Intercontinental Singapore

mintyy

Hello Btbs! i'm a IC btb too... notice that the 2 projector screens are all placed at one side of the wall... make it difficult for the guests sitting right next to the wall to view the montages/videos. Are there any way to minimise or resolve the problem here?

Thks in advance for the advice, past or present btbs! =)

alyssa_c

I just got married at intercon this month. We had a weekend lunch and everything went well. Our banquet manager, Trina, was very attentive and understanding considering we were such a last minute couple and had so many changes to the table numbers right till the day before the wedding.

As for themes, i chose the vintage affair. Honestly i do not think u need so many themes for intercon cos that theme itself is the best u can get for the ballroom. Seriously other colours and combis just look really tacky and do not compliment the ballroom at all. If you like themes like mandarin oriental, then u shd not choose intercon. Why fuss yourself over a theme that does not compliment their ballroom?

Service wise was good, no complains and everyone had praises for the food. The only hiccup we had was we did not have enough carpark coupons to give all the guests so if anyone is having a lunch, try to have more carpark coupons rather than wine etc.

Importantly, i do not think u guys shd be so hard up about "fighting" for perks. If u are nice to the hotel pple, they will naturally waiver some stuff if they can on the actual day for you. I cant say what they waivered for me in the end but all I can say is dont be so hard up if u do not get the so called "perks" from the roadshow. At the end of the day, they will try to do everything they can to make your wedding a pleasant one.

I really enjoyed my wedding at intercon, looking back, it was the best decision i made for the whole wedding. You will never regret having it at that ballroom!

sepiafeathers

Alyssa, that's awesome! my htb and i didnt really "fight" for extra perks as we badly wanted to have our wedding in the beautiful ballroom. Im super looking forward to the big day!! :D

houseoflove

Alyssa, good that your wedding went well. But regarding the intercon hotel themes, oh ya? If you think vintage theme is the only tat suits the ballroom and the rest of the themes look tacky, why dun you feedback to intercon? Then can save the rest of the brides the trouble of choosing a theme .

alyssa_c

well houseoflove, do not be offended by what i mean. I just wanted to say that i think their themes, though much lesser than the other hotels, are really the best u can get because i have seen other options from prev years and they really do not look that nice and i am sure the hotel wants the ballroom to look the best for their couple too. To be very honest with u, i was quite upset they removed the blue tiffany theme just before 2012 cos that was the theme i really liked the most. They did try having other themes before like red/black etc but it really didnt turn out that nice in pictures. The problem with intercon's ballrom (in my opinion), compared to mandarin oriental, is that intercon's ballroom has a gold printed wallpaper all round whereas mandarin oriental does not, hence its easier to play around with more themes for mandarin oriental compared to intercon. Maybe try imagining if any of the mandarin oriental themes will suite the intercon ballroom, if it does i think u can feedback to them. They are very open with suggestions

Just feel that intercon versus mandarin oriental's balrooms are like apples and oranges, they are really different ballroom styles
happy.gif
so if u really like the mandarin oriental themes i think u shd go w mandarin oriental instead of intercon, they are not bad either!

sepiafeathers

alyssa, i agree with you. having done my fair share of research, mandarin oriental's ballroom has a different 'feel' from intercon's. the very classic and vintage theme at intercon makes it difficult to lend itself to a variety of themes. i guess u gotta like the intercon ballroom alot to overlook the fact that the themes there are limited (which i did!)
anyhow, peace guys! it's great to be able to share ideas and opinions on forums like these :D

alyssa_c

thanks sepia feathers
happy.gif
yes i too, was quite disappointed with their limited themes at first but just want to let the BTBs know that their current themes now are really complimentary to the ballroom, so no regrets on my part when i saw how well the vintage affairs setup was done on my wedding day
happy.gif

sepiafeathers

alyssa, btw, how is the setup like for the other guests' table? is it necessary to top-up deco? and pls share what favours u chose! it would be great to hear other brides' experiences
happy.gif

alyssa_c

hey sepiafeathers, the setup for the other guests is quite simple, just a small vintage holder and flowers. For the VIP table they will have a more elaborate vase but my parents felt it kinda blocked the view of the other pple sitting in the same table. I personally feel there isnt a need to top up the decor in terms of flowers but i think it would be nice if u can personalize your table number holders. Honestly the setup would be lovely with Tiffany chairs but they dont come at a cheap price so if u want i think u can just do it for the VIP table. Favours i chose the coasters and the salt and pepper shaker. HTHs
happy.gif

schongal

surprised to see that the prices shot up!
Had my AD at Intercon last Oct in the small ballroom of 80 pax. I think I paid only 1200 max per table. We upgraded the fish and dessert coz my MIL didn't like the one in the menu.

I had Jarls as my coordinator - quite a young and not so experienced lady, but everything turned out still ok.
I chose the theme with the purple cloths but we were shocked to see that they have mixed up out theme with the vault's couple. The entire theme became white, so I demanded them to change immediately which they could only find pink (but still, it was better than nothing).
When my relatives arrived, my auntie told me that they were showing a different couple montage at my assigned ballroom, so my hubby had to rush down to get the coordinator to change while I made-up.
but the food was fantastic.

sepiafeathers

thanks for sharing!! :D
im having a lunch buffet as we prefer an informal setting. it's def not cheap at all despite it being a lunch buffet. it's still abt $120/pax. i'm quite worried about the logistics..anyone been to a wedding buffet reception or had one? my coordinator did reassure me but still...guess i'm a pretty anxious bride!

yupyupyup

Hi everyone, can I check if any of you had your solemnisation at the area outside the main ballroom, and added on additional decor? Can share the pricing and what kind of decor you did? Thanks! =)

fellynelly

I just booked mine for 2013 at intercont. the package was awesome. had free flow beer and 1 bottle wine per table + waiver of wine and hard liquor corkage. on top of that many other upgrades...
happy.gif

sshheena

Hmms . we were hoping to get 27 jan 2013 , but instead they only have 2 feb 2013 .

The perks given to us is very very very attractive (think not convenient to mention here..) , but we chose shangri-la instead because we they have our prefered date .

maybe you can go down and negotiate . They are very easy to negotiate as compared to various hotel.

blu3girlh4m

hi fellow intercon brides, would like to check if anyone of u used the foyer outside the ballroom for solemnization? did u all deco the place yourself or engage florist to do the deco for u? i understand that the hotel will not do much deco for us. i would like to check how much is it to engage florist to deco the place.

xiaotuzi

Hi blu3girlh4m. I will be having my solemnization ceremony at the foyer outside the grand ballroom, and i agree with you that the decor done by the hotel is minimal. I will be engaging a florist to do up the place for me. (Im still in the midst of searching for a suitable one) The prices will range from $500 up to $2000, depending on what is your requirement.

I will be having my solemnization ceremony at the foyer outside the grand ballroom too...:p indeed the decor is minimal, have in mind to move out the floral decor from inside the ballroom for solemnization then shift them back in again...haha....not sure if the hotel will allow that tho...its kinda wasteful to spend so much on flowers just for a short solemnisation session leh....

Tks houselove....I just had the most memorable experience at Hotel Intercontinental.

The event director, Mr Ravi's service was totally above and beyond expectation. He went way beyond his call of duty to assist my HTB to arrange his planned wedding proposal.

We would strongly recommend Mr Ravi, his team and Hotel Intercontinetal to any potential couples.

Regards

sherology

Hi BTB,

I have booked a wedding package with Intercontinental last year for a dinner banquet to be held on 27 September 2013. Due to personal reasons, I have to let it go =(

If anyone is interested, pls drop me an email at [email protected] to discuss further!

Thank you!!

hi... anyone tried the food at intercontinental? how was it? is the serving big? im looking at wedding lunch. =) would be glad to hear some advices. =)