HO BEE RENOVATION WORKS

aprilgal

Hihi kopi_suidai,
After hearing so much from you, we're interesting in engaging Ho bee as our contractor. however, we hav some difficulties here.
We need to come up with our own ideas on interior design, right, so do we need to show him exact examples for him to have better picture? we have no idea completely.

To all,
We have got tight budget to reno our premium unit and we're looking at simple and cosy designs. For those who have similiar design, hope that you can share with us.

kindly email [email protected]

thanks alot

kopi_siudai

Hi aprilgal,

We're exactly like you at the start. We are realistic of our reno budget and make sure we don't overspend. Keep to the essentials. Do away the frills. Nice to have but not practical.

And you know what? Patrick is really down to earth. When we suggest doing certain things that seem far-fetch, he will tone us down and explain why he wouldn't encourage.

For reno ideas, we do homework by browsing at different home decor magazines. We go to library. That's the best coz we don't have to spend money to buy.

If we see something we like to do for our house, we scan, print and file it. We email the softcopy to Patrick and give him a rough idea of what we want. So far, so good.

Ideas don't come straightaway for us. We too learn from trials and errors but we are teachable. We made some mistakes on the reno concept, ideas and etc but we remind ourselves not to be overly upset.

We try to stay as candid as possible and laugh at our own little mistakes. Yes, we maintain good humour. Otherwise, life would be too demanding.

We appreciate Ptrick for being encouraging. He reminds us that the house he's renovating for us has to be comfortable for stay. He doesn't wish to see us sacrifice the next few years with a house reno that doesn't seem right. Isn't he sweeeeeet?

So you see, no need to ponder anymore. Go for HO BEE! We are HO BEE's satisfied customer and real life testimony!

koxxic

hi all, i finally met up with Patrick last evening. Must say he's really far cry from the imagination i had of him..haha.

anyway, he's really nice and friendly and he teaches u what to do and what not to..looking at my reno, i have to do most of the stuff..haha. sad.

Go Ho Bee...is the right slogan from now on. I'll definately recommend more people to Ho Bee...

shadow91

hi Rachel

Possible to send me the quotation and some pix for references... tks
happy.gif

[email protected]

changni

Hi all, actually just paidd $500 at the expo for a drawing design based on my floor plan.. a little regretful but then wats done is that hopefully as the guy promised, can redeem it for hood or small work...

Hi Aprilgal, think i'm in the same situation as you. we're getting keys to our premium prob next month n on pretty tight budget..

since now that we have drawings done for us, thinking might have a better idea what we want and from this thread seems a lot feel Ho BEE's really good...
could anyone who have his/her unit done up by him send me some sample pics and quotation?

Really appreciate thanks! [email protected]

aprilgal

hi kopi_siudai,
thks for your advise, which mean i really need to do some homework on our own but the worse part is that i dunno how to fix up the designs that we want into a whole picture. worried that we might not be able to do a good job on the designing part... Btw, how long did you take to finalised the whole hse?

Hi ahni,
so you mean you paid for the drawings else where and pass the design to Ho bee? i also have such intention leh... but i worried dunno how to reject and paiseh to redeem for things after that... sigh.. deliemma.

kopi_siudai

Hi aprilgal,

The moment you see Rachel's house, you will be motivated.

For design of your house, it depends on what concept you want to have. There are many different ways to style a house. It's your own choice and taste. Depending also how simple or complex you want to undertake on reno.

On the other hand, you also need to double check on how much you can stretch on your reno budget.

Pls go ahead, talk to Patrick. Let him know and perhaps he can arrange his designer to come see you. From there, you can explore the various themes and concept. Quite fun.

Right now, in addition to my work demands, I'm in the most intensified reno state. So everyday I'm drinking gallons of kopi siudai and coke to perk my brains and keep my spirits up.

We are thankful to Patrick's team of workers. Very hardworking, very skillful, good boys!

och

hi rachel, bearyhugs,

i'm considering engaging patrick to do my renovations. is it possible for me to take a look at your pictures and quotation? thanks.

hi kopi,

how would you find patrick's carpentry? i'm wondering whether to get him to do some carpentry work, in addition to all the masonry works that i need.

kopi_siudai

Hi och,

I will let you know when the boys have finished the carpentry for my house ok.

As far as tiling and wet works, the boys did a great job! You may like to read my earlier postings on this thread.

Ho Bee is definitely worth considering. Don't hesitate to call Patrick.

aprilgal

oh you mean patrick has got his own designer, so will he be charging as high as what outside ID charging or still at contractor rate?

cos initially thought he's just a contractor...

ublur

kopi, i tried replying to patrick and send him sms to make an appt with him.. but he never seems to reply me. wonder if he's really that busy.

och

hi kopi,

i called patrick some weeks ago n got a quote from him. i've narrowed down my choices to 3 contractors n patrick is one of them. i've asked to meet him and also asked to see some of his completed flats, but he's so busy, he hasn't gotten back to me yet.
sad.gif

any of you here are already living in your flat during renovations?

corvette

From the time that we've decided to engage Patrick to start of our reno, it took us nearly 2.5 months. During these period, We've waited for his quote and also viewing some of his on-hand projects. Have to be patient and have to keep calling him (SMS not much use one
kao_sticktongue.gif
) to arrange for the viewing of his projects.

He is very busy and no time to redo our quote. In the end, we didn't even signed any contract with him and he already started the work liao. I guess its mutual trust from here onwards
happy.gif

Nope, Ho Bee got no website

groomie

Hi Rachel and Bearyhugs,

I would like to take a look at your house pic and quotations? Kindly email me at [email protected]

I personally will be collecting the keys to my new place soon. And am interested to get Patrick to do the reno of my place..

Out of curiousity, can i contact him even though i only have the floorplan now? or should i wait till i have collected the key then contact him?

kopi_siudai

Hi aprilgal,

Yes, if you need a designer to work on your reno, tell it to Patrick. He can make arrangements.

My apologies I don't know the rates/charges. Best to ask Patrick.

For us, we didn't use designer for our reno. Like I mentioned earlier, we do our own homework and research ... so the ideas come from various inspiration.

kopi_siudai

Hi blur blur,

Your are absolutely correct! Patrick is a very busy man. He has never replied any of our sms, too!

As a result, we rather ring him up and go straight to the point on whatever matter we wish to check with him. We don't take much of his time. We know he's very busy, so we never try to be long-winded in our conversations.

We never have to worry if Patrick sometimes don't pick up our calls. Patrick is very responsible. He always make an effort to call us back when he sees a "missed call" from us.

kopi_siudai

Hi och,

It's advisable not to wait and wait for Patrick. It'll take a looooooooong time. That man - Patrick is very busy lah. You have to make the initiative to chase after him for quotations, etc, etc.

kopi_siudai

Hi Astrogirl,

No website. No need. At the super rate HO BEE is going ... and the good words of mouth spreading, HO BEE needs no extra publicity.

Nope, Patrick doesn't pay me for saying all these.

His team of boys work hard on our house reno and I convey my sincerity by encouraging others to consider HO BEE.

cacphin

hi all, if can't find patrick, still can find malcolm.. nice guy too. same company and same work commitment.
Was recommended by Patrick though. my house is currently under Malcolm's charge..
both use the same batch of workers and materials so need not worry..
i leave malcolm's hp here 96720833 .. say u are recommended by sheryl, he will know..
happy.gif

diy_yid

Hi guys! Ho Bee seems like a great contractor choice. I'm looking for one & skipping ID. Just wondering if you know whether Patrick (or Ho Bee) renovate private condominiums as well and if he's good at that. Thanks.

rachelcheng

Very happy with patrick.. been sometime since our reno ended and any problem just called patrick and he will gradly come over or ask ah keong to come over promptly for the service. Never sounded impaitient, or drag.. however if you arrange at a later date he will forget haha! then need to call him to remind..

assirac

Hi all,

Can I have the contact info/address of Ho Bee? Thanks!
Thinking of paying them a visit this weekend. I've a really tight budget to work with. BTW, does Ho bee help customer to apply for loans?

noir_sheep

Hi hi Reachel, Bearyhugs & Kopi,

May i take a look @ all our beautiful hse? If u dun mind can u also share your quotation w me? And My e-mail is [email protected]

I hv met Patrick(nice guy), and got the quotation fr him too, but it is very close 2 an ID that i went to, only ard <1k different. Abit disappointed... shld i ask 4 more dis% since they r not ID? Did u guys ask 4 any dis%? Pls advise.
Thankyou
happy.gif

my_rock_baby

Hi, take note that some ID may be cheaper because the matrial they use is not as good (nothing is for free). However, having said that, you can be assured that the matrial used by Ho Bee is up to standard and they have good carpentry and good tilers (very important).