Defer ROM Cert

tulip94

Hi jumped

Thanks so much for your advice. I think HDB was more lenient for your case as your flat is ready in advance than forecasted. But for mine, it seems difficult coz it's ready to move in anytime now...In fact, we were thankful that HDB has allowed us to defer from March to August. We are keeping our fingers crossed that they will grant our second deferment coz we really don’t wish to fork out 10K cash for the 20 percent downpayment. We will be sending them a letter. What do you think of the chances of successful appeal? Thanks.

bungy_jumper

hi tulip,
When is your completetion date ? i defered 2 months past mine. Well, lenient or not, i guess it depends who your officer is. Anyway they might approve since they have so many surplus stock now.
Keep stressing that you have no cash, but you liked the flat in that area. if possible submit some supporting documents, and attach your cpf statement.
If possible, fax it then call up your officer after a few hours to make sure she recieved it.
Here's wishing you success...

hi hanny,
I also din't write in or anything, din't want to attract their attention.

hanny

thx ling/jumped,
for my case, more straight4ward.
cos i m already paying 4 my hse, going to reno soon. except tat i can't meet with their 3 mths rom cert, cos only intend to do that in oct.

so i tot i shd just direct the deferment letter to them straightaway, and forget abt the whole issue. what say you gals?

bungy_jumper

I don't think so, hanny.

fyi, my 3 months is long up. paying for hse monthly too. my reno also complete and no plans for rom yet. din't write and yet hope they forget the whole issue.

Ling wrote because they sent her a letter to remind her, otherwise, i don't think she will write-in too. So, maybe you should just wait and erm... don't spoil mkt. hehe

lux

jumped.. good move loh... dont ever get them to focus any attention on you.. heee coz you never know if they decide to make you a poignant case for warning to other couples for not rom-ing earlier..

hanny, for my case, I was ald paying for the house as well.. but I didnt write to them first.. because the lady at HDB say not to write in until they sent the reminder. I think because some appeal fall to the wrong channel and eventually never got addressed.

Anyway right now you can just forget the whole issue until HDB send you the reminder letter.. when the letter comes than appeal..

but then again is your call on the matter...

tulip94

thanks jumped. my area is at choa chu kang. completed long ago and also quite a number of occupants for that block already. i have sent in my letter. just wish to defer till oct if possible. i hope they will be more lenient to us....but again, they might be more stringent now coz i think there are a lot of such cases and they might not want to 'open gate' to such issue. i.e allowing couples to defer for too long..

tulip94

will definitely stressed abt $..coz this is the main issue...thanks so much..will keep you posted of the outcome. Our 2nd appt shld be 5 August..wont go liao since we had sent the letter yesterday...

bungy_jumper

hi tulip,
Just call up your officer 1 or 2 days befor 5 Aug to make sure they received your deferment letter. That's what i did too, cos of the clause. Haha, a little worried if the letter din't even reach them.
Oh, but then my fren who deferred 2 times just simply din't turn up for the appointment. When they called her, she simply said she forgot. Then they gave her a new date 1 month later.

tulip94

Thanks jumped. I think i will call up a day before as advised by you. The letter was sent to the customer service manager. so shld i call her or just call any hotline? coz if i call her, she might just turn down our request for deferment directly. What if she say that she can't defer anymore and ask us to go down to collect the key and make the 20percent downpayment asap? Actually, i wanted to send the letter and just wait for their reply - either good or bad news.

As advised by the other brides here, i dont want to trigger them to remember us..but on the other hand, i am afraid that they will just forfeit our 2k and unit since we did not oblige to their clause..

stress but thanks for your advices..

bungy_jumper

don't think they will just forfeit your deposit. If they reject your deferment, i think they will give you a new date. for mine, Anything more than a month, have to write in, so they will prob write to you rather than reply over the phone.

wish you success...btw is your cs manager Ms Ho ?

tulip94

Yes, jumped. She is Ms C. Ho. I think same manager as yours.

I read from other threads that their officer (a male officer) disapproved their deferment and they would consider deferment of keys for the reasons as follow:

1. Bankruptcy of any of the applicants
2. Applicants or immediate relatives deceased (Choy!)
3. Applicants or immediate relatives in serious ill condition that does not warrant them to collect keys (Choy too!)

Very stressed after seeing the above msg..

Did you manager to get your deferment successfully too? or yours is just deferment of rom cert?

Thanks. :0)

bungy_jumper

Defer keys, rom cert not yet.

I din use any of your above reasons. i kept stressing on money. Unemployment also cannot cos they want proof of unemployment! (where to get?)

bungy_jumper

heh.. nope mine 10% and 10% staggered cos key not ready. in total i deferred 3 times. 1st - 6 mths, 2nd - 3 mths, 3rd - 1 month.

It gets harder each time. more supporting documents required.

tulip94

thanks jumped! think they have to be rigid..they dun want to "open gates" for this kind of issue too..thanks..appreciate it..

mayelene

hi gals... i haven't presented my marriage cert to HDB. bought the flat over 1 yr liao, and my AD is in june this yr. HDB nvr sent me letter asking for the cert, so i oso never write in to defer. anyway, now i have the cert liao, how should i give them? do my hb and i have to go to hdb personally to submit, or mail them? anyone gone throu it b4?

elicia898

Hi mayelene, u just have to go down to ur area HDB Branch office (Where u buying season parking coupon) and hand to the reception counter. If they ask, just tell them ROM cert for HDB submission will do.. Note tat u only need to submit a photocopied set.

eggie

hi mayelene,
for us we just call the HDB branch office. then they asked us to fax to them. after that they did called us to let us know they got it. it's simple.
happy.gif

apache68

hi all, I am thinking of deferring my submission of the ROM cert so that my ROM and chinese can be on the same day which is dec 06. Wondering anyone has tried successfully to defer the submission more than 1 year later? can forward me the sample letter which you wrote to [email protected]? Thank you.
happy.gif
happy.gif

bungy_jumper

hi collin,
i got my keys march 04 and deferred submitting the cert till Nov this year. total of 20 months.

Your reason sounds valid enough, just send them a copy of whatever booking receipts you have.

ju4n

is the defer only applicable to new flat?

For resale flat, can we deferred submitting the ROM cert too?

sandsand

hi. i got my request for deferment of keys and cert too. u just have to type a simple letter tell them that u want a deferment (best to include your preferred date) and your reason why. Doesnt haev to very impressive or a really really sad story. just tell them plainly what u want and why.

ice99

hi kelvin,

when did you collect your keys to your flat and when did HDB called you? I would like to know the period of time which they take to call you. I just got my keys in jan06 , thinking if I should write in now or wait... thanks

rinnie

Hi all, I also have the same enquiries as juan..cos most likely me taking resale..is it possible to defer for resale flat too..would reali appreciate any reply..cos my bf and I are thinking of getting ROM this yr just becos of the flat. I would reali want both ROM and AD on the same day, which will be end of next year....

samgirl

I bought a resale flat and by right was supposed to produce our ROM cert on the day we collect our keys in Dec last year. However, on our first appointment in Oct last eyar, we requested for deferment to produce our cert till Sep this year (defer of about 10 months) as we wanted it to be held on this specific date (our 2nd anniversary)...my Fiance had to type out a letter stating the reasons of deferment and also we produced a receipt of the deposit of the venue in which our ROM was to be held (Amara hotel)...anyway, all in all, we got our deferment.

I guess as long as u have a valid reason, dun think it's too big a prob to request for deferment

airex

Hi all,

I juz got my keys n my AD is in Oct 06. I wrote in to HDB. To make ur case stronger, juz attach supporting documents.. (e.g I photocopied the hotel contract that we signed, deposit paid, bridal studio n letter frm JP etc) Most importantly, these documents shld have ur wedding date stated. They look out on that..
Hope all goes well..

happy.gif

any enquiries, can email me at [email protected]

janton

Hi,

I like to defer my collection of keys too. Can someone please send me the letter of deferment as well?

Thanks a million!

ambereen

hey sam, juz wanna check with u..did u take the family grant? I would love to defer my ROM for about 2months bt i need the grant...

pipilili

hi samgirl,
i think you are one of those lucky ones.
i am trying to defer too...now i really have a VERY big problem cos my parents are renovating their pl and we actually thought tt this new place can be used when my parent's pl are under renovation. oh my god!!! Now I heard that its case by case basis.
I went down to HDB and explained to them, faxed them everything from bridal package, hotel and blah...I am unsure...even my parents reno agreement, I also faxed to them. I think I am desperate liaoz.

alya

i would also like a copy
thanks so much
i am now hunting for my flat, my AD is in july 2007, think need to defer at least 8months after completion..

jgal

lys .. i dun think you need worry.
If you are looking for a ideal flat now, it will probably take you another 1-2 mths before you find it which will take you ard Sept. You will probably get your flat only after the X'mas or new year. Then you got 3 mths to submit your rom. Which will bring you just a 3 mth delay. You probably only need to email them to tell them you need to defer :p

alya

thanks so much Jgal
i feel so assured.
also, i received an email from HDB! i wrote in ysday to enquire and they replied so quickly! i am surprised!!

samgirl

For us, we informed the HDB officer about our case on our 1st appointment and gave her our letter explaining why we need this delay and also a copy of the receipt (with date of solemnisation, and name of either bride/groom stated on the receipt) which we got from our Hotel when we paid the deposit.

Then we waited a few weeks and then, the HDB officer called us to inform us that our appeal has been approved and so, we commenced for our 2nd Appointment.

Remember, all letter of appeals/receipts must be shown on 1st Appointment because by right, HDB's policy is that you must produce the Marriage Cert ON THE DAY of 2nd Appointment (if taking loan from HDB) or within 3 months of 2nd Appointment (if not taking loan from HDB). So if you wait till 2nd appointment then produce appeal then will be too late even if the HDB officer is willing to help.

gohhappy

hi guys,

Just wanna add my 2 cents worth. Initially, i was also like you, very worried about the rules & regulations or procedures for deferment etc..

Guess wat, i heard a lot of pple saying that just wait for HDB to chase you for the cert. no need to initiate the deferment letter thingy. True enough, i did not bother to submit the deferment request till about 4-5 months later.

So what i'm trying to say is... dun fret too much over this deferment thing. Concentrate on your other preparation! Good luck!

alya

thanks so much everyone for sharing your experiences !! now i am going to concentrate on my flat hunt
hope to find something i like soon...

queenly

went for my 1st appointment last sat. my 2nd appointment will be on 5th april but my rom is on 21st may. so wat i did was to prepare some documents like receipt of the restaurant for my rom and i got the photographer i engaged to write an acknowledgement letter. i submitted these in to hdb so the officer just told me after my ROM then submit the cert will do.

twinkie

Hihi, me and my bf also having worries about whether or not we will be able to defer the ROM?

We are lookin for resale flat now and planning our AD and ROM early next year. i heard read/heard that we need to submit ROM cert on 1st appointment. But we do wish to rush our marriage is it possible to defer without any proof of receipts? Cuz we plan to look for banquet and bridal package after we settle our biggest commitment which is the flat and renovation.

somemore i went down to ask hdb if possible to defer ROM and she told me to write in but subject to approval. It got me worried what if they don't approve? then we'll have to rush our ROM and not be able to have together with AD.

Any idea if HDB will not approve if we do not have any receipts to show? and when must i write in to defer? thanks a whole bunch!

jgal

are you thinking up grant ?

If you need grant hor, they will need your cert and everything to settle before they can transfer the money into your acct.

Alternatively, you shld get a new flat. New flat they are not so strict on the rom cert cos' they are not "topping-up" your acct meh.