Hong Kong: Where to Shop?

postpet2

Chloe : i got check this one out as well.
Impression is not cheap leh. May be wrong lah...so let's wait for benee to come back.

jackfruit7

Hi,
Me going HK also next mth. Can't wait to go...shopping spree....thanks for all the info!

Btw, any idea where to get Kwa in HK?

Thanks.

babyg

Hi postpet2,

How long you take from the KCR station to Lo Wu shopping complex in shenzhen? I m plaining to hav a shopping trip there too... but worry abt the pick pocket condition in Shenzhen.

tiny

Hi Loveluis,
sorry i took so long. forgot to post here. my friends said you can find kwas at Shanghai Street...altho i don't know where that is so can't help u much!

meijia

Hi postpet and all,

I am back.

Really very tired, spend all 3 days shopping from 10am till 12 midnight. Legs almost broke liao but I enjoyed the shopping.

Everywhere is having sale, even for those small shop also.

I managed to find Heng Hiang and kee wah in SOGO. I like heng Hiang egg roll and Kee wah cookies.

Spend all my $$ and din get to drink "Xu liu shan" before I left. But luckily I get to drink on the first day at the airport. It taste great. Next time must drink more
happy.gif

benee

Hi Chloe

The Fancl Slim Extra is HK$310(1-2boxes), HK$285(3-5boxes), and $265 (6boxes above). The Fancl Slim is HK$180(1-2boxes), HK$165(3-5boxes).

Hope this helps!!

Postpet2: FYI: The midlevel escalator actually goes downward in the morning till 10am for those pple living up to go down. Then it changes to upward going for everyone else from 10am onwards.
happy.gif

There are also many buses, mini buses serving the residents up at midlevel to bring them down to the MTR etc. That's how they maintain their freshly makeup look!!
happy.gif

tiny

jackfruit, no problem! oh, i didn't realise that you were also asking abt kwas, till i saw your thanks! cos loveluis asked me that quite a while back.

joycelyn_chia

Hi i will be going HK this sep...Anyone who been to HK can recommend which hotel to stay? Anyone stayed in concourse or Royal Plaza hotel? Do give me the rates too. Thanks.

michell79

hi..

im stayed Prudential Hotel last time(April). At Jordon MRT. The MRT juz at the hotel downstair.
Its very convenient. Coz the whole block have shopp ctr.
rate..sorry. nt able to provide u. coz last time i followed tour agency. mayb u can chk out tis link :
http://www.hong-kong-hotels-discount.com/

happi shopping! remember go ESPIRIT warehse at Tsim Sha Shui! :p

abri

Hi how is the weather in HK recently? Heard there are heatwave? Is it very hot and stuffy? Thanks!

pepsi

Hi Tommy N Ling,
I stayed in Concourse about 5 years ago. Quite ok, not bad for a 3 star hotel b, ok for the price...within walking distance (about 15mins) to ladies street. But high population of China tourists.
But if you have $ to spare, of course go for Royal Plaza. Stayed there twice. Its 4.5 or 5 stars. Very convenient, coz linked to a big shopping centre, with food court. About 10 mins walk to ladies street and flower street. Would want to go there and stay if not for the price.

elmo2109

Hi all,
I heard of this promotion recently.
5D4N at West Hotel (3 Star, 5-10 min to Jordan MTR)
$519 by Cathay Pacific
Full day city tour and airport transfer
min 2 to go
may i know is it worth?
anyone stay in this hotel before/familiar with this hotel.
Pls advice. Thx.

babybbsg

hi all,

I will be going to hk on 17 july.Will be staying at Kimberly hotel.Is the hotel good and accessible?

I am looking at buying man and woman's suits.Can u pls tell me where can I buy them from?Good quality and trendy.Also fashionable ladies clothing..

Thanks
happy.gif

babybbsg

forget to add on..Is digital camera and handphone cheaper in sin or hk??Also, is hk handphone compatible to use in sin??

THANKS
lol.gif

autumnair

Hi gals,

I will be going HK next week.

Will appreciate if somebody can tell me the opening time of Yung Kee for weekdays n weekends. Wld like to try the goose during lunch time cos i remember one of the gals saying tt it is cheaper for lunch.

Also, heard fr u gals tt Fa Yuen St is worth going. but shld i go during the day or nite? wat time do the shops at Fa Yuen St close?

Hv anyone been to the factory outlets in Hung Hom, Tsing Yi and Ap Lei Chau? R they worth visiting? n how do we go there cos i think they are not accessible by MTR. Also, wat time do the shops in those areas open normally?

Pls advise. Thks.

benee

Hi autumnair
Yung Kee opens about 11am daily. Lunch is definitely cheaper, but remember to sit on the groundfloor. On weekdays and sat, the groundfloor is like char chan ting style, you look for empty seats anywhere, and order. On the third floor, it's restuarant style.. Hope this helps!

It's better not to go Fa Yuen St too late.. the shops close early, think about 9pm or so.

melbz

Hey Angeline,

Kimberly Hotel is pretty okay. Typical 3-star hotel. Its quite accessible too. About 2 min walk from Granville Rd, and about a 10 min walk from TST MTR station. I walked to Harbour City/Canton Road from there too. Lots of cafes and cha(2) can(1) ting(1) around, so can easily to settle your meals too.

Hope this helps!

tomatoes

Hi all

Juz to update you all that the hang heung outlet at Wan Chai and Mongkok have been closed. The safest bet to go to the SOGO at Causeway bay... Hang Heung wife cake is much cheaper and nicer than Wing Wah at the airport...

viavia

First day in Hk today and i am so "lucky" to have the typhoon hitting. Strong gale and heavy rain had force us to stay in the hotel room whole day. My first day in Hk can be considered wasted. No shops are open. Sorely disappointed.

All activities seem to come to a halt with the typhoon. Heard that their stock exchange was closed for the day too.

It's really depressing to meet with such things on your trip. Now cooped up in the hotel room listening to the storm outside. Sigh....

postpet2

ms pink, its very near to Kowloon Hotel in TST.
When you can locate Kowloon hotel, walk down the street a little while more, look up and soon you can see the esprit sign.

viavia: you still in HK now? yeah, heard abt the typhoon on the news...terrible...

and do try Yung Kee, i miss the goose noodle. If you order the goose rice, its quite a large portion...
while at yung kee, can go look for Tai Cheung Egg Tart? Highly recommended here which was closed when i was there..

pepsi

Hi all,
I will be going to Hongkong in mid Aug...any idea which credit card is the most widely acceptable or offers the most promotion? THks!

viavia

Yes. Do try the Tai Cheong eggs tarts. It's rather buttery and it melts in your mouth! Costs HK$3.50. The old man there is very friendly. Absolutely no airs even though their eggs tarts are famous.

At TST, find out where The Peninsula hotel is first. It's on the same side of The Peninsula (not the entrance but the side) just walk further down..along Nathan Rd (and direction is away from the Space Musuem). Esprit warehouse is on the basement but there is a big sign so wont miss.

Dunno you understand or not. Difficult to explain like that. If you are shopping along Nathan road, it's easy to find. Just remember it's closer to the Peninsula side. Not the other end of Nathan Rd.

Can try postpet2's method too. Just that Kowloon Hotel is not as prominent as The Peninsula as it's located in a lane called Middle Rd.

For those going Hk soon. Do bring an umbrella out while shopping. The weather there quite cranky while i was there. Suddenly rain then rain for 5 mins suddenly stopped. Then 15 mins later, rain again.Then stopped...keep getting my umbrella in and out. Happened most days while i was there. Was told it's like that during jul/aug....so do be prepared.

ppgroom

is Prudential Hotel nice? heard it's a 4-star hotel... anyone can comments? also heard it's very convenient. true?

I'm going there for 4 days trip. besides shopping, what else can me and my wife do?

also heard about the 'Wong Dai Xin' temple. where is it har?

ah_cat

Hi all,

Any comments abt Stanford Hillview Hotel? Will be going there by next week, so any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

lros

PPgroom

i stayed at pruton prudential when i was in HK last time... very convenient...its just above Jordan MTR...so even when you went back late...you have no worries about your safety especially the hotel is near nathan road which is notorious for gang fights...

'Mai Dong Xi', 'Chi Dong Xi'...makan lor... not sure if you like to visit 'lautau island' where the big buddha temple is... can spend one day to go there... quite scenic when you are up there... go and climb the 200 steps and it is beautiful...

'Wong Tai Xian' temple is near 'Wong Tai Xian' MTR...a short walk away... turn left after you get out of the exit...

shirlynn77

Hi,

Juz wonder if anyone can advise me how to get to Macau and Lantau Island?

I will be staying at Langham Place Hotel, Mongkok station.

Thanks!

fatcat

wow how much you pay for this hotel, it just open lately and heard is a 6 star hotel. if you want to go macau, there is 2 pier you can use Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Terminal at Sheung Wan.
, or The China Ferry Terminal is located on the Tsimshatsui waterfront alongside Harbour City, on the Kowloon side of the harbour, it's easy to find you won't miss it.By the way if you are rich enough, you can go Macau by Helicopters, also can find them at the Sheung Wan Ferry Terminal
biggrin.gif

shirlynn77

Think the hotel just opened and got promotion rates, if not wrong, the promotion is until 10th October.

I compare the rates and total package is only a few tens dollars more expensive than those 3 star hotel.

Thanks for the information to Macau, I will choose the cheapest way, cannot take cab as we have 6 pax.

Btw, do you know how to go to Lantau Island?

starfruit

if u take a ferry to lantau island.. it will take u about an hour.,.u can go to the ferry terminal near central....its within walking distance from teh MTR exit.

For macau.... u can also choose to take the hydrolic boat - Turbojet over.. its much faster and not that expensive too. Think u can buy the ticks from this travel counter. i cannot remember where the travel counter is located... all i know is that its in the building linked to the MTR.. i think its wan chai??.

starfruit

Shirlynn Peh: Where exactly is this Langham Place Hotel... isit along Nathan Road? how far away is it from the Mongkok MTR?

shirlynn77

Thanks Fatcat!

Hi starfruit,

Its at Shanghai Street, I am not too sure of the exact distance from the MTR. But you could find the website of it easily.

angel11

does anyone know which is a better hotel in terms of location to shopping district & MTR, Dorsett Garden or Dorsett Seaview, or have any idea of hotels that will be more convenient

fatcat

angela; to be honest both are not very good location but if you want me to choose i will say Dorsett Garden coz no one wants to stay in temple street area.(Dorsett Seaview is right on temple street).

colt77

Hi,

Can i know where can i get bb, children clothes?? Disney?? And those chinese clothes for CNY, like qipao?? And also what r the type of thing that i can get at ladies, men st?? Btw, is these 2 place near to each other?? Thks...

sweetypie

Fatcat,

Need your advice.

Am planning to visit Hong Kong (again) early next Jan/Feb. Do you know when they will be having the winter sale ? Am keen to get some winter clothes. Further hubby liked it the first time he was there ! The food was just glorious !

Oso can you please suggest a hotel that is centrally located ie near shopping malls and MTR?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers

chris~m

Colt77,

actually most of the shopping do sell bb and children cny clothings, but during cny in hk is winter, so most of their clothing for cny r abit thick if u gonna use it in sg....

and Disney will b only open in oct 05....

ladies st and men st r abt the same, selling hair accessories, watches, shoes, bags, toys(characters), etc, and there's also stores at the side seliing clothings etc... this 2 area is within walking distance, can also take MTR, only 1 stop diff
happy.gif

Sweetypie,

not sure when the winter sales start, but i'm in hk the 2nd day of cny every yr, can see lots of winter clothing hving sale
happy.gif

oh, if u r there on the 2nd day of cny, dun forget to see the fireworks
happy.gif
happy.gif

fatcat

Sweetypie: I think not so early for winter sale but they do have big sale before or after CNY, for hotel in fact there is this 6 stars Langham Place hotel in Mongkok which just open a couple of months ago, my sis-in-law got this F&E package for only S$400+, it's in great location Mongkok area, very convenient for shopping, eating and MTR. They are doing very special room rate in Oct but i'm not sure if they still doing any promote for CNY.You can check Pricline as my sis-in-law got this deal from priceline.
And just as Chris mention, don't miss the firework too, it's great. And be prepare sometimes in CNY the temp will drop quite sudden, once it drop under 10C a few years ago when i went back to visit my family during CNY.

jasminetea

Hi everyone,

I would like to check if it is okay to travel to Hong Kong during 4th or 5th day of CNY?

When will the shop be open for business after CNY?

fatcat

Jasminetea: It's not possible, almost all shop open on 2nd day already, the latest maybe 4th or 5th day, only the people like plumber, locksmith or hawker selling fish or veggie in the market will rest for like 2 weeks. I don't think you will do that kind of shopping in HK, right??????