Intercontinental Singapore

P

peacer

Hi ty,

I encountered this headache before.
Dun think of rasa if u intend to go for a weekday banquet.

Peacer

lorraine

Hey all,

Is the bridal suite those shophouse (deluxe room) or Business Suite?
Do you think we can upgrade our bridal suite?

diamonds

Hi Basil,

Haven't seen the new designs of the cards yet. But oredi heard -ve feedback abt the new designs ;( I also like the 2 ringg' design but then I heard HI is not using it anymore, izzit?

bluesky

Hi basil,

I cannot remember how the romance theme is like, is it the one with red drape around the flower stand? So yours is 1 week before me leh! I am now getting nervous each day, I am sure you are more kan chiong than me liao. kekeke
I din really check around for prices and go straight to HI's printer. Actually they suppose to prepare a draft and fax to us to check first, then we found a few mistake and ask them to change. They came back with some corrected and new mistakes in some other area. This goes on so many times untill I lost count. When the day to collect my cards, I then realised that they have print my FIL's chinese name wrongly! How can I accept it, sure get scolding by in-laws.

Hi Diamonds,
When I selecting the card design, I thought the ring card is not bad leh, but I have a few comments from family members that it look like Jewelry shop advertisement card or pamplet.

Hi Lorraine,
Do you mean there is another suite call bridal suite? They gave me the Business Suite automatically. Maybe it depends on how many tables you confirm with them.

newhere

hi BlueSky,

how many tables you have? Have you seen the business suite? from the website, it seems to have a conference table?

diamonds

Hi Bluesky,

Oh izzit?! So, which card design did you choose? I tot the 2 rings' design looks alright to me. Anyway, it is still subject to individual's preference
happy.gif
Btw, wat is the name of the HI's printer you have engaged? How can they made so many mistakes in the printing of cards! Hope everything is fine by now
happy.gif

coolcitrusbasil

hi bluesky, yup thats the one, red drape around the flower stand :p hw u know my wedding a wk before u hee! wah really bad encounter and sounds bad
sad.gif
so in the end did they change at no add. cost?

Hi Diamond, they are still using the 2 rings card. they just went for another batch of reprint, few thousand copies more i think.. but as compared to the old batch they had given me earlier, the new batch looks a bit errr... if u place the 2 batches of "the 2 rings" cards together, u will figure out and know what i mean. :p if u havent seen the ring card before i think no issue loh :D hee!

diamonds

Hi Basil,

HI just email me the designs of its new cards. There are a total of 3 designs (3 boxes, doves & flora). All of them don't look appealing to me >
sad.gif
Of the 3 designs, only the flora design still can pass marginally... Seems like the hotel doesn't really pay attention to the designs of its cards ;( So disappointing...

bluesky

Hi newhere,
I have abt 31 to 35 tables. Ok...will check out the website. Tks!

Hi Diamonds,
In the end, I chose the 2 hearts one. The other design which is the red traditional type, its too plain. The printer is Jasvy Marketing.
If you choose the two hearts design, you can print your FH and your name on one heart and the wedding date on the other heart. Not bad leh.. but must pay more.. and the design of the card cannot use insert, got to print on the card, also must pay more..

Hi basil,
You mentioned yours is 1st week of sept, right? hehehe..mine is 2nd week.
They threatened that we are partially at fault without checking and confirm and we have to pay extra. I argued that it is their fault, keep changing and so many mistake, and cannot expect me to check every single word every time where I only ask them to amend the wrong one which I have circle on the fax. Further more, we do fill up everything that is impt in an application form. So they should follow that, right? Finally, they reprint without any charge.

diamonds

Hi Eggie,
I have already sent you the designs.

Hi BlueSky,
The hotel didn't send me the design of the 2 hearts. Is it the current or new design? I guess I wouldn't be using Jasvy Mktg then. Luckily, you managed to ask them to reprint w/o charging extra
happy.gif
Btw, did you highlight your experience w the printer to HI?

rin

hi all brides

congrats!

hi basil

u mentioned urs is on e 1st wk of sept, im attendg 1 on 1st wk too... could tt b urs??? haha
(mind tellg us e date?)

eggie

Hi Diamonds,

I got it already. Thanks a lot. I think 3 boxes and the flora is still okie. Which one are you choosing? I also think the dove one is too plain and look traditional too. Do you have a chance to view the real card?

S

squrrrrty

Hi Diamonds,

I am also a keen HI bride to be. Mind showing me the pics too? What printer experience are you discussing about? Was the printer recommended by Enya?

[email protected]

bluesky

Hi Diamonds,
I think the 2 hearts design is old one. If you are interested, can ask Enya to give you sample to take a look. I believe they still have stock cos' I only printed it less than 2 weeks ago.
yes, I asked my coordinator, which is my sis to feedback to Enya. My sis is quite upset abt it cos she is the one arranging it for me. But I know she is not at fault.

diamonds

Hi Eggie,

We haven't decided on which design. Btw, have you booked your banquet with HI?

Hi Squrrrrty,

I have already sent you the designs.

Hi Bluesky,
I see... At least, the printing issue has been settled
happy.gif
I think just forget abt the not so good experience with the printer and look forward to your BIG day! ;p

P

peacer

Hi all,

hope someone can kindly furnish me the followings;
1. anyone have info regarding the ballroom theme or better if u have photos...pls kindly share w me.
2. I also wonder if anyone can email me the available card designs for selection. My email is [email protected].
3. Wht is the march-in timeframe?

thks a lot

Peacer(HI bride)

fluff

Hi

Just gone down to see the cards and deco... Quite disappointing I must say... can I check with you is the 2 rings card the same as the 3 gold boxes card??? I only saw 2 red cards (definitely out), one hearts card, one pink flower and a three gold boxes card.. Thinking of buying cards but don't wanna spend unnecessary...

Also, for those who have seen the deco... don't u think the stage backdrop is rather plain??

Comments on the cards and deco please...

Fluffy

october

Hi all HI-brides to be,

Due to some mishaps, we had to cancel our wedding plans for early next year. I already have a confirmed package with HI on 2 Jan 2004 and paid S$5K deposit. I have a relatively good package with the hotel. Any interested couples please drop me an email [email protected] to receive the package info from me.

jbride

hi HI-brides,

hi fluffy, i've not checkout the latest theme yet...really that bad ah
sad.gif
i've seen the pix of all the deco avaliable...seems like quite a lot of choices...um, but i'll like to meet up with the florist to change the flowers & deco according to my theme...

karen, crapster, KC,
haven't hear from u guys for a while...still remember me? our wedding is one after another
happy.gif
have HI called u? they've called me for my invitation card collection & food tasting...& have anyone discussed with Anja regarding your banquet deco?

btw, anyone knows which florist does HI used?
And, any advice on the menu? i'll have to confirm my menu soon as i dun intend to have food tasting...

fluff

Hi jbride

the florist they are using is fleurconnection it's at a building nearby.. can't rem the name.. but u can't miss it.. it's the huge brown building with the huge oscar-award-like statues

Have you set your theme?? wanna get ideas... hehe

when's ur wedding.. mine's in dec.. haven't even draw up guest list.. actually haven't even settle a lot of things..oophs...panicking!!

eggie

hi kel,
have you seen the floral decoration? I heard from ppl that it's disappointing. Is that true? Do you happen to have the photos of the decor? Thanks a lot

ingenue78

hi kel,
i tot it's steffi's? i called Anja a couple of mths ago and she confirmed it.

Aiyo, if they r really using Fleurconnection, then we shld really worry. the decor is terrible...very bare...
;-(

fluff

Hi ino

I met her on 29th aug and she showed me the samples... not very sure... she kept saying that we can request for our theme and the types of flowers to use.. and that she'll do what she can... she didn't say much abt the cost.. got to check with fleur connections

eggie

hi all,
i just asked her about 2 weeks ago and she said it's fleur connection. i seen the flower decor and it seems quite bare. but i only seen one theme. I'm also concern about the flowers.

anybody had seen the decor?

jbride

hi kel, eggie, ino,

thanks for your infor..

u can ask for a softcopy of the deco from anja..they've sent it to me to choose my theme..but i dun think i'll be using their standard theme...i'll like to meet up with the florist to discuss abt the deco in 2 weeks time when i've decided on my color theme...

hi kel, my wedding is in early dec
happy.gif
me too, i've not settled anything for my banquet too...except for the liqor...i'm still drafting my guest list too...guess we muz 'jia you' huh...not much time left
sad.gif

peace

Hi jbride,

i thought there is few theme to choose?Pls kindly share w me the softcopy of the deco from anja..my email is [email protected]

haiz...my wedding also in early dec...like u..me still have not settled anything...start to panic...

btw anyone care to recommend any AD photo n videographer...thks

fluff

Hi jbride

must tell us more after u see the florist, k??
hehe

hi peace

I know a friend who does photo quite well. not sure if you are interested. he's freelancing.as for videographer I took fabian lim. you can see his website on the SB website. but he's quite ex but worth it. my friend got him so I'v seen his work

kel

eggie

Hi jbride,
Yah, the propose flower theme seems to be quite bare compared to other hotels where the decor are much more elobrate. The stage looks kinda of empty ler. Hope they will really improve on that.

Pls keep us update after you talk to them? Wonder if it's Intercon who didn't want to spend so much or it's the florist who didn't do a great job? Considering topping up too, especially for the stage.

ingenue78

hi,

quite disappointed with decor leh...was impressed with their ambience initially and was ok wif the floral decor by Steffi. Saw some prelim photos of the decor by Fleur connections b4...wasn't at all impressed. now that they have changed, dun noe whether the feel and look of the place look different...

mabbe we should all feedback to Anja abt their disappointing provisions so far i.e. cards and flower decor.

Hi eggie,
have u signed HI? i think the decor might be disappointing becoz of the price that we are paying now...HI seems to be more affordable than other 5 star hotels...hence tat cld be one reason why they are compromising on a lot of other things...
Perhaps can consider taking out the florist from the package and engage an external one...dun noe how much the deduction will be. Have enquired wif Poppy flora and they said that their banquet decor starts from $800 for decorating 22 tables...

eggie

Hi ino,
i have not signed up with HI but have make a tentative booking for Oct next year. For me, I was a bit hesistant to confirm and one of the reasons was I heard the flower decoration is a bit bad. I happen to have 22 tables too? Yours is also on a weekday? When's your wedding?

Yah, I seen Marriott decor and it's very nice but I don't really fancy the hotel's ambience. Wish I can have the best of both worlds. hahaha.

ingenue78

hi eggie,

ya ya!! i have not seen Marriot decor but have heard pple raving about it...do u happen to know who is the florist for Marriot?

eggie

hi ino,
if i'm not wrong, it's June florist because that's the florist we can get discount from if we book with Marriott. have you confirm for intercon or still thinking?

eggie

Hi ino,
Btw, i just realised the stage decor is using fake flowers. I wonder if they can use real flowers instead? Must top-up i think.

hi jbride,
Any updates on the flowers?

ingenue78

hi eggie,
have confirmed with intercon since the beginning of this yr.
mine is a weekday package. their min. no. of tables is 25. have they lowered their requirement?

have asked intercon to send me some photos of the flower decor.

I'm also going down to have a look at their floral set-up for a wedding held at inter-con this coming thurs. u wanna come along? i guess nothing beats seeing the real thing rather than speculation. ;-P

hhehehe...i think they muz be quite frustrated coz i called them 2x regarding the flower decor. i muz be one kan cheong bride...

eggie

hi ino,
no, the minimum requirement is still 25 but I'm only confirming 22. With this, I can't bargain much perks because of the limited number of tables. basically didn't get much at all.

I actually have seen the photos from intercon and had viewed the actual decor twice. Furthermore I can't make it this Thursday. Actually the whole decor is not that bad, the flowers on the aisle and table are all fresh and nice. Just the usage of the fake flowers on stage looks very bare.

Let me know after your visit and pls feedback to me. Thanks

jbride

hi eggie, ino,

i've been bz writing my guestlist last week so no time to think abt the flowers yet...i'll confirm my theme 1st before meeting Anja to discuss abt the deco...probably in mid oct...

btw, i dun intend to go for the food tasting...any suggestion on the menu? any dish that is nice or terrible huh? i think i'll need to confirm my menu when I meet them in oct...onegai! Thanks!
happy.gif

eggie

hi jbride,
All the best for your wedding preparation. Must be getting very busy har? You gave up your food tasting to exchange for something else?

My fh just attended the wedding at Intercon and feel that the mackarel for weekday wedding is not nice(maybe can request to change the fish) and the dragon & phoenix cold dish is not very nice. Not sure if you are having weekday or weekend wedding. Hope this helps. Can just read some of the comments from previous brides too.

jbride

hi eggie,

thanks for your feedback...
i'm having a weekend wedding...so i think the dishes are slightly different...i've read some of the comments posted here but not a lot of infor
sad.gif

um, we've exchanged it for something else...

ingenue78

hi eggie,
me changed it to sea bass....
dun noe whether it's better. ideally i wld prefer soon hock..but it's more ex.
will go for food tasting in nov tho...

cubie

Hi Jbride
I 've changed the mackarel to sea bass 'coz it sounds better.
what have you have swapped the food tasting with?
wehn is ur wedding?

eggie

hi ino,
i think i'll do that too. do we need to top-up for that? today you are going to see the decor rite? feedback to me what you think after that.
btw, do you already have the pics of the decor?

ingenue78

hi eggie,
i have pix of the decor. will send it to u...
;-)
nope, we do not have to top up for the sea bass. however, some feedback tat it's also not very nice....hahahhaha....
anyway, we'll hv our food tasting and see how...

ingenue78

hi eggie,
went to see the decor yesterday. i muz say tat i'm quite upset coz it's so different from what i have seen when i've first signed up. The centrepieces are so plain. The stage is so bare...think i need to speak with them again.

eggie

hi ino,
i have not seen the flower decor before Fleur connection took over. When did you sign up?

But I think we have the same feeling. The flowers on the aisle are pretty. By the way, which theme you seen yesterday?

Which centrepiece u saw? There is another one with some flowers with the tealight and "bowl" in the middle. I think that's nicer.

Yah, the stage is really bare and use fake flowers some more. You observe that? Actually I do feel for ppl who attend they will just see this as the typical setup of a wedding banquet. We as bride will tend to be more anxious.

ingenue78

hi.

fr the pix tat intercon has sent, there wasn't any indication tt intercon has a theme with candlelight centrepieces. if there really is, i hope we need not top up for it. u wanna check with them?

fudge

Hi all! I'm also having my banquet at HI. My FH wanted it.And since it was pillar-less, affordable and a central location, I agreed. But now, I feel they compromised on the card design, decor (not enough ambience/flowers) n favours (ltd n in plain economical boxes for the chox). Other hotels like Merchant Court aint too expensive yet their ambience, cards n favours are sooo nice. I really don understand why HI doesn't pay attention to all these. Can we actually "gang up" n seek an improvement for better enjoyment of our Big Day?

peace

Hi ino,

Sad to inform u tt intercon does not have any theme w candlelight centrepieces.

and Fudge......u have my support!!!