Grand Plaza ParkRoyal Hotel

thanks for the advice Bright!

we're going to have it at the 'mini waterfall' area in GPP... having some probs now though. cos apparently they're doing a mini reno of that place in the middle of feb, with the expected completion date just a few days before our solemnisation date... quite worried that they can't fix the place in time!! now still waiting for the restaurant mgr to call me to confirm the reno period. worse come to worst, we'll have it in the restaurant itself, or the function room... or the mini garden area at the back.. =(
 


Hi Bluegal
I have got an additional night stay at a Deluxe room for 2 person. I think, u can try to bargain for it.

Hey Maah, i didn't know that they are renovating that area. I hope to have mine over there too but seems like it's too small leh. Worst come to worst, i will have it in the ball room.
 
Hi there,
4 wat I understand is that u be given a superior room for yr guest or your own usage which valid for 3 mths. And so don't have to bargain just tell when u need yr superior room will do.
 
As i will be using that room for my friends (who is helping me out at the wedding) thus we kinda bargained for an extra night.
 
Hi! Bright,

yah.. the restaurant mgr didn't tell us anything until we met up with them. we were told the expected reno period was in the 2nd & 3rd week of feb. they don't seem very helpful in that they promised to give us a call this monday to let us know abt the confirmed reno period but till now, we've not heard anything yet!

btw, how many guests are you expecting? if it's 20, then that place is not a prob... afterall, it's a nice intimate place and very windy! alternatively, can set up at the mini courtyard at the back of the restaurant. that place can hold more pple... but it could be warm...
 
Hi,

Is anyone going for the wedding show at the end of this month? Do u know when they will send to us the invites to the show after signing up? Thks
 
Hi everyone

Just attended a wedding at Grandplaza parkroyal last Sat so thought that I'll share my experience with you.

My friend had 30+2 tables. It was quite cramped already. Think that is the max it should go cos our chairs were already against the walls.

The ambience was very nice, the reception area was very exclusive. They served finger food during reception which was a nice thought cos we were quite hungry (cos dinner started late).

My bride and bridegroom marched in from separate doors, one by one (bridegroom then bride), met in the centre then marched in the aisle together. I thought it was very nice and made the aisle felt longer than it really is.

But the service was really not that good. I think they had very few waiters/waitresses. After they served the 1st dish, we suddenly realised that we didn't have spoons for the whole table. And they were hurrying us to finish every dish. Many times we were eating half-way only, they wanted to clear the table already. But its not as if they wanted to end the dinner early cos they took very long to serve the next dish. So most of the time, we were left with an empty turntable. But they were quite prompt to top-up drinks.

The food was on the whole quite disppointing:

1)Cold dish:- we had charsiew as one of the dish. It was very salty and hard. One of my friends commented that it didn't taste fresh. The rest of the dishes are ok

2)Sharks fin:- tasted Ok, except that we could hardly find any sharks fins in there. But its the same with the other hotels that I've been to, so its quite expected.

3)Broccoli with scallops:- this dish is quite OK

4)Herbal prawns:- My fav of the nite. although I don't normally enjoy prawns, but this was very sweet and fresh. Worth the effort to peel off the shells
happy.gif


5)Steamed fish - totally overcooked. It was very very hard. Tasted like already cooked fish being reheated. Even the 5 year old girl at my table said it was not nice

6)Crispy chicken - this dish is ok, although the chicken wings are quite hard.

7)Fried Bee-hoon - quite rare to see fried bee-hoon (or was it mee sua? but tasted like bee hoon). Nice change considering I've been having noodles at 8 wedding dinners for in 3 months.

8)Red bean soup - quite nice, not too sweet. But the lily bud tasted a bit raw, but my other friends on the table thought it was ok.

Overall an OK experience. But sorry to say the food and service was below average compared with the other wedding dinners that i've attended these few weeks/months. So maybe you want to remind your co-ordinators to take note
 
Hi Dora

Thanks for your input. I heard that the food is prepared by the restaurant, which used to be called Hua Yuen and was known to be quite good. Although they have now changed to Si Chuan Dou Hua, I understand the chefs are still the same. Perhaps the standard has dropped? Anyone has similar experience recently at GPP? Care to share? I may be considering this place for my banquet as well so need more advice. Btw, do you mind informing us which are the other hotels that you have attended lately?
 
Hi Dora
Thanks for sharing. It's really a good feedback to us so that we know what to request and ask from the hotel.
Pretty shock to hear that the food is not nice esp i've heard so many good comments of the food previously.
Dora, what kind of finger food did they serve for the cocktail. I've went to take a look once and I realise that only mixed nuts was served.

Anyone else got any experience to share?
 
Hi Berry

I've had my own wedding at Pan Pac and I can tell you, altho the food is prepared by the restaurant, but the quality is never the same when in large quantity. So altho the food at Hai-Tien Lou in Pan Pac was really very very good, the food on my actual wedding was good, but its not quite the same as the normal standard. That's my experience with most wedding banquets, even for most 5* hotels.

Most of the other weddings I attended in the recent months are either 5* or restaurant. THe only other 2 that is of comparable price (I think) would be Merchant Court (went there for many times) and Grand Copthorne Waterfront. I thought the food and service for both was better.

Hi Bright

The finger food were the fried stuff like nuggets, samosa, wanton - those frozen ready-made stuff. Its not very good but when you're hungry, it was good hahaha. But I don't know if its included in the package or my friend added additional. They also had nuts on the cocktail table.

Oh forgot to add that the wedding favours were quite unique. It was rose buds and chinese tea leaves in test-tubes.

Oh and another thing, are you supposed to have centre-pieces for every table? cos when we went in, there turntables were all empty. so looks quite empty - something to take note.
 
Hi All

Went to the hotel during the weekends. Realised that they only serve mixed nuts during the cocktail. As for additional finger food, this extras is being throw in during the bridal show. So those who wanna sign up, it's better to sign up during the bridal show.
As for the rest like me, who has signed up with them, if u r interested to have the finger food during the cocktail party, u may have to pay more for it. Not too sure how much more are they charging.

By the way, does anyone know which florist is the hotel using?
 
oh ya... i saw the couple using only one LCD. they had a screen on the right wall of the ballroom thus everyone is able to see the screen. Good idea.... save us $$$ on the renting of LCD
 
hi Dora, thks for e feedback.. wat abt e lightings & sound system ??

hi Bright, u attended a wedding dinner at GPP too ?? tot guests from the left side won't be able to see e screen clearly..
 
Hi Ryn Ryn
I did not attend. I went down to see other's wedding
biggrin.gif

Instead of using the 2 screens beside the stage, they put up a screen on the right side of the wall. So everyone can see the screen pretty well.

I think that the screen belongs to the hotel coz it was still there when i went back there in the morning.

In my view, the center piece and the recep flowers which is prepared by the hotel look pretty plain and ugly.
sad.gif


does anyone know which florist is the hotel engaging?
 
any gals going for the wedding show? Can help me find out if the hotel's solemnisation package at the St Greg is avaialble still? I emailed them n theres no reply...
 
hi Bright, they provide the screens but we hav to source for e projector lor..
din reali notice e centrepieces & recept area.. keke.. btw, wens ur AD??
 
Hello Gals,
I just had my wedding on 21 Jan at Grand Plaza Parkroyal... It was a perfect wedding and everything went smoothly. All thanks to the coordinators, managers and staffs of the hotel. Their experience and efforts made my wedding relatively stress free and a memorable one... I am very satisfied with their service...
 
Hi a2002, congrats and really glad that you did have a good time holding your wedding at Grand Plaza Parkroyal.
proud.gif

Can tell us more abt it? The florist they've used, the center piece they've used? Do you have finger food for your cock reception?

Hi Ryn Ryn my AD will be ard Oct this yr.
But wedding preparation is not on my priority list. I am searching for a flat right now.
sad.gif
 
Hi bright,
I had 5 canapes (finger food) during the reception for my guests. One of my friend said can fill the stomach....
I cannot remember the name of the florist. It is the one that they use for their wedding show. The stage centerpiece is fake flowers. Real flowers are along the walk in path. I had white lillies.
Wow.. You are searching for your flat now... my wedding and flat comes togather... I was super busy with renovation and the wedding preparation. The guest lists and sending out of cards are the most tedious. Next is the table arrangement.
 
I think the free beer is redundant... I think less than 10 glasses of beer were served at my wedding.. Mostly drink wine.
Oh, my wine supply was running out by the 5th course - left 12 bottles. We wanted to go and buy some more. But the banquet manager said he will help us to control the consumption and he did very well... We were very happy about that.. at the end of the wedding, we had 2.5 bottles of wine left over!
 
About the projector, you can have one projector at the right side of the ballroom. The only diff is that no "automatic" screen that look more "pro" to some. Just a portable screen that will block the chinese wordings on one side of the wall. If you dun mind that, it's money saving
happy.gif


So far my guests commented that the food are nice. I love the steam prawns... My hubby ate my portion cos I cannot eat... BTW, mine was gold menu.

There's some decor on every table. Flowers centerpiece only on the VIP tables.


Dora,
I think your friend's menu is the cheapest Silver menu. That's the type of food in the Silver Menu. It's bee hoon, not mee sua.

My family members were scattered at different tables. No complains from them about the quality of the food as compared to that during food tasting... We had 12 pple during food tasting.. hehe... bring all my brothers and sisters for food tasting so they can compare... On the actual dinner, my brothers at one table, my two sisters at two other different tables... no complains from them...
happy.gif


BTW, I had 26 tables. 30+2 tables is really super squeeze, cos I was told 30 tables already very squeeze liao. Then for 28 tables, cannot have the long walk-in whereby the couples walk in from two different doors and meet at the center.

I had vegetarians and muslim food. Muslim food was superb according to my friend. For vegetarian, havent ask for feedback yet...
 
Thanks a2002,
Mine is gold menue too.
Did you have to pay extra for the 5 canapes?
What is the price for the vegetarian?
How mant bottles of wine did u prepare?

I guess, like you, I will be really stress with the house and the guest list.

House searching is really a headache. Sigh... Really hope to be able to get a house which is price reasonbly and nice.
 
Hi Deremi,
I was told the vegetarian same price.... but it seems like less... I gotta double check the bill. I did not check thoroughly.. too lazy :p Muslim is cheaper I think. Gotta check. The muslim food is very good.

Hi Bright,
I did not pay extra. I got them thrown in as a package during wedding show.
I prepared 24 bottles of wine only. My guests finished up 3 bottles of Gordon Bleu too.
 
Hi Deremi,
Nope. You gotta print them yourself. They do have a softcopy of the map, but not printed on the card.
 
Hey a2002a,
care to share with me the grand ballroom when ur photographer take pics will it have a light reflection on the pics? izit nice the pics taken from the ballroom? thanks! ;)
 
Hey gals,

Do everyone care to share with me the grand ballroom when ur photographer take pics will it have a light reflection on the pics? izit nice the pics taken from the ballroom? thanks! ;)
 
Hi a2002,

I mean on the pictures got any light reflection? like some white light spot ard the pics area. If dun have...its ok. I just wonder only. hehe! cheers
 
Hi Deremi,
I did not have reflections in my photos.

Yes, my BS is Z wedding. They are not bad. I only had one bad experience there, that is, Uncle Paul having "PMS" and threw his temper on us. Do go there a few times before signing with them to see see first... By the way, a few days before my wedding, I went to select the suit for my hubby... They have very limited selection! Whatever I want, they are booked! I made noise in front of their prospective customer... hehehe... So I get what I want.
 
hey a2002,

Tks for u comments...act i oso went to z wedding a few times to look look 1st bt in the end nv sign with them...coz they cant gv me wat i wan...so nv sign....
 
Hi Deremi,
I am still finding time to reduce the image size and upload them somewhere... When it's done, I will tell you ok?
 
Hi all,

I am intending to hold my wedding at this hotel. But like to find out what's the average ang pao collected from guest?
 
Hi everyone

Me too, is looking at this hotel. Is it possible to negotiate video projector to be thrown in as FOC if we confirm? Some hotels provide free photos montage in the package, is it too much to ask from grand plaza too?
 
hey jasmine,

think u can try to bargain with them...but think u can check out when is their bridal show. coz when bridal show normally they hv promotion on banquet package...

hope will help...
happy.gif
 
Hi Deremi

Thanks load!My future husband had listed down what to bargain with them but I afraid they will think we are really too much.The tough part is we do not know what are reasonable enough to bargain for.
 
hey jasmine,

u r welcum!
kao_welcome.gif

think they will gv FOC for 1 projector, bt another 1 i dun think they will gv FOC...
u need to hire frm them the price i forget liao.
or u can call them for enquiries...
 



Back
Top