Maldives

w33lp

Mish,
I tried that on Baros and it's cheaper too. Guess I'll book 'ala carte' then. We are looking at water villa. HTB insists.

I don't intend to stay one night at Male. So I guess we'll have to try to make the most out of the 1st night we get there. Maybe we should stay awake till next morning. LOL

Veracity,
Club Med has 1-for-1 during NATAS. But my colls commented that Club Med's rooms are very bare essential. As the same price or even cheaper, you get a better hotel like Baros. Club Med's water villas is more expensive than Baros, even after 1-for-1 promo.

mish

Elyse,

I think that it is a must for the water villa plus it is your honeymoon. Its the experience! I loved the water villa. You can just walk out into the sea. It is really nice. Every morning, you wake up and the first thing you see is clear blue sea. Omg.. The feeling is sooooo nice.

There are many water villas. Why did you choose baros? My friends just stayed at the W hotel and the photos they took were heavenly. Of course it is expensive. Depends on your budget.

However, email them to check if they have any current promotion. Sometimes they have promotions but they did not post on the web.

I would love to go again... maybe one day... when i save enough.. haha

w33lp

I agree. It's our honeymoon and we should get the best out of it! =p

I saw pics for W too, but it's much more expensive than Baros! It's a bit overbudget for us. 7D5N would cost us USD6130 excluding airfare... And diving and activities that I wanted to take over there. And meals...

Though we should splurge for honeymoon but I feel that I can only allow up to a certain level. Hehehe... So I think we will stick to Baros. Or something of similar cost. =)

hi elyse,

i have never been to Baros but i shortlisted it many times when i was planning for my Maldives trips.
It looks good on pics and someone from here visited it before. Feedback's quite positive. U can go to tripadvisors to see other feedbacks and know what to expect.
Definitly go for the water villa, they are worth the extras.

Where is everyone else? All MIA?
I bump into starstar a week back. She's looking good.

Hi Haru,
How are u? Breastfeeding still? Just try your best dearie...no stress sia..

haru

T&P,
yup!! still doing TBF. heh...and my freezer is still nicely packed, and even managed to use some of the frozen EBM for foot spa.=P like u said, i am trying not to stress myself up over the amount of milk i can pump each time. just go with the flow.anyway my baby is now 18 weeks, just 6 weeks more to minimum recommended period for BF. anything longer than that would be bonus. (of coz i am hoping to keep it going for a year!)

lavendar_lover

t&p
haha... busy busy lah... talk about bumping... think my hubby bump into you guys today at JP again!
happy.gif
keke...me now feeling very tired and like a whale... I'm at that stage...can't wait for it to be over stage liao...haha...

Finally my maid is coming in this week...re choose another girl cos the previous girl I chose, she kept failing her test given by the supplier.... think her eng standard not that good... sigh... least got an extra pair fo hands ard to help when I needed to rest. :p

u settled Jarrett's playgroup? I'm letting Jayden to attend his in May..starting his trial class first. His 1st time to sch...18th may. =)

haru
that's good!! jia you... you and t&p are really something... can TBF for so long... envy... keep it up gals.

hey Haru,

I think u r doing great! =) "pat pat on shoulder"
from what i read, i think after u decided to take it easy, this bfing biz seem easier for u now

starstar,
ya...bumped into him with ur little one. Aiyoh..u say Jarrett look so alike his dad..ur jayden and papa like carbon copies..LOL..so cute.

we r undecided on Jarrett's playgrp. There r some objection from the in laws and even my doc, who advised to wait till J's a little older, cos once children go to sch, they tend to fall sick more easily. And then a part of me like abit "bu se de" to let him go school. This little fellow has a fiery temper, i dunno how the sch teachers r gg to handle him, plus he can't talk yet. so what if he's mishandled? Paranoid..i noe..but we never know....and then there's a part of me who wants to send him to sch, cos then he can make friends, learn to be sociable, be entertained, cos he looks bored at times. and then...there's the issue of me already signed him up for nursery in Glory Kindi, which will start next Jan..so I dunno to wait till Jan, go straight to nursery or send him to playgrp first..argh..............so headache....
If really go playsch, shld be The LittleSkoolHouse since it's most convenient next to MMI. How? any advise to my problems?

Ur maid from Indo? I'm tryin to put off the hiring maid thing, we r now observing, see if my MIL can handle J on her own, if can't, then we also need a maid...currently only a PT maid come in and help me with housework, but i guess my MIL needs some help too..so if need be, I really have to give up my privacy..sigh...

ZhuZhu, bvbride, starstar,
How do u get ur little one to learn self feeding with utensils? Jarrett has no problem self feeding with fingers, but i have not started him on fork and spoons yet. I'll always give him a set of bowl n spoon at meal time, so he can playact to self feed or feed us..but I dunno how to get him to try self feeding with real food like cereal or porridge...cos when i think of the potential mess he'll make, I want to faint..so till now, no guts to let him self feed, only when i hold his hand to guide the spoon to his mouth.
how? any advise pls...

veracity

Hi ladies

Gentle suggestion here
happy.gif
Is it possible for the motherhood & babies discussion to be carried on in another one of the forums rather than on this Maldives thread? I think there's one on Motherhood. Discussing it here obscures the info that other surfers want to look for directly, on Maldives.

Would appreciate ur consideration in this
happy.gif

bvbride

hey mummies

T and P: nope same as you. the thought of Kieran smearing the porridge i lovingly cooked for him stresses me to bits haha
like you i will let him test out self feeding twds the end of his meal...i will hold his hands real tight and guide his feeding spoon to his mouth. he still needs lots of practise cos he still holds the spoon like as if he is hvg a lollipop?? kekeke...my little one loves to play w food instead of eating it. he still crushes his biscuits using his lil fingers

Veracity: thx for the feedback. the ex Maldives gog mummies here just got used to saying hi to each other here and we continued even after becoming mummies and somehow we all got preggy around the same time so the topics gradually changed to motherhood...keke

So ladies how ah? possible for us to chat via Facebook? any other suggestions?

cheers!

veracity

Hi bvbride

Tx for being open to the feedbk
happy.gif
Glad u dun c it in the wrg way. Yes I guessed as mch, tt u all jz "prgessed" to motherhood alg the way - now tt shd say somethg abt how "effectv" Maldives is for babymaking....!

Y dun u all jz create a thread in the Motherhood forum here on SG Brides for ex-Maldives tripper mommies.... u get the pic
happy.gif

ashburn15

Hi all Maldives experts! Need your help for our upcoming honeymoon in May. Will probably be booking thru Holiday tours as its our 1st trip there and they have great website which lists packages and prices (compared to GSA). Anyway I'm a sucker for water villas so have shortlisted 4 resorts based on budget of $5K -

1) Anantara Dhigu - Pros: Nice, Lots of things to do around the island? Cons: Expensive, no "freebies".
2) Sheraton Full Moon - Pros: Free nite. Cons: A bit small? Run down? (Heard they're going to do reno soon so dunno about any noise)
3) Velassaru - Pros: New facilities? Cons: A bit ulu? Heard its the former Laguna beach.
4) Kandooma - Pros: Best value (Free nite AND free late checkout) Cons: 3*(the rest 5*), too "mass market"? No privacy?

Anybody care to comment? Really appreciate the help!

Bvbride,
eh u on facebook? add me leh...

Veracity,
of cos we can..but this is how we keep this thread alive, by chatting among ourselves. So whenever pple drop in for advise, we'll be here to share whatever advises we have accumulated among us. There's another Maldives thread here rite, that is purely Maldives talk, but i think not as active as this one, but you get Wu the resident Maldives expert there for advise.

Any suggestion ladies.....shall we relocate or not....?

oh ya..here's what i found...beautiful pics...
http://www.dreamingofmaldives.com/

zhuzhu

ladies
just came back from my HK disney trip..overall trip was pretty good..but we really spent the whole trip at disneyland only...did not have time to venture anywhere else...
happy.gif

T&P
Personally, I think its good for the kid to start sch..cos I find dat while in sch, they learnt to be more independent... Markus started learning to self feed while in sch..he did try dat b4 going to sch..but making a mess..now I will let him self feed at home...if u are worried abt the mess...lay alot of newspaper on the floor..
happy.gif

He is saying alot of words now..not sure if sch does help...
happy.gif

But of cos lar..he do fall sick quite a no. of time going to sch..but then i guess its part n parcel of life..
happy.gif

Okie..I oso had facebook account.let me go n find u ladies..

ashburn15

Hello all! Need your help. Posted on the other thread but its not very active-
--------------------------------
Hi all Maldives experts! Need your help for our upcoming honeymoon in May. Will probably be booking thru Holiday tours as its our 1st trip there and they have great website which lists packages and prices (compared to GSA). Anyway I'm a sucker for water villas so have shortlisted 4 resorts based on budget of $5K -

1) Anantara Dhigu - Pros: Nice, Lots of things to do around the island? Cons: Expensive, no "freebies".
2) Sheraton Full Moon - Pros: Free nite. Cons: A bit small? Run down? (Heard they're going to do reno soon so dunno about any noise)
3) Velassaru - Pros: New facilities? Cons: A bit ulu? Heard its the former Laguna beach.
4) Kandooma - Pros: Best value (Free nite AND free late checkout) Cons: 3*(the rest 5*), too "mass market"? No privacy?

Anybody care to comment? Really appreciate the help!

zhuzhu,
thanks for the advices! =) I'll think about it..some more...argh.................i think Jarrett's speech development not very fast leh...worried.

hi ashburn15,

i'll drop kandooma from the list if i am u.
i've been to maldives 3 times, the last being kandooma and it was such a disappointment.
I shortlisted Anantara but it was fully booked, so cldn't get there but i pass by on my way to kandooma on the speed boat. looks nice...
let's put it this way, from kandooma, i can look across the water and see cocoa island, everyday we'll wish we have paid that extra $ to be there. LOL.

Someone from here, i think bvbride and mish had been to anatara, maybe they can shed some lights here.

back to kandooma, maybe its jus me who's difficult to please cos they are pple who love their experience with kandooma, u can read abt their raving feedbacks on tripadvisors.

no comments on the other 2.

Holiday Tours's great. I always book thru them.

ashburn15

Hi T&P. Thanks for the reply.

When was your trip to Kandooma? What about it didn't u like? And where did u stay the other 2 times?

bvbride

yo ladies

dunno your full name la so pls add me
my email address: [email protected] cheers!!

hey ashburn:
it has been a long time since i visited Anantara. But im not sure if mine was dhigu or the other...it was way back in 2006! i stayed in the water villa and it was great cos it was super spacious and new cos it was just opened not too long ago. we had a half day excursion to a "private" island which was great too.. small group of 4 couples only. food was abundant and the chef was especially friendly too! before we reached the pte island we visited a Maldivian village and did abit of snorkelling...super value for $
happy.gif
not sure how much their excursion packages have changed so far though

nothing too unpleasant happened and overall the experience was very pleasant and memorable. do check out the comments on the resorts u are eyeing at tripadvisor.com. very very good website i must say if u want to find out how other visitors feel abt the resort. happy hunting! cheers!

Hey Ashburn,

U can read my review on tripadvisor..i am water&salt. Visited in Dec 08.
I'm supposed to share the pics here, but i am so unmotivated...it's still lying somewhere in my PC.
First visit to Kuredu in 04, Taj Exotica in 06.
Hopefully another visit in 2010!

bvbride,
I added u!

cho

hi all,
i'm planning for a trip to Maldives in mid-end may.. can recommend any nice water villas?

so far i'm considering Kandooma water villas, it's ard 360USD.. anyone can comment on this villa?

also, aft arriving in Male, hw do we get to e villas? by boat? issit bumpy? coz i'll be 5 mths preggy by then

hi cho,

there r jus too many nice water villas out there. u'll be spoilt for choice. so it all depends on ur budget.
if u decide on kandooma, make sure you request for the villas facing away from the local island...there's 4 or 5 facing that side, i was offered those villas but i turned it down..so glad i did it.
the interior looks good, more modern and contemporary, rather than resort resort kind of feel. amenities is good too, they even provide a juicer and fresh oranges everyday.

U have to take a speed boat from airport to the island. If the weather is good, the ride is ok..but say if there's foul weather like when i came back, rain/thunder/lighting, it can be quite bumpy. u better check with ur gynae if it's ok. I think Kandooma arranges for their guests to leave the island in the late evening, around 8pm, in time to catch the SQ flight. There shld be more trips throughout the day, so if u opt not to extend a half day stay in ur room, you can leave for Male early and check out the city.

lavendar_lover

t&p
my maid just came in today. From Philipines. No choice cos I dun think I can handle 2 small devils at one time... so far she seems not too bad..still early to say so.

sch wise think what zhu2 mention is true... sch does help alot in the social n speech development in kids esp for 1st kids... jayden also slow in speech... only know certain single words... but least he understands instructions. Once in sch..think they'll develop rather fast...

zhuzhu
glad u enjoyed the trip. =) wah..can spend so many days there in disneyland??!! think must be Markus right?

bvbride
think u added me right?? I can't rem who I added in facebook....

cho
must rem to bring and slap on lots of sunblock hor... esp for preggie ladies.... =) very prone to have pigmentation one...

Yes............talk about pigmentation! If i go Maldives again, I will not tan the way i used to. I came back in Dec with one dot on my face! Sobz.............old liao..so easy to get pigmentation. Bring the sunblock!!!

Thanks for the advices, i'll discuss with my hb again...if MMI has space, maybe Jayden and Jarrett can be classmates and terrorize the other kids! Ahahahaha

lavendar_lover

t&p
haha..think Jayden would glady do just that..forming alliance...keke... =) He's having this very bad habit of throwing things... sigh...dun know how to stop this habit of his... he threw n broke a light bulb before in Ikea!! Gosh..so pai seh... lucky the staff there understanding... we dun have to pay for it... then never learn his lesson...when come back home, he took n threw a newly bought light bulb for one of our lights...n broke it!! My hubby was so mad at him n beat him on his hands and asked him to stand a the naughty corner... still haven learn his lesson.... time n time again throw things...least he's able to pick them up and not leave them on the floor as it is... headache...scare he go MMI and start throwing everything he sees....
sad.gif

zhuzhu
saw your pics!! the hotel in disney seems not too bad!! But it's a bit far from city...:p u guys went to HK for how many nites? Thru out stay in disneyland? didn't go to the Kowloon area?

alice118

Hi Wu.. If go maldives 5D3N.. need prepare how much USD to there for eat, buy sovenir & spa? but there can use credit card right?? haha..
if i only join some sunset cruise or spa.. not decide join Snorkeling..

haru

Jensen,
i think SIA is e common choice for flight. if i am not wrong, its around $600 (before tax) per pax.

starstar,
really? even when you discipline him on e spot?

lavendar_lover

haru
ya man...but these days he seems to be better...somehow I feel he knows it's bad to throw things but would still do it when he's frustrated... maybe that's how he show his frustration?? can't voice it out mah...

startstar,
ya...i read somewhere it's true. to vent their frustrations, esp at this age where they r learning new skills, many times cos they cun do wat they want nor tell u, there's alot of anger & frustrations. so these days whenever Jarrett has one of his anger episode, i jus let him vent it out and comfort him with hugs, back rubs and sayang sayang. My hb says i am spoiling him rotten, but i think otherwise. It's teaching him to cope with his emotions and to tell him it's ok when he can't manage.
he also has this throwing thing issue at times, was pretty bad a few mths back but each time I'll "scold" and insist he pick it up. if he doesn't, i'll pick it up, hand it to him and insist if he doesn't want the toy anymore, pass it to me, or place it on the table/bed/sofa. sometimes works, sometimes not...the problem with toddlers...haiz..

and i learnt something, cannot beat. they'll pick up the wrg idea n learn by example. I beat him once, on his palm when he tried to play with the sockets. guess what the little fellow did. He turned around, look at me in the eye (like i do when i scold him), hit me on the thighs, smiled at me cheekily and ran off...I was quite horrified. spoke to my sis and she said same problem with her youngest kid. She realised the elder 2 never had this problem cos they were never beaten, but the youngest was often beaten by the dad, he had abit of violent issues in childcare. so now, we use "heart" to educate him, can tell sometimes my hb is hopping mad and dying to yell at Jarrett but control...control...ahahaha

btw, J has started enrichment class! So exciting and so tiring for me..he's been to 2 classes thus far. It's a one parent and child class, so each time lesson starts, he'll be looking for papa or mama, depending on who's with him. So yesterday he kept going round and round the class "Papa...papa..." argh.....it's 6 to a class, gosh i tell u, when the kids all get into the mood to scream and fuss, it's like a mini zooo.....

bvbride

hey hey mummies

hope the others dun mind cos the mummy chatter is back! :p

Starstar: i still think your little Jayden is pretty guai already. Nt to be negative or what but Kieran is a little monster at home. he use his hands to sweep his toys around to make a mess (dunno why also) and opens all my kitchen cabinets. he touches everything and he loves to switch tv on and off...plays w the laptop and mouse gosh...i just take it as a passing phase and kept repeating dun touch dun touch throughout the day like a broken record lor haha!

T and P: just my 2 cents but i think the soft approach is useless on kieran. i will give qt a few warnings before i use any physical punishment. its really painful for me to hit him but sometime i guess he is still too young to understand fully what im trying to tell him like dun play w his saliva etc...once he is in play saliva mood he can be so yucky so no choice got to give a little smacking.
sad.gif
he is the mischevious sort la...what to do ...
btw u sent Jarrett to GUG or Shichida issit?
running after kieran at home plus cooking feeding and cleaning him already drained me totally liao haha :D

veracity

I don't know abt others but since u mentioned, I do kinda think the mummy talk is v disruptive to pple who come here for Maldives info oni & hv to dig thru everythg to find what they need. I've suggested this b4 & there was some pick up along the way but no follow-through... dun mean to sound picky but wld it be possible for the mummies here to discuss on the 'Motherhood, Pregnancies And Babies' forum/thread instd? It's on the SG Brides sister portal http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/

But do check back & give Maldives advice on this thread... in the spirit of sharing info on the SB forums, as I understand most of u r Maldives veterans.

====================
bv bride: hey hey mummies

hope the others dun mind cos the mummy chatter is back! :p

haru

hey mummies,
looks like everyone facing similar challenges. for me, i am still in the early phase! hahah..goin thru e "trying to feed a distracted baby" phase now..hahah...

lavendar_lover

Veracity
=) Think we r just trying to keep the thread 'alive'... hope u understand. Also if u notice, if we dun come in to chat...nobody will bother about this thread.... :p It'll be stagnant.... anyway like what u mentioned, if anyone got any questions on Maldives, we're here to help n answer any queries. =) it's kinda of hard to break the habit as we've been chatting here for dun know how long... think since 2005. Friendship we have nurtured since then ;p The mummies forum we know about it but becos all our kids are born in diff mths n year..thus hope u understand... we all 'belong' to diff groups in that forum. It's here we can catch up wif each other and also learn from one another.... I'm sure married couples who are planing to have kids can also benefit from all our small talks here... tio boh? ;p

T&P
hope u didn't send him to Shichida... cos I've got insider info about that horrid sch.
sad.gif
Expensive n blood sucking.

I can imagine... chaos....keke...but I think Jarrett enjoyed it right?

How's your wisdom tooth?

Sigh..I've already started beating him at hands n legs liao when he gets out of hand...only at situations when it's life endangering stunts... but only after warning him a few times... still I'm scare he'll become a bully ins chool next time as at times he'll also do what Jarrett does...give me a smack at my thigh or face for no reason!! DUH!!

haru
=) haha...I'll be going thru that phase all over again soon...haha... must enjoy... I REALLY miss the times when Jayden is not so mobile as now!! Sigh...

btw saw in the life section of newspaper, got promo at 4 seasons maldives... ;p tempting but can't go.
sad.gif
too preggie liao...dun wish the girl to be a maldivian... though I know Wu would love to be one. :p

Hey the Gili near Bali looks good too!! U guys saw in the papers? I heard the Borocay Island in philippines also got white sandy beach n crystal clear waters like in Maldives... anyone been there before?

veracity

lavendar_lover:

Ok noted. Just hope we can get gd advice fr u all when we nd.

Tx 4 the alert to 4 Seasons pmotion - wch day's ppr is it? Mb my fiance and I can csider...

lavendar_lover

Veracity
it's today's LIFE section. Travel conceige. It's a small snippets. Think u can go to the 4 season webby to check it out too.

Renne
Anatara resorts?? THink Fanfan or was it T&P can help ya on this... I haven been to Anatara... only to Taj n O&O. =)

Oh S*&T! We r in Shicida!
What's wrg with it?
We were deciding b/w this and little neuro tree...and decided to go with the former.
Now tat we r on the prog, ideally shld stick with it for at least a yr to see any result.

How ah..why no good? tell me leh....

and oh ya, the tooth..argh...all the dentist darn good biz...but i finally managed to talk to one who can see me on thurs..

Veracity,
Why dun u hop over to the other Maldives thread which is purely Maldives talk? Wu holds court there with his excellent advises.
Here, we take it easier...we r here to share if you need any help as can be seen from all the previous entries...but not alot of pple go maldives lah..so if we dun chat here, this thread will be dead in no time, like Lavendar_lover explained. If we have not been hanging around here, doubt there'll be any fresh comments on maldives at all.
no offence too, jus explaining how it works here.

Hi Renne,

Have not been to Anatara Veli but it sure looks good in pics.
I have shortlisted it for my trip but it was fully booked so didnt manage to make my way there.
but i passed by in the speed boat on my way to another resort, it looks nice.
bvbride and Mish were there I think. Prehaps they can share more.

Oh ya..the four seasons deal...i was jus telling my hb abt it...work's been crazy..i am day dreaming I'm in Maldives without Jarrett....haiz...

lavendar_lover

t&p
sigh..maybe I can msg u thru facebook..I've told bvbride what happen...somehow little neuro tree is a better bet... u'll know why when I msg u...

really? we got some amazing feedbacks from friends leh..tats why we decided on it.
a friend's baby can read at 1.5yrs old leh.
not tat i want jarrett to do tat, but i was impressed when told.

Ok i go check my facebook msg.

cheger

Hi Hi all Maldives experts :p

Am trying to plan a holiday + pre-wedding shoot in Maldives. However, i am quite prone to seasick. So i got 2 questions

1. From the airport, how do i travel to the beach resorts?
2. How long is the speedboat ride ? And is it choppy ?

alice118

hi cheger..
need to see what resort u going?
for airport to beach resort normally take speedboat.. unless u are going resort like W hotel and etc..if take sea plane..

cheger

Hi Silly Girl

I have no idea which resort.
Which are the not so ex ones ? Coz i saw the website, there is one whole really long list of resorts. haha.

alice118

Hmm.. Actually need see ur budget loh..

if ur budget not very high can consider below resort.. is my recommend lah..

Maybe you can see see the price 1st.. then u go thru their own website to see the condition loh..

By Speed Boat
This two resort is quite new resort and price still ok..
Kandooma Resort
http://www.airfares.com.sg/resorts/Kandooma/FE_SQ_MLE_Kandooma_02_5D_HC8.htm

Velassaru Resort
http://www.airfares.com.sg/resorts/UniversalResorts/FE_SQ_MLE_Velassaru_Promo_5D_HA19.htm

By Sea plane
This is quite X resort
W Retreat & Spa & angsana Resort

When u plan to go? I plan go on Sept.. hehe..

alice118

hehe.. Welcome
I going for holiday only..
happy.gif

My wedding shot took long time alrd.. but nt in maldives.. hehe
but u go for wedding shoot sure expensive loh.. u need provide accomdation for photographer and make up artist ler..
if can wait u finish photo shoot show me the nice photo yo..

cheger

hehe, provided i get enough information that the boat ride will not be long. i once went to the great barrier reef in cairns, and i nearly died on the ferry ... super seasick .. kids, adults were all puking. argh