Four Seasons Hotel

hey guys!
Hihi,
My husband and I just had our wedding held at Four Seasons some 2 weeks ago, and we would like to give some feedback and hopefully help couples who are considering Four Seasons as your venue.

Coordination/ service:
Kaylynn who was our initial coordinator left 6 months after we signed, the handover to our new coordinator was very smooth and without any gitch, our new coordinator, Jocelyn was a joy to work with. Although she was not very prompt in sending us after-meeting minutes, her replies to all our queries were very prompt and she made a point to call us every single time. Because we had multiple external vendors, such as the string quartet, our own florist, tiffany chairs and our wedding cake vendor, it can be a little overwhelming. But Jocelyn was there on the very Saturday to make sure everything was in place. Because FS had another wedding lunch that ended late that day, the turn over from the round tables to the long ones was a crazy one but everything turned out perfectly in the end. FS did missed out all the wedding flavors (heart shaped chocolates) and coffee and tea were not served to half my guests (about 130 guests), which was very disappointing (more so on our guests leaving without coffee/tea). But the after service was very fast and before we checked out on Monday, the sales mgr came down to apologize and promised they would get back to us, which they did during our honeymoon.

We gave FS a benefit of doubt since we guessed FS mostly does chinese weddings instead of western, so they were unsure about certain things, eg, placecards to be placed on EVERY seat and menus on EVERY plate. Which in the end, FS agreed to have all placecards be printed and placed according to our arrangement, and for menus, we gave in into printing them on our own.

The service from the staff from my friends were all-in-all good and prompt. Nothing to complain about.

Because we had a church wedding before the wedding dinner, we had a tea ceremony in our suite instead, and FS was nice enough to provide the traditional longan tea delivered to room, served hot. That was a very nice of them. Our photographer's and videographer's meals were also taken care of seamlessly (of course we had to pay for them) and FS were nice to provide the business centre to them to rest and edit our videos.

Emcee scripts are also provided from FS, so we just altered a little. Fuss-free.

FS also also allowed us to bring in our own duty paid whiskey and gin which was really a plus point, a lot of the hotels wouldn't.

Flexibility:
I hear FS is not as flexible as the other hotels, I think mainly due to it's popularity, which I eventually found out to be true. Instead of asking more than what was in the package, we traded in a few items; the invites to be printed by us instead - giving us 20% more carpark coupons, the menus to be printed by us - waiving off the cake'age fee of $3/person and such. I think they are flexible in that aspect. I'm not sure about Chinese menu food tasting, but we had to pay for the drinks consumed during our western food tasting $12/ glass of juice.. zzz

Food/ food tasting:
We chose a western menu and during the food tasting, there were minor problems, beef over salty, sorbet too sour and dessert too blah. So we had a couple of items changed and on the actual night, the food reviews from friends were fantastic. So the kitchen actually takes your comments seriously. If you do take the western menu, the mains are really good, we had the wagyu beef and alantic cod fish were fantastic.

We chose the lychee ice martini as our cocktail and it was a sell out! No regrets. Initially we wanted the suckling pig but changed it 2 weeks prior to our wedding as we reckon dinner itself (with our wedding cake) would be overly filling so we went for the martini instead and surprisingly, our older guests loved it just as much. And for those who like us, decide to serve alcohol only when ballroom is open, the martini would be a great alternative.

Ambiance:
Apart from our great experience as guests, we were lured by the pretty elongated french windows at FS. The size of the ballroom, not too big nor small, perfect if you want 200 plus guests.
The only complain, which I did feedback to our coordinator, was that the stage looked a bit dated, time to do something about it. ;p

Overall, our dinner was a great success thanks to all the hotel staff that played a part, apart from the unserved coffee/tea and wedding favors. From checking in to room service, it was indeed 5-star. Every single requested was fullfilled, and thus far, no negative complains from our guests. So if you are considering Four Seasons, really, go for it.1238742_671942909519109_566094066_n.jpgc667cdee9f9f11e3b1c01217e3ae60a3_8.jpg035b36a49c2711e3b06212b56c4ce837_8.jpg

Panda Dai

hey guys!
Hihi,
My husband and I just had our wedding held at Four Seasons some 2 weeks ago, and we would like to give some feedback and hopefully help couples who are considering Four Seasons as your venue.

Coordination/ service:
Kaylynn who was our initial coordinator left 6 months after we signed, the handover to our new coordinator was very smooth and without any gitch, our new coordinator, Jocelyn was a joy to work with. Although she was not very prompt in sending us after-meeting minutes, her replies to all our queries were very prompt and she made a point to call us every single time. Because we had multiple external vendors, such as the string quartet, our own florist, tiffany chairs and our wedding cake vendor, it can be a little overwhelming. But Jocelyn was there on the very Saturday to make sure everything was in place. Because FS had another wedding lunch that ended late that day, the turn over from the round tables to the long ones was a crazy one but everything turned out perfectly in the end. FS did missed out all the wedding flavors (heart shaped chocolates) and coffee and tea were not served to half my guests (about 130 guests), which was very disappointing (more so on our guests leaving without coffee/tea). But the after service was very fast and before we checked out on Monday, the sales mgr came down to apologize and promised they would get back to us, which they did during our honeymoon.

We gave FS a benefit of doubt since we guessed FS mostly does chinese weddings instead of western, so they were unsure about certain things, eg, placecards to be placed on EVERY seat and menus on EVERY plate. Which in the end, FS agreed to have all placecards be printed and placed according to our arrangement, and for menus, we gave in into printing them on our own.

The service from the staff from my friends were all-in-all good and prompt. Nothing to complain about.

Because we had a church wedding before the wedding dinner, we had a tea ceremony in our suite instead, and FS was nice enough to provide the traditional longan tea delivered to room, served hot. That was a very nice of them. Our photographer's and videographer's meals were also taken care of seamlessly (of course we had to pay for them) and FS were nice to provide the business centre to them to rest and edit our videos.

Emcee scripts are also provided from FS, so we just altered a little. Fuss-free.

FS also also allowed us to bring in our own duty paid whiskey and gin which was really a plus point, a lot of the hotels wouldn't.

Flexibility:
I hear FS is not as flexible as the other hotels, I think mainly due to it's popularity, which I eventually found out to be true. Instead of asking more than what was in the package, we traded in a few items; the invites to be printed by us instead - giving us 20% more carpark coupons, the menus to be printed by us - waiving off the cake'age fee of $3/person and such. I think they are flexible in that aspect. I'm not sure about Chinese menu food tasting, but we had to pay for the drinks consumed during our western food tasting $12/ glass of juice.. zzz

Food/ food tasting:
We chose a western menu and during the food tasting, there were minor problems, beef over salty, sorbet too sour and dessert too blah. So we had a couple of items changed and on the actual night, the food reviews from friends were fantastic. So the kitchen actually takes your comments seriously. If you do take the western menu, the mains are really good, we had the wagyu beef and alantic cod fish were fantastic.

We chose the lychee ice martini as our cocktail and it was a sell out! No regrets. Initially we wanted the suckling pig but changed it 2 weeks prior to our wedding as we reckon dinner itself (with our wedding cake) would be overly filling so we went for the martini instead and surprisingly, our older guests loved it just as much. And for those who like us, decide to serve alcohol only when ballroom is open, the martini would be a great alternative.

Ambiance:
Apart from our great experience as guests, we were lured by the pretty elongated french windows at FS. The size of the ballroom, not too big nor small, perfect if you want 200 plus guests.
The only complain, which I did feedback to our coordinator, was that the stage looked a bit dated, time to do something about it. ;p

Overall, our dinner was a great success thanks to all the hotel staff that played a part, apart from the unserved coffee/tea and wedding favors. From checking in to room service, it was indeed 5-star. Every single requested was fullfilled, and thus far, no negative complains from our guests. So if you are considering Four Seasons, really, go for it.View attachment 14191View attachment 14192View attachment 14193
Hi hi. My wedding wil b held on FS soon. and My coordinator Everytime emphasis on RISP for video music and songs. It costed me abt $200+. Did you encounter such issues?
Also abt the payment, did u by progressive payment or Juz deposit? I personally think FS is not flexible leh.

sherlin

Great to hear your experience pearlyn. Can I check, do FS provide 2 projectors to the left and right of the ballroom?

Hi hi. My wedding wil b held on FS soon. and My coordinator Everytime emphasis on RISP for video music and songs. It costed me abt $200+. Did you encounter such issues?
Also abt the payment, did u by progressive payment or Juz deposit? I personally think FS is not flexible leh.

Hihi,
Yes, my coordinator mentioned that all songs for video and played must be licensed, however because we had a string quartet that night, the licensing was not applicable to us. And for videos, if you hired a professional company to do it, they will probably know and take care of that.

They are pretty strict with the progressive payment from what I hear, and we didn't mind that as well, so we didn't try to negotiate or refuse (you could try and let us know!). The downside is that all of our money were stucked at the banquet and because of that, we were pretty cashless by the last week to our wedding which kinda sucks.

Haha, I do agree that they are inflexible, however they do get more flexible as it gets nearer to your wedding. There were many ad hoc requests one week before the wedding and they managed to fulfill every single one of them.

Great to hear your experience pearlyn. Can I check, do FS provide 2 projectors to the left and right of the ballroom?

There are actually 4 projectors, 2 at the front and 2 larger ones by the sides. If my memory serves me correctly, you will be able to choose either the ones at the front or by the sides.
The projectors by the sides are larger, and because we had long tables, we chose the ones by the sides.

trufflesfries

Hi,

I read FS has a smaller ballroom -cresent ballroom. Does anyone knows how many guests can that sit? I read on its website 150. But I have 170 guests, so im not sure whether FS can accomodate my guests.

Am relieved to read mostly gd reviews here. Phew.

shavaine

Hi,

I read FS has a smaller ballroom -cresent ballroom. Does anyone knows how many guests can that sit? I read on its website 150. But I have 170 guests, so im not sure whether FS can accomodate my guests.

Am relieved to read mostly gd reviews here. Phew.

Hi Trufflesfries, I think its best if you check with them. They are pretty responsive with emails or phone calls.

trufflesfries

Hi Trufflesfries, I think its best if you check with them. They are pretty responsive with emails or phone calls.

Thanks shavaine.

Im meeting my coordinator soon. Pretty excited! I read your thread on your wedding, sounds like u were happy with FS :)

Would like to ask, what are the perks I can squeeze in? So far I read from this thread, only carparks coupons? Urgh.

Ya lor! Pearlyn, did u managed to negotiate for more things? U mentioned in your earlier post, they waived corkage for u?

No I didn't, but also I didn't try to ask for any perks cos I honestly didn't need anymore than just more carpark coupons. The rest of the trade-ins were because some of the items I didn't need such as invitation cards from them so I asked for trade-ins instead. The have no corkage fee if you bring in HARD LIQUOR (duty-paid), I brought in 5 bottles of whisky. Wine and other alcohol was from the hotel. The wine from the hotel is good!

shavaine

Thanks shavaine.

Im meeting my coordinator soon. Pretty excited! I read your thread on your wedding, sounds like u were happy with FS :)

Would like to ask, what are the perks I can squeeze in? So far I read from this thread, only carparks coupons? Urgh.

I was very satisfied with FS, but also, I didn't have a lot of fancy add-ons, like those photo booths etc. The only things I had were a live-feed photography and bringing our own songlist for the whole dinner. All that worked out well. My main issue was with the food and so I was very picky during the tasting. They are also quite accommodating that you can ask for variations of the dish if you don't like the one they provide. On the day itself, everyone said that the food was great, so we are happy with that.

I did manage to ask for more coupons without any trade-ins. I think it was 30% carpark coupons.

trufflesfries

No I didn't, but also I didn't try to ask for any perks cos I honestly didn't need anymore than just more carpark coupons. The rest of the trade-ins were because some of the items I didn't need such as invitation cards from them so I asked for trade-ins instead. The have no corkage fee if you bring in HARD LIQUOR (duty-paid), I brought in 5 bottles of whisky. Wine and other alcohol was from the hotel. The wine from the hotel is good!
I was very satisfied with FS, but also, I didn't have a lot of fancy add-ons, like those photo booths etc. The only things I had were a live-feed photography and bringing our own songlist for the whole dinner. All that worked out well. My main issue was with the food and so I was very picky during the tasting. They are also quite accommodating that you can ask for variations of the dish if you don't like the one they provide. On the day itself, everyone said that the food was great, so we are happy with that.

I did manage to ask for more coupons without any trade-ins. I think it was 30% carpark coupons.

Thanks ladies. U two are so helpful. I'm about to view e ballrooms soon. I hope I can have the 'ok, this is it' feeling. Haha!

Hopefully the solmerization venues are not bad too. Most likely holding it at e same place as banquet.

shavaine

Thanks ladies. U two are so helpful. I'm about to view e ballrooms soon. I hope I can have the 'ok, this is it' feeling. Haha!

Hopefully the solmerization venues are not bad too. Most likely holding it at e same place as banquet.

Good luck!
When we stepped into the ballroom, we looked at each other and had the "This is it" smile. :)

bunni_smiles

Western sit down - yes.
Isn't the western buffet the same price as sit-down menu, I so remembered? BoHua no?
People will always perceive buffet as cheaper.
Yes, but i the selection of food for buffet was more and i was afraid that the portion western sit-down would not be filling?
Anyway the decor for your wedding was really nice! Did FS provided the candles and candle holders or was it provided by the external vendors?

trufflesfries

[quote="shavaine, post: 113909, member: 101949"Good luck!
When we stepped into the ballroom, we looked at each other and had the "This is it" smile. :)[/quote]

Thanks dear! I just visited e ballrooms. I like it more than e other hotels, is classy n elegant.
My bf wasnt sold though. (Ahhhh men!)o_O

Some personal thoughts:
- reception area of both ballrooms r small. not much space for guests to stand ard and mingle.
- pekking duck; martini bar or strawberry on ice are nice touches for reception.
- ballrooms are pretty. Can anyone advise whether e lighting for e FS ballroom is too orangey?
- room for solemnisation is romantic after doing up, nice scenary too. But overpriced at 3k.
- coordinators seemed to be experienced. Couples can enjoy their big day w/o worrying abt 101 things.
- they are not able to give us many perks. Same as e brides above :(

Qins

Trufflesfries,

Were you at FS earlier this evening around 6pm? saw a couple discussing package in the dining area, was that you? lolz

Yes, but i the selection of food for buffet was more and i was afraid that the portion western sit-down would not be filling?
Anyway the decor for your wedding was really nice! Did FS provided the candles and candle holders or was it provided by the external vendors?

Hihi,
Oh, the portion was very filling! Trust me, it's more than enough, we initially chose peking duck as the cocktail but after the food tasting we changed our minds because a 5 course is really filling, we changed it to ice martini instead.

Oh thank you! but there should be more flowers, ha! the decor was mostly done by my external vendor, but FS provided some the basic flowers in the round vases (in the picture) and candles only for the VIP tables.

bunni_smiles

Hihi,
Oh, the portion was very filling! Trust me, it's more than enough, we initially chose peking duck as the cocktail but after the food tasting we changed our minds because a 5 course is really filling, we changed it to ice martini instead.

Oh thank you! but there should be more flowers, ha! the decor was mostly done by my external vendor, but FS provided some the basic flowers in the round vases (in the picture) and candles only for the VIP tables.

Thank you! Did you nego with FS to let guest to choose either beef or cod as their mains. I remembered the coordinator telling me they only allowed one choice of main :(

Thank you! Did you nego with FS to let guest to choose either beef or cod as their mains. I remembered the coordinator telling me they only allowed one choice of main :(

Yup i did have two mains, the wagyu and the cod. They didn't let u choose 2 mains? thats funny, in fact I didn't need to negotiate with them. Oh, did you take the lunch or the dinner?
If it's lunch, there's usually more restrictions.. :(

bunni_smiles

Yup i did have two mains, the wagyu and the cod. They didn't let u choose 2 mains? thats funny, in fact I didn't need to negotiate with them. Oh, did you take the lunch or the dinner?
If it's lunch, there's usually more restrictions.. :(

I took dinner (smaller ballroom), and I have lunch as well for another group of people. Did your menu show an "or" for the two courses? cause ours shows dinner set 1 (beef) and dinner set 2 (fish), with no "or"? (hope you get what I mean)

I'll have to meet my coordinator again and hope he lets my guests have a choice between the 2 mains. I dont want to end up with the Chinese menu :(

I took dinner (smaller ballroom), and I have lunch as well for another group of people. Did your menu show an "or" for the two courses? cause ours shows dinner set 1 (beef) and dinner set 2 (fish), with no "or"? (hope you get what I mean)

I'll have to meet my coordinator again and hope he lets my guests have a choice between the 2 mains. I dont want to end up with the Chinese menu :(

Nope, it didn't have any "and" or "or", as far as I know, western usually comes with 2 mains unless the couple decides otherwise. Have you tried asking? It's ridiculous to have just one main...

bunni_smiles

Nope, it didn't have any "and" or "or", as far as I know, western usually comes with 2 mains unless the couple decides otherwise. Have you tried asking? It's ridiculous to have just one main...

I just spoke to the coordinator today, there was no problem with having 2 mains. I think I might have misunderstood him previously. Got all worried for nothing! Sorry for all the confusion!
I'll be having the western menu! It seems like they might be having a new western menu for year end weddings!

sherlin

I'm having lunch so reception will start from 12pm.

Wondering, before I check with my coordinator, since I'll be having my solemnization at the reception area from 11am, do you think FS will start to serve refreshments from 11am instead (at no extra charges)? Hehe.

trufflesfries

I'm having lunch so reception will start from 12pm.

Wondering, before I check with my coordinator, since I'll be having my solemnization at the reception area from 11am, do you think FS will start to serve refreshments from 11am instead (at no extra charges)? Hehe.

Hello Sherlin,

Thats a good idea. Haha. Have you considered having the soleminsation on one of their meeting rooms? Its gorgeouus from e photos i've seen. (But must top up) :rolleyes:

When's your AD? Do you mind sharing with mi your package? Im also interested in FS lunch. :)

sherlin

Hi Trufflesfries, please see attached.

No, I will be having the solemnisation at the private foyer outside my ballroom instead. Don't wish to spend extra on another room.

Attachments

• Wedding Lunch Package 2014_LL.pdf
    939.7 KB · Views: 82

dreamystar86

Hi all Btbs,

I met the coordinator last week and I was told that we will have to budget an extra of $100-$120 if we want to book the ballroom for 4Q2015. I have checked with the other hotels but this is the only hotel that told us that we will have to top up the difference once their package is out. Can I know if this is the norm and usually how much more to factor in? Thanks!

Using SingaporeBrides app

Sher1234

Hi all brides to be, I just went down to Fourseasons hotel to view the Crescent ballroom, it's very beautiful. However the price list is very expensive for lunch and dinner too.. Anyone knows when is their upcoming wedding show? Thanks a lot in advance.:)

sherlin

Hi all brides to be, I just went down to Fourseasons hotel to view the Crescent ballroom, it's very beautiful. However the price list is very expensive for lunch and dinner too.. Anyone knows when is their upcoming wedding show? Thanks a lot in advance.:)

They don't have wedding show for a few years already.

Sher1234

Sigh..... Then I think that's the reason why most of the dates that I want all available.. Till now nobody booked. Thanks very much for the info, Sherlin. :)

Qins

Sigh..... Then I think that's the reason why most of the dates that I want all available.. Till now nobody booked. Thanks very much for the info, Sherlin. :)

You could see it in another way that they do not need to market their wedding packages via such wedding show, whereby end
of the day after signing the package, you keep thinking if you got the better deal than the before/after couple.

Seriously, I do not find their price list expensive, on the contrary, I find their prices very competitive, its just that their perks
are limited and pretty standard across all couples, which I think is good, at least you stand balance across.

If you have been diligently reading the threads, you will find that some other hotels which is a class way below FS are almost
having the same package price as FS, and worst you land up having 3-4 coordinator from the time u sign till you wed.

I am proud to say that I am a FS upcoming BTB and my personal thought is if you want experience and responsible coordinator,
wonderful food and nice environment, you got the right place. If it is all down to price and perks, then you are in the wrong place.

Sher1234

Hi Qins,
You do have a point there and it's once in a life time event too! I will give it some thoughts. I really appreciate your comments and thanks for sharing. :D

tequila07

Hi all!

I just signed the contract with Four Seasons to hold my wedding luncheon next year September and I am really excited about it!

Though the price may seem a little steep and limited extra perks, I would like to say that the service is impeccable! I rather that they are firm with what they can offer, than to give empty promises. Email replies are prompt and my co-ordinator is willing to answer any questions you may wish to know.

My fiance and I have tried the food in Jiang Nan Chun and I would give it two thumbs' up. Hopefully the wedding banquet prepared by the Chefs of Jiang Nan Chun will be as good as the restaurant's.

Cheers!

Qins

Ahhhh, yes so is mine at Four Seasons Ballroom.

To Sher1234, trust me, if you can meet the min table requirement, go for the four seasons ballroom, its beautiful.
And of course, if your budget allows, I dun want to swing your decision and land you in trouble, lolz

And tequila07 is right, coordinators are very prompt in email replies, and they will constantly follow up with you
on the details, now thats what you are paying for , SERVICE.

Done the food tasting, together with another couple family next table that is going to wed soon, food is fantastic,
so even if it's going to be mass cook on the wedding day, I don't think it will differ too much.

No worries, if you need more info, you can type here or pm me.

Sher1234

To Qins,
I can't meet the requirement tables for 25, hence will be taking the smaller ballroom. But it's beautiful too.:)

Sher1234

Its 26/9. Yes. I hope to do a luncheon. The crescent ballroom still available on this date but not the grand ballroom! So now I know the bride is you lor. Heehee... Yah, if I decided to have it, we can congrats each other! Do they give you beer for lunch as you have the bigger ballroom?