Furama City Centre

natash

Helo girls,

Im back from my honey mooney...got sunburned le ahahah....

Anyway things work out really fine with me for my wedding....Everything went out smoothly and the banquet manager service was great that my FIL gave another extra for their tips besides the service charge kekekek....

Food was good as well, no bad comments from my guest so far . Personally i didnt know how it taste cux I was too excited to eat hahaha....

Anyway after the dinner ended, I have my food brought up to my suite, mircowave and ate it..But still no taste cux I half drunk ekkeke....My friends and buddies ate all the food that was brought up to my room...

Had been a really fun and great night...

Cheers
Nas

makiyo

Hi Nas,

Glad to dat your banquet was a success...who is your banquet manager? Do u know how is Cecilia's service? Btw did all your guests turned up?

july

Hi Natash,

My WD is in Sept , can you advise me on the below :

1. When can I go for the food tasting.

2. Is there any discussion between ourself and the banquet manager on the theme we want for the ballroom cause till now we still have not receive any call from them.

3. What about the invitation card , when can we get it from them.

Thanks.

natash

Helo girls,

I went for a short trip to Phuket with my hubby kekekek....planning for a longer trip end yr...Anyway, me will be going to Kl this weekend with hubby again ...shopping ...so pardon me if no respond for the next 2 days ah!!

The asst banager that liase with me was Cecelia and the banquet operation mgr was Andy. Both of them coordinated for my wedding and both are equally nice and helpful. Thats why they are given the extra tips for the extra mile of services ekkekek.....

Most of my guest turned up , except a couple of people who last confirmed and did not turned up..and this type of incidences are unavoidable.

The food tasting is at the 4th level Furama palace and is prior to a month before your wedding date. As for the theme of the ballroom, I think they do not have much differences. It really depends on what you like and how you want to do up the place, some people paid extra for more things to be done up. But for me, I was very contented with the one Cecelia arrange for me, not exaggerated but more subtle arrangement cux I prefer ivory setting...The table clothes are ivory in colour, with some rose petals on the tables.

If you want to check for the theme of the ballroom, it wiill be best to confirm with Cecelia again so you know what is the best arrangement for you and your hubby. Whether you need anything extra or have any entertainment on the stage or you need any extension of the dinner etc. They will call you for the discussion prior a month but of course, you got any concern, you have to let them know earlier.

YOu can get the invitation cards anytime 2 months before your wedding date but you must already have a guest list so you know how much cards to take from them. On hand , you need to have an estimation for the number of people attending your wedding k.

Hope the info helps u girls...and all the best to you all harrr!!

Cheers

littlerabbit

Hi hi Nas,
Back from Mal? U muz be enjoying urself very hard.
Hey, can check with you how many tables you had that day? Think my number of tables might keep increasing but the ballroom would then look too cramp if tables too many. So how's yours?

natash

Helo littlerabbit

I had 29 tables with 2 reserves...and it was still loose, much space to move around ahahha...Of course try not to exceed 40 tables...It would be very cramp...How many tables do you currently have now?

littlerabbit

Hi Nas,
We have booked a min of 30. As for how many currently, haven't go and relook into in. Currently busy looking around for my wedding shoes instead. How r u getting on?

pris

Hi Nas,
Sorry for replying so late.
My wedding is fine and Ceceila actually give me the whole grand ballroom for 22 tables.
The only complain I recieve from my guest is the muslim table cos their rice is served cold but either then that everything is fine. My turn up guest nearly 2 tables never turn up so abit loss on Ang pows.

Hehee, me went to Bangkok for short honeymoon trip cos got bb cannot go far so planning a longer trip next year.....more to western countries.
Free e-mail me lar or call me lor, cos long time never heard from you..!

marrying

Hi all B2B in Furama
Hey girls, knew that some of u had ur wedding held in Furama, i am thinking of having my there, but nothing confirmed as yet, mine is next year, care to tell me about your experiences with Furama? is it good?

makiyo

Hi all,

Do u know dat Cecilia has left Furama? Ivy is taking over her duties...Have anyone liased with Ivy B4? How's her service? Oh no...I've to repeat my preferences to Ivy again!

enge

hi, fren! i'm new tis thread. nice to know u gals. I oso consider to host my WD at Furama. any comments abt ivy? pls share with me, tx.

littlerabbit

Hi Enge,
Had deal with Ivy recently. Not much of comments but she's ok, a nice lady. Feel free to look for her loh.

Hi Makiyo,
Congratulations. How's the dinner? Any comments to share?

enge

Hi, LittleRabbit!
I just called Ivy abv my WD.I ask whether can i book the grand ball room with estimate 25 tables but she said can not.And, she told me the price for grand ball room is $518+++ (weekday) & canto room is $398+++.I had seen the canto room b4,quite cramp for 25 table (+ 2 reserve table) & the layout is not good.very disappointed.

Do u hv any suggest which match my budget? Pls help.... My budget is $500/table,hopelly can get ball room & free flow beer.I knew by requirement is abit too much but no choice... economic so bad..

littlerabbit

Hi Enge,
Frankly speaking I dun quite like the Canto Room also but instead I only like the Grand Ballroom. Hmmm ... can try to help you to talk to her later since I'm meeting up with her tonight. But how do you introduce yourself? Easier for me to refer you to her.

Is yours on a weekday? When? Is your number of tables min 25? or higher? What's the min she say? When's your date?

To be frank with you,base on my research the last time, for your budget, its abit hard to find one good ballroom that is within $500/table unless you dun mind going for restaurants. So far, O think only Furama got the best price for that beautiful and new ballroom. Also, my understanding is that they dun have any free flow of beer. But only maybe a barrel free or so.

Maybe you like to give me your email add in order for us to discuss further.

enge

Hi, LittleRabbit!
My name is "Esther".
My WD is on Monday/Nov 2004/abt 25 tables.Ivy said min 30 tables.
I don't hv time to do research due to my exam is coming.I knew that my expectation is too high wheareas my budget so low.
sad.gif
I dun dare to spend too much on WD bcos there is lots of misc expenses for the whole wedding.Unless i strike 4D/TOTO....
happy.gif

Fyi, Furama has organize a wedding show on 27 Dec.U can request Ivy send u free invitation card.The package they send to me stated that "free flow of beer"(maybe for Grand ball room only).Maybe u can counter check with Ivy,can save a lot.
How abt Plaza Park Royal at Beach Rd?They package is $520net(weekday),the price for weekend can't remember...Any comment?
When is ur big day?
BTW,feel free to drop me email at: [email protected]

makiyo

Hi LittleRabbit,

Thanks! Dinner was fine but not very smooth cos of last minute changes
uhoh.gif
...I took Canton Room cos Grand Ballroom was fully booked on the dates I want...I only booked my banquet dis year...U r right...Canton Room is very cramp for 23 + 2 reserved tables incl. screen/projector & shape of the room is odd...My guests had problem parking cos the hotel carpark was full at 7.20pm?! In the end, my boss told the security off when he saw him letting another car with complimentary coupon into the carpark...They only gave me the complimentary coupons at nite itself...
angry.gif

Hi Enge,

Maybe u can consider Copthorne Orchid Ballroom for your budget + u can choose between Tung Lok Charming Garden or another chinese restaurant for your menu...
rofl.gif

littlerabbit

Hi Makiyo,

Hee, also suggested to Enge another Tung Lok restaurant in UIC Building a while ago.

What??!! U mean some people can get the complimentary parking coupon so much so earlier??? Yah, my hubby and myself also extremely headache with the hotel's carpark. Complained and highlighted our extreme concern to our coordinators but ... sigh dun think they can do much.
angry.gif
Did you highlighted the matter to Ivy or the management? I just pray no such thing would happen on my wedding day ... or else ...

Hey how come you didn't go honeymoon???

enge

Hi, LittleRabbit!

How's ur preparation for ur WD tomorrow? Busy?

BTW, have a good rest tonight bcos u will be very busy tomorrow....
happy.gif

makiyo

Hi LittleRabbit,

Congratulation! How's your big day? Wru going for your honeymoon? I went to Phuket & Phi Phi Island cos not enuf annual leave...I only found out about the carpark incident after I came back from Phuket...I've emailed Ivy but so far no reply.

Hi Enge,

Copthorne Orchid is located at Bukit Timah Road besides Raffles Town Club but they have shuttle to & fro MRT...alternatively, u can ask Tung Lok for wedding packages with ballroom facility.

makiyo

Hi Enge,

I just recalled more banquet venues:

* RELC Int'l Hotel
* Orient Ocean Rstnt (Hotel Miramar)
* Dragon Gate Rstnt
* Prima Tower Revolving Rstnt
* Allson Hotel
* Noble House (Tung Lok Group)
* Yishun Lake Garden (Orchid Country Club)
* Brilliant Garden (Chevrons @ Jurong East)

enge

Hi, Makiyo!

Thanks for your advice!!
happy.gif
Actually, I prefer to host WD in ball room but must get the best alternative$$$(Money face). Hope can get cheap & good package...he..he..he

Do u any comment abt Crown Prince Hotel? I heard that they having promotion:

* $608 NETT/table & entitle 10% for POSB/DBS credit card for the final bill(after less shld be $547.20).
* Valid until 31.12.03
* Free flow beer.....& etc

I worry Angpow not enough to cover for $547.20/table. What do u think? Or do you have any comment abt CP?

makiyo

Hi Enge,

Wow! Dat's a value for money package...but I tink it's a weekday (Mon-Thu) rate...Hmm, I tink it depends on your relatives & frens...For my case, my frens are okie but my relatives are not (e.g. $30 ang pow)...Dat's why I chose Furama & invited more frens than relatives...But frens look at location of the hotel...Usually, frens will give $60-$80 ang pows for hotels at orchard road so dun worry.

enge

Hi, Makiyo!

Ya, the price is for weekday only. My WD fall on Monday, so is ok for me. Ur Furama package is $518+++(estimate $600nett/table), right? So, end up enough to cover?

For Crown Prince, they will charge cockage for wine($25+++). But the co-ordinator said still can negotiate. I dun know how to choose....
sad.gif

Actually, I did consider host buffet lunch for those close friends / relatives. But it seems like something is missing....
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

annmiko

Hi Enge,

I think Furama is still more suitable and reasonable. If you signed up now, you can negotiate with Ivy on providing the promotional package that they are giving on 27 Dec 03 bridal show at Furama.

For weekday wedding package at Furama for next year's wedding, it cost ard $651 per table. Quite expensive and hopefully, pple don't just look at the external but look at its internal ballroom.

At first, I was still hesitating if I should sign up Furama. But after visiting the Ballroom and Bridal Suite, I like it a lot! So we are gg to sign the contract tomorrow for our wedding in Sep 04.

Ya, you are right. Lunch seems like something missing. Some more your ang bao may be affected cos pple esp relatives still not used to the new concept of lunch as compared to trad. dinner.

You like Crown Prince ballroom, bridal suite? U tried the food?

makiyo

Hi Annie,

Welcome to this thread! U like their ballroom & bridal suite too? Just some advice:

* Ask Ivy for a suite wif jacuzzi facility (i.e. level 13-17)
* Ask ur guest relation officer for late check-out (e.g. 2pm) when u check-in so dat u dun have to rush for 12pm check-out
* Be aware dat their carpark is always full...most of my guests complained dat their carpark is full at 7.20pm if u refer to my previous postings...u'll know wat I mean when u go down during their bridal show...ask for the complimentary coupons & distribute b4 hand.

Hi Enge,

Luckily, our ang pows managed to cover the dinner. If u r afraid dat ur ang pows can't cover, better get a weekday dinner package like wat annie mentioned.

enge

Hi, Annie

Welcome!!

If Furama cost ard $651/table for weekday, then Crown Prince shld be more value for money. Right? We dun talk abt the internal decoration bcos i have not visit Crown Price's ballroom b4. I wanted to visit Crown Prince's ballroom this Saturday bcos there is wedding dinner.

Hi, Makiyo!

My wedding fall on weekday,so is ok. Did u visit Crown Prince b4? I attracted by their package ($547.20/tbl after less)with free flow beer. But I also attracted by Furama's grand ballroom.... There is threat abt Crown Prince, they mentioned CP's arrangement an be veri flexible.

makiyo

Hi Enge,

Your actual day on weekday? Good for u! Both Furama & Crown Prince coordinators quite flexible on freebies but make them indicate on agreement b4 u pay the deposit. My fren's wedding dinner at Crown Prince early next mth...I'll check wif her...Meanwhile, u can join the Crown Prince's thread & ask the brides.

enge

Hi, Makiyo!

Thanks!

If i book tentative date, do I need to pay for the deposit at the same time? My WD on Nov 04, so the co-ordinator is Corrine. Dun know whether she helpful or not....

U r right, I shld join Crown Prince's thread..

makiyo

Hi Enge,

No, u dun need to pay deposit for booking tentative date...Corrine? Sounds familiar...maybe she's my fren's co-ordinator...I'll check for u.

annmiko

Hi Makiyo, thanks for your advice! Very useful! I will take note of them. Ya, I was worried too so when go down and sign on last Thursday, we emphasized to Ivy abt the 20% complimentary parking coupon but all she said is no choice abt that cos hotel is owned by the shopping centre so she said hotel has no control over it leh. My hubby tot of getting her to refund us if the 20% is not fully used up cos of full parking but Ivy can't provide leh. But other things gone on well. Ivy promised that whatever they give during the bridal show in Dec, they will give to us too cos she treated us as signing up during the show customers. We even gave our cheque on 27 Dec 03 as the date. She said a lot of couples put the wrong dates on the cheques. hahaha.........but I was one of them.
hahaha...:p not attentive enough. Will you be attending the show? When's your dinner?

Hi Enge,

So how's the Sat dinner at Crown Prince? You booked with them already? Furama is not bad really. Can go for it.
happy.gif

enge

Hi, Annie!

Firstly, I never try CP's dinner. U meant Makiyo, right? I will visit CP this Saturday & discuss with Corrine. But I dun hope too much bcos Corrine seem like can't do much. Further more, their package is out of my budget unless Corrine willing to provide more perk. Furama is totally out of my budget, so no point spend time on it. Worst come to worst, I will book chinese restaurant at Takashima (Dragon Pearl)....
sad.gif

Hi, Makiyo!

How's ur last week dinner at CP?! Can share ur experience? Thx

makiyo

Hi enge,

Las week dinner? I haven't try CP's dinner b4. My fren's wedding is in early Dec. But her mum-in-law is superstitious, so we can't go to each other dinner. I'll let u know after her food tasting. Dun worry, usually the hotel co-ordinators are more flexible when u meet them in person. But please survey the brides from CP thread & make a list of the perks you want, cos u tend to forget after the 1st few items. Remember once the deal is closed, it's difficult to make them throw in more perks.

Hi annie,

No, I won't be attending Furama bridal show. My wedding dinner was over on 24 Oct. Yes, u can give Ivy a post-dated cheque 1st. Den request to pay by credit card on 27 Dec. Heehee cos u can clock reward points by doing so.
biggrin.gif

annmiko

Hi Makiyo,

Thanks for your advice. Oops....sorry...so overall you have good memories having your wedding at Furama? Which level is your bridal suite? Did you like it?

makiyo

Hi annie,

Overall, Furama's service is fine except for the carpark & audio visual department...my suite's located on level 15...yes I like the bedroom & bathroom...they're spacious except for the living room which is a little small...btw do u know dat our room no. 1508 came out on 25 Oct 4D draw? But it came out as 8051...too bad...

annmiko

Hi Makiyo,

Glad to hear that. But what happened to the audio visual dept? U mean they didn't play the presentation show well?

Wow, if you believe it, you can continue to buy once a month.
happy.gif
Hope you can strike big $$$$$!

makiyo

Hi Annie,

No lar...the camera was not focus on the stage but somewhere at the steps or stairs...so those guests sitting far behind can't see wat's going on the stage...hehe I hope I can strike some $$$ too...
biggrin.gif

canivy

hi Makiyo, so u the wedding favour is the mini chocolate? Is there any other wedding favour. Can give some feedback on the food?

makiyo

Hi Ivy,

Yup the wedding favor is mini chocolate. As per my package, there's no other option. Food is fine according to my relatives & friends.

cloudlessly

Hi there,

Does anyone had their held at Furama Grand Ballroom. Can share your good n bad experience n the package deal as i am considering to held my dinner there.

Cheers.

cloudlessly

Hi gals,

I would like to get more feedback abt the comments on Furama Grand Ballroom dinner banquet.

Wat are some of the freebies that we can request. Does anyone knw Ling Ling the banquet manager?

Cheers

annmiko

Hi Yun,

Mine is next yr Sep. So can't comment yet. But Makiyo can.
happy.gif

For freebies, you can come to Furama bridal show on 27 Dec 03. Sign up and you won't regret cos got free flow of beer. Think $800 for us to spend on banquet or rooms etc....You can call up Furama directly to sign up for the function cos quite close liao.

Ling Ling not sure cos Ivy is my wedding co-ord. At first, I oso called her but later transferred to Ivy.
happy.gif

littlerabbit

Hi Makiyo,

I'm back from our Europe trip. Went back to work 2 days after we are back. Very busy and tired.

Well, wedding goes very well except some minor things (as follows) to highlight for those who are going to hold their wedding in Furama:
1. due to the restriction on the car park area, no point asking from them for more;
2. services by the waiter/waitress is not good; and
3. muslim food is cold.
Besides the above points, of course there's also various plus points (basically gathered from my friends):
1. ambience very good;
2. decoration very beautiful;
3. food is exceptionally tasty and nice except that our 1st dish - lobster is not fresh;
4. ballroom very grand;
5. suite very big and nice.
etc.

Hope this helps but overall its a very good place to hold wedding dinner there. One last point to add on: everything must be in black and white on contract.

makiyo

Hi Little Rabbit,

Welcome back! How was your Europe trip? I think it's quite cold there. Is it autumn or winter now? So nice think we can only go there next year. Btw it's not the first time Furama brides complain that Muslim food is serve cold.

laughing

Hi, anyone has information on the ongoing promotional package valid till 27 Dec 03? I called up and the lady wasn't too keen to review and said she will only provide me the info if i go down for site-inspection. I amm looking at weekend packge. What's the price range and any freebies?

annmiko

Hi La La,

Welcome to this thread! I have the information but not on hand. Got to tell you again on Friday nite. That's strange. Usually, Ivy very friendly wan but no harm taking an on-site inspection cos Furama is the hotel where the outerior won't attract you but the interior fascinates you. hahaha........so just pick a date where you and your hubby are free. Can go down on 27 Dec 03. Think only $15 per couple then they will give $25 food voucher. Very worth it. If you scroll above, you will know that weekday for next yr is already $651nett. Weekend will be ard $700+ i think. Freebies include free flow of beer, $350+ worth of video mortage and $800 cash voucher. You can use the $800 to pay for your wedding dinner or to pay for hotel rooms or give your helpers a treat at their cafe. Cafe's food not bad wan.
happy.gif

Hope the above helps. God bless you!
happy.gif