Malacca

deer_deer

Hi SSL,

5-Star travel agency has a few branches. U can check out the nos. at the classified newspaper, call them up and enquire abt the departure time and prices.

U can also check with them and see whether they depart at Woodland custom. fr what i know, their bus usually pick up customers at Lavender MRT station. I remember for Malacca trip, there r at least 2 departure time, and one of them is at around 10 am. So, give them a call to check it out.

ssl

Hi deer

Will check out more
happy.gif
thanks

ahjo77

HI to those who ahve been to malacca
I would like to know how much does it cost to take taxi from bus station to Hotel equatorial as i might be doing DIY for a weekend trip to Malacca with my FH .The bus trip from kallang area does not sent to hotel isntead it sent u to the station .

Thanks

ahjo77

Hi Gwyen

Does the taxi drivers over there used meters ? Cos over at KL/JB most of them seems like dun used meters leh.
What if i din managed to get taxi that wanna run meters ,may i know the approximate charge of taxi from bus station to hotel equatorial

Thanks

gwyen

between RM5-RM10...must bargain...then see u tourists (backpacks and looking lost) will quote ridic prices...

ahjo77

Hi Gwyen

Thanks for ur information ...it do make my DIY malacca Trip easiler ="),mi and FH plan to go during either national week or the week after that so that can meet the malaysia sale ah kekkkek

ahjo77

HI pple

May i know whats the difference between SIn-Mal Express and Delima Sin-Malacca Express,which bus is more comfortable or newer ?
Btw is the Sin-Malacca Express same as those Red and Grey Bus that go to JB or it is just like any other travelling bus that go Malacca or KL

Thanks for the information =")

serrich

Hi all,

I also planning for a trip to Malacca in Aug, the weekend before National Day.. Hahhahaa...

Is 1 nite there enuf or shld i go for 2 nites' stay?

gwyen

AhJo77,
The difference in Sin-Malacca Express and Delima Sin-Mal Express is that they have different timings. One is 8am and another is 8.30am, etc. No, its not the red/grey bus tat goes to JB. I think you better get your tickets fast cos alot of Malaysians go back during the long weekend...

serrich

oh yah hor, y never think of that....

but it can be veri risky too cos i can only get my return ticket when i reach malacca.. wat if the coaches are fully booked?? Then I will be stuck in MY!

How abt getting the return trip together? Tat means will have to go thru travel agency?

Ahjo77,

Maybe we can go together if u all also gg during the national day weekend??

ahjo77

Hi Serrich

I am still thinking to go during the national Day long weekend or going the week after next cos hor can meet the Mega sales of malaysia as well as it starts 7 Aug and end on 5 Sept.

Btw which htoel u intend to book??

ahjo77

Hi Gwyen
Thanks for telling mi its not those red/Grey bus that goes to malacca..btw do u know how mani seater is the 2 brands of the bus and which one u prefer .

Btw which hotel u will recommend beside hotel equatorial ?

Thanks a lot for your information

ahjo77

Hi pple

Any hotel recommendation for going to Malacca,besides equatorial hotel ?
Any commetns for Putri Hotel that is a boutique hotel near jonkers street
Thanks

gwyen

Hi AhJo77
If I am not wrong, I think the bus is 40 seater. I prefer Delima cos there is an 8.30am bus.
from wat others here have suggested, you can try Hotel Puri.

ahjo77

Hi Gwyen

Thanks for your prompt response =") have u take SIn-mal bus before are the both companies of the same standard

I shall go and read up adn see if Hotel equatorial or Hotel putri is a better deal ..

u gt any recommendations for ncie food or palces to visit.

pai seh for bugging u with so mani questions

gwyen

Hi AhJo77
No prob, glad to be of help.
Last time I did try the Sin Mal bus. It was old so I switched to Delima..but i understand that both have new coaches liao.
I normally sleep when I go back Malacca...hardly visit touristy stuff.
As for food, if U like roti prata, there's a place you should try...its near Equatorial hotel. So much better than Jalan Kayu.
happy.gif

serrich

wah u all so expert... am a greenhorn when it comes to travelling...

I have not been to Malacca for more than 14 years... So totally no idea what's the attraction over there....

AhJo77,
Since its 40 seater bus, will it be uncomfortable and cramp huh?? If u confirm gg, then we can go together. Otherwise, i will book tour package liao...

I dun feel comfortable arranging all the transport and hotel matters on our own unless accompanied by someone who is quite familiar lor...

I recalled gg to Genting for holiday wf hubbi.. We extended our stay on our own cos we wanted to go to KL... took bus from Genting to KL then buy bus ticket home for the next day.. Reached Puduraya station, the tickets back to SG for the next day all sold out... We were quite shocked and lost at the same time.. Dunno wat to do.. Then went to grassland, and phew managed to buy a 26 seater coach ticket back to SG for the next day...

Realised that I was cheated of my money when i was abt to board the coach... It turned out to be a 40 seater coach with all the Blangadeshi workers... I almosted fainted when I was in the coach... Luckily I had ointment with me.... Sigh.. wat a bad experience...

So my main concern abt gg on our own is whether we can get tickets back to SG and of crse return in comfort during the journey.... Hahhahaa....

ahjo77

Hi Serrich

Mi not sure abt the departure date yet cos gota disucs with FH again .

As for taking the 40 Pax bus mi think shld be still alrite ba else we can check with those out there that took them before

I intend to get the return tickets in singapore jsut in case we din managed to get the preferred date when we reach there ah .

But think if u intend to go duirng national day week ,packaged tour is more exp thus advisable to go on off peak dates ah

erowen

hi
so qiao
me also planning to go during the national day weekend. i am planning to go on a fri and coming back on sat. so far i have decided on puri hotel. taking their superior room. reason is it's in the heart of jonkers st and walking dist to the church and the famosa.

hmmm, the 40 pax coach tickets is quite cheap leh, i just called 5 stars and they quoted me 45bucks for departure on peak season, they said all coach prices will have a surcharge that week.
but it's super VIP, 25 seater.

any comments which should i take? my budget is actually not more than 80 bucks per pax for 2D 1 N malacca with transport and hotel stay.currently i will be paying around 150RM nett for the hotel room. so work out abt 38bucks sg $ per pax per nite.

ahjo77

HI Erowen

so aiqo that quite a few pple oging to malacca in Aug ,think some other budget hotels i might consider is Puri hotel,Seri Costa and The Baba House .

I am also on budget thus would like to have some comments on the budget hotels taht i have mentioned .

Thanks

serrich

erowen,

45bucks is for 2 way transfer??? I think it will be much comfy to travel in 25 seater than 40 seater leh...

Maybe i will call other agency to find out the cost for the 2 way transfer coach price from other agency...

I plan to go for 3D2N stay, departing on Fri nite as well... But I also on budget trip, dun expect to pay more than 100/pax...

But that period got surcharge.. Most packages cost more than 100...

ahjo77

HI Serrich and Erowen

I have enquire abt the packages that y decide to DIY as mi too on Budget Trip ..think so far those budget boutique being recommended are Puri,BABA house and Seri Costa

Mi still deciding where to stay cos seems not much commetns for baba house leh ..?

serrich

AhJo77,

maybe u can check out www.asiahotels.com for some review on the hotels that u are looking for?!

u confirmed ur trip liao?? U mean we can get the return coach ticket from SG? But will have to pay SG price lah??

Actualli I veri suaku, never see the buses before... But if u all say that its comfy enuf, then maybe I also go and buy the bus ticket lor.. Book the hotel via internet liao.. Will be much cheaper..

For the buses departing SG, onli 1 timing, tat is, 8am or 8.30am is it?? Wat abt the return trip leh?? Wats the departure time?

ahjo77

Hi Serrich
I ahve went tot he website liao and then think i might be either going to Puri Hotel or Seri Costa
as both abt the smae price
As for the bus mi got not much idea if comfortable ant but think shld be not too bad ba ...
think the coming abck time is from 8am -6pm and every hour or 1 1/2 h there is one bus coming back to SG.

I think shld be paying singapore dollars if u are buying return tickets at lavender

Btw u book the Puri Hotel liao ??How much u pay for it ?

gwyen

the bus terminal at lavender does not sell return tickets...u can only get them in malacca upon arrival.

ahjo77

HI Gwyen and Serrich

I have enquired from Delima express and think they can book the return tickets,their URL - http:www.hasryexpress.com,maybe can called and enuqired again else later go there kenna stuck there then jialat ah ....

Serrich

Seri COsta looks not bad but review from asishotel seems not veri good leh ...??
Gwyen
U would recommend us to stay in Seri Costa or Puri Hotel ?

gwyen

AhJo77
Oh, u mean can book return tickets? Cool, never knew that.
Hmm, I have not stay in either. But given location, I would take Puri

serrich

wah, will it be risky to buy the return ticket from MY? Later no more tickets back to SG how arh??

AhJo77,
Thanks for the link. I will go check it out... I havent read the review yet.. Seems that Puri is nearer to the tourist spots...

ahjo77

Hi Serrich

Think both of them are pretty near the tourist spots just that depend on individual preference ba =")
haha mi thinking of going KL too as in after 1 day malacca then take bus to KL for next ,bu not sure how much it cost from Mal-K though URL above mentioned put $7.90RM, but also note sure if can get bus back from KL a nt ah ..haha so now still comtemplating

ahjo77

Hi Serrich

Thanks for the information =)
I might go KL first then go malacca if FH agre that we are going to 2 places.
The Hasry have bus that go to KL at $25 but not the return from KL .
Thus if go KL and malacca the bus ticket will cost abt $33 for each pax

serrich

But they never indicate the price from SG to KL leh...

I tot of gg to Mal then buy ticket from Mal-KL..
Hahhaa... but very risky leh...

If my in-laws joining us then will just stick to Mal...

erowen

hi ppl
ya 45 bucks is 2 way from sing to malacca and vice versa. That was quoted from 5 stars, but tickets are not out yet i think, only in mid july. But the sales person was telling me that a lot of ppl have been enquiring abt it! wow, better book yr tickets fast!
me will most probably put up at puri hotel, cos i went there to take a look before last month, looks very elegant and comfy and i like it's location. At first i thot of equatorial hotel, which was kindly recommended by Gwyen. but decided to stick with Puri.

my brother has bad feedback abt mahkota though he said the sea view is pretty nice, afterall it's a big resort.

ahjo77

Hi pple

The bus tickets from mal-KL cost abt RM$7.90 but not sure if got tics on the long weekend cos need to get from mal when u reach however my friend say there is a few bus companies there so think shld not be a problem.

krazy76baby

hihi,
has anyone stayed at the golden legacy in malacca? am looking for a 2 bedroom apartment and know that century mahkota has but we have stayed at c.mahkota so we want to try somewhere else.

someone who has stayed in golden legacy, please give details.
happy.gif

thanks

gwyen

i had my wedding at the Golden Legacy (husband is from malacca), so have stayed there before. Its okay...but far from touristy places

peace

hi all,

I intend to bring my pregnant wife for a short trip where she can enjoy shopping, rest and nice perankan food. I thinking of Malacca, I will appreciate if anyone could recommend me the suitable nice hotel and whether 2D/1N is enough?

Thanks

aeebee

Hi everyone,
if you're looking for a quaint yet pretty place to stay in melaka, go to the Heeren House. It's a refurbished shophouse by the quayside. Located just 200m from the farmosa fort monument. I paid about $100 for a family room that has a view of the river mouth, and comes with american breakfast. Supposedly owned by a Dutch or British former NUS Architecture lecturer. Can see some student's work displayed on the walls. Nearby, you can find good food and shopping. Worth a try. They have a website too, so can check it out.

hadoe

Any nice makan palces and interesting places to recommend for Malacca?

I am going there for a short holiday next weekend!
Thanks!!!

minssy

hi lkg,

jonker street is best. by day, you will see the nice antique shops and shops with very good cultural taste. by nite, the long street is filled with pasar malam and makan and also some chill out places.

for places to eat, do check out any of the nonya resturants along melaka raya.

for the local chicken rice ball shop, try only the one at jonker street.. its called hoe kee chicken rice ball.

for cenddol, forget abt the one at tan kim hock. sux
happy.gif

for satay celup, its at ong kim wee street... think its called 'capitol satay celup'.

oh yah! u must try the trishaws! they are so cool & fun & nicely decorated! really nostalgic
happy.gif

the shopping centre is not bad... big & quite alot of stuff to see...

have fun!

homeangel120

Hi, Did anyone here drive and stay overnight in Malacca? Is it safe, and any good accomodation to recommend? Also, is there any must try food? Thanks
happy.gif

interrace

Yup yup...
me and hubby drove up last yr,
cannot rem which hotel we stayed liaoz, but rem the hotel room very very big.
Must eat stuff chicken rice ball, chendol, laska, "lou lou" those satay stick stuff which u dip into the satay alike sauce and makan...nice..
happy.gif

is rather safe town...must buy, brown sugar(also noe as gula maka ??) !!!
happy.gif

homeangel120

Hi Interrace,

Thanks for your info. My hubby and I also drove to malacca few times, but never stay overnight there. I definitely will try the food u mention, especially the "lou lou"
happy.gif

skywolf

Hi gals,

Was thinking of gg A Farmosa. But the coach tics frm SG is $58/pax, including the transfer @ Malacca Town (?). We asked ard a few agencies, who told us if take juz tpt with them, they can do 2 way, but stop @ Malacca Town only. Then we have to get our own tpt to A Farmosa...

Do you gals have any idea on the tpt from town to formosa?
happy.gif

skywolf

Hi Minssy,

Thanks.
happy.gif

I was told by an agency tt the cab whd take 45 mins - 1hr. Erm, then trishaw.... really?
happy.gif

cute_koala_123

Hi minssy, I think you have mistaken about the A Famosa.

Hi Skywolf, in Malacca, there are 2 A Famosa.

One is the old Portuguese fort which is in the central area & u can take trishaw. The other A Famosa is the Water world theme park which is located about 40 minutes from the town area. U need to take a cab to reach there. Make sure you tell them which A Famosa u want to go.

Capitol satay celup is the most famous as there are some Singaporean celebrities visited there. The gravy is thick & tasty. It's located near Bukit China ( near Hang Li Poh well ). Sometimes have to queue for 1 hour.

There are a few satay celup at Ong Kim Wee too & it's also very good business. Another one near Melaka Raya which sells RM 0.30 / stick. It's called McQuek. I think Capitol is still the most popular one.

There another chicken rice which is very popular at Melaka Baru, near the Batu Berendam industrial area. The shop name is Only You & it's very cheap. Two person portion costs about RM7.00. My husband said it's better than the one at the Jonker Street...