Does anyone skip VG on AD?

blushpink

Hi all, I'm thinking of having a simple wedding.

Morning
- fetch the bride, no gatecrash
- tea ceremony

Afternoon
- lunch banquet + ROM at hotel

Anyone same scenario as me?
Do you hire a VG?
Cos the cost of hiring a VG is about $1k plus but I also do not know what will they film ( just fetch the bride, tea ceremony, ROM and march in)? Even if got highlights video will be weird, cos just fetch the bride and tea?

But I scare later will regret if I skip it.
Anyone who has the same experience can share or any VG can share your experiences? Thanks!

Ice Seah

I also thinking. I got a colleague also dun have VG for her wedding. She feel that won't go look at it after wedding. Photo can Liao. Some more I dun have gate crash for them to film. But I do have a church wedding. That's why I'm at crossroad.

I didn't have a vg for our wedding last Dec. No regrets! Photos r enough. We did appreciate a video of our march in though which a friend took using iphone. Good enough I think. I rather save the $$ for honeymoon or house.

ruachgall

For me, I decided to have a VG to capture those moments that I didn't get to witness.. I was apprehensive initially too but decided to go for it in the end.. n to keep within my budget, I decided to forego a performance band and go ahead with VG cos VG is something that I can keep but not the band..

JuzDream

I wanted to forgo videographer as well....but my HTB persuaded me to just pay for videographer as we do not want any regrets for not taking the video.

Is up to u actually

Minkishly

I'm not doing gatecrashing either so I think the only thing I'd want a videographer for would be to capture the solemnization ceremony, ie the walk up the aisle and exchange of vows. Since that's such a short duration though, I think I'm just going to get a couple of friends / family in the audience to talk some hp video for us instead. Feels like there won't be much for them to capture, so I don't want to fork out thousands for such little footage, haha. I'd rather spend it on the honeymoon. c:

naiyoucreamy

I did not engage a videographer for my wedding last october. the first march in we showed our childhood montage and the second one, we paid our photographer to do a short montage slideshow. to me i think i didnt regret not engaging videographer. what are the chances of you watching your own video again and again? photos are already sitting in one corner... haha

Phyris

I think the question to ask yourself is when you see yourself taking out the video and watching it. If you can list at least 5 times, in your life you will watch it, then i'll say go for the VG. For me, there is no point, because I feel that photos can also capture the moment, and I don't see myself ever taking out the video to watch…so I'm not having a VG either.

Ice Seah

I'm still thinking want to have VG anot. Cos I have a church wedding. I find that is meaningful to capture de exchange vows. If ask Fren help to video. Dunno whether they will be tactful enough when videoing the process. Like their position to take the video. Hmmm.

septbridetobe

Hi,

Just to ask, I don't have VG on my actual day and what should I show on my dinner banquet 2nd March in? I'm thinking can just march in once and just cut the cake & open the champagne follow by yum sheng will do and so can sit down and enjoy the food :)

Loveinstills

Loveinstills Photography
Hi,

Just to ask, I don't have VG on my actual day and what should I show on my dinner banquet 2nd March in? I'm thinking can just march in once and just cut the cake & open the champagne follow by yum sheng will do and so can sit down and enjoy the food :)

you can actually get your friend/family members etc to help in capturing the video moments and put up a simple clip for the guests to see. alternatively, do a recording of all the well wishes from your family and friends. think that will be quite meaningful too :)

septbridetobe

you can actually get your friend/family members etc to help in capturing the video moments and put up a simple clip for the guests to see. alternatively, do a recording of all the well wishes from your family and friends. think that will be quite meaningful too :)

Hi,

But I do not have gate crashing too.. Actually thinking of putting pak tor photos as a video montage for 2nd march in but kinda lazy to do that and if having two march in we will have no time eating & enjoying the food.

Loveinstills

Loveinstills Photography
Hi,

But I do not have gate crashing too.. Actually thinking of putting pak tor photos as a video montage for 2nd march in but kinda lazy to do that and if having two march in we will have no time eating & enjoying the food.

Yah, it sounds like an idea there. Perhaps u can ask your PG or VG to help out ? So that you can focus on other things.

Loveinstills

Loveinstills Photography
Hmm.. Maybe shall do the montage my own.. Any recommendations to do that?

you can try Movie Maker for Windows or iMovie for Mac. There is also an online version Animoto. Hope that helps :)

GellyMong

I was actually thinking if the same thing.

phirahh

I'm not getting a Vg too :) I feel like the video is only good for showing your guests what happened in the earlier parts of the day. After that you won't really watch (plus you would have to keep converting the files to the newer digital formats!! A lot of my friends say this is the most painful)

soontobebride

I'm not hiring a vg too. Not intending to have gate crash and I can save my money for vg on other wedding stuffs.

Besides childhood montage, is there any other video or clips we can play during the wedding?

Abi_munch

Guess I'm skipping vg too.. vg that offer styles that i like been booked.. can't seem to find any other similar one. :(

Abi_munch

I'm not hiring a vg too. Not intending to have gate crash and I can save my money for vg on other wedding stuffs.

Besides childhood montage, is there any other video or clips we can play during the wedding?

Pre-wedding slide show? hmm i planning not to show any video instead.. can take that time to mingle with my guest..

septbridetobe

Maybe can show partor montage for 2nd march in.. Im thinking of doing it or either straight away one march in only.. Last sat i went to the restaurant collect my wedding card i saw a couple march in once by cutting cake & open champagne follow by yum sheng.. Like that maybe can enjoy the food no nd to rush or miss the food.. Haha..

GellyMong

I got my friend to be my videographer for the day and he charges me cheaper then those bridal shops out there who do video for weddings.

ruachgall

Hi there! wondering which VG did you hire? Will the VG be able to produce the morning highlights video in time to play during your banquet?
Thanks!
Hi there.. my friend doing the VG for me.. can't remember the name of the company but does not include morning highlights

akane81

I'm not even going to have the morning part (tea ceremony and gatecrash) so dont intend to get VG. Friends who got married all told me they dont look at the video so I guess no point getting one, just PG will do. Anyway, I'm not having wedding banquet so there's no need to show the montage or video also.

ruachgall

I m not having gate crash too.. but decided to proceed with VG to capture those moments we would not be able to witness for ourselves since we will be busy with many other stuff..

Tok Hui Ying

Hi BTBs!
We are not going to engage a VG too cuz ours is gonna be a very simple wedding. I think PG is enough to take the photos during tea ceremony and dinner.
Anyway, is bride-fetching a must? Must we do it in early morning?
Thanks for the advice >_<

GellyMong

I found a videographer for $800 without intervals. Which is 5 hours straight and there's free childhood montage. Any opinions about this?

babymiz

Does anyone knows if I just want to record ROM and march in... Is there such VG who only does like maybe 2-3 hours? I'm not having gatecrash too and do not need the montage..

Or is it better to get friends to do it?