M Hotel Singapore

Z

zep

Hi,

I'm glad to see so many good comments about MH, as I'm going to have my wedding there in Oct too. Hope I've made the right choice!

Hi Leo,

I've also shorlisted these 2 hotels. But, decided MH against OH after viewing of the ballrooms. Though there's alots of good comments on OH's Food & Service, I just do not like their ballroom (a bit old and crampy as I'm only taking one ballroom; got to share reception area if you are not the only couple to wedd that day: no free flow beer; and I dun get to see the bridal suite they giving).

I'm not sure if the food & service is going to be good in MH but anyway, I just like the place once I've stepped in, like it even more when I saw the 10th floor ballroom and laggi more when I saw the bridal suite ;þ

novbride

haha Zep, i like your description
happy.gif
that's exactly how i felt when i first saw the ballroom and bridal suite. hmm..i particularly like the idea of a VIP room next to the ballroom for the bride to change gowns, the customisable menu and the bridal suite got Jacuzzi!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

My wedding dinner also in Oct leh...held in the 10th flr banquet suite! I've signed up quite sometime again, even before they change their name to M Hotel but of cse, the sale co. did mentioned that to us before...

Z

zep

Hi novbride

biggrin.gif

nice to know that you holding your dinner in Oct. Saw another thread for OCT brides but wow it's very long, read until I giddy liao.

I see many of you already well prepared for your wedding. I so far only booked the banquet, now start sourcing for bridal pkg...I think I very lag liao. May I ask how's your preparation so far?

leo

Hi Zep

I know MH provides a better package and the ballrom is very nice. However, I have only left with 2nd level function room for me. The 10th level ballroom has been booked. As for the 2nd level, the ceiling height is very low. I suppose you have a view of it too, right?

I have actually bargained with Orchard Hotel on additional barrel of beer (total = 60 litres), waiver of corkage for wine (limit to 1 bottle per table), complimentry superior room for the helpers and they kindly agreed.

Now, wonder which is best for me.

sigh.......... : (

novbride

halo Zep!

hahaha..actually i also kind of loss track of the thread for Oct Brides...cos I just came back from a long holiday..then wow! suddenly realised some many postings liao
happy.gif

heehee..me sama sama...only booked the wedding venue leh...hey, any bridal boutique in mind liao? I've been to quite a number of shops.. So far I like Silhoutte, Margaret Brides & Ted Wu. Ya lor, ya lor...most Oct brides here already got their bridal pkg liao...I also abit kancheong now :D

novbride

hi Leo,

hey, I think your bargain not bad leh...even got complimentry room for helpers! you must have alot of tables huh?
happy.gif

but still, I think CHV 2nd level also worth considering cos I really like the long reception area, very very nice, wish the 10th level have that too...
happy.gif

Cheers!

leo

Hi Novbride

Not really, not more than 30. Actually, you can ask them to throw in as complimentry. I think they will agree.

Yes, the reception is very nice. I also like the idea of the plasma tv where you can show your montage, but........... function room has an odd shape, people behind can't really see the stage and i am afraid the guest might not feel comfortable. With the ceiling so low, it makes the room looks small and cramp.

As for OH, the ceiling is so high that i find the room too empty.

SO CONFUSED NOW!!!!!!!!

As for bridal, I have chosen Jazreel's Low Collection. The service is good. The designer will be there to advise you on which cutting you are suitable for and listen to your needs. Moreover, I find the package reasonable. You may like to check it out.

novbride

hi Leo,

U mean all the dates for 10th flr ballroom all taken up?? Do you have a particular wedding date? I think they shld have weekdays left right? I actually wanted to hold my wedding in Nov, but bo bian, all the Sat are taken up liao so I chose Oct instead loh
happy.gif

i've seen the 2nd level, if your table is less than 30, than probably don't need to use the space that will kena block loh... One thing, 2nd got a longer aisle which 10th flr dun have
sad.gif

wat's your budget? If you're looking at weekdays, probably you can also look at other good hotels like Grand Plaza Hotel (heard good comments), Pan Pacific, Mariott.. I think for weekday, they're still quite affordable loh...

Good Luck!

Z

zep

Hi Leo,

Personally, I feel that OH has given you quite a good deal and somemore, it's more established, having better reputation in terms of food & svcs, thus might help u to fetch a bigger ang bao...It's a tough decision. Discuss with your FH, rule out all the pros & cons and most importantly of all is which place make both of u feel most comfortable.

Hi Novbride,

I've shortlisted just a few shop like Flamingo,Wedding Present;EmanualB, but not yet go shop shop but will start sourcing soon lah... ... I more jia lak than u
embarrassed.gif

hmmmm....I was looking over MH's package and realise we have no VIP packing hor. Just thinking what are the other things all the MH Brides have nego. and got it. Can anyone share???

leo

Hi Novbride

Yah, I have a particular date to follow. That's why, bo bian. sigh.........
sad.gif

I am looking at a budget not more than 750. Those hotel you have listed are way beyond that except for Grand Plaza which I am not very sure of.

Hi Zep

What you mention is true. However, dun really like the set up, not very modern. If the 10 level at MH is available, I will definitely choose it.

Z

zep

Hi Leo,

I were in the same situation with you previously. I have particular dates to follow too, and then, all Sat for 10/F are taken up. I liked the place so much, so we both decided to have our traditional ceremony and wedding dinner on different day loh.

celest

wow! this is the most updated site if i'm not wrong..so many comments on this hotel. This is making me very curious! After reading all these my hubby and i decided to take a real look at it as we are also looking for our suitable venue. Anything in particular i should look out for?

E

epoh

Hi Celest, don forget the view the bridal suite. its fantastic! (if you are into jacuzzi and stuff, i can bet you will love it!)

amazed

I am just very amazed by the extreme updated listing for M Hotel even before anyone knows it, of course the hotel is nice but it is very sickening if there are pple trying to influence the ideas in an open forum to gain marketing mileage for their company. Just my 2 cents worth !! anyway i heard that on the very first wedding dinner they had on 10th floor ballroom, the sound system was terribly bad and no one could hear what the MC was speaking.....anyone knew abt it..and to the staff of M Hotel who are here..any explanation!!

amazed

Anyway for anyone who is booking the hotel; you must be looking at the 10th floor ballroom with the wonderful suite thrown in for you...its a must, dont miss it

P

piggyminnie

hi Amazed,

don't be too worked up.

Ok, I am a genuine bride who booked the 10th floor banquet and have to pay for your so called wonderful suite at extra cost (old package)

Just being to the food tasting and let me comment on the food.

1) roast pig- not crispy enough, advised the hotel to reheat before serving
2) shark fin- basically ok but will be better with more shark fin
3) fish- very displeased about it. It is not "live' as stated in menue. Tastless and my father in law say from the mouth of the fish can know not so 'live' but it is not 'frozen'
4)prawn-good
5) roast chicken- oil too hot result the chicken look burn while the inside is reddish
6) abalone- spinach old, baby abalone really "baby' size meaning small
7)scallop-good
8)noodles- prawns good, noodles too salty and waterly
9) mago pudding - good

the tea pot containing tea is not cleaned properly and result tea has coffee taste

no garnishment on the dishes.

and other minor things, can't remember.

have reflected all the above to the hotel. If there is really M hotel stuff on this forum, I hope they will take note of this.

As the forum has shown trend that if a hotel does not give good services or food, they will one day be critised by many other brides.

so cool off Amazed. Give whoever gives good comment the benefits of doubt and make the forum a freindly place.

Also my 2 cents worth

berlinelee

Hi Amazed

I am a genuine bride who booked the 2nd floor banquet.

I am really very curious. Why do you keep thinking that there are M Hotel staff in this forum? How do you know or sense that? Well, I can also assume that you are from another hotel trying to bring the bad comments for M hotel. I hope this is not true.

Please cool off Amazed.

I agree with what piggyminnie had mention give whoever gives good comment the benefits of doubt and make the forum a friendly place.

B

bblee

How can one ensure on the quality of the food, if the food is not good, i think there is nothing that you can do, or is there any one who has tried complaining that to the hotel before.

P

piggycola

Hi GT and Berlinelee

I also liaise with Diana, I went down to their Le Galleria Show, the suite was very nice. But I not happy with the 50% food tasting basically...the Banquet Suite on the 10th floor is super nice! Different from all the place I been to see..But they can only take max 33 tables..so we are seeing whether we can make changes to the guest list to accomodate..We are also looking at Orchard Hotel...but I feel Orchard Hotel used to have very nice theme - gold, but now their decor so-so only...

B

blue_ocean

Dear ALL,

The coordinator doesnt seem to be willing to provide free tasting? Anyone manage to persuade them to give free tasting?

Thanks!

G

gt

Hi,

I didn't manage to persuade them for the food tasting. I still have to pay 50%. For my case, I'm not complaining cuz i got the package cheap
happy.gif

GT

B

blue_ocean

Hi GT,

Thanks for ur info
happy.gif

I'm liasing with Jerrie, i find her a bit stuck up. Not so easy to speak with. Sometime find her a bit remote, esp when i ask few qns at the same time.

I think they hv raised the price serveral time fr end last yr till now. (it's only my guess after reading thru the Coppthorn Harbour View thread).

The price for the function rm is almost the same as Carlton Hotel. I wonder shld i take Carlton or M Hotel. Do u hv any comments on this?

Thanks
happy.gif

novbride

hi blue ocean and GT,

wat's the current price now? I signup with CHV last year and got the level 10 banquet suite but I dun have any food tasting, not even 50% discount... I liaise with Marilyn, she quite nice and helpful. I heard many good comments abt Diana too, maybe u can approach her instead?

G

gt

Hi blue ocean and novbride,

blueocean: I suggest you call Diana, she's more approachable, friendly and flexible. She'll be able to give you additional stuffs if it's within her means. Her contact is 421 6203, she's the assistant catering sales manager.

novbride: The price i paid was $588+++. However, this was before they had their forum at the 10th floor ballroom. I think the current price is about $640+++ for a weekend package? I'm not sure though .....

Hope that helps
happy.gif

GT

novbride

hi GT,

so u managed to book level 10 banquet suite? You had a good deal cos mine is $620+++, no food tasting somemore...

B

blue_ocean

Dear GT and NovBride,

Thanks for all the info and advice. I dont know whether is it ok to change co-ordinator now, a bit paiseh. What if i talk to Diana and Jerrie saw us?

Actually their package is rather comprehensive, all i want is a more friendly co-ordinator whom i can discuss my concerns.

i kind of feel like giving up M Hotel and go to Carlton. But i hvnt seen the wedding setup and the ballrm at Carlton yet.

Has any of u seen the hotel and speak with the co-ordinator? Do u mind telling me what's ur opinion of Carlton?

Thanks
happy.gif

G

gt

Hi,

Novbride: Yupz, we managed to book the 10th floor ballroom. In fact, we're going to have our wedding dinner on the same day as berlinelee (also in this forum) but she booked the 2nd floor ballroom.

blue_ocean: Not sure about that, but what you can do is to call Diana, let her know your problem and ask her if she could handle your wedding coordination
happy.gif
Don't really matter i guess, since the coordinators don't earn commission i think ....

novbride

hi blue ocean,

yes I personally think CHV pkg is very comprehensive like free flow of beers, cover seats & etc...so pls dun gave up jus becos u met a lousy co-ordinator ya? I've encountered similar situation, but i still go ahead and talk to another co-ordinator that i feel more comfortable. Got to be abit thick-skinned loh...bo bian
happy.gif

I suggest u also take a look at Carlton, heard their ballroom is also renovated, maybe it'll be a better choice than the CHV 2nd level function rm? Moreover, I heard the food is good cos it's prepared by a famous restaurant called Wan Lok or sthg like that? Good luck to you!
happy.gif

hi GT,

you got a very good deal leh.. *envy envy* =)

novbride

hi GT,

cos i heard some had to top up in order to get the 10th level banquet suite and the new bridal suite...and seat covers...so you get all for your pkg price?

B

blue_ocean

Hi NovBride and GT,

Thanks for all the good advice. I'll be going down to Carlton to check out their ballrm, then i'll decide what to do.

If i'm still interested in M Hotel, i'll give Diana a call.

GT: Just realised tt u hv the 10th flr ballrm with the price tt u paid. U r really very lucky!
happy.gif
Moreover, u hv a nice coordinator to work with. A good start to everything
happy.gif

G

gt

Hi,

Novbride: Yupz, everything bao ga liao. I booked the package before Nov 01 when the price was still low and they were aggressively pushing for sales (after their renovation was completed). So i guess i do not have to top up. Contract price cannot change yah ? :p

Blue_ocean:
happy.gif

GT

E

entau

All,
Aft reading the above msg,I noticed there are 2 approachable, nice and friendly sales coordinators + plus another "remote" ( what you call ? )sales person. This is really bring up to my attention to find out more about this hotel wedding banquet. Let's see who I will meet up over the weekends...by the way, who is more prettier ???

C

chinabizman

Hello GT ,
u know wat , i really worry about this hotel sales person called Diana . u mentioned that she is approachable, friendly and flexible. She'll be able to give you additional stuffs if it's within her means. I will scored her if i am her boss coz she too side customer ....if i am her boss i will tell her : " Diana ar diana , please dont simply promise additional stuff to ur customer. if ur so cin chai. Finally it will reduce our profit margin as well as ur bonus. "

jimmy

Does anyone know if putting 33 tables in the 10th floor banquet suite make it very cramped?
Have not been down to see the place itself yet.
Will do so soon.

S

smile3

Hi Jimmy, i've just attended my friend's wedding at this hotel last sat. His is 33 tables and its quite alright. Decor very nice with projection. i'm impress!

K

kelling

Hello Smile3,
Do you feel that there is not enough walking space between tables? That's wat I felt when I went to look at the setup. Hence I wanted to maintain the table no at around 27. Is the aisle cramp?

B

blue_ocean

Hi Kelling,

If u r really worried abt the size of the ballroom, you can do one of the following:

1. Chk with ur coordinator for a date to view a wedding setup with the same no. of tables (or even more).

2. Look at other hotels with a bigger ballrm within the same price range.

I book my hotel at Holiday Inn, the ballrm is able to accomodate up to 40 tables. The weekend price is compatible with M Hotel's 10th flr ballrm price.

choco

Hi all,
I'm a m hotel bride as well
happy.gif
Juz collect my invites,got the oriental ones as well as the white ones,but i'm not too sure how to go about tying the blue ribbons for the white ones. Anyone has any idea about that? Thanks in advance
happy.gif

berlinelee

Hi Choco,

Did you ask the hotel how the others did it? I was thinking if you put inserts, it will not be veyr nice. Maybe print on the cards itself using silver wordings? Well, just a suggestion!
happy.gif

choco

Hi berline,
Actually i did saw the original white one when i first signed up for the hotel but quite long time ago liao,now can't seem to remember how it looks like liao :p Actually the oriental one also not bad ,my first reaction to it was like so obiang like that loh,but now i see it more hoh,looks okie to me now,esp when i dun have to tie the ribbon myself :p

berlinelee

Hi choco,

Me like the white one but I think I will take both. Red for family side and white for friends. But of course extra cost. So if just take one design, it will help you to save too!
happy.gif

choco

Hi berline,
wow....u also like me huh,up til so late
happy.gif
my wedding is in june, will be printing my cards real soon .i'm taking both cards as well but got to see which printer can give me a better price loh
happy.gif
So when is yr wedding and hows yr preparation?? Juz went to m hotel last week,they have a new entrance at the back of the hotel,look kinda small but still better than nothing
happy.gif
glad that i chose this hotel
happy.gif

berlinelee

Hi Choco,

I am a night owl. Like to stay up late. Normally after 12 then sleep.
happy.gif

So your wedding is in June!
Mine will be in November, you can know more from the previous posting above.
happy.gif

Glad that I chose this hotel too
happy.gif
So did you book the 2nd or 10th floor? Think most people booked 10th floor.
So if you managed to get good deals from any printer, do inform us! There are a few M Hotels brides here. I'm sure they are interested to know too
happy.gif

K

kraziee

oh yes choco...do tell which printer offers better pricing...

actually me is M hotel groom...:p

cheers

choco

Hi berline,
I signed up with mhotel last year in july for the 2nd level ballroom instead of the 10th level one cos the 10th level ballroom is still under reno and we can't really see the interior. But after reading the mhotel threads here,i realised that the package of the 10th level ballroom allows me to have the bridal suite with jacuzzi and flexi menu. I called my coordinator up to upgrade to the 10th level ballroom almost immediately cos that package allows me to have free seat covers and free corkage for wine and hard liquor and most importantly the price difference is not much lor. There are pros and cons lah,i love the big reception area on the 2nd level but i love the bridal suite offered by the 10th level ballroom too. In the end i picked the 10th level one,which i never regret til now
happy.gif

Hi kraziee,
Today i juz went to source for printers. I made a booking with hitech at AMK upon recommendations by some of the brides here. I can say their price is one of the best i have seen so far even t-dragon is more ex than them. Saw some of their samples,really not bad
happy.gif
But the cons may be they only have 3 cartoons for us to choose. But its free of charge so no complaint
happy.gif

berlinelee

Hi Choco,

I didn't know that your package doesn't come with bridal suite. I booked the 2nd floor and it comes with the suite but I guess, it is included in the cost already. Do agree with you, my husband and I love the big reception area!

Thanks for replying. By the way, how much did you spend for the printing of the cards?

choco

Hi berline,
The package which i was offered initially only allows me to have the normal executive room with no jacuzzi. I can have the bridal suite with jacuzzi but at an additional cost. Wats more i need to pay abt $4 for each seat cover. My initial package was 588+++,but after adding the seat covers and upgrading of bridal suite,it will cost me about 710 nett per table. But after upgrading to the 10th level ballroom, i pay abt 640+++ per table,i can have the bridal suite free and seat covers free as well and i really love the idea of a changing room(vip room) juz outside the ballroom for changing and touch-ups
happy.gif
I think u got the bridal suite with jacuzzi in yr package becos u signed up with them during the bridal fair rite? Nonetheless,we are both mhotel brides who are going to enjoy the huge jacuzzi and modern facilities at M!!
happy.gif
Really counting down now
happy.gif

Abt the printing,hitech fax me the sample today although i juz went to see them yesterday,which i thought was rather efficient of them
happy.gif
I chose hot-stamping over inserts cos i thought it look nicer
happy.gif
BTW i chose the oriental style card(red) instead of the white ones(cos MIL likes it)In total i paid abt $110 nett for 200++ cards which i thought was the best offer i can find for hot-stamping. It will take them 1 week to finish printing
happy.gif