Gifts

Hellopanda940

My boyfriend and I have been dating for close to 4 years. We are close to 30 this year. For Christmas, do you specify the gifts that you wish to get?

I received a couple of cartoon character wallets from my boyfriend as a gift... I’m not sure why he did that. Probably he doesn’t know what to get for me so he just randomly bought some stuff online. And nope, I don’t like it at all. I’m very practical, so I’m not sure what should I do about the series of cartoon wallets?
I hope to understand what’s the thought behind this? Is this just pure thoughtlessness? Or guys are just bad at gifting?

Jac09

Hmm, did u show that u liked any of those characters? i would think its very odd for an adult to be gifting cartoon wallets. What about ur birthday present? Although my boyfriend will spend more time to think of what to give (noticing things i like), I will give hints, even to the extent of sending online links too :) however, we only gift during bdays :). i would say its nice for ur bf to have intention to give xmas present. :) communicating ur wants is still the best

Clovers

Yes, I agree with communicating your wants. You mentioned that you’re very practical? Why not both of you be straightforward and tell each other what would you like for your presents? In this way you choose what you want, he doesn’t have to rack his brains too and end up getting something you don’t like.

Is he a humorous kind of guy? Could gifting you cartoon characters’ wallets be him being playful and trying to get some reactions out of you?

hope you communicate with him and work things out!

SarahNg

My boyfriend and I have been dating for close to 4 years. We are close to 30 this year. For Christmas, do you specify the gifts that you wish to get?

I received a couple of cartoon character wallets from my boyfriend as a gift... I’m not sure why he did that. Probably he doesn’t know what to get for me so he just randomly bought some stuff online. And nope, I don’t like it at all. I’m very practical, so I’m not sure what should I do about the series of cartoon wallets?
I hope to understand what’s the thought behind this? Is this just pure thoughtlessness? Or guys are just bad at gifting?
Guys are really bad at gifting. hehe :) If you really don't like the gift, You should have told him sooner.
You don't tell him honestly that you don't like his gift that's why he keeps on buying them for you.
Maybe he is thinking that you like it because you never complain and you're still accepting it. hahaha