Intercontinental Singapore

gingoh

Hi Jordan,
not sure if you still check the thread. Sorry that I don't check in as often after the wedding. I brought my own wine for the banquet and still have many bottles left! haha, apparently we 'overestimated' our guests. if you are interested, i can sell them to you. hehe. do let me know if you are interested. my videographer is alvinadeline and photographer is oneeyeclick. email me at [email protected] if you need more info ok? =)

i know there has been quite a number of negative comments abt intercon but like what i have mentioned previously, im very thankful that my coordinator was Jane. i just went there to pass some stuff to another bride and dropped Jane a note. The next thing, she called me on my hp and when she couldnt get me, dropped me an sms. i didnt have chance to take a pic with her on my wedding day and thus wanted to go down again to take pictures with her as a keepsake. of course, if kim hock is around, i would wan him in the picture too!

i agree with the rest of the brides that it is almost non-negotiable with regards to the wedding perks but i like this as i dont have to worry about my bargaining powers and can be assured that anyone who pays the same price as i do is getting the same perks as i am. however, they DO try their best to help. i'm not their salesperson but im really a satisfied client of Jane and Kim Hock. =)

lokiewedslydia

hihi

jus to chip in my tots on intercon

i very muc wanted to hold my weddin at intercon on 11nov2011.

i contacted em in jan thru 3 seperate emails abt my interest in intercon on 111111 ..

they onli replied mi in march with regards to the ballroom bein taken

and ther was no follow up on alternative dates that i may be interested in

my htb and i felt rejected by intercon.. it was my 1st n onli choice hence i was very disappointed

i've decided on mandarin oriental instead on 091011 hehe..

tts my 2cents worth of impression tt intercon gave me

nonetheless, the ballroom is gorgeous!

starrylove

Went down to Intercon a few days ago and met with one of their coordinators was half an hr late but didn't apologise, was very condescending and pulled a long face like the world owed her something. Was quite an upsetting meeting.

Ended up signing with another coordinator Jane who was quite a dear. Wouldn't usually have bothered after my first encounter, but the Intercon ballroom is really lovely!

cathkweh

Starrylove - I also sign up with Inter last week, mine is on 25th Sept, and your? My co-ordinator is Stephanie, she is quite friendly and responsive
happy.gif

kenx

Anyone has heard anything from Intercon regarding the new rules from COMPASS? I understand we have to pay for the music for the Videos and montage thru' our videographer or photographer. Do we need to pay any extras to play background music during the banquet? some hotels have emailed their customers on this. but as my wedding is 2011 Q3, dun think Intercon will contact me so fast so i'm just curious if any of you heard anything from intercon. Thanks.

babessg

hi im new and am considering this hotel after i saw the photos from here!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=149315&id=140856633939#

Ohh... i chanced upon this! the blue theme is nice! and the hotel looks really classy! anyone else got other colour theme to share?

but after hearing u guys talk about the service and the rigidness of the hotel, makes me think twice.

end of the day, its about having a happy event and even though its fair that they give the same perks to all couple, the most basic good standards like portion of food, service etc should be good enough for us not to complain about the place. right? i mean its a reputable hotel and people always write reviews on tripadivisor etc to talk about thenm. thou i also know humans will never think is enough and will ask for this and that. hahaha

2010btb

Hi Kenix,

I just had my wedding last mth in intercon and my coordinator, Jane, told me that so far, it is okay to play background music (dun hv to pay extras) during the banquet. She did not specify original CDs but I used original CDs anyway
happy.gif

Hi Wendy,

Intercon is a really beautiful place for weddings! totally adore the ballroom and Jane is a superb coordinator!! She is real attentive and thoughtful. E.g. my husband was having a sore throat on our wedding day and she noticed it shortly after she met us and got us honey drinks. V v nice lady and she is very efficient is getting back on queries. Srongly recommended! Hope I am not overloading Jane with too many couples!
happy.gif

Have fun gals!

kenx

Mine's jane too.

I heard COMPASS is still in the midst of finalising the details. Hope it will not be too negative in the future. Keeping my fingers crossed.

blackangel55

Hi all,

I'm interested in IC for my wedding banquet next year nov. have seen the ballroom once during my fren's wedding, was impressed with the chandalier lightings, making it look grand. realised tat IC's wedding banquet prices is higher compared to other hotels, esp Sat. I've estimated around 32 tables but they need min 35 for Sat, is it true? only Fri and Sun is min 32. but add up taxes etc one table also around $1390. anyone have any recent wedding banquet pics at IC to share?

julia85

hi blackangel~

yup its true tat sat they need min 35 tbls...
i jus went to their wedding show on 1 Aug...

mon-thurs min 27 tbls @ 888++
fri min 32 tbls @ 1088++
sat min 35 tbls @ 1288++
sun min 32 tbls @ 1188++

blackangel55

Julia: Thanx for your reply, how's the wedding show? I met up with the coordinator b4 the wedding show, not very flexible. I find IC too over-priced, thus decided not to take it.

ballerinagirl

hi all im a anti-ic btb hehe..

jus my 2cent worth of ic

my fren chose ic as she ONLY likes the ballroom
so oki ic it was.. in the end she regretted cos
1) food was cold

2) whn her videographer and photographer wanna go up on the stage to take more shots durin yum seng, he was chased down by the manager as the stage is nt stable

3) the march in light is not consistently bright, its by individual still spotlight i.e. u walk into bright (whn under the spotlight) -> den suddenli no light -> bright -> no light-> goes on.. i hope u get what i mean

4) they r very rigid on the perks

5) they noe you choose ic cos of the ballroom decor.. chandelier.. etc hence they noe u'd agree to abt anythin jus cos of that ballroom

6) alot of ppl dunno IC is so expensive, my fren made a lost of more then 10k as mos ppl gave her $100 angbao.. n commented the food portion is little n cold. i noe weddin is not abt makin $ but losin so muc is a heartache

7) i myself initially decided on ic too cos of the ballroom but thankfully through my fren's experience, i had chosen another hotel

8) the welcome foyer was so small... we were squeezin lk sardines

9) right after the weddin.. the coor. reminded my fren of the payment.. duh.. apparently suppose to pay be4 the banquet start la.. but den the groom had discussed with em to pay the nex mornin as they wanna use angbao cash + creditcard for the bal. CANNOT DO THAT
other 5 star hotel can.. eg. raffles why IC cannot?

hehe.. sorry my 2cent worth is so lor soh.. but cos of the ballroom my fren suffered so muc unhappiness wif em.. she felt really sad la..

still i mus say

the ballroom is gorgeous!

pinkalicious

Hi pretties. I just joined this forum and this is my 1st post.

I just recently signed with ic. It's quite a bad experience. My coordinator is not Jane/Stephanie. It's a guy. He got quite a number of details wrong and it's really frustrating. I just hope it will go smoothly.

Good luck to all of you too!
happy.gif

lokiewedslydia

oo jane left?

tts gd to noe.. i tot e ballroom & jane is intercon's onli saving grace! hehe..

jane is so nice she deserve another hotel tt allows her to be even nicer.. intercon is so rigid hehe! im sorrie tt im so negative with intercon cos i feel they r very money-makin oriented den wantin to create individually special weddins

pinkalicious

hah, *wave to Kenix!*
ya loh, in the end signed the same hotel as you because my bf likes the ballroom.

But my coordinator is lousY (I hope yours is better).

BTW, Do you girls have reserved tables on top of the min?

kenx

my coordinator is trina now since jane has left.

for the number of tables, can settle when your guest list is ready, meaning nearer to the wedding date. dun have to commit anything yet. which month is ur wedding? 2011?

jonquil101

Hi All,

I just join this forum. Hoping to get some information while I am considering to take up the offer at intercon. Anyone has experiences taking up the lunch offer here.

How about the wedding coordinators? Who are the better ones? I check out and confirm with one of the coordinator that Jane had left?

Anyone have experience with Karen or Stephanie?

kenx

oh.. just 1 month after mine.. hee..

guess all the coordinators are pretty new.. not sure if they are good.

pumpkeen

Hi all, I wrote in to enquire on their wedding dinner packages for 2011 not too long ago. I stated clearly my requirements as well as the exact wedding date. However what I received was a rather indifferent reply, asking for these details all over again & highlighting THEIR requirements instead.

I then met up with one of the coordinators, she was warm though, but I felt that they were not as flexible in terms of perks and other simple arrangements. Somehow I guess perhaps they are still high in demand, which explains my experience with them.

Nevertheless, if you are a BTB whose top priority is the ambiance, they definitely have one of the most enchanting ballrooms in Singapore per se.

alyssatay23

HI all btb
happy.gif
I had a not so nice experience with IC today... so I decide to come online to read abt the reviews...didn't did I expect, they don't have many good reviews exp the ballroom
sad.gif

Just wanna share my encounter with you ladies, I emailed them on Sun. They replied my email on Mon. Telling me there is a waiting list of my interested date. Hence I wrote in to ask how long they are holding on the waiting list, no reply after 2 emails. Then in the evening, a guy named 'Arif' called me, w/o knowing any info, he call and did not speak w/o my prompting. Then he says he will check the email for wat it is all abt and get back to me. In the end, he did not.
So the next day, I managed to get thru his desk phone aft several calls.
Me: Can I check with you how long you will hold the waiting list for the other couple?
He: Usually it's 3 working days...
Me: May I know from which day you start counting 3 working days?
He: Are you interested?
Me: Of course =)
He: Are you paying deposit?
Me: Of course no! I have to view the site first...
He: Ya after you confirm you want, then you pay.
Me: But there is a waiting list.
He: After you confirm you want, then you won't back out right? Then I will tell the waiting list couple that they have 3 days.

After tat I'm already super irritated with him already, he doesn't sounds like he is from service industry. Very disappointed.. though I managed to make arrangement to meet him tmr but he has yet to send me the pricing that he promised...
Anyway, I think I will not go tmr... Before meeting him, I already don't feel gd with him, can't imagine if I'm going to work with him for my whole wedding
sad.gif

Anyway that is my personal encounter...
happy.gif

pumpkeen

Hi Alyssa,

This guy Arif called me after I wrote them an email complaining about their inefficiency. He sounded alright over the phone explaining that they will try their best to accustom to individual customer's requirements. He too, promised to send over a quote on the customized package.

The call took place couple of weeks ago, I haven't heard a word from him since then.

I seriously think they should look into this matter. One may say that they remain high in demand, but I don't see why people should settle for the substandard services they provide. It's just a matter of time.

alyssatay23

Haleigh (pumpkeen)>
Huh...it has been since a week and he has not get back to you!!! Seriously, what are they doing? So have you found your venue then?
You know while after a conversation with him, I asked if he is from catering sales or he is the wedding coordinator, he replied: I will be the one you liaise with till the wedding day... (-.-")
you can't imagine how disppointed I was =(

pumpkeen

Hi Alyssa,

It was two weeks!

Anyway, I received a contract from another Hotel yesterday, I guess most probably will not go with IC. It's too much to risk.

Good luck to all the BTBs on your wedding prep.

roundround

hey ladies, i just went down to intercontinental yesterday to view the ballroom. It is absolutely stunning!!!!!! so i decided to come online see the reviews. would like to share some comments with you girls
The wedding coordinator that i met was really warm and friendly despite me being 30 mins late
sad.gif
couldnt get off work in time!!
as my partner and i hadnt quite really decided on the dates yet, she patiently sat us down and discussed the possibility of dates/ pros and cons etc. We briefly went through the package and i will definitely contact her again once i have reviewed my dates with the parents.
Also just to share with you guys, i think they are going to have new themes! She shared with me that these themes were in planning stage and might be (high possibility) shown during the upcoming BOWS wedding show which they will be participating. I am so excited to see the results and the themes sounded realllly nice!
You know how other places just plays on colour themes, they are using themes like fairytale/vintage etc.sounds so dreamy and magical!

corinne

Hello,

When will the next BOWS wedding show be?

So far, my co-ordinator is still alright i guess. she hasn't stepped on my tail yet... she's pretty new, so most of what we requested for during the wedding show in August, she gave it to us. A little slow, but maybe cos i'm very anal when it comes to service.

I actually gave them a piece of my mind when i received 4 of exactly the same emails in a span of 24 hours. one of which, was wrongly addressed to us.

roundround

hi there Corinne
BOWS is on 15 to 17 October according to Stephanie. To be honest. having 4 replies is much better than having NO reply. i must say, in comparison to other hotels, they got back much quicker with availability
happy.gif
i really cant wait to see their themes.

jarls

Hi

My name is Jarls from Singapore and I am an undergraduate at a Hospitality Management school in Switzerland. For my undergraduate dissertation, I am looking at the negotiation behaviour of prospective wedding couples looking to hold their wedding banquet at 5-star hotels in Singapore.

Your response is kindly appreciated and will aid in the completion of my paper.

This survey will take up 15-20 minutes of your time.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/negotiated_decision_making_weddings_in_Singapore

Thank you.

alyssa_c

I am considering IC cos of the pretty ballroom but after reading the reviews here i m abit worried
sad.gif

I also have a problem that i can only fill a max of 25 tables now. I checked with one of the staff at IC (but he is not a wedding co-ordinator) and he said its possible to share the ballroom if another couple has a small pax on the same day too. Is this true?

Does anyone know if there are other hotels with similar ballroom styles as IC (e.g. chandelier, brightly lited and with mirrors on walls)? I know IC probably has one of the best ballrooms but i dont mind compromising abit especially if i really cant hit their minimum pax.

Dear All

I would like to clarify that our ballroom can be partitioned into 3 sections. Therefore it is possible to accommodate smaller weddings next to each other. However we tend to sell as a whole ballroom so that it's grandeur can be fully appreciated.

InterContinental Singapore Management

kenx

Hi there, glad to have Intercon here to answer some of our questions.

Is there any changes from the new rules from COMPASS? Do we need to pay any extra to play background music during the banquet? Does Intercon have a selection for us to choose from or we need to prepare the song list ourselves?

Dear Alyssa

On behalf of the management of InterContinental Singapore, I am sincerely apologetic for your recent encounter. I am appalled by this incident and i am determined to personally ensure that your onward journey with us will be most pleasant. I have tried to call you but you were not available. Kindly cotnact me at [email protected]

Kind regards
Ravi Yellan
Director Of Events

Dear Kenix

We have a wide selection of choices for you. This selection from approved list is not chargeable. Kindly contact your wedding planner should you need to go through the list.

Kind regards

Ravi Yellan

kenx

Do we require a separate license for music/songs from video edits and montage? are we able to rely the approved list of songs that Intercon has?

kenx

if the hotel's license does not cover for the music used in montage/video, is the hotel able to play background music while the montage is playing? if it's background music, it's still covered by the hotel right?

pinkalicious

Hey jazzy, yes mine coordinator is ariff. Will not mentioned the encounters with him and his boss *ahem*

All I wanna say is the service is definitely not what I expected.

Happy planning to me and all btb!

kenx

Meaning to say i'll just provide a montage with no audio but the length of the montage should be the same as the song selected and Intercon can play the music while the montage is playing?