Grand Plaza ParkRoyal Hotel

mizzie

Hi Gals! It happened to be one of d hotels in me list...i emailed them last week but got not reply...just send them another one...hope they reply...btw u guys know how much for weekdays har?
thanks!

snow_white

Hi Mizzie,

Last year's prices for weekday is about 500-600. you check it out again. maybe inflation....

BTW, any of you gals considering buying wedding favours? I checked with the hotel and they are giving only chocolates. I was told that they may be changing to spoons for wedding favours the when I book the package. Now I feel so cheated
sad.gif

oranges

Hi all

I'll like to thank my coordinator Karen, She's very helpful & nice. Finally, there's some improvement in their banquet team.

oranges

Hi Starlight

Ya, I went for my food tasting. Overall comment-the food is not so nice, a bit salty (for some dish) & the dessert is horrible. The standard have dropped,as compare to last time. My hubby actually went to attend his friend wedding in Grand Plaza Parkroyal. \clipart(bounce)

starlight

Hi Orange

Pai Say to reply so late, my food tasting will be this week. Quite “ kan cheong” abt it as my FIL usually got a lot of comments.

So have you meet Karen to let her know on the food. For dessert, are u talking the walnut cream n dumpling type?

oranges

Hi starlight

Actually more comment is better, at least they will be improvement on yr actual day. With nice foods yr guest oso will enjoy, right ?
I think is not walnut, should be peanut cream and black sesame dumpling. The cream is very rough, i actual fact it shd b very smooth. Maybe is better nw after i comment.

Hm...i have not meet Karen, be'cos my food tasting is on sunday. she's not working. By the way, yr food tasting is on this wk which day?
Keep me inform after yr food tasting ok,c whether any improvement a not .

starlight

Hi Oranges

Ya, hope the food will turn out nice, think as long as my FIL got go, sure a lot of feedback to give to Karen. Opps, i must have the dessert mixed up. Let u know next week on our food tasting.By the way, what is your package, gold?

So when will you be choosing your theme and wedding flavours? We are thinking of having the stroller band during our cocktail but can't decide if it's better to show the slides. Then we will exchange it for the spa if they allow us to offset it for couple spa. wat u think, pls give me some suggestions.

oranges

Hi starlight

Guess yr food tasting is on Saturday? Pls let me know hw's the food ok ? Hm...i think so mine is gold package. We chose the stroller band, having the slides is quite expensive,right ? That depend on yr budget if u hv "spare" money then is ok,if tight budget i think can forget abt it. I went to attend my friend wedding, they oso have the slides but think not many people is interested to see.

Sorry I don't understand what u're asking regarding the "spa" & "couple spa" ?

starlight

Hi Oranges

Sorry to confuse u. My SIL is helping us with the slides so we are free to choose either the stroller band or spa. Now we are thinking if we show the slides during cocktail then no need to take stroller band. But if we choose the spa, not sure if we can use this voucher to get another package for couple.

What kind of slides your friend having, for me, i always enjoy myself watching those wedding slides. Maybe the guests are too hungry to watch, busy eating is it? Then i suppose u dun intend to have any during your dinner?

oranges

Hi starlight
Ya is up to u to take either one, maybe u can discuss with yr hubby. Personally, I like the stroller band so we don't intend to add in other things during our dinner. Think guests will be bzz eating & drinking.

For optional theme , maybe u can check with yr coordinator & see whether can they accomodate with yr request. Btw, when's yr actual day? Mine is next mth.

snow_white

Hi all,

Just check up. I don't have food tasting. my wedding is in beginning nov. till now I am waiting for my coordinator to call me. you think they will call me to inform me what to do?

oranges

Hi samantha

Don't wait for them to call u, just call yr coordinator. Y u don't have food tasting very funny lor ?

snow_white

Hi oranges,

My coordinator finally called me yesterday. we are meeting up next week. I dun have food tasting becos I changed it to beer. anyway, tot even if I find the food no good also difficult for me to change. Me not really a good food critic....hehe..

starlight

Hi Oranges

The food tasting turned out quite well, most of the dishes are ok except for the sharkfin & abalone. There was too little sharkfin, mostly crab meat and for abalone, the meat was too tough, meaning its of a low quality. For the dessert, my parents say its ok too, according to them the paste will not be very smooth since walnut is used.

byeee

Hi,

Can anyone recommend me coordinator when i call them up dis wk? Who will be more easy to bargain gd wif service.

Thanks
happy.gif

starlight

Hi Angeline

Sorry, can't help u on this as the person I talk to already left. But u can try speaking to Brenda or Karen, both of them are quite nice.

mashi79

Hi all,
My banquet will be held at this place... Brenda is my co-ordinator... So far no bad experience with her... Will be having my food tasting next week... What themes have you gers choose???
happy.gif

starlight

Hi Oranges

Saw you asking for red wine contacts at Nov03 thread. Not sure if you are aware, but there are corkages chrgs for wine imposed by Grand Plaza. Pls let me know in case I got the wrong info.

Hi Mashi
We chosen the bliss theme, for VIP we took the gold sash.

byeee

Hi,

I just pay the deposit a few days ago.Seems like quite a lot of bad comments on them.Nw getting alittle stress...Anyone had their food tasting recently?Which dishes is good?Fish fresh? etc?

Anyone seen their governor suite wif the jacuzzi?
How do u all find it?
Would appreciate some comments from u all.

sad.gif

skysky

Hi Byeee
My wedding dinner is held recently on a weekday..it's not bad,...the ballroom is very oriental looking with 2 very big chinese calligraphy at the 2 side walls and the guest scroll comes in a very
beautiful chinese silk cover..those more oriental-inclined pple will like

The ballroom is also located at a private floor that contains only the ballroom and one function room.

The ballroom is pillarless and the extremly tall ceiling makes the place rather grand. The only setback is the walkin cos the 2 entrance doors are at the side, so u either choose one pax walk in from each door and join at the centre of both walk from one of the side doors.

The fish, prawn taro and mushroom are very gd. I've feedback saying the sharksfin is not bad also.

I also had the governor suite with jacuzzi...the room is very grand looking with a lot of "props" for foto-taking..me and my hubby took a lot of fotos on the same nite after our dinner, in the suite and also at the open-air jacuzzi...the latter is quite cool only that u got to wear your swimming costume or clothes cos it can be seen by the Excelsior Hotel above. My hubby and my frens who visit the room were all very impressed with it! Facilities wise a bit old though.

snow_white

Hi all,

Had my wedding banquet at Grand Plaza Parkroyal a few weeks ago. General feedback about food is ok.
I find the governor suite more impressive than their presidential room (used it for photoshoot).

Can't say much about the service provided by their coordinator, but I received excellent service from the banquet captain, Eric on my wedding day. Really thanks to him that everything went smoothly.
happy.gif

oranges

Hi all & Samantha

I agreed wif samathan Eric (the banquet manger) he did a good job. Thumb up for him, excellent svc. Me 2 thks to Eric for making my wedding dinner run smoothly.
lol.gif

But not so happy wif their room svc, my snack supposed to be serve at 4.30pm to my Governor suite. Guess wat ? It was late for 1 hrs & i was jumpin high & low be'cos i'm suppose to eat b4 my make-up artist arrive. Actually, I wanted to complain but cool low after tat.
angry.gif

piper_chung

Dear all,

just want to share with you my experience with Brenda. I had very good experience with Brenda and a new girl (Merinda - taking over Brenda cos' she will be on maternity leave soon). They have been very consistent in their services to us. Brenda always take the initiative to call me about the feedback etc. I was the one who called her about the food-tasting and she was pretty flexible with the timing too. After the food tasting, both Merinda and Brenda called me on 2 seperate occassions to ask how the food tasting was etc. I am quite happy with their service. The food was quite okay. So all in all, it was and hoepfully it will continue to be a good experience for me.

simplebride

Hi all,

care to share whether GP is flexible in throwing in add'l perks? if yes, care to share?

has anyone attended the bridal show fair? would like to know the type of perks they throw in during this kind of bridal fair.

thanks. can email me at [email protected]
happy.gif

okipoki

Hi all,

Just got back from a wedding dinner there... The ballroom is not bad & the food are ok too. Ohyah as mentioned, I am quite surprised to find out that the suite c/w a outdoor jacuzzi which not any hotel I know of has it.

blog

Hi,
Went down to GP to see the ballroom. Quite grand BR though, with beautiful red carpet and chinese caligraphy on walls. However, found that the bride/groom marchin will be brief and need to take a L-turn.

Also got the wedding package from Brenda. Can anyone share if she is flexible person to negiotate? i.e. waiver of wine corkage, free flow of beer 4 weekday, LCD projector loan, etc. Pls help if you have information.

If not, we are thinking of holding it at Crown Prince, where heard that food is fantastically good (by Long Jiang) but also heard that the co-ord are hard nut to negiotate.

Cheers.
Bloghead

michie

Hi Blog,

I have confirmed my banquet with GP and I must say that my coordinator is quite good.

Was liaising with brenda initially but as usual she is hard to get and then her asst called and told me that she was on leave. Well anyway, her asst offered her service. btw her name is merinda.

I went crown prince too. coordinator is corrine and she is sweet too.

was in a dilemma abt which to choose but GP's package is too hard to resist. have you seen the bridal suite yet? it is fantastic!!! even comes with a private jacuzzi...

Regards,
Mich

michie

Hi escape,

Yes it comes with the package. There are 3 packages silver, gold and diamond. It is only applicable for Gold or Diamond. There are 3 suites, only governor suite comes with the jacuzzi. If that suite is not booked by any guest on your wedding day then there should be no prob.

wakey

hi can i join u gals? me has confirm with grand plaza, My wedding date is on 27th feb 05. the sales executive is Marinda. she is oki.. But have not seen the MGR before... i will be going down to sign the contract on the this coming fri...
a bit scared now... seems like got lots of neg comments on gpr.

fresh

Hi anxious

dun worry ,me too gonna sign contract very soon. Did you take up the ballroom , are you given the governor suite automatically? Which package did you sign for - silver,etc ? Well , mine this year and not yet sign any contract.. HeeHee !!

wakey

angela, mine is the gold package and merinda says once i paid the deposit they will blocked the room for me..
Which package u taking? hear from them that if u took the weekend packages with gold or diamond ones, they will give u the governor suite.

When is ur AD? exicited...?

fresh

Anxious

Prob silver , you have good budget leh , heard that it cost a lot for gold package . My AD will be on 1st Oct . Ya really excited and busy with work wedding at the same time. So how's your preparation? What's your theme going to be ?

wakey

Hi angela, The theme is still dun know leh.. my corrdinator said that the theme will change every half yr according to the trend. So when the timng is nearer, they will inform us. My Coordinator Marinda is leaving soon and she said that Karen is taking for the time being. Who is ur coordinator.

The gold ones is a bit ex. one more dish has to pay $70 more. But no choice, scared relatives comment abt the food.

My Ad is on the 27th feb 05. Abit kaisu... Hehee... Now still looking for BS but reali dun know which one to choose... which bs did u engage in?

Wah, 1st oct pretty near liao, hows the pre??

fresh

Hi anxious

nice to hear from you. You mean Marinda is leaving the hotel ? Oh I thought I've an appointment with her soon. Nope , its good that you have preparing in advance. Not like me , evrything last minute . I have chosen Bridal Zone , heard that its good . You can surf the related thread for more info.

1st Oct very near liao , still have more decision to make.

a2002

Hi,

I am new here. After visiting hotels after hotels, and many being booked up for my date, I am 90% sure that I gonna book with Grand Plaza. Hope to join you people here...

My co-ordinator is Karen and she's very good and understand what we need.

I will be taking the Gold or Diamond package. You people attending the coming bridal show on 27 Mar? I just signed up with Karen and paid for the show.

I was told they are in the process of changing the carpets, and other decor of the ballroom. It will definitely be changed for 2005, but the design not fixed yet. Hopefully it will look nicer cos I find the decor a bit outdated already. I quite like the big and exclusive foyer. :)

thebear

Hi Ung,

I'm considering to sign up either for le meridien or grand plaza. I personally prefer grand plaza but they are not able to give me 2 nite bridal suite, free LCD projector and also to change those chocolates/cakes to keychain, etc.
Did you manage to change it for your package?

wakey

hi angela, sorry for the late reply
ya, marinda is leaving soon. few weeks ago when i went down to pay the deposit, she told me that.
how ur pre? me looking for BS now. thinking of signing up with Jazreel low collection. any comments?
ya, u better be fast.. ad very ma fan... but in the process it is fun...

a2002

Hi thebear,
I did try for 2 nites bridal suite. However, I will get one nite bridal suite and next nite in a deluxe or superior room. I will taking the Gold or Diamond package. I did not ask to change the wedding favours. I might design my own. When I was there and they were setting up for a wedding, the box that the cake was in, looks cheapo. The paper for the box a bit soft and not nice. Instead of wasting efforts bargaining for that, I decided to source for my own.

I met a guy (I suppose the banquet co-ordinator or manager) when I went there to have a look at the ballroom, he told me LCD projector is FOC. When I went there, there were two LCD projectors. I think two projectors are needed for the longuish ballroom.

hmm.. Jazreel Low... I haven't been there. I am a bit lazy to go to so many bridal shops. A bit too time consuming... and I have been to all in IMM, and Z wedding in Tanjong Pagar, and once at Suntec's so called bridal fair.

wakey

Ung: Wat??? the projector is FOC??? Marinda told me have to rent (abt $250) Did u manage to get the projector FOC???

a2002

Oh yes, I forgot something.. I am not using the wedding cards from them. I have my own design and I source from overseas. From my hotel to hotel experience, it seems that wedding cards cost quite a lot. I can actually change the wedding cards for something else.

I did not bring up the projector issue when I went to have a look. It's the guy I met at the ballroom during the setting up for a wedding who told me projector no extra charges. It is the staff there...Dunno his position, but looks like banquet co-ordinator or manager.

thebear

Hi Ung,

I've checked with the coordinator and she has told me that the projector is chargeable at $250 each . We need at least 2 projector because of the deisgn of the ballroom. Is not possible to negotiate it for free as they have to rent it.
All I can think of it maybe to forgo maybe the 1st year anniversary dinner and exchange it for free projector but subject to approval too. I really doubt they can exchange.