Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

eiko

Well I can just count myself unlucky. Perhaps she was way too busy to handle few event at one go, I also had my wedding 2 weeks ago. What happened already happened can't turn back but indeed it has caused an unpleasant experience for me and it's a once a life time event. Was pretty upset and disappointed how it turn out to be. That's y all btb must feel comfortable with the coordinator right from the start, if the feeling is wrong you have your rights to ask for a change. Eventually its your event, your big day.

My coordinator was another person but the whole process till now has been really enjoyable... I hope it stays the same to my big day! I actually went around looking at a few hotels, mainly 5 star hotels, but ultimately its the sincerity of this hotel that moved me, and of course I love their ballroom! Food has been good at food tasting and the portions ARE HUGE...haha..my parents are very pleased with my hotel choice and am glad that I chose this hotel!

samxntha

My coordinator was Gerrayn as well. But I had a very good experience with her. She was nice and tried to fulfill all my requests.

- I wanted my wedding small and she managed to bring down the minimum tables for me, which saved me a lot of cost.

- I had negotiated to have extra helpers room and she did not need to but she tried her best to get them for me.

- My hubby wanted to change the menu and add some extra value stuffs, even though personally I felt embarrassed to ask for extra, she was very patient and did try to fight for us too.

- About 3 months before our wedding we almost had to postpone due to some family issues. I was so stressed up. But I was very grateful that she replied nicely and was very understanding towards it. She was ready to help us with the postponement fees if we really needed to postpone.

- There was a complimentary photo booth service and I wanted to add my own design for the print. I knew it wasn't their practice but she managed to get it done and even put in the effort to send me a sample shot of the design.

- On the wedding day I dropped two extra bombs. My groomsmen and bridesmaids were too busy so she went the extra mile to coordinate with the banquet servers to put the props together and decorate every table. Not to mention, also got them to tie every single chair with the sashes I provided.

Before we walked down the aisle we were so nervous and I still could remember her smile and reassurance.

All in all I was very happy with her service. She was just so nice even after the trouble we put her through. She was always prompt and on point with her replies. Probably there was a miscommunication between both of you.

My coordinator is Gerryan Chia. It's a long story. Basically follow up was lousy, late on every meet up, arrangement wasn't made even day before my wedding. I've to chase her for every single details from contract to floor plan to room rates to planning. No proper handover to operation manager, did not even bother to meet up together, simply drop me a text to contact the operation manager myself, no show on my wedding day or after to check if everything turns out well.

And sad to even say, 3 days before my wedding she even mix up our meeting time which I've to wait for 3 hours.

I've read many good review here, maybe I'm just unlucky to be attended by her. Reallt left an unpleasant experience on my once a life time event.

But the operation manager Sufian was great, attentive and helpful. Not as smooth on the day of my banquet but to be fair to him, there is no proper walk through, and I can see that he is doing his best on little little details that hope to make my event better..

mozzi

Hi I have taken holiday inn orchard wedding lunch banquet for next year. My mother is concerned that there is too little food because it is only 7 courses. Is the food portions generous or too little in your experience ? My mother is asking us to consider asking the hotel to add 1 more course of food , which will likely cost more money (if it is even possible)

eiko

Hi I have taken holiday inn orchard wedding lunch banquet for next year. My mother is concerned that there is too little food because it is only 7 courses. Is the food portions generous or too little in your experience ? My mother is asking us to consider asking the hotel to add 1 more course of food , which will likely cost more money (if it is even possible)
Don't worry, the food portion is generous. Except the fish was a bit small, but nice.

eiko

My coordinator was Gerrayn as well. But I had a very good experience with her. She was nice and tried to fulfill all my requests.

- I wanted my wedding small and she managed to bring down the minimum tables for me, which saved me a lot of cost.

- I had negotiated to have extra helpers room and she did not need to but she tried her best to get them for me.

- My hubby wanted to change the menu and add some extra value stuffs, even though personally I felt embarrassed to ask for extra, she was very patient and did try to fight for us too.

- About 3 months before our wedding we almost had to postpone due to some family issues. I was so stressed up. But I was very grateful that she replied nicely and was very understanding towards it. She was ready to help us with the postponement fees if we really needed to postpone.

- There was a complimentary photo booth service and I wanted to add my own design for the print. I knew it wasn't their practice but she managed to get it done and even put in the effort to send me a sample shot of the design.

- On the wedding day I dropped two extra bombs. My groomsmen and bridesmaids were too busy so she went the extra mile to coordinate with the banquet servers to put the props together and decorate every table. Not to mention, also got them to tie every single chair with the sashes I provided.

Before we walked down the aisle we were so nervous and I still could remember her smile and reassurance.

All in all I was very happy with her service. She was just so nice even after the trouble we put her through. She was always prompt and on point with her replies. Probably there was a miscommunication between both of you.

My coordinator was not present on my wedding date...you are lucky. When was your wedding?

sheerlee

My sister is interested confirming her wedding here. There is this workshop coming on 4 September at Holiday Inn Orchard. Anyone has feedback on the banquet here? Hows the food and flow of planning with them?

songfeng

I wan to thanks holiday inn city centre done my perfact wedding-Specially i want to fully thanks manager Ashley -give to a fully suport-keep in my heart@@@sweetttttt-ashley used patience to guite me all the step to done my perfact wedding -thak you so much-Best manager ashley in holiday inn city centre

nadhirahk

Hello all!

A Jan 2017 BTB here! A bit excited so I am looking around for a venue now, haha! And i am really liking Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre's ballroom! So pretty and colourful :)

Can anyone share with me their package? I'm curious to know if their perks are good cause I read and a few BTB is saying their perks is good and we don't have to negotiate anymore. haha! I think I'm a bad negotiator so I don't think I should be doing that, just want to be happy with their package and just sign!

Wendy Liew

Hello all!!
I'm planning to held my wedding at Holiday Inn Orchard and will appreciate if anyone attended/held there before can advise me as I'm aware that the crystal ballroom has pillars and the pillars will be blocking some of my guest view. How was it? Was it really very bad?

Hello all!!
I'm planning to held my wedding at Holiday Inn Orchard and will appreciate if anyone attended/held there before can advise me as I'm aware that the crystal ballroom has pillars and the pillars will be blocking some of my guest view. How was it? Was it really very bad?

I booked my wedding in their crystal ballroom too. But AD is 24th dec next year. As long as u don't stretch the guest table to the Max, shouldn't be a big problem!, they will try to arrange the tables to as minimum blockage as possible

Wendy Liew

Yeah! They do. But I won't max out the ballroom so should be fine! Who's your coordinator?
What's your max? So it's more ideal not to max out so that it won't block much? Actually I heard some reviews saying it's very squeezy. And actually the ballroom is half high ceiling n pillar is lower ceiling. Mine was Ashley but I'm gg to request to change. What about yours? :)

What's your max? So it's more ideal not to max out so that it won't block much? Actually I heard some reviews saying it's very squeezy. And actually the ballroom is half high ceiling n pillar is lower ceiling. Mine was Ashley but I'm gg to request to change. What about yours? :)

My Max only 20 tables. Haha. Yeah the orchird ballroom ceiling is rather low. But Im not really fussy about it. Budget more important. Haha! Mine is vasanthi. :)

nadhirahk

Hmmm my co-ordinator is not responding to me via WhatsApp or email, I tried emailing and whatapping her but still no reply. I supposedly have a soft booking for my Jan 2017 date and I told her I am ready to sign the contact she say she's working it out with the management but still not reply after a week (almost 2 weeks now) so I tried contacting her but not respond. Should I panic? And I've never seen my coordinator's name mentioned here. Please advise girls! I'm wondering if I am in panic mode for nothing! Haha!

Wendy Liew

Hmmm my co-ordinator is not responding to me via WhatsApp or email, I tried emailing and whatapping her but still no reply. I supposedly have a soft booking for my Jan 2017 date and I told her I am ready to sign the contact she say she's working it out with the management but still not reply after a week (almost 2 weeks now) so I tried contacting her but not respond. Should I panic? And I've never seen my coordinator's name mentioned here. Please advise girls! I'm wondering if I am in panic mode for nothing! Haha!
Hello! U can look for Vasanthi! She's good although I did not personally met her :)

nadhirahk

Hmmm seems like my co-ordinator is back now. I actually called her direct office line but no answer, so I went on to call their main line and she was not at her desk. Finally she emailed me back and told me she has reserved my wedding date for me. But the sad thing is, she did not manage to get 2016 rates for my Jan 2017 wedding when I expressed interest like in November. And I'm adding another dish to my banquet as well.

I love the ballroom but for some reason this slow responses is abit of a turn off for me?

Hmmm seems like my co-ordinator is back now. I actually called her direct office line but no answer, so I went on to call their main line and she was not at her desk. Finally she emailed me back and told me she has reserved my wedding date for me. But the sad thing is, she did not manage to get 2016 rates for my Jan 2017 wedding when I expressed interest like in November. And I'm adding another dish to my banquet as well.

I love the ballroom but for some reason this slow responses is abit of a turn off for me?

U can request for a change of coordinator. Mine is vasnathi and her response is always very fast. Via both email and SMS.
Having a responsive coordinator is quite important!

nadhirahk

Haiz, i know right, and i know Holiday Inn co-ordinators are good, thats why i dare to move forward to view and fell in love with the ballroom. just my luck to get someone abit erm slower? haha!

Demisnail

U can request for a change of coordinator. Mine is vasnathi and her response is always very fast. Via both email and SMS.
Having a responsive coordinator is quite important!

She was also my coordinator during the viewing of the ballrooms. She told me that she has been with the hotel for 2 decades because she really loved the place and the people. She's a really nice and friendly lady, but her phone kept ringing throughout our meetup, like every 5 minutes. Having said that, she was the only person to offer us to order anything off their cafe menu which includes drinks and small bites - I just requested for water in the end haha. Not all hotels offered us water which was quite surprising @_@ even though we discussed the package over at their restaurant.

cps2008

Hi Wendy. My coordinator is also Ashley but we have yet to meet her. We have already arranged for an appointment to view the hotel and discuss on the package. Care to share why you want to change your coordinator?

chanelleau

We just confirmed our wedding dinner Holiday Inn Orchard for Feb 2017 with Ashley last night. The whole process took about 3hrs to 4hrs. She was a great help, very patient. Hope that the rest of the process will be smooth with her. Anyone looking to consider holiday inn orchard can look for her! We were comparing with Conrad and Parkroyal Beach Road for lunch. Conrad was impressive and grand but we were on waitlist, didnt want to take the chance and have out date taken up after the BOWs event so we decided on the spot.

Wendy Liew

Hi Wendy. My coordinator is also Ashley but we have yet to meet her. We have already arranged for an appointment to view the hotel and discuss on the package. Care to share why you want to change your coordinator?
Hello! Hmm for me I felt that she's not that negotiable like when we tried asking her for free flow of beer for many times and eventually had to let go one cfm wine per table instead of 2 just to get free flow of beer. Thus I actually not that happy n requested for change however I still ended up not booking them though. So I'm unable to tell u if she's good or really bad. :)

chanelleau

Ya actually we took a long time to negotiate with Ashley too but in the end we could tell she tried her best to accomodate to our request. I guess she has her limits.. really pray that she is going to be efficient till the end of the wedding!!

Wendy Liew

Ya actually we took a long time to negotiate with Ashley too but in the end we could tell she tried her best to accomodate to our request. I guess she has her limits.. really pray that she is going to be efficient till the end of the wedding!!
Yeah! I love their ballroom but a pity cause pillar was kinda huge in my opinion! All the best for u! :)

Janice Pang

Good service all along my wedding planning. The manager will remind me what still outstanding, what need to take note.

The dishes quite good, and everything move well on the wedding day.

evien

My coordinator is Vasanthi. She's very helpful and friendly ladies. She will just try her best to help n share things to us... what about yours?

Wah, you are lucky! Her name appears in this thread for a few times. My co-ordinator is Husni(Whose knee- that's how he asked us to remember his name). Anyone is liaising with him? Holding a wedding is a significant event and such inefficiencies worry us. :(

beautyfull

Wah, you are lucky! Her name appears in this thread for a few times. My co-ordinator is Husni(Whose knee- that's how he asked us to remember his name). Anyone is liaising with him? Holding a wedding is a significant event and such inefficiencies worry us. :(
Actually I'm email enquiry the package. Their staff refer Vasanthi to me. They said she's senior for wedding events. U may consider.

evien

Actually I'm email enquiry the package. Their staff refer Vasanthi to me. They said she's senior for wedding events. U may consider.

Finally he refer her to me last wed. Do you have her mobile number because she is not responding to our email too. If so, can you pm me? Thanks.

evien

Hi, how is their orchid ballroom ..any review ?

Hi, the ballroom is low ceiling but the layout is rectangular unlike hotel Jen which is longish rectangular. Downside is that their foyer is just beside a Indian restaurant and they have 3 mini pillars in the room which some of the tables might be block(can't see the stage) if you have 22 tables. The room can fit 22 tables max but I think 17 tables would be just nice. But BF and I decided to go for holiday inn because we feel that it's easier to plan for table arrangement.

ImageUploadedByForum1463275340.222181.jpg
You can see the small pillars inside.

I can send you the floor plan of the ballroom if you need it! Let me know.

Thanks.

jsylim

Hi, has anyone attended any banquet here recently? I'm keen to sign a package with them but am concern how is the food quality

evien

I"m very concern and worry about the 3 pillar that will block the stage view ..is the pillar very big ?

In my opinion, I think the pillars are not really big. You can actually see from the 1st pic. The black speakers(I think it's speakers) are just in front of the pillars. It really depends on how many tables you have. Below is the sample of 18 tables. 22 might be abit too many and the additional 4 tables will be at the 4 corners of the ballroom which the pillars will block the view of main stage even though they have 2 TVs at the back of the room.

ImageUploadedByForum1463403619.281823.jpg