Goodwood Park Hotel

Tingzcrown

I booked my lunch reception at gwp during their wedding show early this year, so the person who showed us arnd was not from banquet sales but frm another dept (which is usual during wedding shows due to the large number of guests) the coordinator who got in touch with us for their contract afterwhich was Chris. He was friendly and prompt in replying all our questions.

The only hiccup was tht when we tried to book the outdoor pool area for solemnization, it was already booked. But I guess tht was entirely our fault for overlooking that and not reserving tht in the first place. Well, I guess we saved $1000ish in that way too haha..
Oooh thank u for sharing :)
Can you sort of share how's the feedback on food ? Cox my colleague dinner I wasn't even half full ><

Tingzcrown

Wah !!!!! My chosen hotel conrad only req 4k deposit den after everything then settle the rest leh :/for a poor me, I shall stick to conrad lol

Is 25% a lot compared to other hotels? Seems like other hotels mentioned require a lump sum like 6k or 4k? Guess the deposit will depend if ure having a lot of tables or not?

@Tingzcrown sorry I can't feedback more now cuz my banquet is next year sept haha. But my htb's brother held his wedding at gwp too and we thought it wasn't too bad, which was one of the contributing factor in booking for our own too. But it's a 8 course I think should be okay haha..

effie05

It seems like a fixed sum of money like $4k or $6k serves as deposit for most hotels? But yes I think it also depends on the number of tables. @frozenvanilla, I went to meet Chris too but he was very reluctant to throw in the stuff that we needed even though we were gonna have 30 tables and above so we left after a 15 min discussion.

Tingzcrown

Is 25% a lot compared to other hotels? Seems like other hotels mentioned require a lump sum like 6k or 4k? Guess the deposit will depend if ure having a lot of tables or not?

@Tingzcrown sorry I can't feedback more now cuz my banquet is next year sept haha. But my htb's brother held his wedding at gwp too and we thought it wasn't too bad, which was one of the contributing factor in booking for our own too. But it's a 8 course I think should be okay haha..
Ohh okay :/ haha I hope urs will be ur desired wedding :) :)

I haven't met him in person hope thts not a bad sign lol. We signed during the wedding fair and there were some additional perks which we thought was sufficient for us so went ahead. Also cuz a lot of other hotels were either 1. Minimum number is too many for us (e.g panpac, which btw htb said their food is good!) or 2. The total number is too little for us (e.g grand park orchard or Fullerton straits room I think it's 12 tables). But straits room is really beautiful, food is good too, highly recommended! But reception area is very very small like I think a rectangular table enough t sit 2 pax kinda if I nv rmb wrongly.

effie05

I think since we have signed lets just hope for the best :) don't worry too much and look forward to much fun with all the prep!

Joey.L

Hi, I signed with GWP early this year, but not at a wedding show. I met up with Chris Tan and he was prompt in replying. Despite he was pretty strict in throwing the free perks but we still went ahead cos we love the ballroom. As for the payment, we were only told to make 25% deposit and the remaining will be made the next day after the banquet.

Demisnail

Hello! I am very interested in GWP but got quite worried with the bad reviews online plus I had problems personally trying to get in touch with them. My current coordinator seems like a honest person but needs some nudging.

Went to GWP a few times but didn't feel their hospitality unlike Four Seasons which had super friendly staffs everywhere, makes you feel very at home. Whereas everyone at GWP seems so cold. No one greets you at all and the area at the smaller pool looks like you are at some old school resort or old condo.

What perks did you all managed to nego for?

Tingzcrown

Hello! I am very interested in GWP but got quite worried with the bad reviews online plus I had problems personally trying to get in touch with them. My current coordinator seems like a honest person but needs some nudging.

Went to GWP a few times but didn't feel their hospitality unlike Four Seasons which had super friendly staffs everywhere, makes you feel very at home. Whereas everyone at GWP seems so cold. No one greets you at all and the area at the smaller pool looks like you are at some old school resort or old condo.

Hi, I agree totally :/
Four seasons greets u with a smile :) btw, did you happen to make any appts with them ?

Demisnail

Side tracking abit but I have to say that I am in love with Four seasons, but they are very strict with their perks plus not fantastic menu :( We need flexible dates due to personal reasons with no penalties of pushing the banquet forward/backward but Four seasons will incur heavy penalties.

Well, for GWP lets just say the person who is suppose to meet me did not meet me and in the end the colleague met up with me instead. Thank god as the initial coordinator was difficult to get hold of. Will meetup with the coordinator again till their wedding show this Sunday :D

GWP needs their staffs to learn to greet people with a smile! All the years I've been there I never got greeted a single time.

Tingzcrown

Side tracking abit but I have to say that I am in love with Four seasons, but they are very strict with their perks plus not fantastic menu :( We need flexible dates due to personal reasons with no penalties of pushing the banquet forward/backward but Four seasons will incur heavy penalties.

Well, for GWP lets just say the person who is suppose to meet me did not meet me and in the end the colleague met up with me instead. Thank god as the initial coordinator was difficult to get hold of. Will meetup with the coordinator again till their wedding show this Sunday :D

GWP needs their staffs to learn to greet people with a smile! All the years I've been there I never got greeted a single time.
who is the person you liaise with in Four seasons ? You attended the fair ? Hows the ballroom ?

Yah I agree, the staff there don't have the hospitality type of warm, like very robot doing their job. The hotel is slightly vintage style, but can be seen as a bit old and rundown...

Demisnail

Yah I agree, the staff there don't have the hospitality type of warm, like very robot doing their job. The hotel is slightly vintage style, but can be seen as a bit old and rundown...

I liked GWP for its English Grandeur look however it can look vintage and new at the same time

Hi people!

Has anyone booked GWP for their wedding in 2016? Agree with some of the ladies that GWP seems relatively quiet.

I didn't know GWP is one of those few hotels that'd require 25% deposit and 50% payment before AD. That's like quite a lot of money leh... my fiancé is pretty keen on the place. We met the manager Don Eng over an appointment last weekend. He told us most couples would have had 75% of the payment settled before AD. Is this the norm for other hotels?

Also, anyone of you took up package with GWP for your wedding in 2016? What did you guys negotiate for? We tried getting Don Eng to throw us a 4th dream (instead of just 3) and we were told we will need to have about 5 more tables for that.

My fiancé and I are seriously considering GWP. I'm having reservations cos they seem pretty strict with perks and need us to have 25% as a deposit instead of what seems to be the usual $3-6K.

If anyone of you got married in GWP recently, can u pls share ur wedding package with me? TIA!

email: [email protected]

Demisnail

Hi people!

Has anyone booked GWP for their wedding in 2016? Agree with some of the ladies that GWP seems relatively quiet.

I didn't know GWP is one of those few hotels that'd require 25% deposit and 50% payment before AD. That's like quite a lot of money leh... my fiancé is pretty keen on the place. We met the manager Don Eng over an appointment last weekend. He told us most couples would have had 75% of the payment settled before AD. Is this the norm for other hotels?

Also, anyone of you took up package with GWP for your wedding in 2016? What did you guys negotiate for? We tried getting Don Eng to throw us a 4th dream (instead of just 3) and we were told we will need to have about 5 more tables for that.

My fiancé and I are seriously considering GWP. I'm having reservations cos they seem pretty strict with perks and need us to have 25% as a deposit instead of what seems to be the usual $3-6K.

If anyone of you got married in GWP recently, can u pls share ur wedding package with me? TIA!

email: [email protected]

Hi! I hope that you will find my post helpful because I understand that this thread has been very quiet. I had problems finding more reviews on GWP actually because across the board, most recent reviews were generally negative.

Initally I had a bad experience with my initial point of contact, GWP was one of my top choice but it fell right to the bottom after we had trouble getting hold of the folks at GWP, which imo is totally unacceptable for a 5 star hotel. I almost striked it off the list as I believed that if you have problems before signing, what will happen after you sign? However we were very lucky to have Don to take over.

He seems to be a very down to earth guy who doesn't bother fluffing up the package. He actually told us that if wanted a good sales talk or wanted this and that, he can pass us on to his colleague, he has no problems with that. He also did not hard sell his product -- We were frank from our first meetup (I told him about my initial displeasure) till the (3rd) meetup when we signed the contract; We told him that we are down to the final two venues before we made our final decision and he said that he won't force us to GWP -- he didn't bother throwing in much perks, and is fine with us going ahead with the other venue. I don't know if it's reverse psychology or what but he's a nice and honest man, at least that's the vibe that I got from him la.

Most couples will pay most of their deposit as I believe they (and us) make use of the credit card promotion rebates, whereby you spend a certain amount per 3 months and you will get cashback, hence every 3 months they will pay a lump sum and by the time it's the AD you should be done with most of the payment. I took up the package with them and confirmed my date (Dec 2016) during their recent wedding showcase (last week of Oct). I believe their next wedding showcase should be in April (?) not too sure, but the package that you are currently looking at is newly released this month. They revamped their package to include more flexible"dreams"/perks. The one that I signed up for was this. I was also told that they may be upgrading their suites and the carpet at Tudor is newly laid.

It is not easy to nego for perks tbh but I find that their package is comparable to other venues.

Demisnail

Btw, a lot of couples confirmed their dates with him on the wedding showcase day, I was quite surprised cos I thought that no one is gonna sign up with gwp after all the recent negative reviews :D Guess there are many silent readers :)

I think gwp hotel is a very good choice for wedding, it's actually the top on my list, till I have contact with the co ordinator, it drop it for other hotel.

I signed during their wedding showcase earlier in April this year for next September, so it was the old package tht didn't include any 'dreams'.

We didn't ask for/gotten any extra perks other than the ones included in the package and the ones offered during the showcase.

During the showcase, staff frm different depts helped out and we signed with someone who's not frm banquet and subsequently he passed on to the banquet manager, Chris.

We have not met Chris face to face but I've dropped him enquiry emails a couple of times. So far, he has been helpful and replies are very prompt usually on the day itself. Hopefully the pleasant experience will stay.

Jst a question for btb or graduated brides who is going/has been with GW. I have a huge number of plp for tea ceremony, any idea where we can have our tea ceremony? So far I've contemplated the suite (but too small) and the reception area where the manager suggested, up to 25pax, still abit too small..

Whats wrong with the coordinator??

She is very abrupt, it's like when I talk to her over the phone before I can finish my question, she already put down the phone. Maybe to her I am just another bride to be, but to me it's a once in a life time thing, so of course there are questions and things to confirm on my part.

Btw, a lot of couples confirmed their dates with him on the wedding showcase day, I was quite surprised cos I thought that no one is gonna sign up with gwp after all the recent negative reviews :D Guess there are many silent readers :)
Thank you so much for your detailed sharing!
Just very curious, do hotels generally have better packages if couples sign up during wedding shows?

Demisnail

Thank you so much for your detailed sharing!
Just very curious, do hotels generally have better packages if couples sign up during wedding shows?

Yup, usually they offer cash rebates on top of the usual extra night stay and additional parking coupons. So you can get a certain amount of discount per table.

melodyy

It been rather quiet here. Any recent review for wedding lunch at GWP?
Already booked GWP for my wedding on mid 2016.
Thanks

I wanted to do poolside solemnization before my dinner banquet but that's additional of $1200++ ... Still contemplating whether i should do it

When I tried t book the poolside, it was alr booked by another couple. The sales manager suggested to do it in the ballroom itself before the banquet, not sure if u will like tht, but there's no additional cost :)

I wanted to do poolside solemnization before my dinner banquet but that's additional of $1200++ ... Still contemplating whether i should do it
We didn't take up the suggestion to do a poolside solemnisation. Felt it's an added cost to us. Decided to hold it at a gastrobar at another venue, another day instead. The gastrobar had a better package (food, drinks etc) all in and it seemed more worth while.

JM89

My sister did her solemnization at the poolside. It came out really nice in the pictures and video, compared to if you were to hold it indoors.

We didn't take up the suggestion to do a poolside solemnisation. Felt it's an added cost to us. Decided to hold it at a gastrobar at another venue, another day instead. The gastrobar had a better package (food, drinks etc) all in and it seemed more worth while.
Mind sharing the venue? Thanks :)

Ya i think it has to be on a separate day if it's at another place

My sister did her solemnization at the poolside. It came out really nice in the pictures and video, compared to if you were to hold it indoors.
That's the temptation haha i was thinking if the solemnization takes 30 mins... $1200 is a lot. Furthermore, there's only drinks and nuts for the guests

jaebaby

Hi, can share which pool side did your sister took? The main poolside with shelter? or the hidden one inside? Thanks! ^^

melodyy

hi sherlyn,

Manage to nego a helper room for day use. Then parking coupon additional 10% so total 30%. Earlier check in at 9am.
Their perks are quite strict so didn't manage to require for anything else.

jaebaby

hi sherlyn,

Manage to nego a helper room for day use. Then parking coupon additional 10% so total 30%. Earlier check in at 9am.

Hi Melodyy,

May I check who is your coordinator? When is your wedding? Mine in October 2016 too

hi sherlyn,

Hi Melody, so the additional 10% is not within the 5 dreams?

hi sherlyn,

Thanks for sharing melodyy!

Mind if I ask which day is yours in Oct? Mine is Oct 29 lunch. :)