Furama City Centre

debunu

have you all requested for your wedding cards and inserts to be printed yet?I have checked the website,they still have four themes for the banquet setting

mingyi

bbtea, i tink i will not wait for him to arrange for me... i had a rough schedule on what needs to be done so i will arrange with him base on the timeline i set
happy.gif

Dawn, i'm still thinking if i should have an instant photo booth.. cos i ever pop by FCC when there's a wedding gg on and it seems like e foyer is quite small if u have alot of guests.. so duno if its feasible.. will discuss with my PG 1st..

debunu

yup the foyer is quite small,how many tables do you have in all for the banquet?instant photo booth is the in thing now

debunu

oooh mine probably will increase to 35 tables,my bf and I met up with fabian last saturday afternoon,all is well,though I still miss Stephanie Ong

mingyi

Hey Dawn, I've talked to my PG and decided not to have instant photo service. Cos he was saying no one actually keep those photos anyway hehe...

Btw, anyone knows how long does the printer takes to print the invitation cards and are there many varieties to choose from?

minxue

I did.

Asked for free flow wine.. Helper night stay change to after the 2 night at bridal suite..beer to start at foyer. Muslim to be counted as per pax prices. More invites n cp coupons (norms)

mingyi

Hi joey, u mean you got a total of 3 nights stay for bridal suite?

btw what do u mean by Muslim to be counted as per pax prices?

shirley85

I've signed up too. I'm 2013 btb ;) overall I'm pretty satisfied with the package n the ballroom setup. But we noticed the ceiling that is right in the middle of the march in area has damaged. We pinpoint it but the sales executive said during that night the main attraction is on the couple n ppl will not look at such details. Although, she said she will feedback but she didn't even find out with us where is the damage area. : /

minxue

I got 2 night stay of the bridal suite and after tat i will chk out from it n chk into a normal deluxe room....

As for the muslim table if i only have 7 muslim sitted in the table, they will count 7x$105. Instead of the whole table price of 1057$...

What perks u guys ask additionally?
Im also a 13btb... Halim is quite nice...

minxue

Shirley,

I didnt notice even though i stood at the stage for quite some time looking around the whole ballroom. But i didnt notice on the ceiling. So i think its ok.. But if there's chandeliers den it will b obvious as ppl will place attention on it
happy.gif

debunu

hi people,do you know that fabian tan's last day is today?sighzzzz so many changes when the wedding date is drawing near on 30/06/2012,now only left with halim-one sales guy,I wonder how is he going to cope with so many wedding couples?

mingyi

Huh??!! OMG!!
No wonder he went MIA.
I meet him at the wedding showcase on 21st Apr and he say he will send me photos of the themes on the following Mon which is 23rd Apr.

I waited for some time and decided to email him instead. Sent an email to Fabian (Halim was in the loop) on 29th Apr and there was no response. So i email to Halim again on 3rd May and Halim replied with the info but he did not mention anything about Fabian leaving
sad.gif

debunu

So worried now about actual day wedding coz I scared halim is unable to cope,now I m waiting for invitation cards and inserts to be ready den all those emails queries I háve Sent to Fabian tan I have now gotta resend to halim zzzzz this is very critical With huge staff turnover rate

debunu

ooh you just went down to settle ur invitation cards izzit?ooh haven't meet up with halim probably arranging a meetup in june,think better meet up with halim for my case man

shirley85

Hi Dawn,

I saw your post then i got to know that Fabian left the company without informing and proper handover. I've been trying to get hold of him the last 2 weeks as he suppose to revise my contract but i did not hear anything by then. i sent him mail to a generic email account but none of the staff bother to reply. On the contract itself, there are already so many errors on the contract and poor communication. I have no faith if they can handle the rest of it since Halim is the only sales rep left. Since i have not sign the contract, can i ask for refund?

debunu

yup,he did not send any farewell message too,just happened that a friday I went down to look for him then he told me on the spot that it was his last day,how much deposit did you pay?I think you email directly to "abdulhalim" <[email protected]> and explain your situation,see how can he help you,the contract better get all ur perks written down clearly before you and ur hubby proceed to sign ya,I am trying to keep myself very calm as my wedding is upcoming already,I cannot afford to go kuku at this point in time

mingyi

hey Dawn, hows ur preparation so far? ard 1 mth to go for u... excited??

i just went tdragon to choose my cards on wed and they sent me the artwork ydae but have yet to cfm and give them e go ahead to print inserts

bbtea, thx for e reassurance! i hope things will be smooth
btw ur AD is end June??

i'm planning for my food tasting in mid Jul..
my FFIL already choosed the dishes but i have not seen what he choose... hope he choose e prawns u choose hehe

btw ladies, how many cards did u request from FCC?

debunu

think bbtea's wedding first on 24/06/2012 then my turn,excited still writing out cards so tiring,wah mandy you are fast but that is gd,I cramped everything to the last min,so now very stressed up n tired but spoke to halim once this week,he is nice
happy.gif
mandy,you are really efficient,keep up with the good work,my GDL on 2nd June 2012,I still haven't bought the GDL stuff omg freaking out big time. cards 80% of your total number of tables but tell the coordinator to round up to a whole number like for example: 80% of 280 is 224,round up to 230 easier to calculate.

debunu

my invites not done with sending omg ooh my gdl stuff bought from my house area,katong shopping centre golden happiness,tonight gotta do all the last min packing to get ready for tomorrow

mingyi

Dawn, thx! I'm more of the gan cheong spider type haha... those can settle easily so i faster do first...
should be able to collect my cards next wk..

bbtea, my AD on 28th Sep.
i tink i will arrange with Halim on the food tasting soon.

Dawn &amp; bbtea, so hows ur GDL? counting down to ur big day soon!
hope everything goes smoothly!! ^^

debunu

ooh it is better to settle as many stuff as early as possible,mine was too last min,took too long to think abt stuff den now everything cramp together,super exhausted man,oooh I now wanna download youtube file to my pc den dun know why don't seem to be able to do it,so frustrating,guo da li was fun,ooh my yup our big day is coming,scary how time flies

mingyi

btw which theme did u choose?
do let us know ur feedback and anything we need to take note of after ur big day ya?
happy.gif

mingyi

hey bbtea, congrats on becoming a MRS!! hehe
its so gd to see your positive feedback...
Halim's response was quite slow recently..
i had to email him at least twice before i get a response from him
sad.gif

will be having my food tasting in ard 2 wks time..
hope everything will be smooth!

btw, did u give AP to Halim, Steve &amp; Kenny?
you gave all e same amt?
is there a market rate for e AP for them??

purplez

Hi all BTBs of FCC!

Just wanted to share with u that I had my big day at FCC last sat 7th July. And it went very smoothly (at least no screw ups were made known to us) :D

We received feedback from some of our guests that the food was nice (phew!). Most importantly, I think we as the bride &amp; groom didn't have to worry about anything except to enjoy the night. And we did enjoy the wedding dinner - credit goes to Steve Teo (from the banquet ops). We were really impressed by his professionalism as he came back on his off day just to meet my husband for final planning couple of days before the actual day. He is really super experienced and took care of every detail for us - from briefing us on what to take note of during the solemnization to the march-in, cake-cutting, champagne pouring... He was so good that I joked with my brothers n sisters whom we assigned duties for the night that they are out of job. Steve said he wanted us and our friends to just enjoy the dinner. We really did
happy.gif
so really wanna thank Steve! 

Great service by Alex and the rest of the banquet team. Thanks for making it such an awesome night for us! For the rest of the BTBs - all the best for ur wedding day and be rest assured that u are in good hands with Steve around
happy.gif

P/s: sorry for such a long post as I am still in my happy wedding mood now that the big day is finally over
happy.gif

Cheers!

purplez

Oh forgot to mention - Halim also played a big part pre-actual day. And he even turned up on actual day dinner to ensure that everything was fine. So don't worry - with all the great staff at FCC... Things will turn out great for u too
happy.gif

debunu

Purplez,so you r the bride on 07/07/2012,I was wondering who is the wedding couple hoho I m the bride a week before you 30/06/2012,I miss my wedding day though there were many hiccups caused by ourselves on our big day coz we didn't have enough rest ourselves,though still feeling very regretful but nevertheless we still miss all the events for our big day n thumbs up to Furama city centre hotel for doing a really gd job
happy.gif

purplez

Hi Dawn, congrats to u!
happy.gif
heh. We also had some minor hiccups along the way (like I took super long to change for 2nd march in). And yes, super tired cos slept for only 3hrs the nite prior. Regardless, I am sure the hiccups forms part of the memorable day and u'll look back and laugh at the good n silly stuffs years later with ur husband
happy.gif

debunu

my hiccups were pretty major,haizzzz so emo still to date actually I keep thinking abt it
sad.gif
LIKe MY photos montage we rotated properly but display on the screen all not the correct position

mingyi

congrats to both Purplez &amp; Dawn!

Purplez, it feels great to know ur wedding went so smoothly!

Dawn, look at the bright side!
think about how happily married u r now hehe..
just enjoy ur newly wed life!
happy.gif

Elizabeth, how much is the total spending will depend on how many tables u got and what are/not included in the package u sign?
eh its their in house banquet team i believe? haha... its at their ballroom not at the restaurant

i'm going to have my food tasting this week as well as to select the themes n favors..
hope everything will be a breeze haha

mingyi

Hi All, food tasting went well for me.
Met up with Steve and he seems quite nice. Hope we will be assigned to him on our AD!

Also, we choosed Oriental for the theme
happy.gif

shirley85

Does anyone know that Halim has left too? I hope there is no hiccups during my wedding day :\
@Karen thee is a showcase this Saturday and you can try asking for more perks.

mingyi

oh Halim has left?
he came to say hi to my hubby during the briefing on our AD on 28th Sep.
no wonder he was like not so responsive or even care much near my AD.
still tot maybe cos he didn't earn our commission so don't wana put in so much effort.

anyway do not fret cos Steve is there to help!
we were assigned to Steve during food tasting &amp; on our AD.
everything went on very very smoothly..
like what others mentioned Steve was very pro &amp; we don't have to worry about anything.
i have nothing to complain about for the whole event.
food portion was quite huge but some guests commented it's a little salty.

only hiccup was with the reservations dept &amp; front desk.
i made 2 rooms reservations with special requests but when i was checking in the front desk said i did NOT made any special requests and i was so pissed off.
imagine a bride in her kua fuming at the hotel lobby with her barangs haha..

Thank you Steve &amp; everyone from FCC!
happy.gif