M Hotel Singapore

mooee

Thanks for feedback.Though what u said might be true with the banquet chef having to handle 70+ tables.Then again, I ate many times at Hua Ting,the food is fantastic. Just disappointing std does not match up when crowd is big.

Mine is on 27thNov.

Btw, Terrapin, are u getting married soon or an ex-bride?

terrapin

Mooee,

I'm a guy... my wife and I just ROMed last month. We will be having the customary wedding in June next year. Though it's still a long time away, both of us are very meticulous in planning details.

Over the past few months, we have kept ourselves busy with buying of a house, looking for an interior design firm, banquet venue hunting, furniture and home appliances shopping, etc. In fact, we have already booked the hotel, though wedding is still about 1.3 years away.

I am quite a fussy person, hence have lots of comments on everything. Realize that this forum is a good place to give these comments.
happy.gif

mooee

Hey Terrapin,

Quite rare for a guy to be particular,which I think ur wife is blessed!!Coz,usually it's the wife tat excited w the search.The guy is usually the finance minister to control the budget incase the wife gets overly excited...haaaa

Hey, I think 1.3yr is not too far away okie~~ Good timing to start.I like to plan early. Suffer first,get the best choice, rather than end up w limited choices. Hai...that's wat happen to us for the hotel venue.

Which hotel did u book? Ur decided on brial already?

If u hv gd renovation to reccommend, just drop me a email [email protected] We are due to get keys in 2 mths...so searchin ard now...in parallel w bridal...gosh such a headache....bz.bz..but is all fun!!
happy.gif

cookies_gal

Hi Moeee,

Terrapin's wife here. *waves*

It's embarrassing to admit it but actually, it was only when I found out about and started reading SB forums that I realised that he wasn't that kiasu afterall... if it were not for him, I wouldn't even have gotten around to selecting my AD date, estimating the no. of guests at the banquet, checking out ID firms etc etc. Heehee, from the postings here, I know that I'm definitely one lucky BTB
happy.gif

Must admit that this forum is really helpful and informative. Gives me a lot of motivation to work on my wedding plans esp when I'm busy!

I think we're pretty blessed also in that both our parents don't really interfere in our decisions. We speak to them when we need advice but they don't insist that we do things their way. So less sources of headaches. Really glad that our parents trust us so much.

Have a good weekend!

terrapin

Hello Mooee,

We signed up with The Interior Place as our ID. Since I haven't started the renovations yet, I shall reserve my comments. In fact, we signed up with them even before we got our keys, haha.

We have booked Raffles Hotel for our banquet... we don't have that many tables, around 20-25... so the ballroom is just about right.

Yes, I agree with you. During this period of preparation, it's busy... but it's fun.

By the way, which area is your new house in?

mooee

Cookies gal,

Glad tat u 2 are enjoying the busy preparation. Yupe, same here our parents didn't even interfere with the date of our wedding...haa...So I just close my eyes and pick a blessed date!! 27th NOV
happy.gif

Oh, where ur bridal gown from? I am still comtemplating.

I hv yet to go down to workin on the ID firms, not sure if I shd start if the hbay recommended...any idea if they are really more trust worthy?

Terrapin,

My house is at Boon Tiong, got it in a recent Balloting...heee...I luv driving pass tat place...can't wait to get keys too.

Oh, I luv raffles hotel too, but they dunhv that date. I luv their garden, wanted to use it for Holy Mat...haaiii.....

terrapin

Mooee,

Not sure whether ID from Hbay are really more trustworthy... but I feel more comfortable if they are. At least if the firm closes down or defaults on anything, you can claim your deposits from Hbay.

Our bridal studio is Bridal Concept. Found their services quite good so far, as we have made use of their ROM package. Will leave cookies gal to tell you more about her gown.

mooee

Finally finally, I booked M hotel.Next wk heading down to make deposit..haa..so still have some time for regrets.

cookies_gal

Congrats to you!

BTW, are you getting their ballroom on the 10th floor or the one on the 2nd floor? The wedding dinner that Terrapin & I attended was held on the 2nd floor and the couple had 35 tables that night. I think if you can help it, don't have so many tables otherwise the aisle for the bride and groom will be very narrow. It was just sufficient that nite for the couple coz they were slim and the bride's WG didn't have a large can-can. You may wish to take note of this when planning your layout...

mooee

Thanks for the advice.Well I m taking the 10th floor, they got higher ceiling and the layout is nicer too.

So ur PS is with?

mooee

Hey Cookies...

If u need reccomendation...Can let u know. I am taking Photolanguage! He's the only guy I went to talk to...then I am set already! Infact...2yrs ago, saw his works love it man! His is natural style.

cookies_gal

Thanks Mooee. Will keep in mind your reccommendation. btw, by natural style, I guess you mean the journalistic kind?

Anyway, I am in-charge of short-listing the photographers, the final decision will be left to terrapin coz he's into photography and quite particular abt standards and all, so I'm trusting him to make the final judgement. (heehee, then cannot turn around and complain if the pics dun turn out well...) Of course... he must still justify to me why he kick-out a photographer from my list.

terrapin

Hi Mooee,

Are you refering to the photographer Ray Ong? If so, can you share what are his charges for actual day photography?

mooee

Haa...Cookies gal, that's cool. You get to shortlist, but in the end you get to kick his butt for the choices.

His is journalistic (it means putting things into a story), but his shots are good in the sense not too subtle, I like his bold perspective on things n ple. I have a friend who is quite good in journalistic. He charges unlimited rolls for 1.6K then he puts everything in album. Reason why I didn't engage him was I find him abit subtle. Though many of my friends got him. Let me know and I can pass u contact to see his portforlio.

Terrapin, I have his quotation. I can email to you. Ray has many different pkgs.

fates

Hi Everybody,

Am new to this thread. Could i get some feedback on the quality of food, ambience etc for M Hotel? What's the plus and minus point for this hotel?

Hi Mooee,

So you'd settled on this hotel? Which coordinator did you speak with?

fates

Wahhhh really no comments on this hotel ar!

Anyway something to share:

M Hotel

Free Entry to M Hotel Wedding Fair for Standard Chartered Credit Cardmembers on 10th or 11th April 2004.

Venue : M Hotel, 10th Floor Banquet Suite
Usual Price : S$15 per couple Waived
Plus free upgrade of Bridal room to Seaview Suite and 10% discount off beverages for couples who book a wedding package with M Hotel by 30th June 2004. Valid for Wedding to take place latest by 31st Dec 2005.

0% instalment plan on wedding packages are available for Standard Chartered Credit Cardmembers.

To reserve your place, please call at 6421 6061 from 10a.m. to 5p.m. or register online at www.m-hotel.com/weddings

mooee

Sorry Terrapin,

MIA for a while...been rather bz. Ok, I will send it out to you this week.

Fates,

I talked to Diana...think she is the assist mgr. U know if I can still enjoy the deal? Since I paid the deposit only...hmm...

fates

HI Mooee,

you sign up with M alredy? Seems like not much ppl like this hotel leh......not much feedback except the bad service..did you ask Diana about the service thing??

I am going for the show on the 10th
happy.gif

happyflower

went to the M Hotel wedding fair today, nice setup i must say. considering to sign up for my wedding next year. seen alot of couples sign up already at the banquet suite's foyer. the wedding planners are so busy, so think i am going to call them next week instead, no time to wait for them.

to sign up from today to 24 apr 04 for all couples who have gone to their fair
min 25 tables:
- free food tasting for 6 persons
- free flow of beer during cocktail from 7-8
- free dayuse room from 2-7
- waiver of corkage charge for all wines

is it a good deal?

fates

Hi Ah Hua!

So how do you find the hotel ambience? You looking at the function ballroom or the banquet suite? I like the hotel ambience and concept alot, and we'd signed up on Saturday
happy.gif

Yes the package is very attractive.....

happyflower

hi fates

yup, the ambience is really great. which venue you sign up for?

i find that although the function room has low ceiling, i like the settings... really cosy feeling. but the banquet suite gives you the grand feeling. dilemma now
sad.gif

any suggestion? the bridal suite is nice right?! i luvvvvv the jacuzzi!
happy.gif

fates

Hi Ah Hua,

We signed up for the banquet suite because my hubby likes its high ceiling and the feel of it.

It depends on you and hubby loh. I find the function room not bad......the walk-in is longer but we find the shape of it funny. People sitting behind might not be able to see the stage.

The banquet suite got this problem too lah....Some people will be blocked too... but at least both places no pillars in the middle
happy.gif

happyflower

hi fates

i have decided to go for Banquet Suite too.. will be confirming with them by this week.
happy.gif

hi melodie
what will you like to know?

fates

Hi Ah Hua!

Wahhh why the sudden change? When is your wedding? Is it a weekday or weekend? :p:p

Hi Melodie!

We went for the M Hotel wedding fair, and the packages are in hard copy. Maybe you'll want to approach them for the soft copy? *wink*

happyflower

hi fates

mine is in december this year!

yup melodie, it better for you to contact them directly.. can arrange to meet them too.

fates

MeLodie ~ So which hotel have you shortlisted? Have you saw M yet? My Ad is on March'05
happy.gif

Luckily I can get this date....before confirming with M.....a few hotels have been booked on the date I wanted..

Ah Hua ~ Whoa you only have 8 months to prepare! Settled on any BS yet? You confirm with M already?

melodie

Hi fates

I didn't go for the M Hotel wedding fair bços I went to the suntec fair. I've shortlisted Pan Pac, Mandarin, Concorde & Suntec Ballroom.

So u're confirming wif the M soon?

mooee

Hi fates,

yupe, I signed up w M hotel, before the fair. BUt I took out the beer, so exchange with other stuffs.

Diana has been quite flexible and nice too with our needs. So that's the reason we decided to sign w M hotel.

I know they change the dish for EVERY meal, which I think is quite nice for the guests. 1 waitress per table. So I think that quite OK. As for the service, it is really something we just had to highlight as date nears, coz the banquet mgr wd be the on responsible instead.

drew_drew

Hi all,

Can I join in. I've booked my dinner with M hotel last year Sept and my AD is 28/9/04.

Hi Mooee,

I did check with Diana and she told me that it's actually 1 waitress to 2 tables leh and not 1 to 1. Before I signed the contract acutally heard some bad review abt the service like waiter rushing to clear off the dishes before the guest finishes but I hv told Diana to look into this. Hopefully it will not happen on my AD
happy.gif

fates

melodie ~ I had already confirmed with M for my AD on March'05. We had more or less made up our mind before we went to their fair, and after looking at the Banquet Suite that day, we signed up
happy.gif

I had went to Traders, Merchant court, Holiday Inn, Oriental and a few others, and feel very comfortable with M :p

HI Mooee ~ curious....what did you exchange the free-flow beer for? Yours is the Banquet Suite too? When do we usually meet up with the banquet manager?

Hello Drew! ~ Welcome!
Ya I heard about the service thingy too, so hopefully all will go well on our special day
happy.gif

Btw all of your lias with Diana ar??

happyflower

hi fates

still sourcing around for BS..went to M today but they are taken up at Banquet Suite on the date that I want. So settled at Function Room.
happy.gif
Finally 1 thing off my mind for now...

fates

Ya your AD is on December right? That's a hot month....lots of wedding...

Actually the Function Room also very nice and cosy la
happy.gif

mooee

O-hai-yo~~~ Greetings from Japan, Tokyo!!!

yupe, mine is the the Banquet Suite.

I asked for an extra room, thinking of giving it to my FH's relative from overseas. Also we got a food voucher. They got great Jap food. Just too bad the spa was not under M hotel....
sad.gif
Coz I did check with Diana.

Yupe, Ur right, it's 2 to 1 table, typo error.Think we get to meet him/her during food tasting, I guess. BUt I saw the mgr giving briefing to the staff before start of the dinner, at least.

Ah Hua
I understand what u mean!!HAd the same feeling..that I nearly drove my FH bongus..haaa...

Is there any BS that u kinda narrow down?I cd give my 2cents worth of comments
happy.gif

fates

wahhh holiday ar?? Wah Banquet Suite very nice....I just scared of the jam it might cause in the reception area.

btw will you ladies allow your guests to smoke in the 10th flr reception area??

mooee

Fates....can smoke there meh?
aiya...think not advisable, coz ceiling low, got a feeling would be really smoky.

btw,which bridal studio r u with?Got make tea dress? Me tryin to find some place to do it.

fates

Mooee ~ seems like can leh....most receptions can smoke right? That's why I'm abit apprehensive lor......I'd been to weddings where guests smoked in the reception area (pretty small), and the whole place stinks
sad.gif

So don't know if it's too rude to ask guest not to smoke there.......

I'm with Golden Horse Awards and they provide KUA....those red red tea dress... :p

How's your hunt so far??

tlc_bride

hi everyone

new here
been to M to see its function rooms las year
and has set mind to hold my dinner there but
as there is delay to when my flat is ready
haven't book any dates for dinner...
and didn't know there was a fair...
my FH tinks it ok to delay booking.
I do see his point but its driving me mad
cos i am jus so afraid that i wot be able
to get it...
so jus here to share my fear of not getting
a place for my dinner...

mooee

Elsie...

Can understand ur concern...why don't u just put a tentative date with M hotel. U dunhv to pay too mah. Just let the co-ordinator know tat unless got someone wants the date, otherwise tell them to hold it for you, coz you sincerely like the place.

That was what happen to me, my pastor has yet to approve our wedding, so I got Diana to hold the date for me for a few wks.

Dun worry, u'll get ur place at M hotel.
happy.gif
'Jai U!'

mooee

Fates,

I am with Kai, they do hv Kua for rental...But I'm thinkin of making a cheong sum or tea dress, when my FH picks me. Then wear my white gown only for church wedding.... heee....

So now searchin around for cheong sum maker. U heard for any good ones?

The other more headache is my FH suit, we still haben resolve this...haaa....this mth must settle liao lah!