Goodwood Park Hotel

tinting

Hi gers,

I'm more and more convinced that I may want to consider GWP for my memorable nite.. Btw, Dec is a rainy season, is it possible to have Poolside solenmization?

lindy_koh

Hi Cha Bo,

well, i was there on sat and there was a couple doing the ROM solemnization n the weather was lovely and cool. however, i work in an industry that is really dependent on weather and my advice would be not to take the risk..coz sometimes its nice and sunny in the morning but it pours in e aftn..but of coz its entirely up to u. =)

i think hotels will also mostly encourage u not to take e risk coz its also a headache for them if it rains...if you can maybe can change the date to mar/apr?

dilemmagal

Hi Junnie

You just top up $200 for yr photos. Tat's beri gd. Me, top up $1700 for my albums.

Yes, I found my AD photographer and videographer. How's abt u?

tinting

Hi Lindy,

Thanks for your advice... I guess my wedding would need to be postponed...
sad.gif
most probably 'till year '07... But will visit this thread regularly to update on the latest offer and experience... :p

lindy_koh

Hey,

i went to Ritz to view today, and while the suite is fabulous, e room is nothin compared to GWP marquee!hahah...so i think i'll be going with GWP for my wedding ceremony.but i may also book ritz suite for my wedding nite!hahah..how is GWP bridal suite btw?? am goin to take a look with jeanie this sunday, really curious!!!

junnie

Hi Dilemmagal,

Yep lor must be discipline in spending cos "broke" liao.. my actual day video cum photography is done by moo media.. just met them today to finalise details..
Counting down!!

dilemmagal

Hi Junnie

Aldy controlled myself. Luckily I can hv all photos in cdrom back. can develop myself (cheaper lah), otherwise, will need to spend more. (sob sob).

So how's moo media? hv u seen their works?

Linda
So u intend 2 bk ritz for wedding suite. GWP suite is normal, size is bigger than holiday parkview. However, if you prefer the suite in high level, then GWP may not be the choice then.

lindy_koh

hi dilemmagal,

yeah, i wld def like a nice suite for my wedding night. we are quite choosy about hotel room so i wouldnt mind to book another hotel but doesnt have to be high floors kind actually. as long its comfy and clean.=) i'll see e suite this sunday then decide. coz even if i dun want the room also dun think they can offer much in exchange...

junnie

Hi Dilemmgal,

Yep moomedia is good... thats why we restricted on topping up our pics for their svs.. they are pretty creative and fun to work with, we saw their presentation and their works, super impressive!! Heard their rates went out..so i guess is good news for me..hehehe.

Hi Lindy,
U can look at their new extension, they have very new hotel room, so much bigger and cosy and clean, everything is new... very nice was kinda tempted to go for it but must top up cos the room they gave u for FOC is the old wing.

dazednconfused

Hello, ladies!!!
We've got the Tudor Ballroom for our wedding dinner on Nov 05! SO exciting... Our coordinator is Jeanie.

We're still unsure of whether we want the Mayfair Pool for our solemnisation or not. That's $450 for use of the pool from 12pm-1pm. Only 1 hr! Wonder if I could use that money and "upgrade" to a nicer suite! We are only planning for a few close family members to witness our solemnisation, so it'll be so sayang to only use the pool area for an hr!

scrubbed

hi dazednconfused,
I believe you can bargain for the pool as one of your perks. No harm trying. In fact, insist on it :D

dazednconfused

scrubbed...
SERIOUS?? WOW...

So, I should ask Jeanie to throw in use of the pool area for solemnisation?? I've already informed her that we would like to upgrade our room to a deluxe poolside suite. That's additional $220/nite. We said we would like to have a SMALL solemnisation done in our room instead of paying $450/hr for the Mayfair Pool. But now... Hmmm... Do you know of anyone who has managed to negotiate successfully for the Mayfair Pool?? THANK YOU SO MUCH!

lindy_koh

Hi,

well, i went to GWP last nite and looked at e suite and tudor terrace again. think we have decided on e tudor terrace and Jeanie said she would reserve it for our weddin day unless another couple is also interested for the same day. She also showed us the suite. Def not as nice as Ritz,hahaha..so maybe we'll discuss with her closer to the date on what we can do if we dun want to use the suite. We pretty much decided that we will either book Ritz or Conrad suite instead.=P

my sis and mum went with me and they also found the place really nice...e aircon was a little strong though...but thats a small prob. Now i'm just lookin forward to our wedding day!!!

dilemmagal

Hi Gals

Had my food tasting yesterday. Brought 2 relatives 4 food tasting and they are praised of the foods. Hope during AD, the standard will not drop.

Me, now searching for wedding songs, any recommendation?

lindy_koh

wow dilemmagal,

so glad to know that the food is good. u went to the chinese restaurant for the food tasting? the decor of the chinese restauant looks very nice aft their reno. there was a huge crowd on the sunday aftn that i went there so gues the food must be really nice eh?

i think you have put aside more time for songs and go through your ENTIRE CD collection you have (unless its all techno - noe what i mean??) coz sometimes u'll find a song u never knew existed in the album.

my fiance have alot of new age/chill out albums so i guess thats where we will choose our music from! hahahah...

when is ur AD again?=P

dazednconfused

HI gals...

We have an appointment this evening to see Jeanie to place our deposit! So it will be craved in stone pretty soon... This is exciting. Also visiting Bridal Concept to try on some evening gowns. The final 2 boutiques we've narrowed downed to are White Link and Bridal Concept. It's a tough call, ladies. What do you think???

tinting

Hi Lindy,

Do you have Wedding Present website?

Hi L.S,
The mayfair pool is really nice and i would say $450 is worth it for once a lifetime... I went last weekend with my bf and just nice, there's a solenmization going on there... Wow.. really romantic... Heard that 24th there will be another solenmization going on there. Perhaps you'll like to take a look...
happy.gif

dazednconfused

Hi Cha Bo..
Well, it's all said and done! We committed ourselves with a deposit at GWP today. Saw the Mayfair Pool and yes, we do agree that it'll be PERFECT for our solemnisation. So, we'll most probably be doing that as well. Jeanie showed us the Deluxe Poolside Suite which opens up into the Mayfair Pool. Simply lovely! My fiance and I are very impressed! It'll be worth the additional $220.

Will also be asking Jeanie about perhaps viewing the Mayfair Pool during a solemnisation. Yes, I'm sure my fiance and I made the right choice with GWP.

tinting

Hi LS,

I'm really happy for u... The first place that I've visited was GWP.. and immediately i fall in love with Mayfair pool...
happy.gif
and also the Tudor ballroom.. It's soooo cozy.. just nice for me and my fiance...

However, my fiance wants to keep his option open... so, we may go look look see see..
sad.gif

Anyway, our wedding will be on year 2007... date think will be 7 of July... hehehehe... still got time...

junnie

Hi Dilemmagal,

Getting nervous cos i am..2 weeks plus to go!!
Did u choose the chicken or the duck?
Me going to finalise the details with GWP this coming friday!!

lindy_koh

Hi L.S.

i saw only a normal suite, no poolside so i wasnt very impressed thats why i am seriously considering booking a suite at Ritz instead then go to GWP for the dinner...hmmm..sounds hectic but i like to stay in a nice hotel on my special day leh..mite even book Rasa Sentosa for my wedding nite?? hahahha....

Hey Junnie,
Tell us whats ur choice ya? did you try both already? just go with whatever blends with the whole menu.

dazednconfused

Lindy...
HI! You and your fiance might want to think about visiting the Deluxe Poolside Suite at GWP. Seriously. It's divine. Plus, really can't beat the convenience of staying in the same hotel that your wedding dinner will be held in. Yes, I'm very sure the suite you looked at the the Ritz is stunning. I'd be surprised if it weren't!

Cha bo,
You hang in there! Your time will come before you know it!

dazednconfused

HI EMF...

Great! We're seriously thinking of doing just that too. Have yet to see the Mayfair Pool all done up for a solemnisation and we're planning on dropping by GWP to have a look. Maybe in Jan!

lindy_koh

Hi L.S.
Thanks! wil try to ask Jeanie if we can see that the next time i meet up with her..hope its much nicer than the one we saw!

milmil

Hi L.S
I haven't seen a fully deco Mayfair Pool. I only saw those picture that Jeanie shown me last time. But if i am not wrong, there is a solemination @ Mayfair Pool on 24 Dec 04...Maybe you can double check with your co-ordinator. Hope you will like it.

BTW, when is your ROM? have you find your JP?

junnie

Hi Lindy,

I had the chicken dish at a friend wedding who is also a GWP bride, so i decided to have duch dish for my food tasting..we didnt like the duck dish so opt for chicken instead..
If u are viewing the bridal suite ask to view the suite from the new wing instead of the old wing..is very nice and new but think need to top up... can bargain one lah...

lindy_koh

hey junnie,
Jeanie replied that she can show it to me as long as its avail.yipee! so now just wait for next opp to see her again, hahah...
i think chicken is safe choice coz some pple dun really take duck (roast - my fiance for eg only takes braised duck.Weird). well whatever the choice, i'm sure it'll be great as long as they taste yummelicious!

dilemmagal

Hi Junnie/Lindy

I will opt the duck dish cos I hv another afternoon bqt which aldy had chicken dish.

The forum had become real active again that I catch no ball. (hee hee). My AD is almost down 1 mth time and will call Jacqueline for finalisation.

Merry Christmas to all GWP brides.

lindy_koh

hey dilemmagal,
good for u.at least thats one more thing striked off ur list! now u can relax and prepare for other stuff. sorri me forgot when's ur AD again? should be pretty soon rite? must be so excited....=P

dazednconfused

Merry Christmas to one and all!!

Cha bo...
GWP and Amara are in different leagues. Visited the latter in Sept. and was shown the poolside. No way does it even come close to the Mayfair Pool! Amara's package is about $999, I think. That includes a hi-tea buffet for 30 pax (max). However, I feel the Mayfair Pool is still a better deal. This is because the ambience is completely different... Goodwood Park, lah! Can't really compare.

tinting

Hi LS...

Merry Christmas.....
happy.gif

Oh, i donno about the difference, 'cos i haven't really seen Amara, haven't done my comparism...

Hey, can share a little on your program... You are having solemnisation with wedding dinner rite??

dilemmagal

235270.gif
Hi Linda

My AD is 21 Jan, less than 1 mths now?

Cha Bo
Had my food tasting 2 wks ago? Food is Yummy. We are stomach full only at 4th dish.

Junnie
Countdown to your big day? must be beri excited?
btw what march in songs you are choosing? me headache dont knoe wat 2 choose. cant remember did I view yr beautiful photos? If no, can I see yr pics?

dazednconfused

HI cha bo,

Our program isn't confirmed yet, of course. We've got 11 more months to go! But, we're tentatively planning on having our solemnisation done by the Mayfair Pool for close relatives(approx. 20ppl only), then have an ala carte lunch at the coffee house. Don't think a buffet will be a good idea as there'll already be an 8-course chinese dinner banquet in the evening. So, since that's the case, we'll have our guests place their lunch orders before our solemnisation. Our helpers will be in-charge of taking orders. I'm planning to arm them with menus from the coffee house. Everything will be billed to our room lah.

After lunch, we'll take a break. Rest before the activities begin again in the evening. It'll be a whole-day affair, cumulating to dancing after dinner! We're only having 18 tables, so hopefully, dinner will go smoothly, no hiccups. Then we'll dance till about 11.30pm. After which, we might head to Thumper to continue the celebrations.

But, plans could change. I've arranged for more than sufficient wedding-oriented outfits for the day and night. Bridal Concept threw in a FOC OTR Tea Dress (I don't see myself using a kua, so will choose another dress from their collection). My fiance bought my solemnisation dress for me for Christmas this year from Daniel Yam and there's the wedding gown and evening gown. I think i'm covered as far as wardrobe is concerned.

It's very exciting lah! During Christmas Eve dinner, all my aunties and cousins were thrilled to hear about our wedding plans. They're all planning to "jian fei". It's funny, because whenever there's a wedding to attend, everyone plans to "jian fei"! But, no one really work towards it. All a joke!

dazednconfused

LADIES...
There's an interesting poll on one of the threads. Go to ang bao poll hilton vs. rendevous vs. fullerton and state your opinions, please! Thanks.
happy.gif

junnie

Hi Lindy,
Yep good...go and see the room think u will like it..yep think GWP food is relative pretty good so regardless what u chose it too is yummy..same situation as u, inlaws dont really like duck..

Dilemmagal,
No havent show u the pics..cos very busy, plus pics not out yet, only can collect one week before wedding..as for wedding march in..hahaha have not thought of it yet, can u imagine how bad is my wedding prep, now busy sorting out the church as on that day, i am having a church plus wedding dinner...hehehe.. but will let u know when is all over..but u must find a wedding coordinator to help u, which is impt so that u n hubby can relax and enjoy!! Me meeting Jacqueline this coming tuesday as last fri is christmas eve, Orchard is super jam not forgetting parking...

lindy_koh

hey junnie,

i just went for wedding at Mandarin yesterday and they served both duck and chicken. i think the chicken was def better than the duck. but i'm sure it really depends how the hotel prepares it.=)

my AD is in Aug but i really cant wait for it to all happen!!!!hahahah....i really look forward to wearin the gown and marching down the aisle in Tudor Terrace. A pity the aisle is a little short...hahahhaha...but its not too bad coz i am prone to tripping so perhaps that would minimize an chance of that happening...hahahah...

little_bride

Hi all,

May I know what freebies you all managed to get for wedding dinner?
Will be arranging for an appt with them this coming week so want to be prepared what to ask for.
Anyone got photos to share?

Thanks.

tinting

HI L.S,

Wahhhhh can see that you are really excited le..
bounce.gif
Actually did tok to jeanie about it on the day we've visited the place...

Why don't you put your solemnisation in the evening, before dinner starts? I plan to do that...

If i've decided to choose GWP:

At 4:30pm, solemnisation at Mayfair pool with close friends and relatives. It may drags for an hour, 'cos I've invited a close friend and "zan bei" to bless us (my bf is not baptize, so cannot go church
sad.gif
)

Then, coctail will start at around 6:30 pm.. and I plan to start my dinner sharp at 7:30pm :D

Wow.. dancing?? Never ever think of it.. Hey, so, you'll engage Jazz band?? Got lobang for cheaper rate? It's quite expensive le...

Now, v. luan, 'cos amara hotel's pool-side solemnisation and dinner is quite attractive.. If you join the Amara pool side solemnisation, they gave quite good comments on the ambience, services and foods..

What is your opinion??

junnie

Hi Lindy,

Wow u sounds so excited..thats good!! Me now more "gan cheong"..hahaha.. yep me too very careless short aisle is better for me too!!Hahhaha..
Ur AD is which day in Aug?So which bridal shop did u go for?

lindy_koh

hey junnie,

my AD is 20th AUg.I booked with The Wedding Present, they hv lovely dresses and their staff are really passionate (esp Jordan) about their works. but do look around coz sometimes wat one bride likes is not wat another is lookin for. but i would say go for TWP if you are lookin for lovely details and tie-ups with great photographers like Andrew Choi. I booked CHris Ling. but did it seperately coz there wasnt much of a diff if i took e package. go look around, thats the fun part!!!

dazednconfused

littlebride,

One piece of advice is to negotiate tactfully. How much bargaining power you and your fiance have really depends on the date you choose to have your dinner. If it's considered an auspicious date, GWP has the upper hand. After all, if their package is deemed good enough for couple A, why should they include more freebies for couple B who is also interested in that particular date?

The art of negotiating is also key. Be friendly. Not threatening. This is especially so if you really like to have your banquet at GWP. REALLY, REALLY, DIE-DIE MUST HAVE IT AT GWP kind. It shows them you are interested, and are willing to work hand-in-hand with them in reach a acceptable deal for both parties. They like working with couples who are willing to work with them too!

From our experience, you may ask for just about anything, just to get a feel of what they're willing to part with. Like food tasting, for example. See if you can ask them to increase the number of people from 6 to 8 or even 10. The number of invitation cards too can be negotiated quite easily. But, don't expect them to give you everything lah! hehehe...

Enjoy this process of planning! And Good Luck!

lindy_koh

hi L.S,

wow,i think ur advice makes sense. my AD in aug (lunar 7th month) and i'm sure not much weddings, so i gues i can try to negotiate for better deal...at e same time like u said, dun wana give them a hard time..i think if u treat them w respect and be fair, they wil be willing to put in extra effort to make ur wedding a success...