Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel

kite~

Hi eggie,

any latest updates from you? if i m not wrong, tomorrow evening, there will be a wedding dinner holding at waterfront ballroom.
happy.gif
r u gg to view this one? i cant make it tmr to go down n view.

eggie

hi kite,
I went to see the place 2 weeks ago and I feel that the ballroom have low ceiling, but the reception area is very pretty. I'll most probably will not choose the place. I think you can go and take a look when you got time cause it still looks good and presentable. Just that I always wanted somewhere that looks grand

kite~

Hi eggie,

oh! so u are saying the newly renovated waterfront ballroom doesnt look as grand as the bigger ballroom?

eggie

hi kite,
should go to see for yourself. the grand ballroom has high ceiling and looks really beautiful. I hope you don't mind me saying it looks more like function room with just downlight and no high ceiling.

kite~

hi eggie,

of coz i dont mind u saying the waterfront ballroom. cos i was sort of expecting it might be nicer n grand since after the renovation.

btw do u know the grand ballroom caters for min n max no. of tables? grand ballroom looks very classy n grand w high ceilings rite?

in fact in total how many ballrooms does GCW has?

edksdid

hi all, just had my wedding there last weekend. mine was the citibank promo last yr.

comments abt food n ambience were very good.

however i made a loss abt 5K. maybe becos of the location. some pple might tot tt since it's not in orchard, then maybe not so grand. or maybe times are really bad.

piper

hi edksd,

did u hold it in the grand ballroom? I'll be having my dinner there this dec...kinda worried..dunno if can breakeven or not

kawaii

i've just attended a friend's wedding held at one of the new ballrooms at level 2 last week.

they've only about 16 tables, i must say that the riverfront ballroom looks very normal and the march in is very, very short, leh! surprised that the false ceiling looks normal and like any hdb flat's false ceiling and oh, my god, the stupid spot light keep rotating and shining on my eyes throughout the night, so glaring. i've requested the waitress to turn it off but she said not supposed to turn off due to ambience??? what's this, mann??

but i must say that the food is yummy, except shark's fins got only a few threads of sharks fins. the service staffs did top up and change plate after every dish.

just my thot to share with all of you!
happy.gif

edksdid

hi piper, yes i had it at the grand ballroom. as for the ambience and food wise, u dun hv to worry. it's terrific. hv u chosen ur menu? the first dish we selected the japanese combination. everyone commented tt it's nice and speacial. oso there's one roasted chicken with deep fried garlic is oso a must.

out friends' tables mostly breakeven or profitted a little. it's some of those relatives and parents' friends' tables tt made the loss.

hi kawaii, i agree w u. when i first saw the 2nd lvl ballrm i thk it's such a disappointment. i wonder who'll hv their wedding there. however the reception area is like heaven and earth compared to the ballroom.

my MIL went to hyatt for wedding dinner yesterday and she says the sharkfins is worse than ours in grand copthorne. i mean she didnt say ours is not nice. but maybe she was expecting some really good from hyatt.

piper

hi edksd,

I've not chosen my menu yet...I went thru the two menus for my choice & there are some dishes which i want from menu A & some other dishes which i want from Menu B....think they will be flexi enuf for me to do the switch ? Is there any dish in particular that we shud avoid?? How's the portion?

Just to check with u, who was ur co-ordinator & wat time did u start ur dinner?

I'll be having my dinner on a weekday...so quite worried if the dinner will be able to start on time...

sorry for asking so many qns..just tat as the date draws nearer, more & more doubts begin to creep up my mind....

edksdid

hi piper, yes, u can choose in between the menus. the portion shld be ok i think. so far no feedback on portion too small or not enough to eat. i'm not sure what are the dishes to avoid becos a few of my friends gave me comments on which dishes are nice since they've been there for other weddings before. so i only picked those nice dishes.

my coordinator is elena ong. started at 8.30pm.

no worries u can check with me if there're any doubts, if i can help. relax lah... still got 3 more mths to go...

yesterday the wedding my MIL attended was a weekday dinner. the attendance not so good becos this period is exam period. ur december is school holiday period leh... better rsvp nearer to tt date since nowadays pple can easily book a tour and go for a short holiday anytime.

piper

hi edksd,

thanks for the info...my big day is 1 week b4 christmas...hopefully most of the people will be taking leave after christmas till end of year....but i'll still work hard to check the rsvp rate

My co-ordinator was Karen...but she got transferred recently and Grace is now my co-ordinator. Wonder if she's ok/flexible...

edksd, just 1 more thing to check with you...when u pick ur flowers for the ballroom decor...were there any descrepancies? was the florist nice?

relaxfun

hey everyone,

I just had mine on the 1st week of Sept but had upgraded menu in Level 4 The Grand Ballroom.

My guests feedback were :
Ambience : VERY GOOD 10/10!
Food: Big Servings, but for the taste wise not everyone gives the same comments, some say too sweet some say not sweet, some say salty, some say ok. 7/10 for the food.
Flowers: I find them very fresh and i chose lily and champage roses and the roses were big ones maybe from Holland, doesnt look like those u find in the wet markets which are usually small.
I will give 9/10 for the flowers!

Hotel Room: I feel disappointed. Stuffy, smelly
I even found ants crawling ard my helpers' room main door frame! 4/10!

edksdid

hi magdalene, what do u mean by upgraded menu? what did u've on ur menu?

i believe there're bound to be discrepancies for the food. i did had feedback abt the crab claws not fresh from my hubby's sis's table. but when i checked with my bro's table, he said ok and he's super fussy when comes to food. so i guess, this's really unpredictable.

who was ur florist? june too? i think the flowers we had were fresh oso but well, i think june florist just isnt tt type tt gives us tt wow! feeling kind of florist.

which bridal suite did u have? mine is 2521 and my helpers' room is 2520.

kite~

Hi,

anyone going to attend the Divine wedding show on 29 Oct which is located at GCW? Is GCW going to open all the 4 ballrooms for public to view? any idea? thanks

piper

hi magdelene,

who was ur co-ordinator? If it's grace, was she accomodating/flexible? I've not liased with her yet so dunno wat to expect from her.

did u upgrade ur menu from weekday to weekend? How much more did u top up? me also thinking of that but dunno how much this will add up to....

relaxfun

edksd & piper

I had changed my wkday menu to wkend, and the price is wat u will pay for wkend course lor.

The florist is June florist, they are the supplier for Grand Copthorne Waterfront mah. Edksd, u mean u didnt use them? But wat kind of flowers u expect them to give so that will have "WOW' feeling? Flowers are flowers mah, just be sure that their settings are sweet the flowers are fresh which i think its good enough already.
happy.gif

Piper
My hotel room is 2621, hlepers room is 2625. Yes, my co-ordinator is Grace, she is a VERY NICE lady, very flexible and friendly. But after the wedding, she didnt bother to call for feedback leh
sad.gif

Piper must show Grace wat u want and be firm, if u are to change to wkend course, u are the QUEEN there liao! cos its the most exp course already! Demand for wat u expect!

edksdid

hi magdalene,

i was oso using june florist. but there's another choice too but i forgot the name. my car deco and hand bouquet by secret gardens gave me tt wow! feeling becos when we told them we had an orange theme, they suggested using wild flowers rather than those usual orange roses or orange gerberas which are so common.

wah... magdalene, maybe u might not break even becos most pple tot wkday dinner are usually cheaper.

relaxfun

Piper,

Must know how to 'fish' grace... pull sometimes, let go string also sometimes
happy.gif
u get wat i mean?

edksd,
Grace onli told me June florist leh.... yeah u are rite lor, cant break even on my dinner, lost abt 2-3K, so piper, must be prepared.

piper

Hi magdalene,

ya lor ya lor...think must know how to "por" these pple sometimes...will leave such tasks to my hubby...kekekeke....

the weekend dinner comes up to almost $900 per table....so might scrap the idea then....

relaxfun

piper,

no lah where got so exp! my package is 808nett for each table, but got minus $18 per table on citibank promotion lor

edksdid

hi piper the weekend dinner i had was at 690+++ which is 770 per table. this's the citibank promo i signed up last yr. not so scary as in 900 la. if it's i think i'll make an even greater loss.

piper

hehehe...then i must have mixed up with some other hotels' packages....

have to discuss with my hubby if he wants the upgrade then...

hi girl80,

why don't u contact the hotel direct? they would be able to provide u with the details of ur needs.
happy.gif

kite~

Hi,

Just wondering those of u who have signed up with GCW, what are the perks or discount u received, for eg, corkage waived or whatever n etc. cos i intend to book my wedding at GWC.
happy.gif
btw out of the 4 ballrooms, which ballroom has the longest aisle? i suspose is grand ballroom rite? how long, long enough for a long march in? btw anyone co-ordinator is under "Adeline"? Is she flexible n nice? thx

relaxfun

Kite,

I've talked to Adeline before on my food testing day, she is also friendly, but i'm not sure abt flexiability of her.. cos she attended to me becos my coordinator was on leave.

askabride

hi pple, so does every1 who signed up with citibank promo get to have the $100 voucher for T-dragon and June florist respectively? Even thou the contract doesn't state that we are entitled?
Thanks!

piper

hi edksd,

eh...how come i never receive the $100 voucher then? think i better call the hotel & ask Grace...

relaxfun

Piper,

I also dun have $100 voucher from T-dragon leh.... i think onli for those who booked more than 40 tables in the first place..

roro

hi gals..
i think i noe why... it is only valid for weddings booked on 21st Feb 2003
happy.gif

but there's a catch, only valid for printing charges of $300 and above..

kite~

Hi all,

I guess i prefer Grand Ballroom rather than Waterfront Ballroom as it's quite a disappointment. Btw if i hv only 30 tables or less, can i book Grand Ballroom if i want to? Thanks.

relaxfun

kite,

if yr date is not those popular mth, they will consider letting u book for 30 or less tables lor. If popular mths they will not.

babyg

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what is the perks given during the previous bridal show or citi bank promo?

Thanks in advance.

piper

hi hi...

have clarified the doubts with my co-ordinator...

she said for the $100 voucher, it was given when it was signed up under a different promo...& like what RoRo said, there's a minimum sum which you'll have to spend before utilising the voucher...

Guess different promo will have different perks & in my case, I was given other perks which the other promo did not have...hope tat clears everyone doubts now.
happy.gif

kite~

Hi Magdalene,

Hmm my wedding tentatively will be Dec 2004. Guess dec is a popular mth.
Since u met Adeline before, may i know what is her age group? professional n experience enough?

Hi Piper,

May i know who is ur co-ordinator? my co-ordinate through email is Adeline (cos i hvnt gone down to view the ballrooms). When i asked her about any citibank or UOB promotion, she skipped my email and didnt reply. Instead she replied my other mails.
sad.gif
dunno y leh.

hmm or is there other nice co-ordinator to recommend me?

piper

Hi kite,

My co-ordinator is grace...I've not liased with her yet coz my previous co-ordinator just got transferred to another dept...
happy.gif

roro

Hi piper,
I'm actually at a lost.. regarding the invitation cards & florist. izit true dat we liase wite T-dragon & June florist directly instead of thru GCW?
I've not gone down to Tdragon yet leh, shld i come out with the wordings or watever during the first meeting? thks in advance.. sorry, a lot of questions
happy.gif

piper

Hello Roro,

Have u received the letter from GCW informing you tat you may collect ur cards & pick ur flowers?

If u have, do give Tdragon & call to make an appt first..I went without an appt on a saturday & it was quite packed tat day.

Not to worry, Tdragon do have some samples of wordings which u can choose from...However, if you prefer to phrase ur own invites, it would be better if u had the wordings ready for ur first meeting so that they can include it in the proof for you.

As for the florist, I've yet to visit them myself. But according to my co-ordinator, we can just pay the florists a visit & identify ourselves as couples from GCW...they will have samples for us to choose from & we'll pick our package from there.

Hope tat info helps...
happy.gif

piper

Hi magdalene,

Yup...i've got my own transport. U mean the florist will meet me at the hotel if i request?

relaxfun

Piper

No harm asking Grace to arrange, have to be very near to the date lor, cos my wedding not much time left for me to go down to the florist and i dun have transport, so Grace arranged florist to meet me together with her to finalise everything on the same very day lor

piper

Hi Magdalene,

Then i think i got no excuse...i still got ard 2.5 months to go...Think I'll pay the florist a visit myself.

I've seen ur photos for ur AD..very pretty. Just want to check with you, the "thing" which they used to put the menu - was it provided by the hotel? Did every table have tat as well?

Wat did u choose for your favours? Wat are the choices.....like roro, paiseh hor, ask so many qns...
embarrassed.gif

relaxfun

Piper,

The wooden stand for the menu is standard wan, sure have. every table also have but cannot bring home wan lor.

I chosen the handmade mini magnet photo frame, she gave me candles, chopsticks, magnet frame, chocolate, fruit or chocolate cake as options.

piper

hi magdelene...

I like the wooden stand...very different from the rest of the hotels whereby they just "plonk" a card on the table...think the stand makes the menu look very elegant
happy.gif

wow...so many items to choose from...any catch? I've got the citibank promo & i dunno if i can choose the magnetic photo frame as my favour as well...