Good JP to recommend?

geniecatcher

I'm also looking for a JP...would appreciate recommendations plse
happy.gif

zerochristy

myraleez23

Hi there, I am looking for a solemnizer for my ROM in October... any recommendations? Do we have to find one who lives near the venue?

smilem

Hi megreen

No.. you can invite any JP who you like & most impt he / she muz b avail.. 3 mths before it.. u ve to start book them...

You can invite them to your ROM location.. i got Dr Phua to go to my weddg .. @ Orchid Country CLub
happy.gif
of coz give them a ANg Bao..

neelie82

Hi!

I'd like to know if anyone can recommend a good and pleasant JP who speaks good and clear English. Planning early for 2013!

And how much do we have to give as "ang bao" too?

Jerome1987

Hi Everyone!

Need some recommendations for Bilingual (Mandarin and English), Friendly and Humorous JPs.

I have tried getting the following JPs for my ROM but they are all unavailable (I'm getting a little desperate already):
1) Phua Tan Tee
2) Phang Tai Heng
3) Lee Keok Boon Peter
4) Chung Tang Fong
5) Ho Nai Kiong
6) Teo Chong Tee
7) Lim Lay Choo Jennifer

One of the JPs recommended Mr Wee Pang Kiat. Has anyone had him as JP before? If you have, can PM me at at [email protected]? Thanks!!!

valen

NG YAN HUAY is good. Friendly humourous man. Eng, chinese, hokkien all can. :)
Hi belinda.. mr ng tan huay can speak fluent mandarin? Because of my parent not really understand english.. that's why I need the ceremony to be conduct in mandarin....

Hi, anyone can give me the contact or email for Mr Ng tan huay?

I am looking for Chinese speaking JP as well...
Anyone has any recommendation

Thanks

Mr Simon Sim! We held our ROM at home (together with our home-warming party:)). Invited Mr Sim to be our Solemniser. He is very friendly and fatherly. On your first meet-up with him, he will provide a complementary couple personality test and some marriage advice. He conducts marriage preparation courses too.

You can email him at [email protected] or give him a call at 96223431. We dropped him an email and he replied promptly.:)
Hi Kate

Is Mr Simon Chinese or English speaking JP?

Hello ladies,

I am looking for a JP that can speak Fluent Chinese,Emglish and Cantonese. Would appreciate any replies! Thanks so much in adavance!

jolene428

Dr Phua Tan Tee. Humorous and speaks English, Mandarin and Dialects. He did mine in 3 languages! Old folks loved him!
Many of My friends used him too :)

Annice

Hello....im getting married on Dec 2015. I've contacted Simon Sim. But his license going to end on June 2015. So he told me to contact him again after June'15.

@naiyoucreamy he backed out 2.5mths before my wedding. I previously booked him in Jan for my wedding in June. When I was about do e-filing for my ROM, I gave him a text to confirm his availability again. Guess what, he told me he had an event at 12 so he asked me to put my solemnization at 11am. Fair enough, i rescheduled my solemnization from 1130 to 11am. After I did that, I sms-ed him again to confirm if I can proceed to e-file. Guess what he told me... "Do you require me to be there for 30 min? May I have a look at your programme pls? I may need to re-adjust my schedule. Usually the ceremony will not take MORE THAN 6 MINUTUES". Seriously??? ROM only 5 mins? So you're gonna leave once 5 mins is up? I was so furious then. He then decided to back out as his travelling time to the other event do not permit. I had to call up another 10 more solemnizers before I managed to secure 1. I think Eric Wong is totally unprofessional. If he had committed his time for my solemnization, he should have planned his schedule properly and not back out so last minute. In fact, if i wasn't the one who initiated to contact him regarding his availability, i dont think he would have told me about this and he would have "pangseh" me on the actual day. Can't imagine that.

alyooop

do not get Mr eric wong for your JP! had a bad experience!
He seems popular, but from what I've seen with other couples he's the chop chop done and hurry leave kind. If you're not ready by the time you arranged, he will ask this ask that. He does it in a nice tone but being the wedding couple when so many things are happening, the smallest things will make you kanchiong.

We had Mr Yap Thian Ling for our solemnisation, he's quite hands off so if you're the busy kind who don't have time to meet up with so many different people he'll be a good fit. Also don't need to worry if you need to "not be rude" by meeting with him in person. But of course check with him if necessary as a courtesy. On our AD he's quite nice, will chat with witnesses (our mums) while waiting for us to be ready for our march in. Gave brief instructions of what to say when to say, confirmed again whether to do in eng or mandarin. Had a little mishap where our helpers misplaced our rings and he kept us calm and went through the instructions and standard vows while our helpers looked for our rings. He stayed a bit afterwards to make sure he took photos with the important people like our parents and didn't rush us through it although I imagine he couldn't stay long since transport out of sentosa (we were in amara) can be a bit tedious. Should be able to find his contact details on the ROM list.

Hello there! any recommendations on JP? i tried asking Dr Phua, Mr Peter Lee, and Mr Tan Yan Boon.. all cannot :(

Our requirements will be to be able to speak english and chinese, won't speak about christianity please!

Thanks!! :)

msjac

Hi All,

How early should we look for a JP? I see that alot of people are saying popular JP taken. I am a bit stress now.

i checked a number of JPs... most of them who are available told me to get in touch with them 3 months away from the date, as ROM has adviced them not to take any appointments way in advance for fear that there may be changes and have to drop out last minute..

Rene_T

i checked a number of JPs... most of them who are available told me to get in touch with them 3 months away from the date, as ROM has adviced them not to take any appointments way in advance for fear that there may be changes and have to drop out last minute..
U can try Francis Ng. My sis seem to have book him a 8-9 mths before her wedding day.

Abottleofsand

Hi,

I need some recommendations and help too.
AD is less than 3 Mths away but I haven't managed to find any yet.

Tried all those on the popular lists and have been unsuccessful.

I hope to find someone who I can meet up before, so that we get to know each other slightly before the AD. And of course someone friendly and responsible.
Would be great too if he actually says a few more words during the Solemnisation.

Any recommendations and help that anyone can render?

Grace Teo

Hi BTB,

Just had my solemnisation last Sunday. My solemnizer was Mr Cheong Yip Kwong (William). He is really a nice person. He guided us on what to do for registration at ROM and what to do during actual day such as the signing pen has to be black etc. He is amicable and approachable. He is with the Geylang GRC. Handles a lot of grassroot events etc. During my ROM, he was on time as well. Prompt in correspondence and will reply swiftly to whatsapp and email.

This is is email if you wish to consider him. :)
[email protected]

Hope it helps!

xSMILE

Hi BTB,

Just had my solemnisation last Sunday. My solemnizer was Mr Cheong Yip Kwong (William). He is really a nice person. He guided us on what to do for registration at ROM and what to do during actual day such as the signing pen has to be black etc. He is amicable and approachable. He is with the Geylang GRC. Handles a lot of grassroot events etc. During my ROM, he was on time as well. Prompt in correspondence and will reply swiftly to whatsapp and email.

This is is email if you wish to consider him. :)
[email protected]

Hope it helps!

Hi Grace,

I am also inviting Mr Cheong to be my solemniser. May I check how long would the ceremony be like?
And would he ask questions during the ceremony?

Grace Teo

Hi Grace,

I am also inviting Mr Cheong to be my solemniser. May I check how long would the ceremony be like?
And would he ask questions during the ceremony?

It was super fast, like less than 15 mins. No dilly dally. Straight to the point. No questions asked. He was really nice to prep us before hand when to say 'yes' when to say 'i do'.

xSMILE

Just meet up with Mr William Cheong last week.
He was really a nice and good person, as we stayed far from each other, one east and one west.
He made the effort to meet at a central area to sign the consent form.
Thought the meetup was suppose to take only maximum 30mins, but we talked around 1.5hrs instead.
Chatted about the process, and even shared with us what will happen on the actual day.

P/S: I had a change in JP last minute ( 2 weeks before ) as I was not comfortable with my previous JP after the meetup to sign the consent form.