Grand Plaza ParkRoyal Hotel

doggiel

I have to let go of my Grand Plaza Parkroyal Weekend Package. If you are looking for a beautiful, pillarless ballroom with high ceiling, very accessible location (only 5 mins walk from cityhall mrt), and most of all, a value for money package with good food, this would be an ideal place.

$838 for table for 10
Applicable to weekend (Fri – Sun) or eve of public hol and public hol
Min : 25 tables, Max: 35 tables (32 tables recommended if you intend to use the projectors)

I have a $2,500 nett discount from total bill. Other perks include free usage of 2 x LCD projectors, Free flow of beer, Complimentary 24 bottles of house wine (if min. 28 tables), Waiver of corkage charge for duy-paid wine and hard liquor, complimentary 5 trays of cocktail canapés for cocktail reception etc

The package is applicable for an open date in 2006 weekend (Fri – Sun) or eve of public holidays or public holidays, subject to the ballroom’s availability. If you are interested, please let me know your preferred dates and I will check with GPPR if the date is still available.

Any other queries, please feel free to email me at [email protected] to discuss further.

kar

Hi doggieL,

Yrs is a good deal! However, almost all weekend dates are snapped till year end, will GPPR allow yr package to be used for 2007? If so, maybe i can ask around for you.

btw, why you wana let go your package, yr wedding in jul?

doggiel

Hi sweet kar,

thanks for ur help. yes, GPPR allows my package to be used for 2007. However, for 2007 the discount will be reduced to S$1888 off wedding bill for every 30 tables confirmed, or S$1088 off wedding bill for every 25 tables confirmed, instead of $2,500 that i obtained for 2006. Anyway, i'm willing to neg on my $3k deposit paid, so overall it will still be a good deal for the buyer.

i'm letting go due to personal reasons. i tink GPPR is a great place and has a very comprenhensive package.

doggiel

hi fangy,

thanks for ur enquiry and email ! as sweet kar mentioned, indeed most of the weekend dates at GPPR are taken up already, unless u want my date 15/7/06 (sat) or sometime in 2007 : )

anqi

dear all,

does anyone has the wedding package for GPPR to share? looking for details of their weekday package that is meant for Year 2006/2007.
thanks!

anqi

opps, forget to mention my email address, hee.

[email protected]

thanks.
happy.gif

summer1979

Hi madrock,

Thks..cos me been liasing with eric so i tot he might left w/o informing me..btw my wedding dinner is on 10th nov 2006.

Cheers/Summer

ppbbxhz

hi all,

just curious, will they serve the banquet food to the couple in the suite after the dinner?
as i know some hotels do that.

tulipz

hi summer and madrock,

how's your preparations?
mine's on 20 nov 06 =)
yah i also aliase with eric.. think nothing to do so far bah...

XHZ, i have no idea.

summer1979

Hi Tulipz/madrock,

Att his moment, i am more on gg for my wedding shooting lor, mum buying those wedding stuff for me, maybe sep be gg down for food tasting bah...

How abt u gals?

Cheers,Summer

tulipz

hi summer,

ah i see... mi also. going to take photoshoot in june then after that start planning invitation cards etc. have not started anything on the dinner yet =p

ooo food tasting.. that's fun.. think mine maybe around then also.. i haven talk to eric since i signed the contract.

summer1979

hi all,

I am also under Eric. Hmm how cume eric didnt inform us leh???

OOps who is gg to be co-ordinator?

Btw who had their wedding past? ANy comment abt the food + service? Is the equipement there good?

CHeers/summer

starcom

Veralyn is attending to us now. Think she shld be quite new to the dept, never heard of her name being mentioned in this thread before. Will be meeting her on next Monday.

She may not have inform you, maybe becos your AD date is still quite some time away.

kar

juzger, i heard frm my coord tat it can hold up to 35 tables, any experience with 35 tables? or will it be super cramp?

btw, there'll be a centerpiece for every table rite?

starcom

I think from the pic above, the layout looks alright to me. Ours is going to be 26+2R tentatively.

We were told there are 2 themes of deco to choose from, Crystal and Summer. The pic above shows Crystal, deco mainly in white with white roses and lily.

Personally, we prefer the Summer theme. There is going to be a wedding dinner this coming Friday and Sunday with SUMMER theme, interested can drop by and see.

ppbbxhz

hi silver27,

u can drop by at ard 6pm before the guest arrive. by that time, the tables are almost ready. and u can a feel of the ballroom. ;)

starcom

Ya, I think 5 to 6pm is a good time. Cos definitely there won't be any guest yet, just some of the helpers and the groom.

Summer theme is more peachy, pink and golden. Whereas Crystal is more white, Ang mo style. The 2nd picture above is actually the VIP table setup.

summer1979

Hi all,

Can i ask abt the wedding favour?is it still test tube with tea leaves? Cos i hear that they might hv new wedding favours...shhh but not yet cfm.

Oh two theme summer & crystal.

Hmm me oso dunno which one is nice & suitable for us couple??

If anyone, do hv the summr theme can post over here so that all of us here brides of GPPR can view them all!!!

Many thks muacks...

summer1979

Halo Juzgal,

Hear that they do serve the weddding couple some food after dinner, wow great cos my hubby big eater, during the dinner he sure cant eat much, so at least after dinner he can eat till he is full hahah

Can i know which wedding theme u used?

Btw how is the food?The montage videography grahic is it good? My wedding is on nov'06.
So planning to go food tasting during July bah.
Is it to early?

Wow at least yr wedding now over, me headach now cos need find emcee, and draft out prg list leh.

Any one here got actual whole day prg list?care to share...

Cheers

starcom

They have a few wedding favors to choose from.
- Test tube with floral tea
- Mini bottle with floral tea
- Chocolate
- Mini Photo frame
- Mini Teddy Bear

As for the theme, it's really up to individual likings, no say which one more suitable lor. If you are really interested in viewing the layout, you can pop by the hotel today(26 May) or Sunday (28 May) for the Summer theme.

Yes, the hotel do provides 2 sets of room service order, which you can order separately, one before and one after the dinner, or together.

Program list you can request from your coordinator. They have a copy readily obtained upon request.

starcom

From what we heard, dinner in Si Chuan Dou Hua is not oversee by GPPR banquet exec. So I doubt food will be prepared by them.

They only have one ballroom with a exclusive reception area.

kar

Hi Silver27 and starcom, the last time i asked my wedding coord, she mentioned tat the banquet food is prepared by si chuan dou hua, maybe can confirmed again.

btw, anyone has any idea when will there be a banquet with crystal theme? i dropped by GPPR yest to view the summer theme, didn quite like it. Find their deco very simple.

kar

greengal, i forgot to bring my cam tat day, so didn take pics of the summer theme. But starcom is right, i think both both themes look simple though i haven seen the crystal theme.

I only liked the centerpiece they used for summer theme, other than tat i feel tat the aisle and stage deco looks simple. Hope they'll make the deco more expressive.

juzger

<font color="aa00aa">hey sweet kar,

it will v cramp leh. think 30 tables abit cramp leh. my advise below 30 tables just nice.</font>