my intent travel date is next yr but wld like to bk 1st so that i can enjoy cheaper rates for advance booking

thx

moon_dancer

Looking to spend your honeymoon at Conrad Rangali Maldives, Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort or Hilton Moorea (French Polynesia) ? I'm selling at 50% discount off the Best Available Rate for 6 nites. Pls PM me. Thanks.

alice118

yeah.. I finally book maldives package at WTS when natas fair.. Going on 6 nov 09.. Quite good offer ler.. Got 1k discount.. I stay at club med kani.. Anyone can share this resort for me? Or anyone going on this period? Haha.. Thanks..

ryo

Yo Alice.... Wah... announcing ur trip here also ah.... so shiok... I wanna to go also...
sad.gif
Haaa...

Hi Lee,

Most of us stay 1 nite in Male before transferring to the resort the next day morning. More Worth it becos 1st nite is practically a waste if arrival by SQ.

Most of us here choose Relax inn(one of the Male hotel).... no frills and dun expect much. A good nite rest is recommended.
happy.gif

Cheers!

piccadolly

Hi T&P, I saw your post on Kandooma 4-5 villas you mention facing the local island, izzit the sunset water villa? I actually requested for the Ocean view water villa but the reply from the resort is that I need to pay more. Is it the same when you asked?

piccadolly

Hi, Angsana Velavaru is having special promotion price for InOcean Villa at USD780 only. You can call Holiday Tours Evelyn Chua for get the package! Good Deal! Actually quite tempted to take Shangri La offer as they are offering me 50% off and they are brand new - the water villa is HUGE!!! But I already paid for Angsana, cannot be greedy...Haizzz

lovelee

Anyone stay in 2 different hotels in a single trip? Eg stay in normal room then upgrade to water villa for 1/2 nights..save $$ ;p

w33lp

Nope, but I've heard of people doing that. You can check with your travel agent if they allow you to do that. If not, book yourself thru the resort's website. Not much difference in price between booking on your own and thru travel agent.

moon_dancer

Looking to spend your honeymoon at Conrad Rangali Maldives, Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort or Hilton Moorea (French Polynesia) ? I'm selling at 50% discount off the Best Available Rate for 6 nites or more. This rate cannot be matched even if you buy a package. Pls PM me. Thanks.

piyo_piyo

Hi guys, i will be going to Maldives during 17/12-21/12. Any hotel to recommend? I can't make decision between Sheraton Fullmoon and Centara Island. Centara Island is new resort and will be opened in Nov'09. Quite a good deal as all inclusive and by seaplane somemore. Total is $2790. whereby fullmoon is $2760 and only include breakfast.

ryo

Hi Hui,

I would probably choose Centara... as the pricing is more extractive.. and at that price you gonna travel in a seaplane that is worth probably USD600 for 2 pax. Worth it. South Ari atoll where Centara island is located is likely not as crowded as Sheraton fullmoon( in Male Atoll). Furthermore Sheraton Fullmoon(used to be just Fullmoon) is more like a tourist resort...

Cheers!!

ngfifi

Hi Hui

I'm also thinking of gg Maldives

Care to share where did u got the quotation from Centara from as when i was browsing their website, the quotes is USD699nett/room/night

thx

piyo_piyo

Hi Wu,

I have choosen Sheraton Fullmoon in the end. As i still feel not very secure with the new resort. Another travel agent tried to "scare" me and said for new resort might have electricity problem, might cut-off anytime as well as service not good and etc.

After i compared the price with hotels.com, mal-dives, travel agents (holiday tours, mandarin tour and GSA) and sheraton fullmoon hotel website, i found that sheraton fullmoon hotel official website given the best room rate among them.

We will go there 6 days 4 nites, 1 nite stay will be Hulhule Island Resort US$233 via mal-dives.com, is this price reasonable? How much did u book previously? 3 nites stay at sheraton fullmoon (water bungalow) - USS$1,896. Two airtickets thru SQ - S$2044. So, average will be around S$2,6K++

Oh ya, one thing i dun like Centara is i saw the photos, the water seems not very clear. hehe..

Hi Jen,

I got the quote from holiday tours, if u want i can send to u :>

ryo

Hi Hui,

I dun have much info about Centara....as it's a really new resort. I dun think there's any problem with electrical problem in Maldivian resort, normally they are good as compared to those in Malaysia(offen having power cut). I seldom heard about power issue in Maldives resort loh. Those travel agent are paid to promote certain resort la... :p

Yes, at certain time, the hotel itself does have better rates but do ask for nett quote. Normally Hotel will only quote you room rates without including all the taxes(bed tax and 10% surcharge)
I've been conrad(book direct), mirihi & W hotel(book from mal-dives.com)... they are priced lower then booking direct or booking local.. rooms rates from USD150++ ~ 800++ per nite.
SQ rates went up alot loh... u r paying almost 2X more then me... but mine is during low season la.
happy.gif
but again.. u are going during the peak season.. so price is always like 2-3X compare to low season.

Hulhulhe is too ex for that quality... just becos it's on the airport island. However, if you're willing to pay for convenience then it's fine. Normally I'll take a dhoni and check a cheaper hotel on Male island instead...as it cos half of the price. I normally stay in relax inn, a no frills hotel on Male.... just to bath and sleep. its 10mins boat ride and 2mins walk from jetty.

Sheraton Fullmoon does have really decent water bungalow...it's about that price during the peak season. The problem I have with them is the size... it's a different feeling when u go to a smaller resort(the Kampong feeling is there loh)....opss.. maybe we different Era...kekeke..
and again I prefer seaplane transfer then speedboat.
happy.gif

kekeke.. Water in Maldives in clear for sure. dun worry... even those around the airport island or crowded places, it's like tap water, with blue/green coloring. Ha.. Those water in Centara in my opinion are really clear... judge from mal-dives.com website la.
happy.gif
But they do have very nice and new setting..

it's ok la... choosing Maldives will never go wrong. Most ppl would visit again for sure... probably next time u can try a different resort..
happy.gif

ryo

Hi JessLiew,

SQ tic per pax can range from S$600 ~ 1k depends on season/promotion.
Maldivian resort rates can range from as low as US200++ to in the thousands, ranging from different resorts as well as season as well. typically, the cheapest month to visit Maldives is from Mid May ~ July.

fenfen

hi Wu,

any comments on W retreat & spa? am looking at the beach oasis. quite nice 2 storeys one.. was thinking staying for only 5 nights.. super ex.. any idea any other beach resorts have this 2 storey kind of room?? thanks in advance

ryo

Hi Fanny,

If I can remember correctly, Bandos also have 2 storey beach rooms.
happy.gif
Angsana velavaru got a 2 storey water villa as well.
happy.gif

Still I think W retreat is worth the price for it's quality as compare to many other high end resorts.

W retreat is fabulous... I've been there just 1 yr back, stay in both ocean n beach oasis. I still like the ocean oasis as it's more spacious(with the sun tan platform. For beach oasis, we seldom use the 2nd storey cos it's open air(pretty warm as we rather snugger in the a/c room), with only a swing.

Can check out the photos of W retreat in the link below..
happy.gif

http://ryonpepper.multiply.com/photos/album/54/W-Resort_Spa_Maldives_2008
http://ryonpepper.multiply.com/photos/album/53/W-resort_Spa_Maldives_2008

try to plan for a trip during the low season, as it's much more cheaper....
happy.gif
it's from mid May to Mid July.

happy.gif

fenfen

hi Wu,

thanks alot for your help. i've viewed ur photos and showed it to my fiance last night.. super tempting la.. so nice.. was thinking staying like 4 nights at beach one and 2 nights at ocean one. cos all stay ocean very expensive leh..

cos my wedding is next year march. was thinking going straight after our wedding..

thx alot for ur help.. will update if we're booking..

fenfen

hi again,

forget to ask u. where to book the hotel would be better?? and how to let them know we want ocean for some days.. beach for some days/???

ryo

Hi Fanny,

oh yes... I think W retreat is a must go Maldivian resort. Though it's only a very small island, but it has one of the best snorkeling spots.. with very healthy reefs.
happy.gif
Nice white sandy beach, beautiful sea and really cosy room. Their signature W bed is so comfortable till we dun want to get up.... ha...

Beach oasis are really good as well la..... becos of the proximity to the sea.
happy.gif
just that the Ocean oasis seems to be bigger(although beach oasis was bigger as in website... if i rem correctly).

Hey congrats!!
happy.gif
Hmm... I see... but if u can wait till May... can save alot of money... maybe can even use it for a pre HM trip to elsewhere.
happy.gif
they usually have free nites stay during low season.
happy.gif

I usually book from Maldivian internet agent. check out their website:- www.mal-dives.com
Can check out www.asiatravel.com as well.... both of them have really competitive rates. I find they are cheaper then local agent. however do try to contact some local agent for quote also.

for rooms category wise.... all agent was able to arrange for u... even if you wanna to do island hop-ping stay too....
happy.gif

let me know if need other info....
happy.gif

fenfen

o.. oki.. just saw another ppl's review about kandooma.. checking it out also.. the rates now quite cheap..

was thinking going somewhere else first also but hubby is in sales line. difficult to get another leave so long.. maybe can discuss see whether he wants to put in May not. maybe can go in july for our park tor anniversary.. hee

piyo_piyo

Hi guys,

Been quite sometimes never came to this thread... Time flies, i will be going next thurs 17/12!!!!! Maldives, i'm coming!!! Opsh...too excited oledi :>

Hi Wu,

Haven't thanks for your advices :> By the way, how did u spend ur time after check out from the resort (12pm) as the departure time from Maldives is 23:25pm?

Cheers,

Hui

ryo

Hi Hui,

Wah!!! happy for u!!...... it's gonna be a really exciting trip for sure!
happy.gif

Nah... no problem, never help much also.
happy.gif

Hmmm..... for those resorts that I went need seaplane ride. Thus, b4 hand I'd already ask for the latest seaplane flight. Thus, after checking out the room, we'll still be on the island, slowly walk around take pics, eat our last lunch at the restaurant etc... normally, our seaplane schedule will be at about 4pm. by the time we reach hulhulhe airport, it'll be like 5pm plus...
since we're rather tired and sianx, we just stay at the movenpick ice cream restaurant, relax till check in at about 830pm.... chiong to the canteen or (now with the expanded airport lounge), we'll just go to the DOME cafe for dinner.
happy.gif

quite boring infact for the last day.

Some folks will go to Male island walk walk see see.... especially the fish market... other then that, really nothing much loh.

try to ask for the lastest speedboat ride from Sheraton... becos your resort is very near to the airport. You might feel bored when u reach airport too early... try to drag, if you can ask for complimentary late checkout or just simply stay on the island itself.
happy.gif

Hope it helps.
happy.gif

lini

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Maldives as well and have been looking at the resorts. Have you heard of Adaaran Prestige Vadoo? Been looking at the water bungalow and water villa. Cheaper than the rest but not sure why so..

Any feedback on Adaaran?