Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel

A

aa

Hi all, do you know whether GCW is using the bigger tables or smaller tables for the banquet? I'm having 45 tables. Not sure if they'll use the smaller tables to make the whole place more spacious.

storm

hi askabride

I got my cards printed with Jasvy Marketing, which is one of the contacts given by GCW.

I printed 280 cards in all. It cost me $140 for the matt gold hotstamp on card($0.50 per piece) , $80 for the block (which is the mould they make of your card) and $56 for printing the map of GCW on the back of the card ($0.20 per card. I believe that matt gold is more expensive than the glossy one. and printing a map is up to you. we printed 140 ivory and 140 red cards. So in total we paid $276 for 280 cards...

hope this helps.

askabride

Hi Storm,
Thx a lot for your reply, you've been of great help!
happy.gif

A

aa

Happen to know that yesterday and today there's wedding going on at GCW.

I went to take a look on both days.

Both was having straight march in. The stage decor was exactly the same. And I think the stage in the middle looks so much better than when the stage was at the glass window.

Any comments from other brides?

A

aa

Today there's another wedding. I saw that the centrepiece is just a stalk of small rose in a small vase. It looked so pathetic. The couple had 55 tables total in such a grand ballroom. But the centrepiece is really lousy.

Any others who've attended wedding there or held their wedding there tell me is it always this pathetic centrepiece for all?

A

aa

Today, the wedding at GCW is of L shaped walk in. Their stage decor is different from that of straight walk in. I still prefer the latter decor but I wanted a L shaped walk in.

C

c@ndy

hi storm,

saw ur pix on wedding dinner...hmmn...saw a table full of kids...err..u had a special arrangement for it or juz happen all the kids r sitting together?
happy.gif

piper

think they have quite a few favors to choose from...the last i heard from Karen (my co-ordinator), there are pralines, fruit cake, chopsticks & potpurris.

juzcurious

hi piper, when'll ur wedding dinner be held?

that's what i heard from my coordinator (elena)too. she says the new favours will be out for this year only. so i'm not sure the brides this year are using the new favours already or not.

piper

hi juzcurious,

my dinner will be in Dec this year..

dunno much abt the favours except wat i've posted earlier.

but i'm not into giving out fancy favours....so i'll just take watever the hotel give....

juzcurious

hi piper, i'll be having my dinner a couple of months before u. so by then i shld be able to give u advice if any
happy.gif

did u sign up with them during the citibank promotion also? last yr i think.

piper

hi hi...

yup...i sign up during the citibank promo..purposely apply citibank card to get the promo..hehehehe..

if u do meet up with ur co-ordinator, maybe just ask if there are any changes....do keep me updated. Thanks!

juzcurious

hi piper, me also signed up during the citibank promo since my fh has citibank card.

mine is on sat. 45 tables. what abt u? i'm thinking of having L shape walk in.

i think the hotel is still using the old favour. they're still in the midst of changing i think. hopefully by my turn, they've changed already.

i liked the ballroom so i chose this hotel. what abt u?

did ur coordinator tell u when she'll call u up for a meeting?

hv u personally attended a wedding there before? i've not.

piper

hi hi...

mine's on a weekday for abt 40 tables (not confirmed yet)..

we booked tat place bcoz it hold some special meaning to us...also, the pine tree garden backdrop is too beautiful to give it a miss...will definately choose a L-shape walk in.

my co-ordinator did say that she'll call us to collect the cards & stuff. but my hubby & i think of having some photoshoots in the hotel, so might contact her earlier to ask her to see to the arrangements.

i've not attended any wedding there, but reviews from those who attended are good & they have very good impression of the hotel.

hopefully our wedding will turn out just as fabulous

juzcurious

hi piper, it's so great to hear from another GCW bride as it seems that this thread is usually quiet.

this place also hold special meaning to us. my FH proposed to me there. and we used to patronise the lounge quite frequently when we were first dating.

we also tot of taking photos there but we looked ard. nothing really special to take leh. hv u seen the bridal suite? i've forgotten how it looks like. but i know it's not really big as compared to other hotel's bridal suite.

btw, hv u selected ur bridal, photographer, ur new nest, etc?

piper

hi hi..

seems like we are the only 2 GCW brides chatting..hehehe

we have an enjoyable stay at GCW during its soft launch...very impressed with the service & really love the grandness of the hotel.

i didn't really go around sourcing for hotels. we visited only 3 hotels - MC, MM & GCW. Only visited the bridal suite in GCW...so cannot make any comparison here.

i've booked my bridal with milan..still sourcing for actual day photograher but more or less confirm oredi...just need to meet one more b4 deciding.

our love nest will be at SK...but will only collect keys in Nov 2004. so in the meantime, might have to stay with in-laws first.

wat abt u? how's ur preps coming along? when r u getting hitched?

juzcurious

yeah, hopefully other GCW can also join us if there's any.

i rom last year. bought a resale flat in town. renting out currently. will renovate in july.

i'm with kevin seah. studio/outdoor is with benny ang. actual day is with memphis west.

wedding is in sep and photography in june.

piper

hi hi...

we went to view benny's work as well....very nice but very ex!!

benny was my hubby's ex-classmate too!!

juzcurious

hi piper,

since he's ur hubby's ex classmate, he shld give u all discount! hehe..

that means ur hubby is born in 1975? what abt u?

how much is ur pkg with milan?

piper

aiyah...if everyone go there ask for discount, then wat will benny earn? besides, paiseh to ask for discount also.

eh...how u know my hub born in 1975? me same age as him..but few months younger...

my package with milan is $2988 or $2688(i think) can't remember...the amt...went there coz my sis was with them & quite like their photos.

smile

hi piper/juzcurious

u both having ur wedding dinner in GCW?
i'm smile and i had my wedding dinner there last month too
happy.gif

piper

hi juz curious...

my package does not come with a car...but could have bargained for one if we really want one. wat abt u? r u taking MTM or OTR packages?

hi smile,
how was ur dinner? who was ur co-ordinator? any bad reviews/comments?

juzcurious

hi smile, care to share ur photos with us? any photo, need not be taken in the hotel. wld like to see ur smiling face
happy.gif

yeah, anything to advice us?
happy.gif

hi piper, u mean u dun really need the car? i'm taking MTM. will be looking at the WG designs this weekend. at what stage are u at right now?

piper

hi hi..

i mean we can borrow cars from our friends...not that i dun need a car.

do u have any designs of ur WG in mind? my package is OTR..so no need to headache abt design...

now the only thing left for me to do is to book actual day photographer...that's all.

juzcurious

hi piper,

me too. intend to borrow car from friend as bridal car.

so which actual day photographer u've shortlisted?

hv u picked ur OTR gown?

smile

hi piper/juzcurious
i've not collect my actual day albums yet. still waiting for the photographer to call me lor.
i'm using Nick Goh.

As for the dinner at GCW, both of us are very happy and satisfied with their arrangement. They help alot. We have 2 slide shows for the evening. The Banquet manager, Mr Sam and his staff is great!! My coordinator is Ms Elena Ong.
happy.gif

When will u both be having yours? who is your coordinator?

juzcurious

hi smile, so ur coordinator is also elena. me too.

what abt the food and service? any comment from ur guests?

did u hv a L shape or straight walk in? did u ve a theme for ur wedding? where did u put the ice carvings? inside or outside the ballroom?

btw, how do u find the bridal suite?

sorry for asking so many questions. i'm rather excited!

smile

hi juzcurious,
so ur coordinator is oso elena?
happy.gif

i hv a L-shape walk in and we have our ice carving on the stage. The curtain (for the backdrop) only open when we start to pour the champagne (after 2nd march-in).

so far, the guests are happy with the food.. din hear any -ve remarks leh.

we are not particular abt bridal suite, so we find it ok lor. hee.. when will u be staying there? how many nite days did elena give u? i hv a 2nites stay there.

How many tables did u confirm? i think u are able to take the L-shape walk in if u hv 45 or less tables.

hmm... u can email me if you wanna know more
[email protected]

bon

Hi gals.
Can I ask you gals what is the package available at GCW? Price per table for weekday and is there 2 menu or just one standard one?
Thanks!

juzcurious

hi smile,

how come u've got 2 nites' stay?

for me, we've the bridal room + helpers' room. but we intend to exchange the helpers' room to additional nite at the bridal room. elena is agreeable to that.

i think i may leave the curtain drawn away throughout the dinner becos i dun like the curtains.

i've 45 tables, so L shape is possible.

piper

<FONT COLOR="119911">hi juzcurious,</FONT>

me thinking of asking benny for actual day shoot.

after looking ard for so long, think we only like benny's style.

maybe will go &amp; see him again next week to discuss abt the pkg.

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">Hi smile,</FONT>
we met nick goh yesterday. he really spend a lot
of time on the artwork...

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">hi bon,</FONT>
mine was a weekday package for $598 +++. with citibank offer, there's a discount of $18 off per table. dunno if the offer is still valid.

there're 2 menu to choose from.

piper

hi juzcurious,

saw the photos on the web.

but my hubby feels that benny would be the one for us coz since he knows my hubby &amp; the "brothers" on actual day, there won't be any awkwardness.

My hubby also feel that he will feel more comfy in front of the camera if the person behind it is Benny.

think out search for actual day photography is more or less settled then...

now, have to think abt where to stay after marriage.

piper

Hi hi cyn,

welcome! welcome!

wow...u booked your dinner with GCW oredi?
wat abt other preps? have u started?

smile

hi cyn
welcome!!

hi juzcurious
we exchange the helpers room for a 2 nite stay coz none of our helpers wanna stay lor.

yup, u can talk to elena abt that. we hv 45 tables and she manage to do a L-shape walk-in for us. All 45 tables were using 12" type so that our guests are more comfortable
happy.gif

have u choose ur march in songs and the background music?

btw, is urs a weekends or a weekday wedding?

gary

Hi everybody, I m new here and prob one of the few guys here. I was reading about this citibank promo. Can someone explain it to me and also is it still valid. Thanks

juzcurious

hi bon, sorry missed ur posting. mine is a weekend package for $718 +++. with citibank offer, there's a discount of $18 off per table. plus offer from hotel, another $10 off per table. so it's $690 +++ per table. and some other freebies.

hi piper, do u intend to get a new flat or resale flat. i've a resale flat in town. i think i'd really like it as compared to new flats which are so far far away and i cant stand the tiring journey on road after work esp if there's jam. furthermore, can get the grant since near to parents' hse.

hi cyn, welcome u! i guess u must be shopping for ur bridal now. or maybe already booked?!

hi smile, mine is a sat wedding. i think it's a better day, at least not all work on sat, and even working, mostly half day. best part is the next day, most dun hv to work. after attending a few wedding myself, i think sat is still the best day to attend wedding
happy.gif
i've not chosen the music yet. u got any recommendation?

hi gary, why not u call up the hotel to chk. they know better than anyone of us whether it's still valid since most of us booked it last yr.

cyn

hi piper, smile &amp; juzcurious

yup i've booked my banquet. my coordinator is sheena... i also booked with the citibank &amp; also bridal show promo. as for bridal, done too. will be gog for 1st appointment in mar.

smile, you had yours already rite.. how's everything? how you find their food?

piper &amp; juzcurious, when's ur big day?

hi gary
think citibank promo til march. they having a bridal show next mth but this time they tied up with UOB. maybe you can go have a look.

juzcurious

hi cyn, u're pretty fast.

my wedding is in sep. and i'm also going for first fitting in mar. ur wedding is 3 months after mine, yet we're on the same timeline! when's ur photoshoot? mine is in june. btw, which bridal did u go to?

do u know which bridal is the bridal show tied up with?

piper

Hi cyn,

my wedding is in dec this year.

I'll be having my PS in April 2003...going for my gown selection very soon!!

actually i more KS than you....i booked my bridal in July 2002....almost 1.5 years ahead of my dinner....kekekeke...

for me, everything's almost done, except collecting keys to our nest...

smile

hi juzcurious
yes, sat is always the best day for wedding. too bad, we can't get a "good" sat... so end up on a friday. we paid $718+++ which is equal to $798 per table. We din hv any citibank promotion on the time when we booked
sad.gif

but ok lah..... so long as all of us are happy
happy.gif

hmm... its depends on what kind of songs/music u both like. I think "From This Moment" and "Perfect Moment" are 2 popular songs u can used for ur march-in. As for the background music, we used a combination of Venessa Mae, Kenny G and Richard Cladyman
lame.gif

Hi cyn
yes, my wedding is over. everything is fine. We are very satisfied with their service and food.

Hi piper
wow.. how come u hv ur Photoshoot so early?
happy.gif

So hv u decided which outdoor places to go to?

piper

hi smile...

bcoz my hubby going for reservist soon..no..we have not decided to where to go for PS...

we were thinking GCW or Sentosa....no concrete plans yet....u have any suggestions?

juzcurious

hi smile, how's their sound system? do we need to situate one friend to control the music?

did u hv to pay to use the projector?

are we able to design the stage decor or they do it for u?

smile

hi piper
oh... tats why u hv ur PS so early.
happy.gif

hmm.. choose any place that u both like. if u both love seaside, go to West Coast or any beach.
hee.. can oso go to a place where u both used to go during ur dating days.

juzcurious,
yup, i did bargain... then elena finally lent their projector to me FOC :p u pester her lor.

their sound system not that good but still can use lah. they hv engineer to operate the system for u. got one not that helpful leh... when we bring our CPU to test run few days before our actual day, he not helpful lor. one day before our actual day, we went again. this time round we met another engineer, he is very nice and helpful. luckily on our actualday, this person is on duty.
happy.gif
i really appreciate his help lor.

as for the stage deco, i thik u can hv some say in it. for us, we leave everything to them coz we just want a simple deco. i only tell them i dun wan our names (or any wordings) to be hang on the stage. Oso,the backdrop alone is nice enuff
happy.gif

she will arrange for u to meet up with their florist when ur date is nearer. u can then choose the flowers deco urself.

cyn

juzcurious
it's gd to settled things early leh. dun like to rush lah. i signed up wif universal bridal studio in toa payoh. PS shd be in sept. this 1st appt is actually for me to try out different cutting of gowns tat they have so i know wat looks good in me &amp; wat i want for my gowns. now stil no idea leh. gcw show tied up with white link. which bridal are you wif?

piper
hey, i also as KS as you leh. i also booked mine ard the same time as you. but your PS quite early huh? which is you bridal studio? PS at gcw is a good choice. it'll remind of where you had your dinner. too bad we can take in the suite.