June 2018 BTB

Discussion in 'A Meeting Place For All Brides' started by Pae Wun, Jun 24, 2016.

1. yiqii

yiqii Member

Hi I'm a June BTB. I'm considering Marriott, Hilton and Swiss. Initially wanted Pickering but max 30 tables, so had to reject that. Any idea about these 3 hotels?

2. hellobunny

hellobunny Member

Hello! Just attended a wedding in Marriott a few weeks back and Hilton was on my to-visit list when we were hunting for venues.

Marriott Tangs:
    The food is really good. The ballroom is nice and they have a wide variety of themes. We didn't their min table count so didn't shortlist this as one of the venues.

Hilton:
    Our table count is small so we only qualified for the Vista Room which I wasn't very fond of because the reception area is right next to the ballroom's (and given ballroom size, the guest count will definitely overpower that of the Vista Room's so I wasn't keen). Your table count should get the main ballroom which just got renovated in Oct 2016. The coordinator is very very friendly (Grace Yeow) and she's quite flexible with perks. Most importantly, the team was prompt in replies. They are priced quite competitively even with the new ballrooms. If you can get the main ballroom it's a pretty good deal. Only downside that I can think of is I don't really like their new themes.

Hope this helps! And gratz on the upcoming wedding! :)

SWLE and yiqii like this.
  3. yiqii

yiqii Member

Hey hey!

Thanks for the tips they are really helpful!!! I will go check out Hilton. I heard they recently renovated and it looks grand.

Also congrats too on your wedding!! Have you decided on other things like PWS?

4. hellobunny

hellobunny Member

Hilton have a wedding show coming up I think (remember seeing it somewhere in the Singapore Brides Event page) - I'm sure can get better perks during the show.

Thank you! Well not yet. We kinda got lazy after settling the venue hahaha. Probably need to start hunting bridal studios soon! Not thinking of a formal PWS though... we are considering a casual one. What about you? :)

5. yiqii

yiqii Member

Haha, we are considering Kohit wedding but still looking around. Need to settle on venue really soon if not the good dates are all gone. haha!

6. SWLE

SWLE New Member

I just scheduled an appt with master long, apparently he is quite busy this few weeks:(( Only able to meet him up after CNY. I do have some dates in mind, just want to get his opinions.
    Anyway I considering to go Marriott wedding fair this month. Anybody BTB 2018 here joining? anyone start sourcing for hotel?? I tried email couple of hotels and noticed some have dates booked til Mar-Apr 2018. So I think is good to secure the banquet place first!

7. SWLE

SWLE New Member

Hi there,

Just wondering what's Marriott min table count? Interested in them too.

Side track abit... Hows your sourcing for bridal? :)

8. hellobunny

hellobunny Member

If I remember correctly, Marriott min count is 25 tables. Yet to start! :O Abit panicky hahaha. My HTB has been quite busy with work so I'm thinking of going bridal shopping myself. lol

9. dollielovely

dollielovely Member

Im a 2018btb

10. Sze

Sze New Member

Hi there.
    I went to Master You Long Zi. Have my date calculated, June 2018. I have a few days to consider.

Pre-wedding Photoshoot - decided

Hotel & AD - still looking around

Duno where to start from yet too! Any suggestions?

11. hellobunny

hellobunny Member

Congrattsssssss! Start with budget and table count hahaha so it can give you a feel which hotels falls into your criteria too. Best is also to have a selected date already so it's alot easier to shortlist hotels too :)

12. Sze

Sze New Member

Yes. I do have a date in hand that I'm considering, which is 30th June, about 30tables.. budget within 30k for about 30 tables, possible? Actually was considering York hotel but does not know how is the hotel for wedding? I use to go to the hotel Yearly for their Penang food fare only.

13. hi! =)

i am also a 2018 BTB. i have not pick the date yet as well. but have been exploring around for bridal packages.

14. Jasminedew

Jasminedew Member

Hello... Can I have master Long contact's please? My email is jiemin_skopion@hotmail.com

15. Jasminedew

Jasminedew Member

Hello! Can I have master long's contact please? My email address is jiemin_skopion@hotmail.com

16. traceee

traceee New Member

Hi all! I'm a jan 2018 bride :) Any AD PG/VG to recommend?

17. Melissa Chew

Melissa Chew New Member

Hi, I'm June BTB and still looking around for our venue. Anyone have any reviews for Goodwood park and Intercontinental?

18. Happyfood

Happyfood New Member

Anyone looking for Aisle bridal AD package? I'm selling ;) they are not offering this price anymore as my friend just signed up with them

19. hellobunny

hellobunny Member

Hello and welcome to the thread! I engaged Momentold Productions for VG - rates are decent and you get 2 VGs. I'm still looking for PGs! Haha :)

20. yiqii

yiqii Member

Hi, can I check when do we source for JP? Is sourcing now very kiasu??

21. happypotato

happypotato Member

You can try contacting the JP but most of them probably gonna say it's too early so they won't confirm anything. Some of the JP license will expire this year and they may or may not renew that's why cannot confirm anything as well.

I remember some BTB in this forum said they will only confirm 3 months before the date.

22. hellobunny

hellobunny Member

Hi hi! Has anyone engaged Trouve Photography or know anyone who did for their AD?

23. hellobunny

hellobunny Member

We are one yr away from june 2018!!! How's everyone's prep coming along?

24. Simplicity.Jes

Simplicity.Jes New Member

Hi all! I'm 30 June 2018 BTB! Anyone same date too? So far for me mostly had been settled.
    PWS @ Taiwan in August
    BTO key collection in September
    AD Photography/Videography + Photobooth
    Wedding Dinner Banquet @ Hotel

25. hellobunny

hellobunny Member

Mine is one week before yours! 23rd June 2018

So far only:
    Wedding venue
    Bridal Studio
    AD videographer

Pending confirming AD Photographer and also Photobooth! :)

Your key collection is almost same time as mine! Except that mine is resale hehe

Simplicity.Jes likes this.
  26. Perfectionist89

Perfectionist89 New Member

Hi All!
    im a 02 Jun 18 btb!
    -Wedding venue (Done)
    -Bridal Studio (Done)
    -PWS (Done)
    -AD PG&VG(Pending)

If there is any watsapp grp for June 2018 btb do include me too please~

Simplicity_ and hellobunny like this.
  27. hellobunny

hellobunny Member

Wow! pws also done! Which studio did you engage?

28. Perfectionist89

Yup did my pws at taiwan with bluebay weddings...i know its bit early but becos im gg change job n didnt want to keep taking leave for a start of a new job so i took my pre shoot in adv. hahah

29. simplyberries2

simplyberries2 New Member

Hi everyone! Anyone having their wedding outside hotels? I'm registering for some of the upcoming wedding showcase, any recommendations?

30. alpaca

alpaca New Member

Hi I am 2 June 2018 btb too!!

Can someone add me into the June 2018 btb whatsapp group if there is one please. Thank you :)

Perfectionist89 likes this.
  31. L0llip0p**

L0llip0p** New Member

WTS FRANCE PARIS BRIDAL PKG

Valid from Jan 2017 - Jan 2025 (8 years)

1. Pre-wedding shoot:
    (a) 30" canvas photograph, carved frame
    (b) 52 photos
    (c) 5 wedding gowns for photoshoot - able to select from all A, B, C categories (including premium Pronovias collection)
    (d) professional make-up and modeling for 5 styles - able to choose top make up artist at no additional cost
    - free earrings, head accessories, manicure and eyelashes
    (e) bridal veil , hair ornaments and gloves
    (f) groom's tuxedo and formal suits - 2 sets
    (g) waist cummberband, shirt and boutonniere for groom
    (h) studio shooting and outdoor scene shooting - able to choose top photographer at no additional cost
    (i) bridal bouquet upgraded from artificial flowers to fresh flowers ( i chose sunflowers )

Other expenses (not included)
    - MUA fee to follow you around: $230
    - Driver & Car : $20++ per hour
    - Courier fee for album to sg: $23 per kg (or you can ask friends or family traveling to Taiwan to bring it back for you)
    - Additional photos: $65++ per piece

2. Actual day
    (a) 1 wedding gown, 1 evening gown and 1 kua/tea gown (if you don't find any you like in singapore you can get them to bring over from Taiwan)
    (b) 2 suits for groom with shoes and ties
    (c) flowers for bridal car & hand bouquet
    (d) make-up x 2 times, hair accessories and eye lashes
    (e) 2 father's Jacket
    (f) 6 bridesmaid's dresses
    (g) 6 corsages

Other expenses (not included) :
    - ampoule
    - MUA transportation on AD

32. yiqii

yiqii Member

Thanks! I saw someone soft book their JP 6-9 months too so can sorta look around now?

33. Ed.H

Ed.H New Member

Am gonna be a June 2018 BTB!

gulps, looking at the forum , I seem way behind in planning.. :(

We've only just started with the hotels, and checked out Andaz, Shangri-La & Fullerton Bay for now.

34. Perfectionist89

No worries, still have ard 11mths to go..but.if yr date is a "hot" date then you better faster shortlist n book yr venue as u will be surprise there r many ppl who book venue very early...

35. Ed.H

Ed.H New Member

Thanks for the assurance ! Fingers crossed , Shangri la is out lest we go for the later dates . Generally avoiding that as he has a bigger work assignment during those periods.

On a side note , is anyone here going for a made to measure with any of the local designers ? I have been quoted a range of 4.5k to 5k for MTM rental .. ain't sure if that's the usual rate

36. Ed.H

Ed.H New Member

Hello !

Hmm, mine is likely gonna be a restaurant inside a hotel.. even the event coordinator keeps highlighting .. we aren't a ballroom , we are a restaurant

That's cos everything also wanna charge extra ..