Goodwood Park Hotel

weoseek

Eggie, Hv you gone thru food tasting? Urs also sunday menu right? Can share what are the dishes you choose? Mine will be end oct

shymz

hi weoseek,

thanks for the info.
how many tables will you be having weoseek? the reception area for the marquee is quite limited right?

scobido

hi dilemmagal

yes, u have to rent their lcd projector.

hi shymz

yes, the reception area for the marquee is v small, compared to the grand ballroom, hope this helps =)

weoseek

shymz,
I'll be having 21-22 tables..still cannot confirm.
Yep reception is quite limited. Therefore jeanie suggested us to use pool site as reception, they will provide reception table, standing tables and music..for 200++..
Still considering the logistic involve and surveying guest's response..very headache..But I like that idea..very special....

Shymz, r u using marquee also?

eggie

Dear Weoseek,

I had email you. Please check your mail.
happy.gif
)

weoseek

soorie..its $200+++ for the booking fee of the location.

Yaloh..i really like the idea..but the logistic issue is killing me. Where is my fh supposed to stand, where should me stand, how to direct ppl to the reception..everything really headache. But Jeanie told us no need to worry, let her handle..

shymz

actually i like the idea of holding in a marquee very much... but i don't think my parents would like me holding my wedding in a "tent" :p

the reception area for the ballroom is quite small too, for 200+ people... is there any other location where i can hold it at gwp?

scobido

hi shymz

any updates on your ad?
happy.gif

hv u confirmed gwp?

quite concern abt e food...wonder whether it is nice...anyone know whether it comes from min jiang chinese restaruant?

shymz

hi moo,

AD will be on 30th Sep 2005 (mum wants it to be in 8th lunar month). confirmed gwp, but haven't paid deposit

yup, the food will be from min jiang... was there recently, food ok

scobido

shymz

hope that the standard will not drop as mine ad will be not so soon...

congrats that u hv settled for a date!
happy.gif

hv u settled for the total no of tables? mine will definitely not be more than 23tables keke

did u go to other hotels or restaurants to racky before u settle in gwp? thinking of gg 4season and regent...hv u been there b4? for regent, can't use their ballroom, only their function room...not nice name
sad.gif
nassim or tanglin room...

4 season has ballroom for 10 to 15tables but too bad, my fh doesnt like it
sad.gif

weoseek

i think previously gwp banquet uses garden seafood 's chef..but think garden seafood already dao3 ...change to become some sharkfin restaurant. Heard that min jiang is a very good restaurant, so gwp food should be quite nice ah? I havent had my food tasting yet..will update you ladies after that

scobido

heee...waiting for your food tasting coments, weoseek
happy.gif

shymz said food is ok
happy.gif

yes, i also heard that min jiang is not bad and banquet food is prepared by them...

do update us, weoseek. oh, btw, u chose the ballroom or the marque? tnx!

shymz

nope, haven't been to either regent or four seasons, only mandarin, grand copthorne, hilton... all dun have grand ballroom, so not that nice...
i heard food at four seasons is very good
happy.gif

i should not have more than 23 tables too, so gwp would be just nice
happy.gif

scobido

shymz

i c, great that u have chosen gwp!
happy.gif

hehe hope i won't be in a dilemma after looking at other hotels' function rooms

so u settle your other ad matters eg ps etc?

scobido

weoseek

nvr receive lei...maybe is still in e process...

r u gg hv round or long tables for your guests? chosen your favours?

weoseek

Just sent you another PM, u see can get or not..
but its the same link, only that it is the 4th presentation.

Mine is round table..cos Jeanie said some old folks wont like to see sharp things on big day..even though initially we plan to hv 1 long table for VIP. Favours will be mix honey and tea.

You havent decide on which hotel yet?

scobido

hi weoseek

nope :p

mine is still far away...2006
happy.gif

may eventually not have it so now i am just enjoying myself, taking the opportunity to go hotel shopping haha!

will be a small and cosy dinner, even if we have it eventually. so hopefully, gwp can still maintain its standard in 2006...

weoseek

wah..thats really far..I thought start looking 1 yr ahead is already very kam cheong..You almost take 2 yrs..but good also, later more prepared..

How many pax you intend to invite? Must communicate well with both side parents, cos I think ultimately its their call to invite how many pax.

btw, this time can see liao eh?

scobido

actually both side parents don't mind not having a wedding dinner
happy.gif

now is up to us lo, that's y i am in a dilemma cos my fh asks me to decide keke

i heard that there will be alot to be done and couples will be tired out eventually...can't see y they will be so washed out lei...

see what?

scobido

hi chalris

maybe u like to contact the coordinator, can visit their website.

better still, if u can go down and c whether u like their place
happy.gif

weoseek

moo,

Have went for my food tasting..quite satisfied with the quality..if you need further details..maybe can pm me.

milmil

Hi everyone,

I am newbie here.

We are also interested to have our wedding dinner at GWP. But the date we like is those date like Chrismas, new year eve or new year. My friend said all these days very risky cos most of the ppl will have holiday oversea and nobody will turn up. :-(

Anyone has similar problem and please advice!!!!

Thank you very much!!

shymz

hello milmil,
actually gwp ballroom quite small... how many do you intend to invite? my friend had hers on christmas, but the turnout was quite ok...

goondu

hi milmil,

I'm also having my wedding in December. I'm collecting my wedding invitation cards much earlier and sending them out early, so that my guests can inform me of any plans for holidays.... at the same time, dun give them excuse to say they going for holiday. ; )

milmil

Thanks Shymz & goondu!

We will try to have about 20-23 tables. I like the garden feel that Goodwood park have. Very cosy and romantic.

I will like to have my ROM there too. We will go down to GW again this Sat to know more details.

Same as Shymz, i also want to know what perks did all or you ask for.

I am still looking for a bridal studio. Any recommendation? Now i am thinking Yvonne Creative, Silverlining & Divine Couture.. still have not decided. May need feedback or any other better suggestion from all of you.

Thank you!
happy.gif

fellaine

Hi everyone! Me and my hubby were initially aiming for Marina Mandarin and M hotel, but unfortunately the dates we wanted were all taken up. So we are now looking at Goodwood Park and Holiday Inn.

Am actually trying to arrange a meeting for this coming saturday. First time, very excited! Hehee!
happy.gif

Anyway, I'm wondering about the deposit required. Is it a fixed amount or does it depends on the number of tables?

junnie

Hi All,

Good to see postings abt GWP here.. me a GWP bride, having my wedding in next yr Jan, just went for food tasting, absolutely delicious..
Fellaine,
The deposit is $3500

dilemmagal

Dear All

Me, too a GWP bride, wedding in Jan05 too. will be going for my food tasting in dec04.

Glad to c the postings here. Had been quite inactive for a period.

scobido

hi junnie and dilemmagal

U all had confirmed w gwp? Taking the marquee or br? My fh and I are seriously thinking of this hotel too
happy.gif

dilemmagal

Hi Junnie

My wedding on 21 Jan 05. Taking the Tudor Ballroom, looks classy and cosy.

Moo
So hv u confirmed yrs? any dates fixed. Know yr AD is somehow yr 2006.

Recommend this hotel and the service. pleased of the sales mgr service.

junnie

Hi Moo and Dilemmagal,

Yep already confirmed (in March).. me also taking the Tudor Ballroom, like wat u said looks classy and cosy!! Have u seen the red roses decor yet? Looks pretty good!! So u getting honey or tea leaves for your guests?

scobido

dilemmagal

gd to know that u like tudor br
happy.gif

which coordinator did u liase w? just find that their ctrpiece is a bit too boring...when did u c e red decor?during a weddg?

find that they do not hv wedding fair...

haven't confirmed e date yet

milmil

is gd that u go down and take a look yourself, is subjective. if u hv small no of tables, maybe u can also look at regent, 4season, hotel rendevous also
happy.gif

junnie

Hi Milmil,

Agree with Moo, is pretty subjective. For me, i wanted a hotel that has small no of tables, added to that i really like Ming Jian Rest. food.