Maldives

haru

mira,
thanks for sharing ur pix, can see you had a fun time!! good for you, girl..i've been so busy with work that i dun even have time to think much bout holidays lately..more like thinkin of babies,hahah.....

starmed

haru
haha..maternal instincts kicking in...:p your leave next week is for your hotel stay? conrad right?

mirror
nice!! u guys look like having alot of fun!
happy.gif
still the waters there sure beat the ones back home...though can't compare wif maldives. :p

LPH n fanfan
u have any idea how much to take a cab from Karon to Patong? thanks...cos I'll like to know the average fare in case the resort I'm staying has no shuttle service to patong.

haru

hi starstar,
was supposed to be, but in e end hubby and i decided to do the hotel stay at a later date. maybe during christmas..=P

lph

starstar, from karon to patong is abt 200Baht per way. i take those private car. i think tuk tuk shld b the same price.

kazataza

starstar
LPH is right. Private car / tuk tuk should be the most THB 200 per way. I tried payin THB 150 before =)
these prices are for 2 pax...the prices may vary according to the no. of pax..

starstar,
which resort u staying huh? i cant remember leh..getting old..hahaha

starmed

fanfan n LPH
thanks alot gals...
happy.gif
ok..noted...200THB for 2 pax...
happy.gif

fanfan
me staying at central Karon village.
happy.gif

haru
oh...then during xmas must reserve early leh...
happy.gif
xmas period is a nice time to stay...
happy.gif

m1rr0r

hi LPH, i asked the hotel for pick-up previously, they said it's easier and cheaper to take aiport taxi
it's not by meter but fixed price depends on location
i stayed at ao nammao, it's 600 baht. i think ao nang is the same. pay at counter lor (only 1 company)

m1rr0r

oh forgot to answer about snorkelling
yes, they provide mask and life jacket,no fin.
it's not deep at all, maybe only 3.5m? so different from that time at maldives :p

kazataza

starstar
Central Karon should be good..i remember i got "bio" it before oso..hahahaa...

now too bz with wedding stuff + work..
feel like many things undone..but like duno what leh

starmed

t&P
???folic acid got side effects one? btw I heard from my mum that women take this 'bai feng yuan' is good...esp those who's planning to conceive.. can get from 'eu yuan sheng'...
happy.gif

hey..u r wif the amore in Juorng point isit? spa or fitness?

fanfan
wah...coming soon...
happy.gif
dun stress...if not, by then, not mei mei liao..
happy.gif
relax..
happy.gif

starstar,

by rite shldn't have any side effects i think. but since i started taking it last thurs, i have been spotting. Dunno if it's due to the supplement also. ???

Yap, I'm wif amore, spa. Have not tried out the fitness yet. Went for hydrotherapy, scrub and massage lst week. Felt so...good that i tipped the masseur which i usually dun in sg..haha...

zhuzhu

Hey Haru
Hmmm nevermind lar..miss one day not too bad lar..

T&P
Side effect??Last time i took it..din notice any side effect leh...i dun think it had anything to do with spotting lar..sometimes its just some hormone change...ur AF coming soon?

Hey starstar
Bai feng wan is not really to help conceive lar..its just more for regulating..so that you will be able to guage when is ur ovulation period..and also to "bu" the womb lar..I take that monthly also...

haru

hi t&p,
you too?? i tot it was just me! since i took it last week. also wondering if its due to the supplement..

zhuzhu,
what's AF? =P

bvbride

hi gals

hv been wondering abt the folic acid supplement u gals hv been taking - how does it help when it comes to conceiving? sorri very mountain again..hehe...

hv a nice weekend

cheers!!!

zhuzhu

Hey Haru
AF= Aunt Flo = Menses

Har..so u gals after taking the folic acid got spotting ah...eh..i had no clue leh..maybe u gals wan to stop for a while lor..but so far i never read of ppl takin folic acid got spottin leh..

Hey bvbride
Folic dun help in conceiving..just that its very impt in the inital stage when the bb is developing..think got something to do with the spinal development...becose normally by the time we discover our pregnancy..could be like into 6wks or so...so that means for the 1st few wks..dun have folic acid to aid in the development..dat y for those who are TTC..they are encourage to start taking folic acid..

haru

hi bvbride,
tink zhuzhu helped to give you a good idea of why most ladies who are planning to conceive take folic acid. actually its good to start taking as soon as you are married coz there is always a chance of getting preggie! =D

zhuzhu,
hmm..actually i also duno is it really body reacting to folic. but anyway its not first time i experience this so maybe its got nothing to do with it at all.

hey everyone,
me just went to try the hainanese bun and coffee with hubby at beach road, its soooooo yummy. we already ate alot at MIL plc and planned to only share one bun together. end up we each ate 2 buns!
biggrin.gif
with soft boiled eggs!! and the kopi is really fragant, taste diff from other kopitiams. must try!!!

after eating, we went to explore the area and found ourselves to be really sua ku boy..found so many cool restaurants esp some nice thai and steamboat places..
kao_drool.gif

zhuzhu

Hey haru
Then i guess its not the folic acid lar..some woman do experience dat also..especially when their AF is nearing..

haru

hahhaha zhuzhu, so thats ur term for the time of the month eh? mine is "strawberry jam factory in production" (quite a mouthful eh??)

zhuzhu

Hey Haru
That is not my term leh..actually this term is quite widely used..if u look into those motherhood threads..alot of the gals use this term oso leh..

starmed

hi all
how's the weekend so far?

haru
actually TOC n TTC is almost same...:p TOC is part of the path to TTC...
happy.gif

zhuzhu
yup...i know the bai feng pill is regulate menses but also like u said, 'bu' the womb...so that when u concieve your womb is in optimal condiditon...
happy.gif
that's why I said help when u want to conceive...:p

bvbride
folic acid is impt when u get preggie...but if u take it before preggie, it's even better...so when u get preggie, not too many problems caused by low folic acid... just be readily prepare...
happy.gif

zhuzhu

Hey starstar
Ya hor..silly me....after all my explanations...its still goes back to the same pt "helps to conceive"..
happy.gif

haru

hi starstar,
hahha, guess so! hubby told me tis afternoon that he really have e desire to have kids nowadays. its like he see kids will wish to have our own kids too. hahah..and we were thinking all evening of names of boy/girl and even a dog if we eventually get one. coz i told hubby i will think of getting a doggie in future when we move to our new place and prob when we have kids. would like our kids to hv close contacts with animals coz we really love animals ourselves..=>

mish

Hey Ladies,

I am packing for my Maldives trip! SO exciting!!!!! Okie I got few questions. Can help me? Pls pls?

1) Someone told me where I can buy the underwater camera before. I forgot the place. Where is it? IS it at takashimaya?

2) I bought some food to bring to maldives. Anything that I cannot bring that I should know of? Such as cheese or something?

3) I am going to bring water there as well. Hope thats not crazy?

I am allllll excited! My wedding is just next week! Sat... ooOOOoo so exciting!

Hi Zhuzhu,

no leh it's not near the strawberry or AF time..ahaha..the names u guys came up with..I do get spotting sometimes but this time it's quite serious, so shldn't be the hormones thingy.

Hey Haru,
Has ur spotting stop? U still on the folic acid pills? I think I shld visit my gynae soon, it's really quite bad...I have endo, so occasionally do get some problems, but this time round, it's bad...

lph

m1rr0r,

does krabi airport has a duty free shop selling cosmetics. think its call king power? if not, i'll need to get my loreal stuff from the town area. airport is selling it cheaper when i was in phuket.

zhuzhu

Hey Mish
U tokin abt the disaposible underwater camera or those casing?

Food...cannot bring pork stuff lor..I oso brought water there leh..i bought abt 6 big bottles of water..heavy siah...

Hey T&P
Ya I think a vist to gynea should put ur mind at ease lar..

starmed

hi all
how's the weekend?

zhuzhu
haha...it's no prob...we know it's help can liao...
happy.gif

mish
wah...very fast leh...u must be excited.
happy.gif
underwater cam...i'm not sure but i bought a disposable one when i go maldives...:p maybe fanfan can help...

for water..think u can drink the water boiled from the kettle in the resort...so all u need is to top up every now n then...
happy.gif

LPH
u need me to get the thing for ya? cos me going phuket on thurs... I dun mind helping to get it..
happy.gif

t&p
geez...should go for a check...which gynae u visiting? how much is a check?

haru
haha...think me almost like ya... also had think of the names for kids liao...haha...
happy.gif

starstar,

My gynae's Dr Peter Chew @ Gleneagles.
Not sure how much for a check but usually consultation plus some medication shld be around $100 - $150. Any other scans/MRI's done at the hospital.

haru

hi Mis,
you can get dispoasable underwater cam from any supermarts or photo developing shops. i still have one which i completely forgot to bring for my trip. good thing u remembered!

I didnt bring any water coz they do give bottled water, but do check with the hotel to be sure. if not mayb just bring a few bottles coz its really heavy.
kao_dizzy.gif

hey T&P,
i'm still spotting too, altho its nt really bad. just thats its been going on for a few days now..

hey girls,
omigosh, i went to town to collect a dress which i sent for alteration and i ended up shopping again!! ah!!! somebody stop me!!!!
kao_scared.gif

mish

Hey Zhuzhu/starstar/Haru,

So fast hor? I am getting more excited each day! I was about to pack for maldives already! Heee

I got 6 bottles of water as well. And Chips and instand noodles. So was worried that might nt be able to bring in.

Hotel got water but its 1litre a day. To buy cost about 5usd. So i think... i rather bring lo.

As for the disposable camera.. I found them at carrefour! Heee. It cost 20 bucks for 27 pics. So in the end, we bought a waterproof camera bag which cost 43bucks. Hmmm. Can take more pics. Hee.

lph

starstar, thanks for ur offer.
but usually i like to go there n buy products tat i've never tried before. of coz, will be buying the usual stuff tat i use everyday.

hotel always provide kettle. i will keep the bottle tat they provide and refill so tat i have extra drinking water.

starmed

LPH
no prob....
happy.gif
if u need any help, let me know before I fly off.
happy.gif

mish
that time I brought 2 big bottles...but end up boiling water in the room to top up...:p

haru
haha.. shopping urge is there...
happy.gif
"it's in your mind...." keke...
happy.gif
maybe u just leave your credit cards at home when u go out...;p

haru

hey T&P,
when are seeing ur gynae. my spotting juts got worse today..for a moment i wondered if its AF..but then i reckon its not...

hi starstar,
ya, i hope after this period of frenzy shopping i'll be able to cool it off alil....hahah...

hi haru,

today's better, if tomorrow even better I may not visit my gynae. R u still on the pills?
why dun u stop for a few days see if it goes away?
I keep u posted re my condition. =)

Haru...
abt shopping...I haven't had the time to shop in town, but that has not stop me frm buying things online!!! Been going crazy with my purchases that I get them sent to my office instead of home, in case the MR faints..haha

haru

hey T&P,
my hubby asked me to stop taking the folic and see how. but i still took tis morn. dun really tink its the folic leh..anywayz, i will see tom how..

hahah, ya i gota somehow slow down and try to curb my shopping desires!!

soudez,
eh, honestly i think there is nothing much to buy at maldives. the best souveniors wld prob be lotsa pix of the lovely island!!

hey hey,
anyone watched last nite's Globetrackers on teh Indian Ocean Islands (Mauritius, Seychelles)? it looked so nice made me miss mauritius. of coz they featured it prob during summer while i went in "winter"..anywayz, it was nice to watch the episode. brot back some nice memories...=>

lph

T&P...which website u shop?
im very into shoppin but has been refraining gg to orchard.

went FEP last weekend n couldnt resist the temptation.

bvbride

Morning all!!

Truffles and Pearls: hi! i also want to know what lobang u hv also. i love online shopping :D!!
am an Abercrombie and Fitch fan :D
(think we are not helping Haru here...kekekke)

Haru: so what is so tempting that day in town that u just have to buy ?? kekeke

Hi Haru,

my spotting has stopped. Have been off the pills for abt 1 week. Somehow I dun think it's the pills too, but y dun u stop n see how? Different pple have diff reaction to supplements..I used to take folic 2 yrs back and didn't experience any prob...so dunno what went wrg anyway. I'll try taking the pills again next week and see the spotting comes back..ha

LPH,
aiyo if u r refraining..shldn't ask me rite.haha..

LPH & bvbride,
Have been shopping at VS. Also cos I jus returned some stuff n they dun allow me to refund cos it was bought during the promotion "Buy $250, less $75", so need to choose a similar value item. but if i jus ship one item back, not worth it. so need to chalk up at least $100 worth prds.
I also joined some sprees, like the CCT fashion and some food sprees..haha..quite fun.

bvbride

Whao Truffles and Pearls!
Didnt know i have a fellow VS fan here. qt expansive so didnt order recently.

abt couple of mths back my friend and I orderd their Garden Series toiletries - again... so in case u fancy anything from there chk w/ me in case i got the one u wanted - hv some surplus at home ! hahah :D

haru

hey bvbride,
i went to zara, almost ended up buying a pair of boots and jacket. but ended up convincing myself that i duno when i wil actually get to wear them since spore has no winter! i went to che che at wheelock and bot a tote bag which is sooo cute and hubby said it really suited me so splurged $139 on it!! also bot 2 tops which wld also be really nice as maternity wear! its like those tube tops, quite cute. $19 each, had to grab them..

hey ladies,
i went to Medi ya today at Liang Court, had dinner at tompopo, and the miso ramen is truly e best i've had in spore so far. the the tomato chantilly is oh soooo scrumptious too!!!

T&P,
my spotting is still on..almost resembling the last few days of AF..is urs like that too? wana ask u some details but a bit pai seh to post here leh...can PM you? =p

hey ladies,
i bot a Gap bra and some g-strings some time ago at a warehouse sale and i am in love with it. really comfy and nice design! other than than, i really love La Senza now. =D