M Hotel Singapore

mookie22

Hi Seeker,
Wow, you really do a lot of homework!
I've not considered M Hotel so far cos I'm not confident of the quality of the food and service standards. Would you like to share why you picked M Hotel?

seeker

Hi mookie,
I guess my priority was the ambience of the ballroom. Simply love the banquet suite and the bridal suite lor. Was rather concerned about the food too, since have heard rather bad feedback on the food. But there seems to be brides who've had an okay banquet there, food-wise. So decided to just go ahead lor. That's why did up the survey cos want to avoid the 'sure-die' food
biggrin.gif

neece

hi all ex M hotel brides,

do you find the U-shape march-in uncomfortable?
anyone tried a different march-in pattern, rather than the one provided?

i like ballroom, bridal suite etc. but just felt wierd about the march-in. like to hear ur comments?

thanks!!

lida

Hi neece,
I had my wedding last month!! I had a total diff march in.. Our march in song is "I Finally FOund Someone". My hubby came out from the AV room when the guy sings and I came in from the main door when the girl sings. We met at the centre of the ballroom and when the song reach "... i finally found someone.." we walked towards the stage ... so we turn the disadvantage of the ballroom to a advantage!! All our friends find it very interesting...

black_monster

Hi neece,

I had my wedding @ M hotel in May. Like Marilyn, we do away with the traditional couple marching in together. Our marh-in song was "Perfect Moment". When e song jus start, i march in alone from the main entrance with my hubby waiting at e centre of e ballrm(mid point of e L-shape). By time the song reach e chorus part, i met my hubby there. My hubby gave a surprise peck on my cheek b4 we continue walking up e stage.

I find tat e L-shape march-in is not a probm at all.

adele

hi hi ex-M Hotel brides..

going to my dinner in nov...
just want to check with you on a few points...
1. what time you all reach the hotel
2. did you do a rehearsal on the march in

Adele

neece

hi marilyn and lorraine,

relieve to hear that it can turned out creative and non-conventional than the usual "straight red-carpet" march in.

thanks for sharing!!

lida

Hi Adele,

I reach the hotel around 2pm. We did a rehearsal before the dinner at 5pm but during the rehearsal everyhting did not turn out too well. On the actual dinner, surprisingly everything turn out perfect!!

black_monster

Hi Adele,

I reach e hotel at 2pm. We met e banquet mgr at 5pm to do a final test on e music CD & presentatn & briefg. We didnt have any march-in rehersal but can u imagine tat our presentatn cant b played at 5pm? Lucky we have a backup copy w our fren. N we were keepg our finger crossed tat it can be played. Lucky it can be & everythg turn our perfect.

mr_bean

Hi Everybody,

Am new to this thread. Will be meeting Diana, the banquet manager to discuss about the wedding package... could i get some feedback on the quality of service, food, ambience, etc. Same as Jamci, M hotel really cross my mind, until i happen to see it on the Style Magazine. Any negative feedback bs the soundman?

Hi seeker,

Could you send me a copy of the survey to [email protected]? Thanks
happy.gif

adele

thanks, marilyn and black-monster

sigh....understands that the banquet suite can only have the maximum of 32 tables....but now our guest list overshot by 3 tables....now headache liao....must start to take out some guests...

byeee

Hi,

Can anyone recommend me coordinator when i call them up dis wk? Who will be more easy to bargain n gd wif service.

Thanks

adele

Hi Hi Ex M hotel Brides,

Its me again......i got one more question to ask.
can M hotel play CD burn from computer ? which mean in CD-R

adele

spect75

Hi anyone out there.
I will be having my WD next year 2004 Nov.
Still pending to sign up with M Hotel.
Any one can give me comments on their food?
Any information to me will very usefull.

You could email to me at [email protected].

Thanks alot for all the advice that you all could provide me.

Regards
spect

anw

Hi everyone
I have a M-Hotel Package here to "sell" on behalf of a friend
Anyone of you interested? Terms can be talked.
Let me know if you are interested and I can forward you the contact and email.
Thanks
Kindly respond as soon.

mooee

Hi Folks,

This thread seems abit quiet, I am comtemplating btw M hotel and Orchard Hotel, would like some comments on their food. Appreciate help from ex-brides here!

Thanks

terrapin

Hi Mooee,

I just attended a wedding banquet at M hotel yesterday. The food is above average, compared to other 4 stars hotels in Singapore. However, I am not too impressed by their service level.

The waitress left the tea pot at the table, and we were expected to top up ourselves. However, they were very eager to replace the beer glass, even when the glass is still half full.

We were served french pasteries for dessert, and there were slices of cheese cake. However, we were not even given a fork or anything to eat the cake with. Basically, we were expected to use our chopsticks (which has been used throughout the banquet dinner) to eat the cakes.

However, I must say that the hotel looks pretty decent, especially with the recent renovations. Though nothing to scream about, at least everything looks new.

Just my two cents worth

mooee

Hello Terrapin,

Thx for the advise. Am glad to hear. Such a pity...I am particuliar about service!!

I did talk to the wedding planner, a nice lady, very flexible on the perks, very generous, left me wondering for a while...heee....

Waiter svc...hard to determine...will try to emphasize to the hotel mgmt.

So, have u been to Orchard Hotel?

terrapin

Coincidentally, I will be attending my company's D&D at Orchard Hotel tomorrow. Though it won't be exactly similar to a wedding banquet, I guess I can still take a look at the overall level of service, facilities, etc.

By the way, any reasons for filtering to only these two hotels? Have you considered a similarly priced Pan Pacific Hotel? Heard the food there is quite good.

mooee

well...it's bcoz the rest of the hotels are mainly taken up....ours seem to be a popular date

Orchard has great food.

M hotel...just happen to chance upon it and my FH likes the look of the ballroom

terrapin

Just came back from the dinner at Orchard Hotel. The ballroom is very big... there were about 70 tables for the night. Not sure whether the ballroom can be partitioned though. It looks quite magnificent... with its high ceilings and big chandeliers. As it's a company D&D, there were no floral decorations, so can't comment on that.

Didn't quite like the food though... I think the food at M Hotel was better. There was this dish of deep fried prawn stick that I didn't get to try. The reason was because they only served a dish of 9 for a table of 10. The fish was also not well done.

However, note that my comments are based on a 70 plus tables event. I give them the benefit of doubt, that Orchard Hotel could be better for less tables. The waiters/waitresses were obviously overworked, each of them serving multiple tables.

By the way, when is your actual day, Mooee?