Feline Bridal Shop

lemonzil

Hi, I'm a Feline Bride too. I signed up their TW package during a roadshow last Aug at Expo. I would like to update on my personal experince to date.

Immediately the day after we had signed our packaged (we were rushing off), the boss herself dropped me an sms to follow up. I informed her that we still have some queries and she told us to make an appointment to clear up our doubts.

However, as we had no intention to take our pre-shoots anytime soon, we just told her we will call again when time is nearer.

From then till December 12, I have personally received an sms from the boss and also a phone call to ask if I'm keen to join their upcoming TW entourage for our shoots. Again, I rejected as we are only planning to hold our AD in Sep 14 and will only want to do so in early 2014.

However, due to unforseen circumstances (passing of FH's paternal grandparent), we are left with no choice but to bring forward our wedding to April 2013.

We did not manage to make and appointment with the boss and head down to the studio instead as time is running out. Despite the bad reviews as above and other sites, to our surprise, the staff were all very patient and understanding when we relate our situation to them.

They manage to slot us in for gown selection and phototaking in Feb as they are really packed for Jan. We told them we are willing to forsake the TW package but will like to have others in exhcange for it but they were unable to decide as the boss was not it. I personally feel that this is reasonable.

As of now, I've tried contacting the boss a few times but luck was not on my side. She only picked up the phone when my FH called. She had promised that the photos will be ready by our AD in April which we really appreciate it lots. As for the package, we will be further discussing it when we are going down for our gown selection in Feb.

I'll continue with the updates after my gown selection/photoshoot... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the better.

marchbride14

Hi!

I'm a Feine 2014 BTB!I just signed up my package with them at last week's BOWS and I wanted to share my experience so far. It was the 1st bridal studio we visited at the fair and we were happy with the things they've offer! My HTB who said we were there just to look and should not buy anything impulsively was the one who nodded his head and encouraged me to purchase it!

We were served by Rachel and had no idea on who she was! As usual, she was just introduced as the in-house Designer. I'm guilty of not doing enough homework and missing Feline out!But I'm really happy with my package as Rachel really threw in alot of things for me! Comparing my pre-wedding PS in Taiwan(includes AD gowns and makeup, only no AD photography) and my girlfriend's local PS, I think mine is more worth it!

We didnt know that BOWS was tied up with Citibank and they allowed interest-free installments for the packages! So when we asked Rachel if we could apply the card and come back to purchase it. Instead, she enouraged us to use another card first to secure the rate, then she'd do a refund once we've gotten the card. about 3 days after the fair, we went to the shop and she readily wrote a check to my HTB and did not complain when HTB's card was not activated and took quite awhile to settle the transaction! Not even a black face or attitude!

All in all, my experience with Feline and Rachel has been great so far! I'm also looking forward to choosing my gowns in May/June and my pre-wedding PS in Taiwan this June! I'll update you guys again after the later stages!!
happy.gif

lemonzil

Congrats JC! I'm really happy for you!

I was down at the BS last weekend and didnt get to meet Rachel. So Rachel was at BOWS actually.

In fact, I think Feline tie up with Citibank cos I too paid using my Citibank CC in full via monthly interest free installment plan.
happy.gif

lemonzil

Hi, I back to share some updates and my experience with Feline so far. I just had my 1st fitting yesterday and my PS has been scheduled to be next week.
happy.gif

Since my last post, we didn't really hear from them for quite a while until last month. Both my FH and I received seperate calls from Feline which really made us doubtful. They didn't seemed to have recorded down on our invoice that we have already changed our TW package to a local deal.

The calls were to ask if we would like to join their March TW PS group which was kind of shocking to both of us. We had to repeat a few times to them that we are not going to TW and that we had personally headed down to the BS to confirm our change. We even had gone down to their roadshow at Marina Square (lucky we manage to meet the same sales person) to confirm with them again that we are not heading to TW. Our appointment dates for fitting and PS were locked down but not our change in package. Not too sure, perhaps mis-com somewhere? That was really something that kept us worrying for a bit.

FH received a call from them to confirm on our fitting appoitment the day before. So we went down for fitting and to discuss on the package details again as previously mentioned. Seems like we have no luck, Rachel herself was not in again. We told them that we need to finalize the details for the package since there was a change but were told that they can't do anything because the boss is not around. We stood on our ground and further said that we were told to have this discussion during our fitting so now that we are here for fitting, this should be address to.

So, we were greeted by Lili. I would really like to commend her efforts and help during our whole time with them. She managed to clarfiy our list of doubts and queries and also work out what we can do for the package with us. Once everything was cleared then only we started with our fitting. I manage to show her only about 3-4 pictures of the gown designs I liked and guess what? She manage to picked out about 5-6 gowns for me to try. Very helpful and friendly too. Not only she helped me with every single gown, she also took the effort to look for belts to add on when I found certain gowns too plain. When selecting gowns of different colours she was also looking up and down for designs which is really more inclined to my style. I had only mentioned to her once that I can't go for mermaid fit gowns. She actually rememered it the entire session and carefully help me not to select gowns of that style. Even when I was changing and FH was helping to do some selection too. She even advised me on the height of the heels that I should go for to match my FH's height. That made my shoe buying a lot more easier, which was I did after the fitting.

At first I was quite worried about the sizes as there was a post above that stated: "You really need to be thin, rich and have a strong heart if you wish to engage their service."

I am also a size 14. Going down 12 in the midst. But with her help and recommendation, my gown selection really wasn't that unpleasant! I manage to select my gowns quite hassle-free. There was only 1 short gown which requires alteration. And for my FH, it seems like a breeze too. The only thing probably to note would be to check the gowns for any defects if you are selecting it. They may not have noticed it as they don't try it all the time. Out of the 5 gowns I've selected, 3 had some minor defects which Lili had taken note of and we were told that she would get them amended before our photoshoot next week.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the turn out for the amended gowns and our PS next week. As we have a very tight timeline for the photos to be ready by end Mar/start Apr, I really hope they can fulfill what they had promised to us professionally.

I'll update again on our experience after our PS/photos selection again soon...
happy.gif

lemonzil

Just had my outdoor shoots yesterday.

Was informed to reach the studio half an hour later than the pre-arranged time the day before.

The make up artist wasn't too bad either. Personally, both FH and myself felt that she could have done much better though. We only manage to meet our photographer at about noon and he was quite easy to work with.

Although we were advised to shortlist a few places but in the end, we went to where the photographer suggested (which was also in my list but not the top few).

Our schedule was also switched. Supposed to have our indoor shoots first and then outdoor but due to the rainy afternoons recently, we went ahead for outdoor shoots first as suggested by our PG. And with this, we didn't manage to have our night shots.
sad.gif

Perhaps to trade off for the night shoots, our PG actually suggested to the MUA to let us have one gown (for indoor) for outdoor shoot instead.
PG was very easy going and we were able to get along pretty ok. He was quite 'innovative' during our first location (botanical gardens), where my poor FH and him had to help me up on a tree. Yes, I was sitting on the tree and FH had to later climb up. But subsequently, somehow, I felt that some of the poses were pretty similar on the later shots.

One thing to note for all BTBs, please note, if you are wearing your AD heels, REMEMBER to inform your PG before going on to any grassland for shooting. I wasn't thinking clear enough and stepped onto the field in my heels. They were soiled. Some could be clean off quite easily with wet tissues but some were quite stuborn. Am going to try other cleaning agents to remove the brown spots. If you have more than 1 pair of heels of the same height requirement, then wear bring along your AD heels for shots where u need to hold them and wear your normal one during the shoots. Afterall, it can't be seen most of the time! PG only got worried after he knew that the heels ain't really cheap that he was trying to suggest various cleaning methods to my FH.

The entire session was still quite alright. To be honest, we didn't really set any expectations so perhaps, that could be the reason why everything to date still seems ok to us. Only my poor FH had a more tiring session as PG had requested him to carry me and piggyback me on the beach. There was also one shot that I was sitting on my FH's shoulder, like a small kid.

Overall, a pretty fun but tiring experience. PG was informed of our AD which is only about 1 month away and he was really cooperative to even offer us to select the photos this morning. But I had to work and hence we arranged for the selection to be this weekend instead which is his next earliest slot.

Feline BTB's who have not gone for local outdoor PS, please note that if you are required to go out through the back door, please be very careful. The steps are quite steep and the walkway is very small and crampy. MUA had emphasized that their PG had fell down a couple of times. The door is also very small where your gown may get caught.

And the 'area' for indoor shoots is really run down. It's also along the way to the back door and washroom if I'm not wrong. You may have their staff 'interupting' at times.

I'm really hoping for the outcome of the photos to be good. Keeping my fingers crossed still!
happy.gif

lemonzil

I'm back with an update after my photo selection.

We had our selection just past Sunday morning and we spent about 3 hours in the studio! PG had previously told us after our photoshoot that he had took about 140+ photos. We still thought that the number was still okay and my friend even thought that it's too little. However, when the PG showed us the photos on Sunday, we were kinda in a fixed.

No doubt we only went to 3 locations, he had managed to edit the photos with filters and effects that the turnout was quite stunning for some of the photos and only the outdoor shoots had effects/filters. Indoor ones were all as it is and we were pretty surprised with the outcome too. Although the studio itself was rundown and small, the photos certainly didn't reflect that.

Anyway, throughout our entire photoselection, the PG was the only one entertaining us. Occasionally, the MUA for my photoshoot would come by and compliment on the photos while R herself she was just doing her own stuff. It seems to us that there were no other PGs as our PG had to take some indoor shots while entertaining us. We managed to downsize to half and after deducting off our package, we ended up having to top for 35 photos.

We were given the soft copies of our 140+ photos on the spot. As for the selected photos, they have promised to edit and rush out the album layout for us by next week when we head down for our 2nd fitting for our AD. Honestly, PG himself wasn't pushy but I guess he used other stuff/add-ons to entice us. We actually asked if we could pay by installment plan and were glad to know that OCBC card holders have this privilage. However, R herself wasn't quite sure of the re-payment period and was telling us that we could choose over a period between 12 - 36 months. In fact, we didn't have a choice, it was fixed at 12 months after we had agreed on everything.

Overall, the exprience so far was still not too bad. Except that both FH and I felt that R wasn't really bothered in communicating with her customers. While we were there, there were 3 couples including us viewing/selecting and collecting photos and 1 couple was inside preparing for their photoshoot. R only talked to one couple while the rest were entertained by non other than the PG again. Every question we raised, PG was the one who had to go and as R for advise/answers. Only from there then we had eye contact with her.
I'm not too sure if this should be how things go but personally, I can't really be bothered with her either. But it's thumbs up for the PG/MUA and other staff who are the ones working hard enough to make me feel pleasant about them so far.

Looking forward to view our album layout and 2nd fitting. Hopefully, our encounter with them leaves us a not too bad impression. Fingers Crossed! :)

lemonzil

Another update!

Went to view our album layout and 2nd fitting yesterday. I guess yesterday was the first time we didn't really felt please with them. I went in to the studio first while FH went to park the car. Stepped in, Ms R caught a glimpsed and smiled. Then followed by a greeting from our PG. Photo editor Z saw me and immediately asked me to look at the layout. I told him my FH is still not here yet so I waited and yeah, was left waiting. Seems like it was a busy time? There were about 3 couples in the small studio. I guess it was pretty messy at that time. 2 couples were selecting gowns for their TW BS while one was waiting to head for outdoor PS. Customer service was almost 0 down here.

Album layout wise, seems still alright. Of course quite a number of amendments. Some photos don't seem well edited. I had to zoom in big enough to check. One of the photos was over-edited till I almost became flat chested. I thought that was a major NO-NO? FH's pocket flap had to be emphasized again (we did told PG to edit the flap during photo selection and he assured us it will be edited). Seems like not much communication between PG and Z. Or rather they don't remember who's coming down or who's having what appointment everyday. We're looking foward to view the 2nd draft on this Thursday evening. Hopefully no further amendments.

Next was gown fitting for AD. This time was kind of a disappointment. Lily was not around to help as she went TW for BS. The other lady who helped me this time was Lina. Both FH and I both felt very strongly that she's kind of lazy to help us pick gowns. I told her I had 4 gowns including tea dress for AD but she didn't buy it. Ended up the MUA for my outdoor shoot had to intercept. Then FH suggested if we can try the tea dress first since there isn't much selection, she just directed us to choose the white gown first and she just told me that I can pick gowns from the racks from outside to inside. Just go look and pick myself. I was kinda annoyed that I told her directly I didn't even have to look at racks for more than 5 mins when I came for fitting for BS. Lily picked for me and it was within 5 tries, I selected 2 gowns. She then led us outside to show me a gown totally not of my liking and told me it's cute! FH even had to ask her to recommend before she start to pick out 1 - 2 gowns for me to see. Managed to select a few and ended up trying about 5-6 gowns just for the AD white gown. Ms R herself came in with one gown for me to try. FH found it nice, felt kinda old european style to me but I didn't like it. Besides, it wasn't white. It was off white (like yellowish) and when asked, Ms R said it's supposed to be this color. We gave up trying those that were recommended by Lina and went to look piece by piece off the racks outside on our own and managed to find one that fit. We missed out the racks of white gowns inside which was something I had regretted now as I was already feeling very tired trying and looking up at so many gowns yesterday. I even strained a muscle just trying to look at the gowns. Lina recommended me a green fluffy gown for my evening gown! It was a total mis-match in terms of color and my liking and she still could tell me that it'll fit me well enough. o_O In the end, I went back to one of my BS gown as my evening gown as I loved it very much.

After the evening gown, it was the selection of my ROM dress which she also didn't help much. She just ask us to pick from the corner of short dresses. It's like, AGAIN go help yourselves. Only when we were almost finished with selecting then she came to see if we manage to find any. The colors of the short dresses were kind of limited. Some really looked old. The one we selected was abit old-looking and it seems like they have to do a fair bit of touching up and sewing at the bottom. I kept asking her about the touching up of the bottom as I was really unsure but she kept saying yes, yes, they will amend it. I'm not too sure how the turn out will be like. Kinda worried about this. Then to the tea dress... She openly 'hinted' that I won't fit into a Qi Pao, which I didn't want to wear anyway. I just told her I'm going for a Kua direct. There was no selection for us. She just picked according to the size only like they don't have any selection for that. Her instructions on wearing the bottom wasn't clear so I just tried it on anyhow. It was pretty obvious that the top was a bit too small for me. The zipper should be nicely hidden for the top but for me, the zipper was exposed. It was already obvious enough that it's too small. But she kept saying that it fits just nice and wasn't really keen to get me another size. Finally when she did, she got me one OVER sized Kua which was about 2 sizes bigger. I couldn't help but felt she was just trying to brush me off with the sizes. I just wore it and walked out showing everyone that it's really way too big. It felt like I was wearing a men's top. C'mon? If you don't have the right size, then let us know, give us some other alternatives/suggestions!? Finally because we had to come back for another fitting session and layout review she decided to get us to wait for my AD MUA, coincidentally, Lily, to help me look for a better fit size on my next trip down after the alteration for the other gowns. I saw one very beautifully embroided Kua which was reserved didn't manage to ask if they have that design for my size cause she was too busy with my FH's fitting.

Oddly, my FH was not able to find any blazors/pants of the right fit. The sizes she picked for him were abit too small/tight. FH told her that he won't be able to stretch but she just kept saying that it fits perfectly. Which is totally not! So the trip yesterday was kind of wasted for him if we need not view the album layout. They couldn't find the ones FH wore for our photoshoot either! Again, Lina suggested to wait for Lily to come back for FH's fitting. Well, the regret and finally set in during FH's fitting. We saw one white gown similar to the one I've picked for my AD except that this one has baby pink finishes and flower petals. I like it so much and FH asked me to try it since he's still not done. Lina wasn't keen to let me try at all. I do not know why. The only explanations I can find is either she's lazy or perhaps it's dinner time and she's famished? She emphasized a couple of times before we left that we're done for the day and we can go grab food. Food was not in our mind at all! FH helped himself and took down the gown for me to try. Another lady came in to help me with the gown since Lina wasn't 'available' to help. That gown fits me as kinda perfectly like the one I've selected! I was actually very happy and was thinking to change but the MUA for my outdoor shoot somewhat 'reminded' us that, it's more appropriate to pick full white gown for AD morning. FH then later thought of the veil too and we decided to let go of it. But I just can't take it off my mind the entire night even till now.

Anyway, I couldn't sleep the whole night as my mind was occupied by some queries on the album. It wasn't exactly made very clear to us on the pages that we had in our package and the ones we had topped up for. No matter how I calculated, it seems that either we were short changed or they gave us lots of FOC pages (which is not likely). Managed to convinced FH to make a trip down to the studio just now despite me having a swollen eye this morning. Our heart almost stopped beating when our PG said our album was another design (vertical) according to what his invoice had written! He refused to look at our package invoice initially till I told him that he was the one who confirmed with us the album design we were entitled to (horizontal). He even said the sales person was very nice to give us this album design (no idea why) then. Ended up we confirmed on that it was the right design and clarified on the pages and stuff. They had given us 1 flip FOC and 1 flip is almost equivelent to about 2 pages of horizontal page which they count as 4 pages. That's the reason why we just can't seem to get the numbers right. :S

FH and I tried our luck with Ms R today on negotiating to have one more extra gown for my AD (the white/pink one I've tried ytd). On the account that we had gowns and jackets for parents (both fathers), maid of honour and best man in our package and we only needed 1 jacket for FH's father, and looking at the amount we spent on the top up of photos and album, Ms R was totally not giving in to us. The lady who help me fitted the gown and the MUA were also aware that I really loved that gown so much I wanted to wear it for my first march in only. It was still a NO from Ms R. The best she could offer was to top up $150 as the dry cleaning fee only. Well, we told her we would consider and left disappointed. If it wasn't to match the veil in the morning, I probably would have go with the pink one instead. FH commented last night, even before today's disappointment that he'll only rate them about 65 out of 100. Perhaps their after full payment follow-up services could have been better?

Will be back there on Thursday evening to view my revised album layout. Appreciate Z's effort on editing our photos with such tight timeline. Hopefully all that we wanted to amend will be in place by then for them to proceed with printing. Will be back with updates after my 3rd fitting 2 weeks later!

vitalitysam

Another update!

Went to view our album layout and 2nd fitting yesterday. I guess yesterday was the first time we didn't really felt please with them. I went in to the studio first while FH went to park the car. Stepped in, Ms R caught a glimpsed and smiled. Then followed by a greeting from our PG. Photo editor Z saw me and immediately asked me to look at the layout. I told him my FH is still not here yet so I waited and yeah, was left waiting. Seems like it was a busy time? There were about 3 couples in the small studio. I guess it was pretty messy at that time. 2 couples were selecting gowns for their TW BS while one was waiting to head for outdoor PS. Customer service was almost 0 down here.

Album layout wise, seems still alright. Of course quite a number of amendments. Some photos don't seem well edited. I had to zoom in big enough to check. One of the photos was over-edited till I almost became flat chested. I thought that was a major NO-NO? FH's pocket flap had to be emphasized again (we did told PG to edit the flap during photo selection and he assured us it will be edited). Seems like not much communication between PG and Z. Or rather they don't remember who's coming down or who's having what appointment everyday. We're looking foward to view the 2nd draft on this Thursday evening. Hopefully no further amendments.

Next was gown fitting for AD. This time was kind of a disappointment. Lily was not around to help as she went TW for BS. The other lady who helped me this time was Lina. Both FH and I both felt very strongly that she's kind of lazy to help us pick gowns. I told her I had 4 gowns including tea dress for AD but she didn't buy it. Ended up the MUA for my outdoor shoot had to intercept. Then FH suggested if we can try the tea dress first since there isn't much selection, she just directed us to choose the white gown first and she just told me that I can pick gowns from the racks from outside to inside. Just go look and pick myself. I was kinda annoyed that I told her directly I didn't even have to look at racks for more than 5 mins when I came for fitting for BS. Lily picked for me and it was within 5 tries, I selected 2 gowns. She then led us outside to show me a gown totally not of my liking and told me it's cute! FH even had to ask her to recommend before she start to pick out 1 - 2 gowns for me to see. Managed to select a few and ended up trying about 5-6 gowns just for the AD white gown. Ms R herself came in with one gown for me to try. FH found it nice, felt kinda old european style to me but I didn't like it. Besides, it wasn't white. It was off white (like yellowish) and when asked, Ms R said it's supposed to be this color. We gave up trying those that were recommended by Lina and went to look piece by piece off the racks outside on our own and managed to find one that fit. We missed out the racks of white gowns inside which was something I had regretted now as I was already feeling very tired trying and looking up at so many gowns yesterday. I even strained a muscle just trying to look at the gowns. Lina recommended me a green fluffy gown for my evening gown! It was a total mis-match in terms of color and my liking and she still could tell me that it'll fit me well enough. o_O In the end, I went back to one of my BS gown as my evening gown as I loved it very much.

After the evening gown, it was the selection of my ROM dress which she also didn't help much. She just ask us to pick from the corner of short dresses. It's like, AGAIN go help yourselves. Only when we were almost finished with selecting then she came to see if we manage to find any. The colors of the short dresses were kind of limited. Some really looked old. The one we selected was abit old-looking and it seems like they have to do a fair bit of touching up and sewing at the bottom. I kept asking her about the touching up of the bottom as I was really unsure but she kept saying yes, yes, they will amend it. I'm not too sure how the turn out will be like. Kinda worried about this. Then to the tea dress... She openly 'hinted' that I won't fit into a Qi Pao, which I didn't want to wear anyway. I just told her I'm going for a Kua direct. There was no selection for us. She just picked according to the size only like they don't have any selection for that. Her instructions on wearing the bottom wasn't clear so I just tried it on anyhow. It was pretty obvious that the top was a bit too small for me. The zipper should be nicely hidden for the top but for me, the zipper was exposed. It was already obvious enough that it's too small. But she kept saying that it fits just nice and wasn't really keen to get me another size. Finally when she did, she got me one OVER sized Kua which was about 2 sizes bigger. I couldn't help but felt she was just trying to brush me off with the sizes. I just wore it and walked out showing everyone that it's really way too big. It felt like I was wearing a men's top. C'mon? If you don't have the right size, then let us know, give us some other alternatives/suggestions!? Finally because we had to come back for another fitting session and layout review she decided to get us to wait for my AD MUA, coincidentally, Lily, to help me look for a better fit size on my next trip down after the alteration for the other gowns. I saw one very beautifully embroided Kua which was reserved didn't manage to ask if they have that design for my size cause she was too busy with my FH's fitting.

Oddly, my FH was not able to find any blazors/pants of the right fit. The sizes she picked for him were abit too small/tight. FH told her that he won't be able to stretch but she just kept saying that it fits perfectly. Which is totally not! So the trip yesterday was kind of wasted for him if we need not view the album layout. They couldn't find the ones FH wore for our photoshoot either! Again, Lina suggested to wait for Lily to come back for FH's fitting. Well, the regret and finally set in during FH's fitting. We saw one white gown similar to the one I've picked for my AD except that this one has baby pink finishes and flower petals. I like it so much and FH asked me to try it since he's still not done. Lina wasn't keen to let me try at all. I do not know why. The only explanations I can find is either she's lazy or perhaps it's dinner time and she's famished? She emphasized a couple of times before we left that we're done for the day and we can go grab food. Food was not in our mind at all! FH helped himself and took down the gown for me to try. Another lady came in to help me with the gown since Lina wasn't 'available' to help. That gown fits me as kinda perfectly like the one I've selected! I was actually very happy and was thinking to change but the MUA for my outdoor shoot somewhat 'reminded' us that, it's more appropriate to pick full white gown for AD morning. FH then later thought of the veil too and we decided to let go of it. But I just can't take it off my mind the entire night even till now.

Anyway, I couldn't sleep the whole night as my mind was occupied by some queries on the album. It wasn't exactly made very clear to us on the pages that we had in our package and the ones we had topped up for. No matter how I calculated, it seems that either we were short changed or they gave us lots of FOC pages (which is not likely). Managed to convinced FH to make a trip down to the studio just now despite me having a swollen eye this morning. Our heart almost stopped beating when our PG said our album was another design (vertical) according to what his invoice had written! He refused to look at our package invoice initially till I told him that he was the one who confirmed with us the album design we were entitled to (horizontal). He even said the sales person was very nice to give us this album design (no idea why) then. Ended up we confirmed on that it was the right design and clarified on the pages and stuff. They had given us 1 flip FOC and 1 flip is almost equivelent to about 2 pages of horizontal page which they count as 4 pages. That's the reason why we just can't seem to get the numbers right. :S

FH and I tried our luck with Ms R today on negotiating to have one more extra gown for my AD (the white/pink one I've tried ytd). On the account that we had gowns and jackets for parents (both fathers), maid of honour and best man in our package and we only needed 1 jacket for FH's father, and looking at the amount we spent on the top up of photos and album, Ms R was totally not giving in to us. The lady who help me fitted the gown and the MUA were also aware that I really loved that gown so much I wanted to wear it for my first march in only. It was still a NO from Ms R. The best she could offer was to top up $150 as the dry cleaning fee only. Well, we told her we would consider and left disappointed. If it wasn't to match the veil in the morning, I probably would have go with the pink one instead. FH commented last night, even before today's disappointment that he'll only rate them about 65 out of 100. Perhaps their after full payment follow-up services could have been better?

Will be back there on Thursday evening to view my revised album layout. Appreciate Z's effort on editing our photos with such tight timeline. Hopefully all that we wanted to amend will be in place by then for them to proceed with printing. Will be back with updates after my 3rd fitting 2 weeks later!

vitalitysam

Hi ,
I have also signed a package with them last year.
May I know if there is any recommended Photographer and MUA??
Is the service experience still as bad?

I am starting to worry...

Evonne Ow

Oh my god! I had met up with Feline Bridal at Mandarin Orchard roadshow last Sun (14th Apr 13). We were very adamant of not signing up any bridal package cos main purpose was to book banquet 1st. However, the sales lady was so good at pitching sales till we spent 1hr listening and felt guilty leaving empty-handed. Her package offered was very attractive thus we made a downpayment of only $388 to secure the price after much negotiation. We plan to convert it to family portrait for future use if we did not sign up the bridal package by 28th Apr...... The sales lady Mdm Sally had invited us to try the wedding gowns on 28th before deciding. Now I am slightly doubtful after reading this thread....

Walked down Tanjong Pagar yesterday (20th Apr) and none of the bridal shop packages beats them... (Went to about 4 boutiques)
I am confuse now....Any more updates? The clock is ticking....

lemonzil

Hi ,
I have also signed a package with them last year.
May I know if there is any recommended Photographer and MUA??
Is the service experience still as bad?

I am starting to worry...

Hi Vitalitysam, we are actually quite satisfied with the outcome of our photos. Pierre was our PG and Lily is my AD MUA. Both met our expectations and especially for Lily, I think I really like her. Even my mom said so as she helped my mom with her make-up at night.

Oh my god! I had met up with Feline Bridal at Mandarin Orchard roadshow last Sun (14th Apr 13). We were very adamant of not signing up any bridal package cos main purpose was to book banquet 1st. However, the sales lady was so good at pitching sales till we spent 1hr listening and felt guilty leaving empty-handed. Her package offered was very attractive thus we made a downpayment of only $388 to secure the price after much negotiation. We plan to convert it to family portrait for future use if we did not sign up the bridal package by 28th Apr...... The sales lady Mdm Sally had invited us to try the wedding gowns on 28th before deciding. Now I am slightly doubtful after reading this thread....

Walked down Tanjong Pagar yesterday (20th Apr) and none of the bridal shop packages beats them... (Went to about 4 boutiques)
I am confuse now....Any more updates? The clock is ticking....

Apologies Evonne for the lack of updates. Been busy after AD, clearning the 'aftermath' and was away for honeymoon. I'll be posting my final update soon. :)

lemonzil

I'm back with my final update! Apologies ones again for the delay in updating. I actually thought nobody reads since there wasn't any replies so I could really take my own sweet time to do it after my AD and honeymoon... :p

Alright back to where I had stopped. We went down for the layout review 3 days after our 'ill-fated' fitting. Z was there to receive us and promptly showed us the revised layout. Most of the items which we had discussed earlier had been edited and we just did some final changes which Z did on the spot for us. Once everything had been confirmed, he proceeded with the order of our prints. We asked if some of the alterations had been done but none of them wanted to check for us. They just told us it won't be this fast. One irritating fact, they don't remember your AD. Every now and then you will be asked, when is your AD? Seems like they were waiting for Lily to come back to clear everything?! I can honestly say that I'm not pleased with R at all. She totally lacks custome service attitude.

We almost had another heart attack when we asked about our wedding montage. Based on our understanding, a montage is a compilation of our pre-wedding photos done in soft copy meant to be played before our wedding banquet. Guessed what, when we asked, R told us it's those long white portrait frames hanging on their walls! We told her that we remembered very clearly we did asked the sales person if there will be a montage done for us and she said yes. And the catalouge speaks for itself! Aren't those photos supposed to be called collage? R was still telling us that this is what they meant by montage. :eek:

I'm not too sure about other Feline brides. But for us, we are very clear what we wanted. Even our PG told us the number of photos they will use to prepare for the montage. So we were nothing but just upset when R insisted that they do no produce montage in our definition but those in her definition - Photo Collage. So Feline Brides, PLEASE do check and confirm if your's is a montage or a collage. It is extremely misleading. Not forgetting that our request was very simple! 50 odd photos (advised by their PG) done in slideshow format, no music required (I'll be playing music from CDs). I don't see why they can't do it. Anyway after showing R how upset I was she finally (perhaps unwillingly too?) asked one of her staff (XT) to do one for us. I was already boiling mad by then. Sighs.

Moving on, our next appt for our fitting was on 27 Mar, close to 2 weeks after the montage incident. I received a call from Lily, my AD MUA the day after the returned from TW (23? if I didn't recall wrongly) to confirm on our appt. I briefly told ther about the outstanding items from our last fitting and she assured me that she will look into it. On 27th itself, at about 5-ish, I received a call from Lily. She politely asked if we could try to be there as early as possible because they had to close early for the night. I didn't ask why but I told her I would try. My work place is not in town and I only finish at 6pm. We reached there 15 mins before our appt time (7pm) and Lily was already waiting for us. She let me try my evening gown again as previously when served by Lina, it somehow didn't manage to fit - this is unbelievable because I wore it for PS and I lost some weight from then till my fitting. Even Lily finds it impossible! Eventually, it fit of course. She also let me try on the KUA and she was with me guiding me how to wear it appropriately. The size she picked was perfect. 1 try and it's done. She just needed to help me do some mending on some of the embroideries.

Then to my last worry, my ROM dress. She showed me the dress which was still in tact on the mannequin. They had been doing alterations. After trying, I noticed that the major alterations had been done. Just some bits which they can't tell when it was on the mannequin. To my amazement, Lily just did the alteration with me wearing the dress. In like less than 10 mins, it's 90% done. Just one more sewing that can only be done without me wearing it. I would say, she's really fast and good! Then it's my husband's turn. She tried her very best to locate the suit my husband wore for PS but only manage to find 1 set. The other had 'went missing'. We could tell that she's very focus and determined to complete everything that evening. She went searching in and out a few times just to find something closest to that missing suit for my hubby. All these while, the smile and warmth never left her face. And when all the selection is done, she did a trial make up for me. This was something that I was unprepared for. I don't remember anyone telling me this. Anyway, she was also sharing with me how she would style my hair and also checking if I would need her to be around for another hair style setting for our 2nd march-in. In the end, I 'booked' her for almost the entire day. Morning, noon (before our solemnization) early evening (mom and myself plus light make-up for hubby) and 2nd march-in.

After the trial make up, she then ask me to select my hand bouquet for the day. Guess what, almost everyone in the BS is leaving. R was giving them a treat that night if I'm not wrong. And all of them are getting ready to go. Poor Lily was still trying to clear up the oustanding matters for us. Personally I felt that R should arrange for it later instead of having to rush the clients down and look at them all happily getting ready to go for dinner. They even turned off the aircon and music! Z at the same time, passed us all the photos, albums, portrait and softcopies of the files. He had already shut down and so we weren't able to test view it. I must say, album was done really fast and good. Only the table top photo frame was scratched. We requested to change the frame after our AD as time wasn't on our side anymore. We quickly left once everything was collected and all the gowns were finalized and hand bouquet was finalized so that Lily could join them in time.

One last fitting on the day before our AD. We received a call from Lily about 3 hours before our appt time. She was telling us not to rush cause it was raining, and traffic jam etc. Anyway, we reached about 30 mins later than the fixed time. I requested to try on ALL gowns one more time to ensure nothing went wrong (I had only tried my AD white gown once!) as there were still some minor alterations from our last fitting. Hubby too tried his suits. Minor hiccups here and there for him. But alteration was immediate. So no worries at all. Our bridal car was also there awaiting for the ribbons to be tied. I must say the guy they engaged to do the flower/ribbon tying on the bridal car is quite professional. We witnessed the whole procedure. He also advised the driver and us to only tie the couple bear the next morning in case they go missing at night. Everything was done pretty quickly too. After that we went back and Lily helped hubby to select his bow ties. She also gave us the 'ribbons' for the brothers' cars. Initially we were told that they will give us only 16 pieces (4 cars or 8 cars going at 2 pcs each). In the end, she gave us more than that She even ask if we need wrist corsages! She had a bagful of them. The wrist corsages aren't the best looking around but if you are not extremely particular they might still fit. As for the ribbons on the cars, it's a definite NO. They were plain white and not pretty at all. That's the only disappointment...

To be continued...

lemonzil

Contiunation...

We collected everything including the father's jacket and finalized the meeting time with Lily one last time before we left. AD itself, Lily was very very punctual! 5.30 she was already outside my house. We actually took our AD PG from Feline too to offset for the 'loss' from our TW package. Guess what, the PG was also early. The whole day, Lily was very punctual and she had been of a wonderful great help to us. We are really very satisfied with her. As for the PG, Alan, I must say, he is a funny man! He actually did not contact us all these while until when we asked Lily that night where we were there for the 'final' fitting. I was a little shock when I saw him the very first time on my AD morning. He looked like just a random uncle. Honestly, the photos taken were not the best we have seen, they are not that bad either! Besides, his attitude and sense of humour and the enthusiasim was something really worth commending. He could recite like one long list of well wishes to bring the atmosphere up to the next level. He was also able to advise us on some of the chinese tradition when we are not quite sure how to go about it. Not forgetting, he actually gave us discount on the extra charges! Very nice PG, and efficient one too! When we went to return the gowns the following day, Feline passed us the soft copies of the photos! All ready! We were really very pleased with him.

One last bit, we brought along the table top photo back to Z the day we return the gowns. As promised, Z took it back their vendor to change it for us. Coincidentally, we had forgotten to return the father's jacket and so we called Lily to inform her. She actually told us not to worry since we are going back to collect the table top photo, we can return it when we are going down the next time which was last Saturday. The table top photo was actually ready long before but we were away for honeymoon. Z and Lily were still polite as ever when I went to return the jacket and collect the photo.

These are all my personal heartfelt experience with Feline. It wasn't the best, but it wasn't really that bad. My top recommendation would definitely be Lily. I guessed she saved the day ultimately. Not forgetting Z (Xiao Zhang) whom delivered all his promises on time for the album. Thumbs up for the effort in such tight time frame. Heartfelt thanks to the lady who did the montage for us too (I think she's called Xiao Tian) and also my MUA for my outdoor PS (Hai Yan), Pierre, our BS PG, and of course Alan, our AD PG (don't think you'll ever get to see him there) who brought us lots of joy.

Overall, I'll rate them a 7 out of 10 if not for the heart attacks and Ms R's attitude.
Hope all Feline Brides will not take my experience too personally. Things may be different for everyone. We didn't set much expectations and so we were still quite satisfied with the outcome. Will be glad to share more to my best of knowldege to other Feline Brides who are still not sure or in doubt. Feel free to PM me and last but not least, congrats to the upcoming change in status! ;)

stardusk

hi lemonzil, I am also a feline bride, lol :) going to do the initial choosing of photos in 2 weeks. :) so far so good as well, i also got Lily for MUA and coordinator for my japan photoshoot. how much did you pay for extra photos?

lemonzil

hi stardusk! Nice to meet you! :)

Ah, so you just came back from Jap I supposed? I know she was in Jap 2 days before my AD. We paid 3K for the for the photos... :)

lemonzil

yeap, we top 3K for extra photos and album pages... do you have any idea how many shots did your PG take? our's took 140+ shots and we only managed to half in down to 35 photos.

lemonzil

yes yes came back 9th april! its so beautiful there during sakura season :)

aww.. envy much! then you and ur htb must really exercise alot of control when it comes to photos selection. When will you guys be selecting your photos?

stardusk

coming friday!! hahah i think there are 209 photos. :S how are the extra charges like? how much more for each photo and how much more for each page? counted separately??

lemonzil

Good luck on the selection!! :) 209 is quite a lot! We were charged 80/extra but our package had a deal $1K for 20 pcs. so in the end, we paid 1750 for 35 top up.
and for the pages, depending on your album. Our's was the arcylic cover opening from the centre from 2 pages to 4 pages. so each flip was 160. they gave us discount so in total it cost us 3K...

hiveyhive

Good luck on the selection!! :) 209 is quite a lot! We were charged 80/extra but our package had a deal $1K for 20 pcs. so in the end, we paid 1750 for 35 top up.
and for the pages, depending on your album. Our's was the arcylic cover opening from the centre from 2 pages to 4 pages. so each flip was 160. they gave us discount so in total it cost us 3K...
Is 3K just the top ups for photos? or whole package price?
wow...

lemonzil

hi hiveyhive, 3K is just for the top up of photos and the additional album pages i.e. 10 flips.

Originally, our package only has 32 photos plus 20 pages which is about 10 flips only. so with the top up of photos, the no. of flips will have to increase and they charge individually for that.

our total damage at was near 7K. :)

hiveyhive

hi hiveyhive, 3K is just for the top up of photos and the additional album pages i.e. 10 flips.

Originally, our package only has 32 photos plus 20 pages which is about 10 flips only. so with the top up of photos, the no. of flips will have to increase and they charge individually for that.

our total damage at was near 7K. :)
7K is painful. Will there be a possibility to just keep to package included poses? What's the temptation you faced? hehe

lemonzil

7K is painful. Will there be a possibility to just keep to package included poses? What's the temptation you faced? hehe

hiveyhive, yes 7K is painful we did it all via credit cards installments. So it really wasn't that painful :D
It's a little hard to just keep as to what you have in your package main reason being, your album will only have that little pages and no. of photos.
it's definitely not going to look good/sufficient.

not forgetting, for each 'theme'/style/series we needed at least 3-4 photos to fill up the page (cos our album was horizontal).
another temptaion was the pretty nice effects done by Pierre. he made some of our photos don't look so Singapore that I had friends asking if I had went overseas for my PS.
Lastly, my hubby actually liked quite a lot of photos too. So accomodating much to each other during selection will definitely affect the wallet.. :rolleyes:

hiveyhive

hiveyhive, yes 7K is painful we did it all via credit cards installments. So it really wasn't that painful :D
It's a little hard to just keep as to what you have in your package main reason being, your album will only have that little pages and no. of photos.
it's definitely not going to look good/sufficient.

not forgetting, for each 'theme'/style/series we needed at least 3-4 photos to fill up the page (cos our album was horizontal).
another temptaion was the pretty nice effects done by Pierre. he made some of our photos don't look so Singapore that I had friends asking if I had went overseas for my PS.
Lastly, my hubby actually liked quite a lot of photos too. So accomodating much to each other during selection will definitely affect the wallet.. :rolleyes:

I see. I feel ironic cause I am hoping photos dont turn out well then i stick to package included photos. LOL weird thinking. but thanks for your reply! I only have 30 poses :( potential to break my piggy bank. :eek:

lemonzil

I see. I feel ironic cause I am hoping photos dont turn out well then i stick to package included photos. LOL weird thinking. but thanks for your reply! I only have 30 poses :( potential to break my piggy bank. :eek:

Hi Hiveyhive, you're most welcome! Am glad that I can share! I was feeling helpless when there were no replies in this thread before my wedding. :D
honestly, i had the same thinking as you too. Cause if it turns out too well, the pockets will be in trouble. Haha.

honestly 30 poses is really not sufficient. the way they count their album pages is also different especially for the album type I have. it's only 11 flips but counted as 44 to them.

stardusk

yeah, i only had 25 poses! my total damage is around 11k incl package price... :S yikes. i was also hoping that there were only 25 nice photos, and only choose 25.. but aiyo.. it was better than expected. i top up 60 extra photos and extra pages as well :S

lemonzil

yeah, i only had 25 poses! my total damage is around 11k incl package price... :S yikes. i was also hoping that there were only 25 nice photos, and only choose 25.. but aiyo.. it was better than expected. i top up 60 extra photos and extra pages as well :S

WOW. 60 photos!!! that's really a lot!! 60+25 means, your album must be very nice~!

stardusk

yeah lots!!! quite alot of ppl top up until 10k.. 105-108 photos in total. they tried asking us to get that also, but i refused..

but i think should be quite nice la.. *hope* havent seen the page design all that yet, must wait 2 mths!

lemonzil

I'm sure giving them 2 months the album shld turn out nice.. i mean mine was done in 2 weeks and it was good enough.. what more 2 months? :D

lemonzil

ours was the typical glossy kind.. your's?

stardusk

i went for the pvc crystal type. coz they wanna use our album as a sample album for next time. lol.

lemonzil

oh.. any additional charges for that?

means your photos must be really impressive for them to use as sample!

stardusk

normally yes, but because they using us as sample, so no need..

haha because of the sakura, everything also nice!

lemonzil

that's really nice to hear!! trueness, how often do u get sakura as wedding photos? lovely!

april47

Hi! Im a feline BTB. Would like to check if its normal to have my 1st gown fitting just 2 weeks before the scheduled photoshoot? We have yet to decide on the photographer as well. Is it really a common feline practice not to have the gown fitting too early?

Am just worried that I would not be able to find a gown off the rack, then it would be too late to have a MTM gown for the photoshoot.

lemonzil

Hi april47, it is normal for Feline to schedule gown fittings 1-2 weeks before ur PS. Mine was done 1 week before and my ps was done locally. And dont think you will get the chance to decide on the PG. they will allocate for you if i'm not wrong. unless you request for, then perhaps you may ask them.

guess you dont have to worry too much on the gown sizes. unless you're really going for unique gowns then perhaps you may wish to pop by to take a look. They normally wont advise fitting too early. :)
Hope this helps!

Leona_brielle

Hey ladies, I'm also a feline BTB! Signed up for my package 3 yrs ago at $3000. Was asked to pay $2000 deposit then, quite a lot.. But we paid.

My AD is 19 July 2014. Longggg way to go. But I'm really getting worried abt feline svc and bridal gown selection... Any good photographers to recommend??

StephF

Dear fellow BTBs, I would like to just share my experience with Feline so far. I would like to state first that my fiance and I did not have any expectations in the first place, so maybe it helps? On the other hand, it is good too if you have a clear idea of what you want, then it would take less time (eg. for gown selection).

So anyway, I just went for my gown selection last week for my photoshoot. We booked for a Monday as we did not want to squeeze with the other couples on a weekend. I read in some other Feline thread of bad experiences, like when the other BTB "stole" her gown when trying on all the gowns, and that lady had no choice but to select another one? So anw, we took leave from work to go on a Monday for the gown selection.

I brought my sis along as she was free and I thought I would need a second opinion, given that my fiance would just say I look good in everything?? (typical men). They taught my sis how to tie the gowns and she learnt fast. So throughout the entire session she was the one in the changing room helping to tie/zip me up/down. There was only one other couple there and they were having their studio shots taken. Thus, Lili was quite busy with them, but we were quite fine with her leaving us to ourselves too. That being said, she did not neglect us, but was still conscientiously helping me choose gowns, while attending to the make-up of the other bride at the same time.

In total, I took almost 3 hours to select my 5 gowns (3 white and 2 coloured) and tried on a total of 17 gowns! It was really tiring for me, and I would think even more so for my sister! Throughout the 3 hours, Lili never seemed exasperated with me (for taking so long to choose), and even tried to entertain my fiance who was just playing games on his phone while waiting for me. She even asked him if he would like to charge his hp, which I laughed, cos it means I'm really taking a very long time! Even when I've chosen all 5 gowns, one last gown caught my eye and I asked if I could just try that on, she was ok with it, no complaints at all, and I ended up choosing that last gown, which means I had to let go of one of the 5 that I'd already chosen. Thank goodness for my sister who helped me with the choosing, it can get quite overwhelming trying to make a decision on the spot between 2 gowns you really like!

Overall it was quite a pleasant experience for me, I believe a huge part of it is because we went on a weekday, which is my advice for fellow BTBs. I would also suggest bringing a friend/sister with you to help you out, as it is almost impossible to put on those gowns on your own. If you do not have someone helping you, the person assigned to you at Feline would be the one helping you with the gowns, which is fine if you are the only couple there, but if there are more than one couple there, you might have to wait in line, which can get quite tiring.

lemonzil

waoh.. you tried 17 gowns!?!?! how much time did you spend there? after like 3 - 4 gowns i'm already... tired. hahaha

StephF

waoh.. you tried 17 gowns!?!?! how much time did you spend there? after like 3 - 4 gowns i'm already... tired. hahaha

I WAS damn tired! The last few gowns I was already giving deep sighs! But I'm really grateful to my sis... think she's even more tired than me, having to do all the menial work for me! Very hard to choose la... I had some idea in mind, like I thought I would not want to wear princess cut, cos it's not very "me", but Lili suggested to just try them on or else all my gowns will be the same type. Surprisingly they turned out not bad... so hard to choose!

lemonzil

Well at least you manage to select all your 5 gowns ultimately. Good that you can try all the different cuts/designs of the gowns. for my size, i cant take mermaid cuts and most of the zipped up gowns were tight at my ribs area. So end up i can only pick those lace up ones.

Lili is indeed very helpful. I miss her! hahaha.

StephF

Since she's helping me with the gowns, does that mean that she's also going to be my MUA? Cos she's really very patient and helpful!

I'm not exactly slim too, but I was quite amazed how the gowns are made to really flatter the brides! I actually told my sis "I have a waist!?!" after Lili first tied me up for the first gown... cos my body is quite straight cut, so usually the waist disappears.

lemonzil

StephF, might not be.. you got to ask her if she's going to be around on your AD. Cause they take turns to fly for overseas PS.
she was assisting me during my gown selection. but my PS MUA was another lady Haiyan. She's also not too bad.
but thankfully, lili was my AD MUA. She just flew back from Japan PS 2 days before my AD. really lucky me.

Haha, yes, gowns really do amazing job to brides because of all the various cuts they zoom into... :)