J&C Bridal Collections

friends78

Hi Bebe

Mine is 22 15R photos, initial deposit $1K. I am also waiting for my photos leh! Don't know when I can have it
bounce.gif

bebee

hi doreen, thx! i'm going 4 bridalveil show 1st b4 decide, my HTB also ask me not to rush. but i wish i can jus decide heehee excited
happy.gif

but my AD dates r now TBA, cuz my mum now wants to chk properly - sigh... very mixed up, just can't wait to start the plannin..really wish i can jus get some good dates to choose fast..

bebee

hi doreen, when u say return al negatives and sample photos back, is it really all? or just of the shots you have choosen? if its so, really good bargaining...heehee

sklek

can i check with u gals regarding the mini album? that time cyn told me they will put all the sample shots of all the selected photos and put inside a mini album if we top up a lot. Is this the mini album as mentioned in your package?

these samples have no touch ups. I had friends whose mini albums consists of the selected photos with touch ups.

mashi79

my mini album is mentioned in my package and it consists of selected photos with touch-ups....

Questy, I sent you email liao...
happy.gif

wenn

irene,
i went to negotiate for free mini album from cynthia. she agreed to give me bcos i bought all the photos. mini album is made with sample proofs w/o touchups, not re-prints as what other shops do...

anyway, i dun care cos giving PILs :p

sklek

hmmm..seems like mashi has a really good deal. All neg & samples returned and mini album with touch ups!
bounce.gif

claudiatan

Doreen, you mean we can get the negatives back from cynthia? Do you need to top up further? Or is that part of the contract? Kindly advise. Thanks!

Roro, wow that was a good deal. I also do not quite like the idea of getting a big big potrait. It will be a white elephant in time to come.

But the idea of getting a three in one together table top photo is a good idea! Was that part of the items in the contract or you managed to persuage cynthia until she nodded her head? But I liked the idea very much!

Will like you know when I have signed up with jnc. Thanks!

questy

Hi wenn,
thanks! he...!

hi to all,
i just signed up with J&C, got the promo package with minialbum. But the minialbum is the duplicate of the big album, when i asked cynthia abt changing it to other photos, she said there will be a chg for it, sad.

i'm buying the photopackage before PS, but dun knw if can get more sample photos back, cos can mk it into mini photo gallery at new house.

i also intended to get 3 "table top" size pphotos, in the "double" layered photo frame instead of portrait. U can see it near to the 3-in-1 portraits, but the price ex, It seemed mordern to me and i'll use it for deco above my bed.

Questions: will cynthia advice u to buy certain type of shoes? and the type of undergarment?
i also intended to get 3 "table top" size pphotos, in the "double" layered photo frame instead of portrait. U can see it near to the 3-in-1 portraits, but the price ex, abt $180 per piece, is that the market price for these type of frame?

Hi wenn,
thanks! he...!

Hi mashi
sent u mail to, he...!

friends78

Hi Claudia

Yes, I have top up a lot
biggrin.gif
in order to get back all my photos and neg. U may have to check with Cynthia about the amt to top up in order to get back everything.

Hi Irene

My mini album only consist of 22 sample photos w/o touch up. I chose to put those photos that are not selected in my big albums.
wink.gif

Wow Mashi,

U got great deal!
biggrin.gif
U got photos with touch up!

RoRo & Mashi
So envy u gals got the 3 in 1 portrait. Maybe I got to buy 1 for myself too! Any ideas how much one cost? Thks! Did u top up extra? Thank u very much!

friends78

Wow Questy

So happy to hear that. I bought a pair of pure silver open toes heels for my PS. Intend to use for my wedding day too. Looking for this pair of heels took me almost 3 weeks until hubby also fed up .
rofl.gif

Wow u really know what stuff you want. Already prepare to pay extra photos, 3 in 1 protrait, extra table tops! U So lucky! When Karen start telling me about 'extras' that i cld purchase, my hubby will be start pressing calculator...
lame.gif

questy

Hi Doreen,
he..! I actually saw a pair of silver of sparkling strip open toe heels at Metro just now, so tempted to buy leh, he...! But my gown is lacy ones, so dun knw whether can match or not. My EG is maroon lace, u think can match? tot to use one pair of shoe for all 3 gowns, he...! too lazy to change, he...!

I'm just topping about 10 photos, and chging the merc to table tops, but very heart pain for the top up of extra table top, but the cost is still within out budget, so still can mk it lah.

Just tell ur hubby to rest assure that his investment is well worth it, dun press calclator lah, he..!

friends78

Hi Questy

I faced the same problem too when shopping for my heels. My WG is pure white, EG is purple. On top of that, for PS I wear Kua, a victoria style orange grown and a blue grown! Imagine, all the colours! No money to buy so many shoes lah, so turn to Cyn for advise. She mentioned silver is the best1 No choice, me quickly source for one! BTW, mine is more like a platform type, u must try until u have the most comfortable one. A lot of running around during outdoor shots. Very tired for the feet!

My hubby's friend kept telling him most album will end up in the cupboard a few months after wedding. So he ..... keep on calculating and calculating...
lame.gif

questy

Hi Doreen,
He..! i actually agree with ur hubby's friend, but will still take abt 30 photos for keepsake, at least keep some very nice ones for my children, he...! I prefer the small table top with silver frame, i'll use it as deco fro MBR, at least still can see it everyday, he..!

Actually i cun really wear heels, feet will ache badly after a few hours, like blades cutting off my feet! lucky FH not very tall, so got excuse to tell cynthia i cun wear heels, he...! will definitely go chk out for shoes as i go shopping.

Mayb i should look out for silver slipper, if really too painful on PS or AD, i'll wear my favourite slipper or go barefoot! ha...!

sklek

hi questy! u've already chosen ur gowns? that's fast!

i bought a pair of silver slip-ons with buckle for my ROM, also suggested by Cyn. My ROM gown was also maroon. Silver is easy to match with any colors, except white gowns.

claudia, will u be the Style wedding show this coming Sun? I think they don't hold more than 2 shows a year.

questy

Hi irene,
He...! i just shortlisted 2 WG and 1 EG. I'm more suitable for laced gowns, so cynthia suggested me to wait for a while for more to come in the next few months. Mayb i chin chai, so easy to be satisified with just a simple gown, he...! they just reserve them for me, so other brides who took the promo package will not select my gowns.

sparkling silver cannot match laced white gowns ah? then how? got to get the pair of laced heels? may i'll wear it when i go down for next appointment to see if it can match. thanks!

ur ROM gown is maroon ah, mayb i'll use my maroon ROMtoo, if i have more choices for EG, liked it very much, he..!

wenn

questy,
i did bought a pair of silver sandles from Studio Tangs with Swarovski crystals. it can match my white WG & orange EG
happy.gif

roro

hi doreen,
yup, i did top up some $$ to become 3 in 1( 10R) instead of portrait, if u wan a switch without any cost, it will be only 8R size.
happy.gif

sklek

good morning ladies
bounce.gif

saw j&c latest designs at the Style wedding show yesterday. Very nice and trendy, though to be frank, I would still prefer conventional gowns
lame.gif

ish, u got win any price? My number was very close to the winner winning WhiteLink's EG. My hubby and I nearly froze when the first 3 numbers were read out ...hee
biggrin.gif

cyn's biz is growing fast. While I was there chit chatting with her, her two tables were full with couples enquiring about her packages.

wenn

hi irene,
oic, the show was yesterday
happy.gif

i called them & nobody answered the phone... blur me
lol.gif

any idea wat sort of gowns u want? although cynthia has trendy & contemporary gowns, they still have conventional designs
happy.gif

however, i must say that do decide for urself what looks good on you & get Cynthia to see if the gown suits u... cos my fren was with J&C too & she chose a gown that din suit her lor as Karen was her coordinator & my fren din consult Cynthia... my fren was more laidback as compared to me as i'm quite fussy lor....
lol.gif

sklek

wenn, ur album still not ready?

actually cyn asked me wat kind of gowns i hav in mind coz she believes every gal has their dream gowns. Suit or not suit is another thing. I didn't really think much about it since wat i like may not suit me at all, so i decided to leave the first level filter for cyn
lame.gif

Hmmm..Personally I kinda of like off shoulder gowns, but suspect I won't look good coz my arms quite big
sad.gif

wenn

irene,
yah lor... not ready yet...

ic ic... make sure cynthia does the 1st level filter for u
happy.gif

my fren oso chose the off-shoulder WG the 2nd time round. the 1st WG she chosen was much nice,, something like Ted Wu's embroidery.. my sis said that her off-shoulder WG din fit her figure lor... that's why have to try on all the gowns till u find something that suits u.... i tried on more than 10 WGs till i blur man....
crazy.gif

sklek

well, maybe ur fred's dream is off-shoulder type of WG. Wah...u tried so many gowns,how u remember which u like best? did u take digital photo to ref?

wenn

yah lor.... anyway, it was her choice but all the guests at the table (inc my sis) felt that the WG din suit her lor....

only took photo after i confirmed the WG on that same session... that was Cynthia's terms... couldn't decide between the WG i chose & a bustier with a long train... the bustier was very beautiful with beadings & a criss-cross back ala corset style... but decided not to take it as bustier is pretty common lor.... luckily, i din choose bustier as my BIL's gf chose a bustier a-line design for their wedding in feb 04...

sklek

oh..that's quite sad, but as long as she's happy with her choice, that's most impt. Afterall, it's her big day.

i also feel bustier is a common choice, maybe most asian gals look good in this type of designs. One of my good gal friends also chose a bustier for her WG (she's with everbliss).

hmmm...wonder if cyn used ur albums for yesterday's show display or not
happy.gif

wenn

ic ic.. that's wat i thot so... bustier design suits asian figures
happy.gif

dun think she will use my album lah... cos they will make another album for display purposes... anyway, there are other prettier brides than me... hahahaha :p

friends78

Hi Irene and Wenn

I chose bustier too! I like bustier design since young. So much until I insist to Cyn that I only try bustier and must have big can can too! I just want to be like a princess. Silly hor?!

ish

I like bustier too!
happy.gif

I like cynthia's design better (compare to whitelink) although some are too glam for actual wedding day... can consider for PS

irene... i know your feeling! i nearly got the j&c evening gown... the winning number is 2107.. I'm 2108!

but at least I got something.. a $500 renovation voucher.. but need to spend at least $5000 to be entitled for the discount.. as good as none. furthermore.. my renovation is done long ago!

questy

Hi Doreen,
i also tried a bustier there, and it fits like it's made for me! Actually can tk it as actual day gown, but the train is much too long, still considering abt it. But will sure hv it in PS, he...!

wenn

hi doreen

i like bustier too! since i'm not wearing one for my wedding, i insisted on wearing one for PS
biggrin.gif

the one i wore for my bumboat shoot was just worn by another bride for her AD.

wenn

hi ish

i haven't done my reno yet. will be getting my flat maybe beginning of next year. which reno company is that?? how much r u willing to let go for the voucher? i might consider
biggrin.gif

wenn

hi gers,
just an update..

bought my GDL items on sunday from chinatown. not much lah cos my mum wanna keep things simple. so we only bought
- round red tray for oranges
- small basket
- ang baos
- red shuang xi stickers
- a big angbao for the pin jing
- red banner for main door
- gold colour tea set
- 2 red lamps

now, thinking about getting a <blink>real cake</blink> for my wedding banquet instead of cutting the dummy cake..
34530.gif

sklek

ish, u're lucky! I didn't win anything
sad.gif
which of the gowns caught ur eye? But not much EG shown, compared to WhiteLink. Cyn told me her gowns displayed on the show are mostly two piece gowns. I can't tell the diff
rofl.gif

wenn, wedding date drawing closer liao. Getting all excited? I'm getting my keys for my resale flat tomorrow
happy.gif
I had a chat with my hubby last nite, we would most likely need to get a reno loan though the amt of work needed is actually quite minimal
sad.gif

sklek

questy, ur figure must be quite good! When I tried the gowns, most of them I couldn't zip up...hahahah...me on the plump side lah. :p

doreen, don't call urself silly. I wan to feel like a princess on that big day too, and i'm sure many gals feel the same way. I like bustier with big can can too, but due to my figure, I can't take big can can.
nono.gif
Probably can take A-line type.