June 2018 BTB

Side track...I'm also a 2018 BTB! But no date yet. Hurhur but may be June. Any of you booked a hotel venue already?

I have only went to Mandarin Oriental for site visit. Planning for another site visit to Fullerton. How is your progress so far?
Hello! So far we have gone to Hilton and Grand Hyatt for site visit. Planning to go Pickering next haha. But feels weird because we haven't actually nailed a date yet! We actually wanted March but my mum didn't want so we are thinking of shifting to June.

Starting to feel the parents' pressure in this whole planning and we are only at the beginning. lol

happypotato

Hello! So far we have gone to Hilton and Grand Hyatt for site visit. Planning to go Pickering next haha. But feels weird because we haven't actually nailed a date yet! We actually wanted March but my mum didn't want so we are thinking of shifting to June.

Starting to feel the parents' pressure in this whole planning and we are only at the beginning. lol
It's good to start early cuz once your date is fixed you can go ahead and book all the venues, bridal, photographer, etc..
Did you have your date calculated?

I can totally relate to the pressure from parents because me too had a debate with my parents on the guestlist :p

It's good to start early cuz once your date is fixed you can go ahead and book all the venues, bridal, photographer, etc..
Did you have your date calculated?

I can totally relate to the pressure from parents because me too had a debate with my parents on the guestlist :p

Well we originally wanted March 2018 and my mum was so against it she said she would take it as it's not her child's wedding. LOL so well we gave in and do June instead. Wah I hope it's not some massive debate by the time we reach guestlist lol We got our dates calculated by Master Long! :)

We considering doing ROM first in 2017 and then the customary in 2018. Resale flat comes first! So need to space out the funds lol

SWLE

Me too targeting 2018 BTB! Totally a noob duno what to prepare. Usually find Bridal or Hotel first? :rolleyes:

Me too targeting 2018 BTB! Totally a noob duno what to prepare. Usually find Bridal or Hotel first? :rolleyes:

Based on what I understand - date first! Then budget then hotel venue and then bridal. Hahaha. At least that's what all my married friends tell me :)

happypotato

Well we originally wanted March 2018 and my mum was so against it she said she would take it as it's not her child's wedding. LOL so well we gave in and do June instead. Wah I hope it's not some massive debate by the time we reach guestlist lol We got our dates calculated by Master Long! :)

We considering doing ROM first in 2017 and then the customary in 2018. Resale flat comes first! So need to space out the funds lol
Oh dear, your mom is so fierce haha.
If you are doing ROM in 2017 does that mean you will sign the papers directly at the registry? But yes, definitely need to space out the funds. my flat will come first too haha

happypotato

Agree with hellobunny but before settling on the hotel, it is good to come up with an estimated guest list when doing your budget so you know which hotels to consider.
In my case, I only have 10 tables so not a lot of hotels accept this minimum.

Oh dear, your mom is so fierce haha.
If you are doing ROM in 2017 does that mean you will sign the papers directly at the registry? But yes, definitely need to space out the funds. my flat will come first too haha

Hahaha I know right! Ya we are still throwing around some ideas but most likely it will be a quiet affair at the registry with just the immediate family. Your flat is resale too? Ya just thinking about the renovation cost...:eek::eek::eek: lol

happypotato

Hahaha I know right! Ya we are still throwing around some ideas but most likely it will be a quiet affair at the registry with just the immediate family. Your flat is resale too? Ya just thinking about the renovation cost...:eek::eek::eek: lol
My flat is BTO and the probable completion date is around 2nd quarter of 2017. For renovations, there's loan from banks we can take right? :x

My flat is BTO and the probable completion date is around 2nd quarter of 2017. For renovations, there's loan from banks we can take right? :x

Haha there is but from a personal finance/practical point of view, it's better not to take a loan for that. Because it also means spending beyond your means ma. A simple renovation is sufficient especially for a new flat! Resale has a bit more work to do lol but we are budgeting just for a simple/basic one hehe

Thanks hellobunny.

Hi all, any master to reco to settle for dates?

Hi SWLE, when I was sourcing for masters, 2 names kept coming up and they are Master Tong and Master Long. Master Tong is easier to reach out to as he has a website and an email address. Most of the communication can be done via email (according to my friends who engaged him for their wedding dates).

Master Long is older and you will need to drop him a call first and he will request for information via SMS. You will then arrange for a date with him to meet him at his home in Woodlands. We opted for Master Long in the end because our parents wanted someone older, and he provides up to 3 years' worth of dates so it's a lot more flexible when it comes to booking banquet venues and dates.

If anyone wants Master Long's contact details, I can list it here :)

Hope this helps!

kytheon

hi all, also planning 2018 for dinner, bto also coming in 2nd Q 2017. meaning rom in 1Q 2017. thinking to do directly at registry, then go for simple dinner. have yet to do anything, but pre-wed shoots planning to do at penang with a friend's friend bridal studio. hotel wise...thinking of going hotel jen tanglin. hear that food nt bad. main focus is still the reno for the house.

happypotato

Hi All, has any of you went to any bridal studios yet? I am just wondering how the process is like? Do we set an appointment to view their available gowns and will they let us fit some even though we are just shopping around only?

Xiaopingzi

Am a 2018 btb also. Date not fix. Planning to do restaurant dinner and go jb for pre wed shoots. Any one knows if there are any bridal fair in jb?

hello all,

am also a 2018 BTB...however, i have not planned anything yet>.<

I think most of us haven't dont anything yet so don't worry! I've only calculated dates and (so called) finalize ROM and AD date. Shopping around for banquet venues now and most likely would sign with PR Pickering :)

Are you calculating dates or plan to just find any date that you guys like?

gir_gir

I think most of us haven't dont anything yet so don't worry! I've only calculated dates and (so called) finalize ROM and AD date. Shopping around for banquet venues now and most likely would sign with PR Pickering :)

i will be calculating dates but not so soon yet bah.

kytheon

just a question, do you guys calculate the rom date also? Im planning to split the main activities ( tea ceremony, AD and gate crash) into 2 days. Preferably sat and sun. Sat do gate crash and tea ceremony followed by a small buffet for all the relatives. Sun do banquet dinner. Feels that not so rushed and time to rest. As ROM is done before the main activities, I dunno what we should do during the dinner as normally my friends do all in 1 day (gate crash, sign marriage cert, tea ceremony and banquet) What you guys think?

happypotato

just a question, do you guys calculate the rom date also? Im planning to split the main activities ( tea ceremony, AD and gate crash) into 2 days. Preferably sat and sun. Sat do gate crash and tea ceremony followed by a small buffet for all the relatives. Sun do banquet dinner. Feels that not so rushed and time to rest. As ROM is done before the main activities, I dunno what we should do during the dinner as normally my friends do all in 1 day (gate crash, sign marriage cert, tea ceremony and banquet) What you guys think?
I had my dates calculated by Master Long and he has given 3 years worth of dates so I do not need to calculate the ROM date. not sure about others who did not consult Master Long.

I think it is difficult to have auspicious dates on a Sat and Sun in the same weekend unless you are really lucky. Since you are doing banquet dinner I do not think it is rush at all. Some relatives might find it a hassle to attend the tea ceremony today then attend the banquet tomorrow night. Also usually it is better to have banquet on Saturdays since it ends late, at least people have time to rest as well on Sundays.

Another factor to consider, if you split into 2 days, you have to hire your photographer, videographer, MUA, etc, twice?

I feel it may just end up more tiring if you stretch it into 2 days.

Just my 2 cents :)

kytheon

I had my dates calculated by Master Long and he has given 3 years worth of dates so I do not need to calculate the ROM date. not sure about others who did not consult Master Long.

I think it is difficult to have auspicious dates on a Sat and Sun in the same weekend unless you are really lucky. Since you are doing banquet dinner I do not think it is rush at all. Some relatives might find it a hassle to attend the tea ceremony today then attend the banquet tomorrow night. Also usually it is better to have banquet on Saturdays since it ends late, at least people have time to rest as well on Sundays.

Another factor to consider, if you split into 2 days, you have to hire your photographer, videographer, MUA, etc, twice?

I feel it may just end up more tiring if you stretch it into 2 days.

Just my 2 cents :)

Hi happypotato,

Really thanks for your feedback, made me reconsider my budget to do this.

i have a bestie who does this for a living so im planning to engage her n another of her friend for videography. If not, just get one of the brothers n sisters to flim as im not really particular about it. :D

For MUA, planning to engage a secondary friend of mine so most likely will try an see if possible to get a good price for 2 days. As i was a sister to a friend, i realized that doing whole day is really really tiring, really hope my future father-in-law can give me a good weekend.

Xiaopingzi

Halo, I just signed up a package with Castalia at jb. Not sure if we have a good deal. But my htb and I like their ideas a lot. We did not do much shopping. I research and shortlisted 2 in jb and Castalia was the second one we went to. Although more ex, we both like it. yes we are going the calculate the dates too!

Hello all! How's everyone's progress so far? I'm still feeling the inertia in many things and have no idea where to start. We've only booked our banquet venue so far haha.

thanks alot. i still waiting for my f-fil to help me calculate the dates....

No probs! another thing to note is, not all hotels allow u to lock 2017 pricing for 2018. When we went to Grand Hyatt, we had to top up $100 per table if we want to book 2018 dates. So in the end never sign with them haha.

kytheon

Halo, I just signed up a package with Castalia at jb. Not sure if we have a good deal. But my htb and I like their ideas a lot. We did not do much shopping. I research and shortlisted 2 in jb and Castalia was the second one we went to. Although more ex, we both like it. yes we are going the calculate the dates too!

Castalia is really nice, i almost signed with them before my friend offered me her friend's. Who attended to you? Any BTB here getting keys this year?

Krystal91

am also a 2018 btb.. haha I heard Grand Hyatt having a wedding showcase in Feb. Am thinking between grandhyatt and fullerton.. anyone have comments bout this 2 hotels?

Xiaopingzi

Castalia is really nice, i almost signed with them before my friend offered me her friend's. Who attended to you? Any BTB here getting keys this year?
Catherine is my consultant. I read a lot of gd review about her. Really a nice lady. She let me try on their kua and 2 gowns on the day I signed. Anyway, my HTB and I did not sign the package due to the gown selection. Is more of their ideas and marketing background to give us different shoots from others, hopefully. Eagerly waiting to do gown selection in apr and actual prewed shoot in May. :)

Has anyone progressed beyond finding banquet venue?
1f604.png
I have no idea where to start lol