Grand Hyatt Singapore

shavaine

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give some feedback on my experience with the Grand Hyatt.

The Gallery is an impressive space and the pillarless ballroom was a plus. We were really keen on signing up with them, but ended up choosing to take our business elsewhere. This is because when we approached the coordinator assigned to us, Hun Leng, about exchanging certain items on the package, such as the 2nd night's stay and the club membership, for wine or beer, we were met with a flat out "no perks can be given" answer, even though we were not asking for perks. Rather we were seeking to exchange things that we did not want for things that we needed, as no wine nor beer is included in the package. Considering how exclusive they are trying to sell this venue as and the cost of the package, we were disappointed with their rigidity. We were more disappointed by the fact that the coordinator had pointed out that the location is very atas and is like business class, so had a "basically, if you cannot afford it, don't come" kind of attitude. She did not even bother replying to my email when I was seeking to clarify this misunderstanding and was voicing my disappointment. So even though we were prepared to and can definitely cover the costs of holding a wedding at the Gallery, and it is highly possible that the other service staff at The Hyatt are very good at what they do, we feel that it is just not worth to pay money to be snubbed at.

shavaine

I'm pretty sure this got posted last night. Not sure why it disappeared, so I'm reposting it.

Just wanted to give some feedback on Grand Hyatt. The Gallery is an impressive space and the pillarless ballroom was a plus. We were really keen on signing up with them, but ended up choosing to take our business elsewhere. This is because when we approached the coordinator assigned to us, Hun Leng, about exchanging certain items on the package, such as the 2nd night's stay and the club membership, for wine or beer, we were met with a flat out no perks can be given answer, even though we were not asking for perks. Rather we were seeking to exchange things that we did not want for things that we needed, as no wine nor beer is included in the package. Considering how exclusive they are trying to sell this venue as, we were disappointed with their rigidity and more disappointed by the fact that the coordinator had pointed out that the location is very atas and is like business class. Basically, if you cannot afford it, don't come kind of attitude. She did not even bother replying to my email when I voiced my disappointment. So even though we were prepared to and can definitely cover the costs of holding a wedding at the Gallery, we feel that it is just not worth to pay money to be snubbed.

ngmelissa

Hi all

We hosted our wedding luncheon at The Gallery recently and would definitely highly recommend them to anyone considering the Grand Hyatt.

Feedback from our family and friends who attended the luncheon:
- Food was excellent (everything from canapes to main courses to favours and the wedding cake)
- Decor was tastefully done and the ambience of the place very cosy and warm
- Service met expectations; though there were a couple of new service staff who could do with more training/ experience
- Overall, everything went very smoothly and everyone had a very fun-filled afternoon

Our friends who were helping to coordinate the afternoon with The Gallery managers and AV technician also said they were very accommodating, gave sound advice when needed and tried their best to make the event go smoothly and as per our plans.

Our sales coordinator was exceptional- patient and understanding as we sent in questions after questions, accommodating when there were changes and ad-hoc requests made. She gave good advice as well and helped us to organise an absolutely memorable and wonderful wedding celebration.

The stay at Hyatt itself (we stayed 2 nights) was also awesome. We felt very pampered and even had staff who knew us by name and greeted/ congratulated us in the lobby, at breakfast, etc.

Absolutely amazing.
Now we're wondering what else we can host at the Hyatt!

Note - it wasn't that there weren't any issues that cropped up during the event but these are inevitable as with any other event and nothing major that would detract from the great experience we had.

edade

Has anyone held more than 26 tables at The Gallery, and extended the banquet to the reception area? I'm keen to hold my wedding celebration at The Gallery but I have about 30 tables. Wonder how the march in be like if we extend the banquet to the reception hall.

ykie

Hi everyone, 

I am a 2014 BTB and am considering the following 4 hotels: 

1) Conrad 
2) Grand Hyatt The Gallery 
3) Four Seasons 
4) Crowne Plaza Hotel (I haven't seen the ballroom yet) 

So far, I have only seen the ballrooms except for crowne.. Haven't met the sales manager yet. 

As I will only have around 20 tables, which venue u think will be most suitable for a luncheon and why? 

Appreciate your views on this. Also, any recommended coordinator or sales manager for the 4 hotels, are most welcome as well
happy.gif

In addition,  any idea when are the wedding shows for these hotels and how many wedding shows a year as I know some hotels have 2 shows a year and some only do it once in a few years. 

Thanks in adv for your advice!

Ykie

isobellies

IMHO I just attended 2 weddings at Conrad recently, and although the food and service are good, the ballroom is getting quite dated. Four Seasons have always been pretty good with food and service too, but their cocktail area is tiny. I absolutely love The Gallery, and love the lounge as well as the Atelier rooms, which would also be great to use if you need somewhere for doing a tea ceremony or wedding vows, and great for guests to mingle before the event and during dessert. I haven't been to Crowne Plaza at all, but suspect it isn't in the same league as the other 3?

ykie

Hi Iso

Thanks for the replies. Yes I love the gallery as well but the only thing is I don't quite like the function room alike as the ceiling is very low. Also the prices seem steeper.. So am weighing the pros n cons now.

Have u got married or getting married? Where is your location?

shavaine

I think four seasons for a luncheon would be nice, especially if you can get the bigger ballroom, because it has the high ceilings and the large french windows. So during the day, you can have lots of natural light streaming in.

starrzskz

Hi All,

Just visted the Gallary and their ballroom is truely nice and spacious given that most of the ballroom in singapore for medium size wedding (20 to 25 tables) are cramp and limited too..

But the price is really steep and does not include wine and beer too..

May I know if their food is really worth the price? The coordinator told me that it is pricey coz of the food they offer..

hopefully they will hold a wedding show for 2014 package...

Jes

isobellies

what is their package like? the food was really good when we had an event there last year. we recently had a small party at 10Scotts in The Collection Room. It was really lovely!

starrzskz

Hi Iso,

Sorry for the late reply..

The price was $1388+++ (exclude wine and beer), 8 course dinner and some of the food are individually plated..

Kind of exp...

isobellies

Hmm I heard Mandarin Oriental Friday price also around there. I guess it also depends on whether you think your guests will give ang pow generously?

Same as Starrzskz. My package offered is $1,388++. Currently negotiating with Rachel to include perks (1 bottle per table, free upgrade, 2 canapes etc.).Likely to go with GH due to ambience and good for medium sized weddings (min 20 tables). Anyone knows when is their next wedding fair for 2012 or 2013?

starrzskz

Hi Serene,
May I know when ur wedding? Mine is in mid 2014, so was thinking if I could wait for their release of those new renovated ballroom.. I heard package will prolly release in jan 2013

Hey Starrzskz ,
Tentatively is Oct 2013.
Understand that Hibiscus room is under renovation till April 2014.

If yours is mid 2014, still can possibly wait till Jan 2013. i'm a little anxious on dates as it is difficult to coordinate with church, mua etc. can't wait long

starrzskz

Hi serene,

You mean their ballroom renovation will only finish in early 2014? I thought is in 2013.. if wait till early 2014 then book will be too risky already..

kiptrip

Hyatt supposedly has some new venues available as of end of this year. Does anyone have anymore info on these venues?

misspeirong

Hello, I just happened to request for a proposal from them. So here is some info on the new space:

Level 3 (Grand Ballroom and Grand Residence) – Brand New Event Space available end of 2014!

Grand Residence

Minimum capacity : 20 tables

Maximum capacity : 24 tables

Grand Ballroom

Minimum capacity : 30 tables

Maximum capacity : 38 tables

veebee139

Hi all,

Has anyone signed a package for the new grand ballroom? Noticed they dont have seat chair covers. Are you able to request for them to throw it in?

Thanks!

Zoey Faith

Anybody tried the food at the new Grand Hyatt yet?

I'm thinking of using the Grand Ballroom which has a spectacular projector screen that spans the whole wall. The place looks lovely and new as it was just renovated. I'm choosing between these 3 options now:

1. Mandarin Oriental
Pros: Delicious food, cheapest amongst the 3 options
- Cons: Ballroom is so-so

2. Grand Hyatt
- Pros: Nice and modern new ballroom
- Cons: I'm uncertain of the food quality and price is on par with St. Regis Hotel

3. St. Regis
- Pros: Grand and beautiful ballroom
- Cons: I'm uncertain of the food quality and price is on par with St. Regis Hotel

kiptrip

Anybody tried the food at the new Grand Hyatt yet?

I'm thinking of using the Grand Ballroom which has a spectacular projector screen that spans the whole wall. The place looks lovely and new as it was just renovated. I'm choosing between these 3 options now:

1. Mandarin Oriental
Pros: Delicious food, cheapest amongst the 3 options
- Cons: Ballroom is so-so

2. Grand Hyatt
- Pros: Nice and modern new ballroom

3. St. Regis
- Pros: Grand and beautiful ballroom

I've just had my wedding in Grand Hyatt, not the grand ballroom, but can rest assure you the food is excellent in Hyatt. Been to St. Regis for a wedding and the food is good there too.

Hanny13

Hello everyone,

I had my wedding at Grand Hyatt on 30 Oct 2015 and I would advise those who are considering Grand Hyatt, to CONSIDER VERY CAREFULLY.

Yes, Grand Hyatt serves one of the best Chinese wedding banquet menu and the ambience of their ballrooms is really impressive.

But other than that, the service was absolutely disappointing. To the point that I think we can say, it's horrifying. I don't think we were fussy in any way but it was the most stressful because they were screwing up in so many ways.

2 major ones - my solemnization failed to start on time even though my JP arrived sharp on schedule, and misspelling our last name on the welcome card in our bridal suite. Misspelling our last name only goes to show how much attention is given to us as newlyweds holding our wedding there.

I am still waiting for the Director of Events to meet up with me and see what he can offer for service recovery but honestly, our big day is already over. What's done is already done.

If you'd like to find out more about their package, you can check it out on my blog at www.esthan.blogspot.com

py_dae

Hello everyone,

I had my wedding at Grand Hyatt on 30 Oct 2015 and I would advise those who are considering Grand Hyatt, to CONSIDER VERY CAREFULLY.

Yes, Grand Hyatt serves one of the best Chinese wedding banquet menu and the ambience of their ballrooms is really impressive.

But other than that, the service was absolutely disappointing. To the point that I think we can say, it's horrifying. I don't think we were fussy in any way but it was the most stressful because they were screwing up in so many ways.

2 major ones - my solemnization failed to start on time even though my JP arrived sharp on schedule, and misspelling our last name on the welcome card in our bridal suite. Misspelling our last name only goes to show how much attention is given to us as newlyweds holding our wedding there.

I am still waiting for the Director of Events to meet up with me and see what he can offer for service recovery but honestly, our big day is already over. What's done is already done.

If you'd like to find out more about their package, you can check it out on my blog at www.esthan.blogspot.com
Hi hanny, could u PM me too about your experience with Grand Hyatt's service, pls? [email protected] thank u!

akane81

Hi, i'm considering this venue for my wedding as its the only hotel in my list that offers two nights stay in suites plus free flow beer etc. Anyone know the payment policy for Grand Hyatt? How much deposit needed to confirm the booking?

autumn84s

5K non refundable down payment. They have a ballroom on the 3rd level with min. capacity of 15 tables, your reception with GST will be lesser than that.

Mindynat

Hi All,

I signed up with GH in June 2016 for my wedding which will be held on December 2016. The deposit was paid in end June, and the event coordinator has told me that she will send me a copy of the signed contract as well as the suggested time line for our reference.

2 months has passed, and I still haven't received a call or email from her. I finally dropped her an email last week, and called to ensure that she received the email. However, 1 week has gone by, I still have not received anything from her. Considering that my wedding is only 3 months away, I have not even chosen my wedding card/decoration/arrange a date for the food tasting. I guess it says alot about their customer service.

GH is not for the weak-hearted kan chiong bride. Do sign up a package with GH only if you are a laid-back bride who doesn't like reminder on what is needed to be done.

Hi All,

I signed up with GH in June 2016 for my wedding which will be held on December 2016. The deposit was paid in end June, and the event coordinator has told me that she will send me a copy of the signed contract as well as the suggested time line for our reference.

2 months has passed, and I still haven't received a call or email from her. I finally dropped her an email last week, and called to ensure that she received the email. However, 1 week has gone by, I still have not received anything from her. Considering that my wedding is only 3 months away, I have not even chosen my wedding card/decoration/arrange a date for the food tasting. I guess it says alot about their customer service.

GH is not for the weak-hearted kan chiong bride. Do sign up a package with GH only if you are a laid-back bride who doesn't like reminder on what is needed to be done.

May I know who your coordinator is?