Fairy Inc

jsim15

Hi flyingpig, is better to make an appointment cos they alwayz got customers one..if u u juz walk in they can't really show u their rings
happy.gif

chocolatte79

hi tiffany, do u still have engagement ring or u will b using the engagement ring as a wedding ring? did u manage to find something similar for ur HB?
i actually thot of not having wedding bands, coz i prefer the engagement ring and think it's a waste to have 2 rings, hehehe...

wnteruv

Hi Chocolatte

I have engagement ring as well as wedding band, and i love wearing both of them. one on each hand, i just love the sparkles. hee hee..

As for my hubby, his wedding band is a pretty simple one with only a diamond in the middle. he choose it himself. both our wedding bands are from soo kee

cfay

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether to get an eternity wedding bands from Goldheart/ Lee hwa / Soo Kee, which is better? Very confused to get either a normal diamonds or a perfect cuts, don't know if is worth the $ to get perfect cuts as i read up some threads saying that diamonds which is less than 0.3pts is not worth to get Perfect cut.

Any advise?

gabriellek

cfay

personally i feel there is no point to get a really good cut if each diamond is less than 0.3pts. cos can't really see the diamond in the 1st place. if it's in a eternity setting, then there are at last 5 diamonds (most probably more) and when anyone sees the ring, the diamonds will shine collectively to produce the sparkles, who can see whether each individual diamond can sparkle?

of course that's my personal opinion from a more cost saving perspective. i'm sure there will be people who will tell u that it's impt to buy perfect cut for even a small diamond.

at the end of the day, i think it depends on ur budget.

lifegauge

Hi All

We designed our own rings for our ROM in June this year, and had them hand made by a jewelry shop in Dubai (yes, Dubai!). We wanted our own design that was modern yet traditional at the same time, hence we decided on yellow gold instead of white.

We also heard that the gold in Dubai was much better than that in Singapore so we decided to give it a shot when we made a trip there.

The rings are a channel design, with 3 x 0.3ct diamonds set in the channel (total 0.9 ct per ring). Had them made in about 2 weeks. The only thing we had to give them was a rough design drawn on paper, and some magazine cut-out of similar designs!

Here are some pictures taken during our ROM:

http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wd2008060800620023smalldx5.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wd2008060800670024smallhr6.jpg

The price was also very reasonable, even when compared to buying off-the-shelf in the shops in Singapore since Dubai has 0% tax, hence the material costs (diamonds, gold, etc) are all very much cheaper!

p.s. We have now moved here following my new job in Dubai. If anyone would like us to check out the prices for any custom design you have in mind, please feel free to drop me an email [email protected].

hapimint

I made my wedding band from Josi Gems...

In fact, I was so happy with them that I went to make a pair of earrings for my mum which is not out yet...

And I brought my sister there to custom make more jewellery....

I would say Simon has a great memory... he still remembers me even after so many months since I have been there....

Maybe got discount if mention me? haha... Just joking...

I did a half eternity wedding band....
http://photos.netvity.org/ChurchWeddingShots/DSCF0736bw

I chose a very simple design....

mrs_woofie

Hi, we just went down to Fairy Inc today and really like what we saw. But we would like more opinions regarding their quality.

The one that we are going to customised might come up to about 3.5k, which is beyond our budget. Would anyone have any recommendations?

comanches98

me n fiancee going to fairy's inc tomorrow to meet sandra
happy.gif
first time going...hope can get to see nice beautiful rings within budget!

ling3bzr

i confirmed my ring with Fairy last weekend!
my and my htb went in w/o any ideas, but they have quite a few sample rings designs for reference. and from there, you can modidy to come up with ur own. I was served by Evelyn. Very good! Sandra tho dint serve me, was very frenly and professional as well! Thumbs up!!

ngie22

Hi all...

i am also considering Fairy's Inc.. at first, I was skeptical about Fairy, because I heard they overcharge, as compared to other customised shops out there. But, my point of view changed, after meeting Sandra! She was so patient, and so professional.. that whatever she recommend, seem good to me! hahaha... Although the design that I liked, kinda burst my budget for a wedding band... but i will definately consider Fairy! I like them so much!! Makes couples feel comfy abt themselves, and have a wider understanding of each design of the ring.... etc etc... Thumbs up!

Now I finally know why there are no bad comments abt Fairy's Inc! :D

michi

I've collected my wedding band yesterday. Though I agreed that their pices are higher then market rates but I believe with their service and design, it worth the value. They will help customer to come up with their own design, so that every piece of their work is unique. Me & my htb really love the outcome of our wedding band and the ring pillow too. Thumbs up for Fairy's Inc & Sandra who has served us
happy.gif

superfamous

depends on the type of rings you are looking at?

simple, plain, no diamonds prob less than $1k. expect to pay more designs with diamonds
happy.gif
black gold plating will cost extra too.

sparkless

Got our wedding bands from Fairy's Inc.

My HTB's plain champagne gold plated ring is $600 (around there) while mine a full eternity ring cost $2.7k.

Service is really good and the premium you paid is justifiable.

comanches98

I am sad to say this, but Fairy's Inc slipped up on our rings....we had a wonderful experience with them, from our first meeting till our last meeting before we confirmed our rings, but this has to happen.... ...
They fixed an appointment for us to collect our rings on 7 dec 09, saying that we can collect our rings anyday from 7 dec onwards...but when I wanted to fix an appointment with them to collect the rings today, they say that our rings are still in the workshop!! OMG, that really spoils the whole experience. We had high expectations of Fairy's Inc from their wonderful service so this has to be a disappointment...
If only they can hand over the rings on schedule, then the whole experience with them will be complete, but it will not be now... =(

rubypumps

bububitbit (bubit): can email me a picture of your rings ? i can't see the flickr page
sad.gif
[email protected]

zhiwei (comanches98): i think this kind of blunders happen everywhere, hopefully your ring will turn out really good.

anyone have embossing or deep carving/engraving on their rings? can show me your pictures? my email's [email protected]

i'm using them too, going to show Sandra my design this saturday, but i'm really worried about the end product because i can only see it when it's done and it'll be too late if i don't like it.

but i'm really pleased with evelyn and sandra's service, talked to sandra 2wks back and she insist that we should try designing our own ring, it'll be more meaningful, true enough, i really did had fun drawing ~

purplebottle

zhiwei: hope you'll get your rings soon!

i've gotten my ring and I love it! I was worried about how the ring would turn out to be since I could only see the finished product but I'm glad we went to fairy's inc because the service was immaculate and the ring was beautifully done.

comanches98

I think our rings will look gorgeous since it's like our "babies" since we had a say in it's design...but hope all goes well

rubypumps

anyone here really dislike their rings and asked for a redo ?? i wonder if it's possible if you really dont like it...

comanches98

Hey peeps!
I have collected our rings too!! It's exactly as what my darling envisioned! I am so so happy coz she's so so so so so happy!
It's been great service from Fairy's Inc till the slip-up at last minute...wasted. But I think the beauty of the rings more than made up for it =)

comanches98

Rubypumps>> Why would u dislike your rings? U had a say in the design leh. But U have enough time to play around with or not? Coz you know how long they take to make 1 ring...about 1 month at least I think.
But if you really don't like your rings, I think they will re-do for you lah, it's a service too mah

rubypumps

Yes, although I have a say in the design, but what I have in mind may not be properly translated to the ladies in fairysinc, so I'm a little worried.

But nonetheless, I'm probably gonna go ahead with my rings and take the small risk, its a whooping 4.5k.... *heartpain*

flutty

Hi all , im wondering shld i get my wedding bands frm fairysinc ... But .. i dun reli haf in mind a particular design .. cum both my dear and myself wanted blue sap. inside our ring .. But scare burst our budget leh ... Confusing ...

Just like to ask .. Are they very pushy in terms of sales ? I would like to visit them 1st and see if they can offer me some nice design and the price range .. then decide If i want to purchare frm them anot .. -_-

princesspanda

Hey ladies! I just had my ROM & AD about a month ago. I can definitely recommend Fairy's Inc since I had one of my bands custom-made there to fit my engagement ring. Here's the picture!

http://princesspanda.wordpress.com/2010/01/06/my-wedding-band-is-finally-home/

They're very accommodating there, and they have some good ideas. I basically printed a whole bunch of photos for them, and they basically made one almost exactly like the one I picked. Yeah, worth a visit! :)