Grand Plaza ParkRoyal Hotel

pegsfur

Is it the one near the Fire Station? Think they're having a bridal show with Graceful image this Sat. Aren't u going?

adeline

Hi Kitty,
I had mine there last Oct, felt they had really done a wonderful job. and the suite is superb with Jaccuzi,
proud.gif
if you are taking their weekend pkg.
The general comment on their food was good.
So overall, Grand Plaza is a good choice if you ask me.

Cheers

kitty

Hi Pegfur,
I am not going for the bridal show. Are u? Yeah, i know the Jaccuzi is cool...i really like the room alot...but too bad, it is only one day..alot of people say u must stay in the hotel for two days atleast cos it is really tiring for the couple...so, i intend to stay in their normal suit for two days in exchange.

Guess, this hotel is pretty new..maybe 3 year old, it is behind Penisular hotel, maybe that is y u did not notice that. This hotel is actually quite nice, just that people will not know where it is..and maybe, will think it is some cheapo hotel....then maybe, will give less ang bao..
sad.gif

guess

Oh that one.... yep... about three years old and not many people know of its existence... but it is a good location. I think I ate there once before at a buffet dinner.

kiki

hi Adeline,
May i know whether they provide barrel of beer n food tasting in ur wedding package? Is the account manager flexible to attend ur need?

i've been there for buffet once n food is good, environment is nice too.

kitty

Hi.
Mind was included..ie, free good tasting as well as a barrel of beer.....they are pretty flexible ..just tell them what u need and they will try their best to provide...overall, not too bad.....

adeline

Hi Kitty,
abt the thot of some ppl think is a cheapo hotel is quite true, i had some ex-collegues who had gave below 'market price' loh
lame.gif
..but luckily i was still able to cover my dinner costs overall.

Hi Kiki,
my pkg had orig a 20litres of beer included, the extra options was between food tasting and a extra 30litres of beer, which i opt for beer.
Ivan was my acct manager and he's also the assist sales/catering manager, so we had a better bargaining power with him.
Hope all these helps!!

kiki

hi Adeline,
thanks! it sounds that u got a really good deal. How abt decoration of ballroom? I checked out the package with them, from the description, not so impressive to me.
sad.gif

adeline

Hi Kiki,
i wasn't too particular with the decoration, so their existing ones of floating candles on tables and flowers along the aisle was good enuf for me
happy.gif
perhaps you shld check it out on a actual wedding dinner to have a better look.

evelyn

Hi Kitty

I attended a banquet there last yr. Food was good.
However the restaurant rather cramp. We were
placed at a corner blocked by pillars where we cannot see the stage at all. Do look out for the sitting arrangeement if yours going to be @ the restaurant.

How much is their pkg btw?

kitty

Hi Evelyn ,
I will be having my wedding in the ballroom , not restarant. The ballroom is pillarless and i only have 25 tables...heard from the Sales manager that 25 should not be cramp..he said it will be very spacious.

I heard from many people that this hotel is not that bad..and the food is not too bad as well...i have not seen the deco of the hotel though...but i intend to have my own concept on how it should go about decorating the ballroom.

And my package is $728 per table. But i just saw Female promotion stating that the price should be around $698 per table for weekend..mine is a weekend too...don't know y he charged me $728 per table...i have not got the time to call the sales manager though.....

kiki

hi kitty,
Do u book for this year or next year? Have u discussed with sales manager on the decoration concept? I tot u only can get the design wat they offer.;) So, can u share the experience? i will go down to take a look at their deco. in one of these days.

May i know wat do u get in ur package? thanks

kitty

Hi Kiki,
I just broke off my marriage...humm...it was a bad one...but i guess i still thank GOD that i realise now then in future..that will even be worst. So, i will not be involved in any marriage preparation after all

Congrads to you though....i hope i am as lucky as u !

lisa

Dear Kitty,

Am so sorry to hear your bad news. LIke you said, it is good that you realise now than later. But I also want to ask if you are sure. I ask because wedding preparations can be very stressful. While I was preparing for my wedding, my hubby and I had many fights, and we even broke it off once, but when we analysed the situation, we realised that we were letting stress get to us, and the reasons we wanted to get married to each other in the first place had not changed. Now that we are married, we have no regrets at all, and are glad that we stuck through with it.

Maybe the two of you should take some time to calm down and talk this through.

My thought are with you.

Lisa

M

m

Sorry to hear the bad news Kitty. It's a difficult time for you and I hope that you will remain strong.

But reading what Lisa had posted, I thought I'd share something with you...
I've yet to go thru the preps for marriage yet, but I was there when my classmates got married. They fought over almost everything during the preps and it got worse when their parents got involved as well. They did call it off just weeks before the actual day, and had to forfeit most of their deposits.

But ultimately, when two people are willing to work towards the same goal, in their case, one of having a family together, to become husband and wife; I guess things will eventually work out. So when they finally learnt to sit down and talk things over, they realized that same goal they had wanted to work towards was, well, the only one they really want in life. They got married and the wife's happily pregnant now.

Talk it thru. I hope it'll work out.

Warmest regards,
M

kitty

Hiall,
Yeah, thanks so much...i really cannot bring myself to accept this man again...my heart is dead!...the reason for the break off has nothing to do with the wedding preparation actually...rather, i caught him chating in the net with some strangers and the lady actually called him the other day requesting to chat with him at night...i saw the message and asked him y he chose to talk to some strangers rather than his wife....that was when he started to tell me things like , he was afraid of me, he has been keeping to himself, and when he tried to tell me things, i will put him down etc...and the scary part is, this has been with him for a year!! I mean, a year..he is feeling this way for a year and he still wants to marry me??? I think he is too childish...how can that happen...and till date, he feels that there is nothing wrong chating with this woman in the net! His reason is that he has no one to talk to ...no one??!! Am i not the one?? I thought he wanted to marry me?? Am i not the one????

I freak out! I really do.....i can't talk to this man anymore...i have totally lost faith in this man and this marriage....

I can tell u...i am feeling really bad now...esp everyone knows i am getting married soon...

But i guess i still thank GOD for showing me the wisdom...atleast, no big amount was involved expect the bridal wedding package. I guess i will just lose the 1K deposit ...

i am still very very very sad about the whole thing..i just wish i can pick up from here and move on with my life.....

lisa

Dear Kitty,

I am so sorry to hear that. As for his having problems communicating with you, I was going to say that now you know what the problem is, the two of you can sit down and talk about it, but after reading that he does not feel that he has done anything wrong by sharing more with another woman than with you... I really don't know what to say.

Once again, my thoughts are with you.

kitty

Hi Lisa,
Thank you so much...
Funny, wonder y i still log in to this forum esp when this page are for all the wedding couples....i am no longer one of you. I think it is really time for me to log off, ignore marriage...and of course, move on with my life. I hope i can learn this mistake and will never ever assume a man's behaviour....i kept thinking he has been happy all the while...what a failure i am !

kiki

Dear kitty,
Sorry to hear the bad news.
sad.gif

But is really better to find out now instead of later. I can imagine how hard to make such decision at this time, this minute...

Do cheer up! U will meet ur Mr Right.
happy.gif
Hope see u here again someday.

take care

lisa

Dear Kitty,

No worries about logging on. I'm married, and I still do! You're always welcome here (rite CL?). Take care.

biscuit

Hi Kitty,

Read through the postings in this forum and just wanted to share some thoughts with you.

I know that things must be really tough for you now, coping with the break up and all... I guess a decision like this is really hard to make, but like what you said, if this man is really not meant for you, it is a blessing that you see that now than much later.

You know, you mentioned that you felt so hurt that he could have kept all that feelings to himself this one year. Yup, know that makes you feel terrible but sometimes, its really good to stop and reconsider why that is so. If you bf is one not good at expressing himself, not one to easily open up and talk about his feelings, one can hardly blame him! If he felt comfortable chatting with the lady over the net, it could really be purely bcos he is comfortable with WRITING his feelings than TALKING about it.

Sometimes, people just feel less threatened and alot more expressive writing than face to face confrontations. It is understandable cos one definitely feels less vulnerable. It will indeed seem a little rash to fault him on that, as we all have a medium of expression we are most comfortable with. You know, in any relationship, communication is really one of the most impt key to keeping it alive and really, don't restrict the manner in which you communicate. Perhaps, your expectations of him would be that he tells you everything he feels (and prob that's what you would do yourself, tell him how you feel). And when he does not do so, you read into all the implications that shouldn't be there.

I say that because I tend to be one not open to expressing myself easily. Always felt that I preferred writing than talking to my bf about my probs. He is the exact opposite, loves to talk about how he feels. Of course, we've gotten into numerous arguments bcos of this, but we are both learning that the fundamental issue really isn't the person's character flaw or what, but just what we are comfortable with.

As for you bf not thinking anything wrong with chatting with the lady, it could really be bcos he really really has no ill designs on that lady and therefore doesn't see anything wrong with communicating with her. He probably just needed an outlet for his thoughts and its natural that you should feel hurt at this pt in time. But, really, if you do take time out and work out the way the two of you can best communicate, alot of the problems you see now will start to fall away.

I guess if you had intentions of marrying him in the first place, the relationship probably meant alot to the both of u. That's why I guess I felt that I wanted to encourage you about not giving it all up. It must have been really precious.. and he must be hurting too.. dear sister, so think it over ok?

God Bless!

kitty

Hi Biscuit

Thank you so much...your message is indeed encouraging....i will see what i can do to this relationship...but i guess it could just be a 10% success....i feel that he has changed...he was so cool about the whole break up...i mean, we are getting married soon, and yet, he was so cool...he don;t even bother about me...he used to be so nice to me...that even after a heated argument, we can still chat after a day....cos he was so patience towards me....and i felt so loved...and of course, i did not want him to feel miserable....neither do i know that he has been feeling very bad ....i don't think we can ever be together again.....i can feel that his love for me has died ....even if we can be together, we will end up breaking up in future...and i don't want this to happen.....

biscuit

Dear Kitty again,

Yup, I am sure you have your fair share of fears and insecurities at this point, especially when he doesn't seem to be very devastated... I guess if he has been feeling hurt for the past one year, there must have been many thoughts breeding in his head about how you don't love him, take him for granted etc etc etc.. and the break up could have been the clear signal to him that really, he is not loved and thus, the way he responded.

I duno, I guess if you would feel so hurt about him keeping his feelings from you for one year, he must feel as hurt that he went thru one year of pain without you realising it.. you know how we girls are like, if we are upset and our men don't detect it, we feel even worse cos we expect him to know!! So much more for him right?

At the end of the day, what you and him decide to do is really your decision.. but still firmly believe that such decisions are really always best made when both parties are willing to be honest about how they feel. If at the end of a clear headed talk, the conclusion is still no reconciliation, at least you would know for sure that both of you have made the right decision to move one, and will not look back one day, wondering what if... yup, want to see you both happy
happy.gif

Take care and God bless!

kitty

Hi Biscuit,
Thanks...we have managed to talk things out. Infact, we had a very very long talk. He managed to tell me how he felt all along and we have come to a conclusion. We will still continue this marriage thing after all...Funny, during this talk, i realise he had seek advise from many people around him....all said bad things about me...bad as in my character, not my feelings towars him. That is, they said things like i am childish, not streets smart..behaviour abit childish and stuffs....how i wish i can questioned them....whether i am childish or not has nothing to do with whether i love my husband or not! Don't u guys think so? I mean, a guy should marry me because i care for him and i love him..not whether i am childish or not?

I mean, his friends are those shallows one...and the sad thing is, all encourage him to leave me because i am childish? I am childish? I don't think so....

WEll, i am still giving thoughts to this marriage. I am willing to change..but i do hope he will do his part as well....

I really don't know what contributes a good marriage...all along, i thought as long as we can communicate and we trust each others, love will flow and things will go on....it seems to me it is not the case.,..

Regardless of what, i am still willing to give this marriage a second chance again...

biscuit

Hi Kitty,

So glad and relieved to hear that you had a good talk with him!
happy.gif

Well, you must feel hurt with regards to what his friends say about you. Don't think it will help things by u confronting his friends. Take some time and really cool off first before talking to your fh about how you feel. At a time like this when you are still feeling hurt from their remarks and seeming attempts to break u and him up, hurtful remarks may still continue, calling his friends shallow will not help him understand your feelings. Take time to build your relationship with him first, and when things are better, perhaps you can take time to explain to him how you felt.

I do not profess to know all about what marriage is all about. My wedding will be later on this year.
happy.gif
As for my FH and me, our common faith as Christians help bind us together and we see wonderful and lasting marriages in our church and that really encourages us.
happy.gif
I guess one important thing we know is that after marriage, we are no longer our own but both of us are seen as one and we are committed to making our union work. Well, I wish the same for you both!

God Bless!

kitty

Hi Biscuit,
Sometimes, i just wish i can use what i have learn from Church....We have gone through PMC actually, Sadly, he did not practice what our pastor had told us to....I am really scare his faith in GOD is not as strong....Thing is, he got to know Chirst through me...and because he wants to marry me from day one, he told me he will accept Christ...I have told him that he should accept Christ because he belives Chirst has die for him....not because he wants to marry me

I mean, this quarrel has shown that his faith in GOD is not as strong...when he has problems, he asked all his non-christain friends, who talks nothing but encourage him to leave me...said silly things about me and all...to an extend, seek advise from an internet friend...

I mean, if his faith in GOD is strong, my FH would not have gone to these people, he would have talked to me in the first place?
So sad...of course, i still have doubts...it is not easy to re-build that trust and bond all over
again...

Seriously, i am really scare that such thing will happen again

I can only pray that GOD will protect him and grant him Knowledge ....that my FH will not take advise from his shallow friends...open his eyes and hears....and of course, there is no communications break-down in future

That is all i ask for....

Still deeply hurt

biscuit

Hi Kitty,

So you have already gone for PMC. Well, is it a series of sessions? Maybe you could approach your pastor directly and ask him for advice? If your FH is open, maybe you can both talk to your pastor about your differences and see what he can offer.

Actually you can really see the love and commitment of your FH towards you through his willingness to come to church. If he doesn't have a personal revelation of how good God is, it will be difficult for him not to turn to other sources of help. As a wife to be, if you have made a commitment to make this work, also trust God for His wisdom upon your life to become a good fiance and subsequently wife to him. The thing is, sometimes we are always praying tt God change our partner but not the other way round. If you ask God to show you how to love this man, he will definitely be won over.

Once heard someone share about how there was this man who was unbelieving and persecuted his wife for going to church. Once she went for cell group, he actually locked her out of the house! She spent the night outside of the house and the next day when he woke up, opened the door and asked her sneeringly 'so you still wana go to church again?' She didn't react, simply asked her husband what he wanted for breakfast and quietly went off to prepare. Guess what? He was won over! And he is Smith Wigglesworth, the great evangelist of the 1950s.

Not trying to say that you should become all meek and do all that your FH expects you to. But I believe that if you trust the Lord for wisdom, He will show you how this rs can be kept alive and made more sweet than ever!

God Bless you richly, dear sister!

kitty

Thanks...i am intend encouraged by you....

Well, i know it is time for me to talk to my pastor again....i feel that this quarrel is like a wake up call for both of us...for me, i have woke up...for him, i am not sure whether he will sleep again! But i know, it is time to talk and work things out again...

I still thank GOD for this lessons...THing is, i have told so many people about my this problem that now, i felt so bad telling them that i am alright again....

I don't want people to feel that i am treating this whole marriage thing as a game....but on the other hand, i was really deeply hurt by my bf, so, i thought of calling off this wedding...now, i really don't know what to say or do...

biscuit

Dear Kitty,

Its ok, nobody ever said that we can't make mistakes! Your friends should be happy for you now that you and your fh have taken steps towards making things work again. That the two of you have come out of this learning something and I know that you will grow stronger as a result of this!

Sometimes we react emotionally in times of our distress and that's understandable. Don't put yourself down bcos of that yah? Try and make time to see your pastor or a mentor to talk about your feelings. I am sure they have some Godly advice for u! Really want to see you and your fh truly truly happy...
happy.gif

jan

Hi brides2be,
Anyone been 2 Grand Plaza Pkroyal for wedding dinner? Or held their banquet there? I saw d ballroom & quite liked d ambience & decor they hav. But don know or heard much abt their food since they r new. would like to hear fm all of u!!
Thanks!!

sweetiee

Hi Jan,

I've been there for a afternoon wedding buffet lunch earlier this year. Maybe it wasn't a banquet so the service staff seemed a bit slackened. The food was ok. However I heard from others who had attended another friend's banquet mentioned that the service was good.

One thing that I noted was the suite they allocated for my friend was really a little too small. Quite miserable. So maybe you can make sure they give you the deluxe should you sign up with them.

jan

Hi Angelia & Sweetie,
Thks 4 yr info. I hav another location in mind, how abt Raffles Town Club?? Any ideas how is it?
ambience? food?

Thks in advance!!

sweetiee

Hi Jan,

Errrmm, given the choice, think Hotel Park Royal is better. Heard the food at Raffles Town Club is not that fantastic. But haven't been to one personally. However, according to my experience, amongst the wedding banquets at country clubs that I've attended, only the Orchid CC one was good... in terms of food & ambience, but then again, quite inaccessible. Raffles Town Club is kinda out of way too. Think Hotel Park Royal is better. Just my personal opinion.
happy.gif

gim

hi jan,

if u hv the budget for grand plaza, how abt other hotels in town?
as for CC, how abt pinetree CC? great food & gd deal.

jas

Hi Jan,
I got 1 location for u. Try Holiday Inn Park View. I just confirmed my bkgs with them for
Sept 2002 during a wedding roadshow & the pkg was very good. Most importantly, free flow of beer seat covers for all chairs and fd tasting. Also their new decoration is nice. I spoke to their wedding consultants and all of them were very helpful and funny. The ballroom is really nice but their are 3 pillars if u don't mind. For me & my hubby, service of the wedding consultants and taking care of us is impt. Obviously, there are others matters also.

Jas

jan

Dear Jas,
Great to hear u got yrself a pretty gd deal!Well, i almost signed w them too!!
But.......anyway, thks! Do recommend any gd deals to me if u ever come across any again.
Thks in advance!!!

jan

Dear ladies,
Really thks 4 all yr opinions. Do forward yr ideas/suggestions to me if u hav any again!

Jan

W

wm

hi all,

for those who may be thinking of signing up with grand plaza parkroyal, there is a deal u may like to check out.

2 days ago, i got a call from a lady from the hotel group, asking me whether interested in signing up a membership with them for 1 yr @ $298. includes all sort of discounts and 1 nite (weekend) stay in hotel.

maybe u can check whether if there's any discount on banquet if u sign up as member. the contact person is jennifer @ 2943454.

fyi, i have no sign up yet..now broke after paying deposit for gown n banquet
happy.gif

jan

Dear all,

I'm short listing hotels now...... Grand Plaza is 1 of my choice.

Anyone can advise wat xtra perks to ask for on top of d std package they offer??

I'm going to ask 4 white covers at no cost.
wat else?? I'm kiasu lah.........

meimei

Hi adeline,
Would like to get some comments from you on Grand Plaza Parkroyal hotel ? I am interested in this hotel as well as 2 others: Marina Mandarin and Holiday Inn Park View. Both offer competitive prices and package.

I like Grand Plaza Parkroyal. Impressed with the bridal suite - the sales manager brought us up. But we are worried about the ballroom size - it looks small. I am looking at 25 tables for my wedding. In addition, a number of people have not heard of this hotel and if they did, they thought that it is a cheaper hotel and we may end up losing money 'cos people may give lesser for their ang bow. Appreciate any advice from you since you held your wedding in that hotel before.

How's their service and food ?

meimei

Hi Jan,
Have you sign up for Grand Plaza yet ? I just went to Grand Plaza to view their ballroom. The ballroom looks a bit small but the sales manager said it could acccomodate 28 to 35 tables.

I liked their bridal suite though as there's a rooftop jazucci inside the suite if you take the weekend package. Overall, the ballroom has a nice foyer and nice ambience. On top of that, it has a nice courtyard and it's new.

I'll like to hear about the food and service of this hotel.

adeline

Hi Meimei,
the bridal suite is pretty impressive, isn't it? loved the jaccuzi!!
wink.gif

Yah, indeed the hotel is not as well known as the other 2 of yr choices. When I had my wedding, I did recive some ang baos ranged around $50. I guess they rated Grand Plaza same with Peninsula Hotel bah. But overall I managed to recover my costs since its only a minority who gave me that amount.

I think having 25 tables should be quite ok, since their max is 32. I've saw one wedding before I signed, is around 28 tables - already looked a bit cramped.
So if you think u will have more than 25 tables, maybe u shld consider if you will mind.
I had mine at 23 tables.

But I still think is their service that really won me over.
We had some minor hiccups during the dinner but it was solved pretty promptly.
The food was really my main concern, and I got good feedback which was a big relief for me.

Hope this is helpful in your decision.
Have fun.

happy.gif

jan

Hi Meimei

I did not sign up Grand Plaza cos' the min table i need is 35. Thus we're not comfortable about signing the package, in case the figure goes up.

meimei

Hi Jan,

Which hotel did you sign up instead ? I am still considering the following hotels: Marina Mandarin, Orchard Hotel, Holiday Inn Parkview. Do you have any advice ? I am looking on a weekend - preferably a Sunday. My budget is nothing over $750 per table if possible. Hope to have a good package and deco.

meimei

Hi adeline,
Thanks for your feedback. It is really informative. Did you have your wedding on a weekday ? The min tables for weekend is 25 tables. So I am definitely gonna have at least 25 tables but not sure if it will increase more next year.

What minor hiccups did you had ? So I gather that overall the service, food and suite is good. Ballroom will depend on the number of tables. How was the ballroom deco ? I have not got a chance to look at a actual wedding yet since it is the 7th month now so there's no weddings. I am quite particular about the ambience that night.

Mmm, what you said about the ang pows kind of worries me. You see, my house readiness and wedding is pretty close together so that is the period that I need more money. I am just worried about losing a lot of money on this hotel. Which is why I am also considering MM and Holiday Inn PV. Any advice ?

olive

Dear MeiMei

If you are considering Holiday Inn Park View, they are having a bridal show this Sunday, 16 Sep at their ballroom. The promo packages are quite attractive also at $599 nett and $649 nett. Do check them out and compare. It comes with seat covers & free flow of beer too.

regards
Olive